geekhack Marketplace > Group Buys and Preorders

[GB] GMK Aegyptus ☥

(1/9) > >>

savageastr0naut:
GMK Aegyptus

A keycap set themed around one of the greatest and most powerful civilizations in the history of the world.

Ancient Egypt, the mysterious civilization that dates as far back as the 4th millennium BCE. Its wonders preserved throughout the times in various forms of art, monuments, and hidden secrets to be rediscovered thousands of years later. The impact of such a civilization would ruffle the pages of history and change the world forever. Ancient Egypt was truly a civilization like no other. The agriculture, unique society, and of course the beliefs of the people truly made it a marvel of the ancient world – an oasis in the desert, Kemet. However, all things, no matter how great, eventually come to an end. Egypt was resurrected several times, but it never attained its former glory. The Egypt of antiquity came as close as it ever would to its mythical status. Some believe that the Greek and Roman influence of antiquity did more harm than good. Perhaps extraterrestrials are to blame. After all, how did they build the pyramids back then? Nonetheless, the impact of this once pinnacle civilization will echo throughout history and the sands of time for all eternity, even in the realm of the Duat - or so they say.

Scarab (coming soon) x GMK Aegyptus

Vendors
☥ USA – Mechs & Co.
☥ Canada – DeskHero
☥ EU – CandyKeys
☥ UK – proto[Typist]
☥ Oceania – DailyClack
☥ SEA – ILUMKB
☥ Asia – ZFrontier

Kits
renders by sGhost (sGhost#3666)

Pschent – Base Kit

Hedjet – Novelties Kit

Deshret – Spacebars Kit

Keyboard Renders
Atlas by Koobaczech

Dawn by Finite Design

Hubble65 by Mechs & Co. and Yoni Wolf

TGR Jane by yuktsi

Deskmats
designed by goldiwolfi

Collaborations
☥ RAMA
☥ Latrialum
☥ Artkey
☥ Nork Studios
☥ Sui Paracords - Custom Cable
☥ MarbleK - Wrist Rest
☥ Handemade by G.C.W. - Custom Keyboard Carrying Bag
☥ Leonardo Da Mouse - custom Aegyptus themed mouse

Scarab

RAMA

Latrialum

Nork Studios

SuiParacords
https://suiparacords.store/collections/group-buy

*please note: the production units will have gold USB connections

MarbleK - Serpentine Green Marble Wrist Rest
https://marblek.com/product/pre-order-serpentine-green-wrist-rest-x-gmk-aegyptus/

Handmade by GCW
https://forms.gle/6PSJziNB99bPHXBs7

LeonardoDaMouse
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSefktEqm_8wLHntkfx1z932nochKxALmLyHd5yx7rWghgYHLw/viewform

Asero Foundry

Colors
GMK L9, GMK N7, Pantone 4019C

It was rumored that Ancient Egypt was pristine hdj (white) and nbw (gold), everywhere you looked. However I believe it to have realistically been more beige/ivory as opposed to a pristine white. There is no way something remains white with that much sand around. Therefore, I think that GMK L9 and N7 capture that depiction beautifully. Moreover, wadj (green) was a popular color in Ancient Egypt. The Ancient Egyptians believed in a god who they called Osiris: the god of fertility, agriculture, the dead, and resurrection. It is said that Osiris' skin is wadj (green) in color. Therefore, it is incorporated into several aspects of the Ancient Egyptian culture and can be seen in things ranging from the use of Malachite rock (the source of all things green in Ancient Egypt) in ceremonial scarabs to the almighty Osiris himself and the Field of Reeds.

GMK Aegyptus Signature Banner
Show your support for GMK Aegyptus with this banner for your signature!

--- Code: ---[url=https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=112098.0][img=https://i.imgur.com/NxbaUQz.png][/img][/url]
--- End code ---

Special Thanks
I want to thank everyone who played a part, no matter how small or large, in the making of this set. My love for history and the worlds of past would not have come to life as the first keycap set that I have designed without you all. I am humbled to have designed a keycap set with such a powerful theme as this. My sincerest thanks and gratitude to the following people: CoolMike, goldiwolfi, sGhost, Fatboycarney, Break, Meika from Latrialum, Koobaczech, Konstantin – whose knowledge and insight on kitting has indirectly helped me, the guys over at Asero Foundry, and my fellow team members at Mechs & Co. 

Groupbuy Date - July 02, 2021 - August 02, 2021

Follow me on Instagram!

Updates

𓆣 Order submitted to GMK via lead vendor M&C
𓆣 GMK invoices paid by all vendors
𓆣 Color sample arrived at M&C WH
𓆣 Color sample pending approval by designer
𓆣 Color sample approved by designer
𓆣 Shipping to vendors
𓆣 Shipping to customers
𓆣 If you have not received your GMK Aegyptus order yet, then consider contacting your local vendor.
𓆣 GB officially closed

Zeryph:
Beautiful Set! Love the colors and reasons as to why each one was chosen.
I'm in!
GLWGB!!!

savageastr0naut:

--- Quote from: Zeryph on Wed, 07 July 2021, 17:05:44 ---Beautiful Set! Love the colors and reasons as to why each one was chosen.
I'm in!
GLWGB!!!

--- End quote ---

Thank You! I'm glad you like the set. I did research to justify my choices for GMK Aegyptus, glad it's appreciated. 𓂀

nanooq:
Great color selection! Two questions w.r.t. the asero artisans - they only seem to be available on mechas&co? This is a big pain for us EU folks :( The picture on mechs&co shows a green artisan as a third cap instead of the speckled white one shown here - which one is the correct one?

savageastr0naut:

--- Quote from: nanooq on Fri, 09 July 2021, 07:46:27 ---Great color selection! Two questions w.r.t. the asero artisans - they only seem to be available on mechas&co? This is a big pain for us EU folks :( The picture on mechs&co shows a green artisan as a third cap instead of the speckled white one shown here - which one is the correct one?

--- End quote ---

I am deeply sorry about the Asero artisans, but it seems Mechs & Co. is the only vendor who will be offering them. For everyone outside the US that would like to purchase an Asero artisan and the shipping is expensive, please consider reaching out to us via the Mechs & Co. Discord or our Contact Us page on the website. Perhaps we can get a slightly cheaper shipping rate for you.

As for the Asero artisan colorways offered, I simply forgot to update this post with the latest Asero artisan renders - my apologies. As shown on the Mechs & Co. product page, the green w/white-gold specks colorway is being offered alongside the gold and the white. I have updated the Original Post with the correct render.

I appreciate the kind words and your questions.

Thank You! ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version