Author Topic: [GB] GMK Yugo | Completed  (Read 183375 times)

Offline lakeboredom

Re: [GB] GMK Yugo | LIVE until December 18th
« Reply #50 on: Mon, 09 December 2019, 18:16:05 »
Can the Shift icons be center aligned please?

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #51 on: Mon, 09 December 2019, 18:55:06 »
Can the Shift icons be center aligned please?

It's a bit late to be asking for changes. Only 9 days left in the group buy.
TGR-Jane CE | TGR-Tris CE | Lyn Montage | LZ PhysiX | Exclusive e8.5

Offline lakeboredom

« Reply #52 on: Mon, 09 December 2019, 18:58:05 »
I mean.. the caps aren't made yet. Is that a preference thing or simply render alignment someone overlooked?

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Offline dwarflemur

« Reply #53 on: Mon, 09 December 2019, 18:59:17 »
Center aligned for shift would look silly lol
Camp C225 | Norbatouch | ALF X2 + X3 | Orange TKL | CA66 | Leaf 60 | a bunch of others

Offline jakereps

« Reply #54 on: Mon, 09 December 2019, 19:42:34 »
I mean.. the caps aren't made yet. Is that a preference thing or simply render alignment someone overlooked?

GMK Icon mods are not center aligned by default, all legends are top-left aligned. Are you only asking for shift to be center aligned, but leave caps icon top left?

Offline lakeboredom

« Reply #55 on: Mon, 09 December 2019, 19:45:09 »
No, clearly that would need center aligning too. Mixed alignment icon mods look meh is all I'm saying.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Offline msting

• Don't Panic!
« Reply #56 on: Mon, 09 December 2019, 20:27:05 »
Just joined! 45 - Zastava - Capitalism.  :)

Hopefully Kono will buy it out to make MOQ.
I'm disappointed they didn't market this better.

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
« Reply #57 on: Tue, 10 December 2019, 10:58:01 »

More
<-- history to date
« Last Edit: Mon, 16 December 2019, 12:41:47 by dvorcol »

Offline Emir

• icon mods
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Bandit
    • Discord
« Reply #58 on: Wed, 11 December 2019, 06:59:32 »
A week to go, looking dire. Not much else to say.

It's a shame, yugo was a risky move that tried to do something new and fresh on multiple fronts. The molds we looked to introduce would be a good addition to gmks library, too.

It's not over yet, though. :)

Offline dwarflemur

« Reply #59 on: Wed, 11 December 2019, 10:17:59 »
Yeah, those numbers are pretty sad, much worse sets have made it. It seems like December is a bad month for keysets imo
Camp C225 | Norbatouch | ALF X2 + X3 | Orange TKL | CA66 | Leaf 60 | a bunch of others

Offline Poesjuh

« Reply #60 on: Wed, 11 December 2019, 10:49:18 »
Yeah, those numbers are pretty sad, much worse sets have made it. It seems like December is a bad month for keysets imo
Olivia++ live in December. Over 1500 kits sold.

So yeah probably not the month, although it will certainly factor in one way or another. I think, based on nothing but a hunch, that the colorway is one reason and the unique kits is the second. Having to pay extra for correct ansi legends is perhaps another reason. Obviously have no way to prove anything, but to me it feels like iso haters always say “if iso is so important to you then speak with your wallet and buy iso kits”, and now ansi buyers also speak with their wallets and don’t buy the set at all.

Again, just a feeling, based on nothing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline sent-by-an-iPerson

[GB] GMK Yugo | LIVE until December 18th
« Reply #61 on: Wed, 11 December 2019, 15:12:32 »

So yeah probably not the month, although it will certainly factor in one way or another. I think, based on nothing but a hunch, that the colorway is one reason and the unique kits is the second. Having to pay extra for correct ansi legends is perhaps another reason. Obviously have no way to prove anything, but to me it feels like iso haters always say “if iso is so important to you then speak with your wallet and buy iso kits”, and now ansi buyers also speak with their wallets and don’t buy the set at all.

A lot of nice kits are getting creamed this month. I think it definitely has something to do with the holidays. There’s only so many $200-$300 keycap purchases a person can make in a short period of time without getting in financial and/or relationship trouble.

I love this set. Hopefully you’ll run it again if it fails or doesn’t get bought out by the retailers?

