Author Topic: IBM SSK bolt-modded 1987 1-piece caps $250 shipped  (Read 2839 times)

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • weird funny old guy
IBM SSK bolt-modded 1987 1-piece caps $250 shipped
« on: Thu, 30 July 2015, 16:26:51 »
Excellent condition SSK old-style with 1-piece caps (about 2-3 were missing and have been replaced with 2-pc) which are almost like new with no shiny spots, not even on the space bar.

Fully tested, thoroughly cleaned inside and out, and bolt-modded (by me) with nuts and washers.

There is a faint residue of writing on the back which I cleaned 98% and I suspect you could get the rest with slightly more aggressive cleaning, but it might leave a shiny spot, which is why I stopped.

$250 shipped domestic US. I would really prefer not to ship international, but it would be $60 additional.
« Last Edit: Sat, 01 August 2015, 17:12:38 by fohat.digs »
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
Re: IBM SSK bolt-modded 1987 1-piece caps $250 shipped
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 01 August 2015, 17:13:46 »
Weekend bump. This is a very nice specimen, much better than what is currently on ebay for a few $20 bills less.
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline fknraiden

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: Sat, 01 August 2015, 17:18:45 »
Weekend bump. This is a very nice specimen, much better than what is currently on ebay for a few $20 bills less.

the one im confident you are referring to is also a 93' lexmark.
this is an amazing deal and i also almost grabbed this myself.

IBM SSK 87'     ReAlForce 55g Silent 10AE

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #3 on: Sat, 01 August 2015, 18:18:34 »

I don't quite know what you are talking about.

Looking at ebay just now I don't see anything less than $275

Offline fknraiden

« Reply #4 on: Sat, 01 August 2015, 18:24:45 »

I don't quite know what you are talking about.

Looking at ebay just now I don't see anything less than $275

Sorry for the confusion, i was just confirming what you started in OP

The only ssk on ebay right now is $275 and its a lexmark 93' with all 2 piece caps.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #5 on: Mon, 03 August 2015, 16:33:08 »
Another bump. Nice keyboard, ready to fly.

Offline PocketFool

• Coming down with a serious case of mech-mania
« Reply #6 on: Mon, 03 August 2015, 16:51:39 »
I'm 100% positive that, if I had a BS BB v2, I'd be unable to resist the urge to buy this buckling beauty.
Always looking for lime-green and red colored topre RF sets.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #7 on: Sun, 09 August 2015, 18:50:34 »
Last bump before I put this up on ebay for $285+

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #8 on: Mon, 10 August 2015, 18:12:10 »
If you want it buy it here.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #9 on: Mon, 10 August 2015, 19:18:04 »
People be mad to pass up on this!

I have two already, and international postage also prevents me from buying it, but I am tempted.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline dante

« Reply #10 on: Mon, 10 August 2015, 20:12:10 »
If it was a 1390120 I would have bought it.  Sorry :(

Offline fknraiden

« Reply #11 on: Mon, 10 August 2015, 20:19:02 »

that is a full size.

Offline dante

« Reply #12 on: Mon, 10 August 2015, 20:20:51 »

that is a full size.

Yep.  I have a Unicomp 103 in the mail.  Still would like to get a bolt modded 1390120 or other Silver label someday.