Author Topic: [IC] A switch with a new design | Bronze Switch  (Read 3020 times)

Offline keybay.tech

• KEYBAY
[IC] A switch with a new design | Bronze Switch
« on: Sun, 20 August 2023, 03:11:20 »
Bronze Switch

I believe that every enthusiast should have various of switches in their collection, myself.
However, today we want to make a change, so we are introducing a new design of switch that looks like a diamond.
But I don't want to call it a diamond, as it's closely connected to our previous keycap set known as the 'Bronze Age.'
We have adopted the color scheme of the Bronze Age, which is why we're calling this switch the 'Bronze Switch.'

We have started the production of Bronze Switch, and we are eagerly looking forward to bring it to everyone in September.
If you are interested in our products, welcome to join our Discord

*We have captured a set of photos as clearly as possible*

1. Exterior Design

Unlike the traditional cuboid shape, our switch top housing and stem has been redesigned with a ‘Octagonal’ profile,
featuring complete symmetry on the top surface. The four sides are adorned with triangular diamond facets.

2. Classic Color Scheme

Matching the color of Bronze Age keyset,
the colors imitate the gradual oxidation and color changes of ancient bronze artifacts as they age.
This creates a feeling of time-travel, where centuries blend into an instant.

3. Specifications

Name: Bronze
Switch type: Linear
Stem: Pom Modification
Top Housing: Blended Nylon (PA66)
Bottom Housing: Blended Nylon (PA66)
Spring: Japanese 20mm Single Stage
Pre-travel: 1.9mm
Total Travel: 3.8mm
Operating Force: 55g
Bottom-out Force: 63g
Manufacturer: W.P.J Naughty

4. Stability

With a shift from the traditional bottom-case guide to a redesigned top-case guide,
coupled with precisely molded stem cores, the stem movement is well-managed when lightly tapping the keycaps.
This results in exceptional stability. The flat-profile bottoming-out provides a crisp and clean touch,
while the quick rebound ensures a strong feedback.

5. Smoothness & Noise

Using Japanese material for the switch housing and spring, as well as high-precision molds,
there is increased consistency. Switches stems and spring bottoms are lightly factory-lubed,
ready to use out of the box.
This ensures smooth and seamless key presses while effectively controlling noise. 

Again, If you are interested in our products, welcome to join our Discord , Thank you!

Offline Findecanor

Re: [IC] A switch with a new design | Bronze Switch
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 20 August 2023, 05:10:06 »
The top housing looks wider than a regular Cherry MX. Will thick-walled Cherry profile keycaps fit without touching the housing when bottoming out?
« Last Edit: Sun, 20 August 2023, 08:05:49 by Findecanor »

Offline jiminojimi

« Reply #2 on: Sun, 20 August 2023, 06:23:50 »
I feel it... Looks great

Offline Ventamora

« Reply #3 on: Sun, 20 August 2023, 08:01:05 »
Professor Wang has been busy lately. Good to see more variety in Switches again, though. And good luck with the IC.

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #4 on: Sun, 20 August 2023, 10:38:12 »
Are these a recolor of the Diamond Avolon switch?
https://nlandkeys.com/products/stock-selling-date8-15-diamond-avolon-switches

I just recently stumbled across the avolon switches.  I really like the warmer green color of these shown here.  I see that you mention the smaller stem body have positive effect on wobble.  I would imagine there is more wobble than usual, but I see that's not the case.  I'll be interested to test them in person eventually.  Also... are we SURE that this design doesn't have any collision with GMK R3 caps?  Because I recently tried another novel shaped switch, the TTC Neptune, and found out that it hits the underside of GMK R3 caps. 
« Last Edit: Sun, 20 August 2023, 11:56:21 by pixelpusher »

Offline Akele

« Reply #5 on: Sun, 20 August 2023, 11:40:39 »
Looks cool. Are you sending any out to Streamers / YouTubers for review?

Offline keybay.tech

• KEYBAY
« Reply #6 on: Sun, 20 August 2023, 22:17:31 »
The top housing looks wider than a regular Cherry MX. Will thick-walled Cherry profile keycaps fit without touching the housing when bottoming out?

No, we have tested with a lot keysets. We have not seen this happen to any keycaps so far.

Offline keybay.tech

• KEYBAY
« Reply #7 on: Sun, 20 August 2023, 22:21:25 »
Are these a recolor of the Diamond Avolon switch?
https://nlandkeys.com/products/stock-selling-date8-15-diamond-avolon-switches

I just recently stumbled across the avolon switches.  I really like the warmer green color of these shown here.  I see that you mention the smaller stem body have positive effect on wobble.  I would imagine there is more wobble than usual, but I see that's not the case.  I'll be interested to test them in person eventually.  Also... are we SURE that this design doesn't have any collision with GMK R3 caps?  Because I recently tried another novel shaped switch, the TTC Neptune, and found out that it hits the underside of GMK R3 caps.

Our switch are also from the same manufacturer as AVOLON, but our specs are different. Also, after we have tested many keycaps, none of them will touch the top housing.

Offline keybay.tech

• KEYBAY
« Reply #8 on: Sun, 20 August 2023, 22:21:41 »

Offline keybay.tech

• KEYBAY
« Reply #9 on: Sun, 20 August 2023, 22:21:55 »
Professor Wang has been busy lately. Good to see more variety in Switches again, though. And good luck with the IC.

Yes, he is

Offline keybay.tech

• KEYBAY
« Reply #10 on: Sun, 20 August 2023, 22:24:32 »
Looks cool. Are you sending any out to Streamers / YouTubers for review?

We will send some testers to Youtubers. I am waiting for their reply and hope they will be interested.