Author Topic: QIDO mini overview  (Read 1072 times)

Offline FinancialWar

QIDO mini overview
« on: Tue, 17 January 2012, 22:49:01 »
I recently bought QIDO (qwerty in dvorak out) from keyghost. It arrived yesterday, the one I got is white colour, Patra from Keyghost have agree to exchange for a black one so I will post it back to keyghost latter today. Just want to do a quick overview of the device.

Right now I don't have any keyboard that have number lock, so I can not test the numberlock function, which lets you toggle between qwerty and dvorak instantly. I will try this function later on.

I have attached some pictures and a video.

The QIDO also failed to work with my Filco 87U brown cherry, but works fine with Filco 87U blue cherry.

« Last Edit: Tue, 17 January 2012, 22:59:09 by FinancialWar »
Visit the Typing Test and try!

Offline sordna

QIDO mini overview
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 18 January 2012, 01:00:51 »
Cool, thanks for posting that video! I like that the device gives you a menu to choose from. Reminds me of my Fingerworks Touchstream keyboard which has menus like that. So what's the verdict on the QIDO functionality, thumbs up ?
Kinesis Contoured Advantage & Advantage2 LF with Cherry MX Red switches / Extra keys mod / O-ring dampening mod / Dvorak layout. ErgoDox with buzzer and LED mod.
Also: Kinesis Advantage Classic, Kinesis Advantage2, Data911 TG3, Fingerworks Touchstream LP, IBM SSK (Buckling spring), Goldtouch GTU-0077 keyboard

Offline FinancialWar

QIDO mini overview
« Reply #2 on: Wed, 18 January 2012, 01:18:34 »
yes, it does what it is advertised to do however, it does not recognised one of my filco, so I don't know if it is the fault of the QIDO or the fault of the keyboard.

Other than that it is very good, there is no lag, input are instant.

Offline sordna

QIDO mini overview
« Reply #3 on: Wed, 18 January 2012, 01:19:43 »
What did the QIDO folks say about it?
Kinesis Contoured Advantage & Advantage2 LF with Cherry MX Red switches / Extra keys mod / O-ring dampening mod / Dvorak layout. ErgoDox with buzzer and LED mod.
Also: Kinesis Advantage Classic, Kinesis Advantage2, Data911 TG3, Fingerworks Touchstream LP, IBM SSK (Buckling spring), Goldtouch GTU-0077 keyboard

Offline FinancialWar

QIDO mini overview
« Reply #4 on: Wed, 18 January 2012, 01:22:17 »
I also tried the QIDO on my realforce and the kinesis, and they all worked. I think it is most like to be the fault of the keyboard.