Author Topic: Chatroulette.com  (Read 4986 times)

Offline trievalot

Chatroulette.com
« on: Sat, 06 March 2010, 16:37:22 »
Anyone else seen this?

So far its been mostly fat dudes, chicks who drop off as soon as they see the plant i have in front of the camera, and one guy whacking off.

disturbing.

(i got the site from Tosh.0)
[SIGPIC]

Offline trievalot

Chatroulette.com
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 06 March 2010, 19:54:39 »
if i start seeing people whacking with premium keyboards in the foreground, ill know its a fellow geekhacker!
[SIGPIC]

Offline msiegel

Chatroulette.com
« Reply #2 on: Sat, 06 March 2010, 20:06:49 »
to*

Filco Zero (Fukka) AEKII sliders and keycaps * Filco Tenkeyless MX brown * IBM F/AT parts: modding
Model F Mod Log * Open Source Generic keyboard controller

Offline TexasFlood

Chatroulette.com
« Reply #3 on: Sat, 06 March 2010, 20:26:27 »
Quote from: ripster;162229
I heard about it on National Public Radio.  Their conclusion was guys whacking off was 80% of the content.  

Don't y'all log on at once.

.....he said "whacking off", huhuhu.. huhuhu....

Offline kriminal

Chatroulette.com
« Reply #4 on: Sat, 06 March 2010, 20:40:33 »
>_>
Geekhacked Filco FKBN87M/EB modified with Brown, black and blue cherries, doubleshot keycaps
Deck KBA-BL82 with Black cherries
Cherry G84-4100LCMDK-0 Cherry ML switches
Cherry G80-8200hpdus-2 Brown cherries
IBM Lexmark 51G8572 Model M Keyboard
Geekhacked Siig Minitouch KB1948
IBM Model M Mini 1397681

Offline TexasFlood

Chatroulette.com
« Reply #5 on: Sat, 06 March 2010, 20:48:26 »
Quote from: kriminal;162246
>_>
Yeah, well, trying to work a Mike Judge theme...

See?  Somebody stop me before I "Judge" again...!

Yeah man, I tell ya what, man, that dang ol’ internet, man, you just go in on there and point and click, talk about w-w-dot-w-com, mean you got nekkid chicks on there, man, just go click, click, click, click, click, it’s real easy, man.
« Last Edit: Sat, 06 March 2010, 21:10:34 by TexasFlood »

Offline InSanCen

Chatroulette.com
« Reply #6 on: Sun, 07 March 2010, 14:56:36 »
Chatroulette reactions are a favourite of 4chan. If you see a truly disturbing video, then you know you have a one on your hands. play along, wind them up.
Currently Using :- IBM M13 1996, Black :
Currently Own :- 1391406 1989 & 1990 : AT Model F 1985 : Boscom 122 (Black) : G80-3000 : G80-1800 (x2) : Wang 724 : G81-8000LPBGB (Card Reader, MY) : Unitek : AT102W : TVS Gold :
Project\'s :- Wang 724 Pink-->White Clicky : USB Model M : IBM LPFK :
Pointing stuff :- Logitech MX-518 : I-One Lynx R-15 Trackball : M13 Nipple : Microsoft Basic Optical\'s
:

Offline itlnstln

Chatroulette.com
« Reply #7 on: Mon, 08 March 2010, 07:57:47 »
Artoftrolling.com (I think that's the URL; I can't check at work).  Funny stuff.

Offline itlnstln

Chatroulette.com
« Reply #8 on: Mon, 08 March 2010, 11:11:44 »
Chatroulette looks like a site for absolute losers and the people that prey on them. If you seriously don't have a friend to chat with that you need to use something like this, then you need to shower or put on some deodorant or something. There has to be some easily explainable reason why you don't have any friends.

Offline itlnstln

Chatroulette.com
« Reply #9 on: Mon, 08 March 2010, 12:33:21 »
Which leads us back to rule number 1 of the Internet.  Anything anonymous will be dominated by pervs and *******s.  Of course, this renders anything good intended by said service null and void.

Offline hyperlinked

Chatroulette.com
« Reply #10 on: Mon, 08 March 2010, 22:56:24 »
Quote from: itlnstln;162558
Which leads us back to rule number 1 of the Internet.  Anything anonymous will be dominated by pervs and *******s.  Of course, this renders anything good intended by said service null and void.

I thought you were a programmer? Counting starts at 0 bro so we're forgetting rule #0 of the Internet and any kind of technology that requires critical mass to succeed: put money on they pervs and the *******s. They will lead the way until everyone else finds their inner perv/*******... or they begin to realize that maybe the stuff built on sales to pervs and *******s actually has some legitmate use.

I haven't tried Chat Roulette yet. It's something I'd love to try because in concept it's taking us back to the days of the early Internet when the technology seemed so invigorating and ground breaking. I'm sure there are plenty of people here who have spent more hours than intended typing away to someone or a couple of other people they ran into in an AOL chatroom, IRC, ICQ, or any of the other early chats.

On a good night, it was a learning experience. Sometimes it was just a good story and sometimes, it was just a way to kill time.

There's a huge BUUUUT in here. I don't remember being frustrated by running into pervs and *******s when I used to use ICQ to chat with random people. I made a few friends that way over time including one that now lives nearby and I've come to know well.

Most of our onlline socializing now just takes us to digital morphine. So much of it is numbing and predictable. The concept of Chatroulette reminds me of a very interesting period of Internet history when the technology seemed like we could have been on a profound paradigm change in the way we could approach society.

I'm probably seeing this through the film of nostalgia and removing that filter for a moment, it's likely that Chatroulette will not ever become the portal into a parallel world that the early chat systems and the early Internet were bouyed by a sense of scarcity. We no longer have that problem and perhaps the unintended side effect of being able to achieve critical mass in such a sudden period of time is that the more people you have access to, the less remarkable they each seem.

To this end, I think the reason why I find GeekHack appealing is because it's small enough, random enough, and interesting enough... and that's before I unhide Webwit's posts.
« Last Edit: Mon, 08 March 2010, 22:59:09 by hyperlinked »
-

Topre: Realforce 103U Cherry: Filco Majestouch 104 (Brown), Ione Scorpius M10 (Blue)
Buckling Spring: IBM Model M1391401 ALPS: Apple Extended Keyboard II (Cream), ABS M1 (Fukka/Black), MicroConnectors Flavored USB (Black)
Domes: Matias Optimizer, Kensington ComfortType, Microsoft Internet Keyboard
Scissors: Apple Full Sized Aluminum
Pointy Stuff: Razer Imperator, Razer Copperhead, DT225 Trackball, Apple Magic Mouse, Logitech MX1000, Apple Mighty Mouse
Systems: MacPro, MacBook Pro, ASUS eeePC netbook, Dell D600 laptop, a small cluster of Linux Web servers
Displays: Apple Cinema Display 30", Apple Cinema Display 23"
Ergo Devices: Zody Chair, Nightingale CXO, Somaform, Theraball, 3M AKT180LE Keyboard Tray

Offline itlnstln

Chatroulette.com
« Reply #11 on: Tue, 09 March 2010, 10:51:56 »
Quote from: hyperlinked;162656
I thought you were a programmer?

I'm not a programmer, I'm a data analyst.  I start counting at "1" like normal people.  I might be moving to more of a programming role in the near future, though.  We'll see.