Author Topic: IBM Numeric Keypad P/N 69H8533  (Read 1501 times)

Offline sharktastica

• CompSci research student, IBMer, r/ModelM mod
    • Admiral Shark's Keyboards
IBM Numeric Keypad P/N 69H8533
« on: Tue, 06 October 2020, 05:17:39 »
(Re)introducing the P/N 69H8533... and that's all I know about this. Not even a name.

I picked up this numeric keypad from Yahoo! Japan Auction for a very decent price out of curiosity, a purchase made very much in the dark. I'm hoping someone here much more familiar with Japanese IBM gear can tell me more about this thing. My preliminary search found not much other than this could have possibly sidecar'd the IBM 5535-ZAD, a large ThinkPad-looking thing that had what looks to be a buckling sleeves TrackPoint keyboard (possibly an adaptation of the Model M4-1 or M6-1).

253083-0
253085-1
253087-2

Anyway, my initial impressions are somewhat pleasantly surprised. I think it's got a fairly nice expanded layout, it's very rigid, and the legends have held up well over the years. Whatever domes this thing employs are okay all things considered - decent tactility, not much mush. Nothing exceptional though.

Offline tristannw

Re: IBM Numeric Keypad P/N 69H8533
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 13 October 2020, 05:51:58 »
(Re)introducing the P/N 69H8533... and that's all I know about this. Not even a name.

I picked up this numeric keypad from Yahoo! Japan Auction for a very decent price out of curiosity, a purchase made very much in the dark. I'm hoping someone here much more familiar with Japanese IBM gear can tell me more about this thing. My preliminary search found not much other than this could have possibly sidecar'd the IBM 5535-ZAD, a large ThinkPad-looking thing that had what looks to be a buckling sleeves TrackPoint keyboard (possibly an adaptation of the Model M4-1 or M6-1).

(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)

Anyway, my initial impressions are somewhat pleasantly surprised. I think it's got a fairly nice expanded layout, it's very rigid, and the legends have held up well over the years. Whatever domes this thing employs are okay all things considered - decent tactility, not much mush. Nothing exceptional though.

I've seen IBM's other numeric keypads, but this is the first time I've seen this. I searched on the internet but could not find much information about it. Usually Japanese sites come out, not a product sold in the USA. I would be very happy if those who have the information share it with us.

I really like the 00 and 000 keys  :D
« Last Edit: Tue, 13 October 2020, 05:54:10 by tristannw »