« Last Edit: Wed, 11 December 2019, 15:15:51 by sent-by-an-iPerson »

Offline d00deitsnik

• Grails: SA Olivia, 1800 w/ only Latriualum keycaps
« Reply #62 on: Wed, 11 December 2019, 15:44:27 »

A lot of nice kits are getting creamed this month. I think it definitely has something to do with the holidays. There’s only so many $200-$300 keycap purchases a person can make in a short period of time without getting in financial and/or relationship trouble.

I love this set. Hopefully you’ll run it again if it fails or doesn’t get bought out by the retailers?

There are a lot of great GBs happening this month in general. It makes buying everything we might want super difficult since everything is running at the same time. If this was offered at a later date, I definitely would've bought into it. Good luck with the GB!

Offline DukeEsquire

« Reply #63 on: Wed, 11 December 2019, 17:02:44 »
I don't know why people use Kono Store.

They are running like 4 GMK GBs at the exact same time and none of them are going to make MOQ.

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #64 on: Wed, 11 December 2019, 21:51:31 »
They are running like 4 GMK GBs at the exact same time and none of them are going to make MOQ.

Except this one is.

Offline FearsomeCubedWarrior

•  Post Reporting Timeout
« Reply #65 on: Thu, 12 December 2019, 04:44:39 »
~
« Last Edit: Mon, 15 April 2024, 19:30:48 by FearsomeCubedWarrior »

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #66 on: Thu, 12 December 2019, 04:54:48 »
I really hope that the set reaches MoQ. However, due to its niche design, it seems too steep. Good luck.

Offline lakeboredom

« Reply #67 on: Thu, 12 December 2019, 23:26:22 »
Just got base and capitalism, please god Kono buy this set to moq.
and Spacebars. Dig deep people, this is an easy resell later.
« Last Edit: Fri, 13 December 2019, 03:05:11 by lakeboredom »

[GB] GMK Yugo | LIVE until December 18th
« Reply #68 on: Fri, 13 December 2019, 03:28:26 »
Just got base and capitalism, please god Kono buy this set to moq.
and Spacebars. Dig deep people, this is an easy resell later.

Bought a 2nd one, just to move the needle a notch.
« Last Edit: Fri, 13 December 2019, 03:43:31 by sent-by-an-iPerson »

Offline audiosl4ve

• Just slave
« Reply #69 on: Fri, 13 December 2019, 05:15:13 »
thank you all for support. There are still time but we need your help <3

Offline lakeboredom

« Reply #70 on: Sat, 14 December 2019, 01:11:19 »
You should make Yugo posts on /r/mechanicalkeyboards everyday for the next week.

Offline KRIQ

« Reply #71 on: Sat, 14 December 2019, 05:50:58 »
Hi,

I bought the base set, desk mat, USB-C cable and the artisan right now. These are my first keycaps and I hope they will be produced! I used to drive with my grandfather in his old yugo.

Have a nice day,
KRIQ

Offline rockydbull

« Reply #72 on: Sun, 15 December 2019, 06:35:43 »

I honestly really like the set but was told early this had to be gmk (despite IMO being easy to adapt to epbt). So i had to vote with my wallet and skip. I would love to see this come back as epbt with a couple of reverse dye sub keys.

Offline Rayndalf

« Reply #73 on: Sun, 15 December 2019, 08:35:03 »
PBT isn't bad, but epbt is kinda crap.

Remember that month little less than a year ago when only Jamon and Bento ran? Kono is running 'two months' worth of buys (at least 4, right? Umbra, Yugo, ASCII, Ursa and High Voltage) right now on top of Olivia++ and Nautilus Nightmares (more like Necro Nightmares with how washed out the new renders are) and Dixie has a PS1 set too. This month is stacked and next month isn't much better, but Kono is the real failurm here (running so many sets at the same time when MechmarketFlip++ and holiday expenses are what they are)

Offline farmisen

« Reply #74 on: Sun, 15 December 2019, 08:39:04 »
Although i have little insight how it would have flipped the tables, i feel it was suicidal to not offer a western alpha base kit and offer the yugo layout alpha additions in a subkit that could have been may be more easily bought out by the GB runners.

At this point i guess it's up for the people who have already pitched in to get a few more kits if they really want this GB to succeed.

In for 3x base kit + 3x capitalism and 1x artisan.

