geekhack Marketplace > Great Finds

Turbot 87 key (blue) -- $24 (Free Prime Shipping)

<< < (2/5) > >>

ander:
To post a brief follow-up, having used this board several times on various trips: I must say, I've enjoyed it greatly! The key feel and sound are perfect---quite satisfyingly tactile and clicky, yet not loud enough to prompt banging on the wall from adjoining hotel rooms (LOL).

The keeb (ha, I said "keeb") continues to work flawlessly, with no inconsistency between switches. And while there are certainly lighter boards one could take on the road, the board's stability and solid feel seem worth the extra bit of weight.

If you're looking for a fun, compact board at an unbeatable price, and don't need fancy disco-light effects, I really don't think you can go wrong with something like this.

wounditup:
Just ordered one to replace my apple keyboard at work.

ander:

--- Quote from: wounditup on Sat, 26 August 2017, 13:07:20 ---Just ordered one to replace my apple keyboard at work.

--- End quote ---

Hope it's not too clacky. Or maybe you have your own office where you can shut the door. Or maybe you work with peeps who like clickety keebs. They do make you seem more productive.

wounditup:

--- Quote from: ander on Sun, 27 August 2017, 02:47:24 ---
--- Quote from: wounditup on Sat, 26 August 2017, 13:07:20 ---Just ordered one to replace my apple keyboard at work.

--- End quote ---

Hope it's not too clacky. Or maybe you have your own office where you can shut the door. Or maybe you work with peeps who like clickety keebs. They do make you seem more productive.

--- End quote ---
It's actually my first mech. I've tried all of the cherry switches and blue is my favourite. My coworkers shouldn't mind much seeing as the guy next to me has a Razer with the green switches.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

ander:

--- Quote from: wounditup on Sun, 27 August 2017, 09:39:44 ---It's actually my first mech. I've tried all of the cherry switches and blue is my favourite. My coworkers shouldn't mind much seeing as the guy next to me has a Razer with the green switches.
--- End quote ---

Well, congrats on your first MK, and welcome to the wacky keeb world!

It sounds like your coworkers already understand what good, fun typing sounds like, so that's good. If your board turns out to be louder than you wish, though, you can add some silicone O-rings to it, which are quite inexpensive and easy to install. They shorten the key travel slightly, but make a noticeable different in loudness. You may actually prefer them that way. Here's a GH page about them.

You can order a whole set of O-rings from Asia for less than $1, including shipping, if you don't mind waiting 2–3 weeks to get them. If you want them faster, there's a few bucks from U.S. sellers. (Those are eBay links, for your convenience.)

As with anything KB-related, you'll also see widely varied opinions about O-rings here on GH—everything from what an improvement they are, to how they "ruin" a board's touch (LOL). The best way to decide just to try them yourself. Personally, I enjoy having them on a couple of boards... I don't have to worry about noise, but I like the variety. Cheers, A.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version