Author Topic: Found this guy at work today....  (Read 2442 times)

Offline Reptile

Found this guy at work today....
« on: Thu, 24 February 2011, 22:41:52 »

Couldnt find too much info on these I know some with same model have different switches?

Anyone got some knowledge?

By the way been browsing around here a lot trying to learn and didnt have much reason to register till this :-)
Home:Realforce 87UB 55g
Work:Leopold FC700R Ergo Clears

Offline keyb_gr

• Cherrified user
    • My keyboard page (German)
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 25 February 2011, 08:45:25 »
That's a rubber dome NMB. They're supposed to be very good for rubber domes. Apparently used for normal office work in this case.

A spacer invaders RT101+ would look quite different, like this or this.
Hardware in signatures clutters Google search results. There should be a field in the profile for that (again).

This message was probably typed on a vintage G80-3000 with blues. Double-shots, baby. :D

Offline Mr. Perfect

« Reply #2 on: Fri, 25 February 2011, 15:18:43 »
I found switches like that in an older Logitech. They really are a step above regular rubber domes. No key wobble for starters.

I don't suppose they're even in boards these days, though, are they?
Mr. Perfect - A name fraught with peril.

G80-8113HRBUS MX Clears, FC200R MX Clears, RK-9000v2 MX Blues.

Offline 8_INCH_FLOPPY

« Reply #3 on: Fri, 25 February 2011, 20:43:21 »
I have to boards with those.  They are very nice rubber domes.
Notable Switches I have tried:
black cherry, blue cherry, brown cherry, clear cherry, cherry M84, white alps, black alps, cream alps, Monterey blue alps, Fujitsu Peerless, Gateway2000 rubber dome, Keytronic rubber dome, Model M buckling spring, Model F buckling spring, futaba, black space invader

================================================
HAPPY HUNTING
================================================

Offline ynih

« Reply #4 on: Fri, 25 February 2011, 20:48:24 »
Welcome to Geek Hack!
Keyboards: (2) FKBN87MC/EB | (2) FKBN87M/EB | (1) FKBN87ML/EB | (1) FKBN87Z/EB | (1) FKBN104M/AI | (1) FKBN104MC/AI | (1) FKB104M/EB | (1) RK-9000 | (1) RF 86U SE05C0 all 45g modded | (1) HHKB 2 Pro PD-KB400W

Offline bytemeavaj

« Reply #5 on: Fri, 25 February 2011, 21:02:23 »
Uhhh I think you should clean it before you use it LOL
I\'m a tool.

Offline Surly73

« Reply #6 on: Sat, 26 February 2011, 18:09:05 »
I have a board with those switches too.  Mine is an NEC RT6555T.  The label itself is even a dead ringer for the one posted here except for different model# and the inclusion of "NEC Technologies Inc." on the bottom.

Mine is ANSI layout, though, with wide BS and ENTER.  Under the keycaps looks identical to this post.  Following on with my first thread here ("help me narrow") over the years I have observed strong preferences for some keyboards over others without a clear understanding of why nor a drive to identify switch types, buckling domes etc...

This keyboard is on the list of ones I had a positive experience with around 15 years ago and managed to snag one for my "collection".  It's been attached to a non-graphics server for a couple of years.  Over the last couple of weeks I've found that others I enjoyed over the years also earned some respect here - interesting to see.

Google knows very little about this board - I'll be interested to see what, if anything, else comes up in this thread.
« Last Edit: Sat, 26 February 2011, 18:13:33 by Surly73 »