(Edited spacing)
Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: Sun, 15 December 2019, 10:33:58 by farmisen »

Offline farmisen

« Reply #75 on: Sun, 15 December 2019, 08:44:30 »
@emir a few posters have been really critical, may be for a good reasons, of kono but i'd love to see the numbers breakdown by regions and see if the eu number are way higher - as they should anyway be - than the rest of the world   

Offline Fredington

• Instagram
« Reply #76 on: Sun, 15 December 2019, 09:32:50 »
Bought 45 and Capitalism.

Offline msting

• Don't Panic!
« Reply #77 on: Sun, 15 December 2019, 09:38:43 »
I want to share my reasons for buying this. First of all, it is so unique! This is so different from the GMK 'norm'. Every GMK set is largely the same, just with different colors, and this set bucks that trend. Even so, the colors go brilliantly with their theme and are so good looking. But the legends and layouts are entirely the point of this set. I haven't seen another set with a YU layout. Every other set says "Here's your perfectly suited base kit America!" EU and UK users almost always have to buy the addons to fill their layouts. This time around I don't mind dropping $30 on the brilliantly named "Capitalism kit", though I'll probably keep the base keys on or use the Zastava addon, because well, it's too damn cool - "...first ever non-Russian Cyrillic kit". And the interest check was fantastic, period! These guys really nailed it. Yes they took a chance with a base kit for the Balkans, but respect! I live in Chicago, Illinois btw.
Oh, and the desk mat is awesome! :eek:

I have no doubt this set would have done really well about 3 months ago or maybe 3 months from now, and also with a different vendor. (Still hope Kono buys this out PLEASE!).

Offline FearsomeCubedWarrior

•  Post Reporting Timeout
« Reply #78 on: Sun, 15 December 2019, 10:24:33 »
~
« Last Edit: Mon, 15 April 2024, 19:31:06 by FearsomeCubedWarrior »

Offline piit79

« Reply #79 on: Sun, 15 December 2019, 12:57:48 »

It’s OT, but I beg to differ. My only ePBT set is Extended 2048 and I was really surprised by the quality which is absolutely on par with GMK (not trying to exaggerate; couldn't find anything wrong with my set). Razor sharp legends and a silky smooth texture that will not shine up within a month.

Don't get me wrong, I love my GMK sets, but at this point I would really like another ePBT one instead.

Offline spakecdk

• Browns are best
« Reply #80 on: Sun, 15 December 2019, 14:11:53 »
The problem with ePBT is the gap, since they don't use the same sized mould as GMK, which I personally think looks rather bad. I much prefer ABS as well. The next best thing is CRP imo.

Offline rockydbull

« Reply #81 on: Sun, 15 December 2019, 14:52:43 »

It’s OT, but I beg to differ. My only ePBT set is Extended 2048 and I was really surprised by the quality which is absolutely on par with GMK (not trying to exaggerate; couldn't find anything wrong with my set). Razor sharp legends and a silky smooth texture that will not shine up within a month.

Don't get me wrong, I love my GMK sets, but at this point I would really like another ePBT one instead.

I feel the same. Epbt 2048 looks great and the price is right. Someone else mentioned gap and I guess there is a difference but i personally would trade that for pbt

Offline Rayndalf

« Reply #82 on: Sun, 15 December 2019, 15:03:33 »

I guess I'll phrase it differently. ePBT's dyesub is good (ePBT slate is at least), but their blanks are the worst available in the Cherry profile (same small keys and scoop+bar crap as the worst sets on KBDfans). CRP is nice, but the color is odd and they're bad at communicating. I really hope Mito's Mythos of Cherry dyesubs is good and available in more colors.

Offline piit79

« Reply #83 on: Sun, 15 December 2019, 15:13:17 »
I guess I'll phrase it differently. ePBT's dyesub is good (ePBT slate is at least), but their blanks are the worst available in the Cherry profile (same small keys and scoop+bar crap as the worst sets on KBDfans).

You mean the shape of their version of the Cherry profile? I can't say I had any qualms with it, haven't even noticed any difference (after having used GMK sets for months). Maybe I didn't pay enough attention, or my expectations differ to yours :)

And I actually really enjoyed the scoop+bar homing keys - but I understand that's a matter of preference :)

Offline Rayndalf

« Reply #84 on: Sun, 15 December 2019, 16:11:07 »
I guess I'll phrase it differently. ePBT's dyesub is good (ePBT slate is at least), but their blanks are the worst available in the Cherry profile (same small keys and scoop+bar crap as the worst sets on KBDfans).

You mean the shape of their version of the Cherry profile? I can't say I had any qualms with it, haven't even noticed any difference (after having used GMK sets for months). Maybe I didn't pay enough attention, or my expectations differ to yours :)

And I actually really enjoyed the scoop+bar homing keys - but I understand that's a matter of preference :)

I just meant that in general their keys are like someone forgot PBT shrinks after molding (their tooling was probably made for ABS, or modeled after existing keys... it might look a little sloppy, but feels fine.

I'm glad someone likes barred + scooped. I don't hate them, but I prefer just scooped.

The fact that unbranded dyesub sets on KBDFans use the same blanks is a little sad because one only costs $19 (for the red/yellow or yellow/red set) despite having comparable QC.

I hope they continue to retool or find a new source for blanks because thats the only reason people are using KAT (other than better MOQ and more key sizes... as far as I know the dyesubbing on both are excellent)

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #85 on: Sun, 15 December 2019, 17:28:38 »
The recent posts are out of topic. However, I should add my experience with ePBT for some balance. It is true that ePBT skirt is a bit shorter than Cherry's. Beyond that, spacing is OK, space bars are not warp, at least those that I got from Kbdfans. And the beige matches GMK's. Legends are as near as dyed sub can be to double shot. In summary a good cheap alternative to Cherry DS.

Back in topic, I should say one more time, that I regret my hobbies' budget is totally empty, so I cannot support Yugo. It is a nice idea that I hope it becomes a reality.

Offline Emir

• icon mods
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Bandit
    • Discord
« Reply #86 on: Mon, 16 December 2019, 07:06:53 »
@emir a few posters have been really critical, may be for a good reasons, of kono but i'd love to see the numbers breakdown by regions and see if the eu number are way higher - as they should anyway be - than the rest of the world   

The US about triples the EU numbers. Asia doubles it.

To everyone:
Thank you for showing enthusiasm and support right up until the finish line! I will sync a numbers update to see where we are at. Should end this wednesday, we will see what the situation is like and make a decision collectively.
Luv yall!

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #87 on: Mon, 16 December 2019, 08:21:09 »
Will be buying 2 more base kits later on today but I'm fully confident in the set being bought out by vendors (even with Kono being one of them) if it comes to it - to me it's clearly a set that will be very well received and will always find niche buyers looking to purchase it down the line as more people either become aware of it or garner the funds to acquire it. Would be a huge missed opportunity and I'm sure they're aware of that.

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
« Reply #88 on: Mon, 16 December 2019, 12:40:47 »

More
<-- history to date
« Last Edit: Thu, 19 December 2019, 10:48:36 by dvorcol »

« Reply #89 on: Mon, 16 December 2019, 12:46:54 »
Show Image

Show Image

Aw, man!

Offline Emir

• icon mods
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Bandit
    • Discord
« Reply #90 on: Mon, 16 December 2019, 14:19:25 »
Shout out to all the troopers buying multiple kits, wow!

It's not dead - buy it as if it's going to get made and I'll do what I can behind the scenes.

Offline nasp

• * Vendor
« Reply #91 on: Mon, 16 December 2019, 15:13:19 »
Could always do what GMK Lime did and ask for assistance from another US Vendor.

Offline audiosl4ve

• Just slave
« Reply #92 on: Tue, 17 December 2019, 03:38:38 »
Last 2 days to hit the road with Yugo   ;)

Offline Allons-y

« Reply #93 on: Tue, 17 December 2019, 19:59:26 »
I hope all of the kits get made!  I bought one of each.  Would buy more if I could right now.  Such a great, unique set!

Offline Tonkatonk

« Reply #94 on: Tue, 17 December 2019, 20:24:10 »
I hope all of the kits get made!  I bought one of each.  Would buy more if I could right now.  Such a great, unique set!

Why make an alt for this post? :blank:

Noxary PC268.2 | Red Nunu | Purple PC Nunu | Ogre | Vulcan Pro

Offline Emir

• icon mods
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Bandit
    • Discord
« Reply #95 on: Wed, 18 December 2019, 07:18:08 »
Final day ladies and gents! Let's make it count! ;)

Offline mountainblocks

• mountainblocks.com
« Reply #96 on: Wed, 18 December 2019, 10:27:38 »
I've been hyped for this one since the beginning. It's a shame to see this set struggling but hopefully we can make it happen today!

Offline Slash Emperor

• Lust for life lost, keyboards acquired.
« Reply #97 on: Wed, 18 December 2019, 14:24:16 »
Picked up a few base kits and some child kits to try to help push this through, let's go!

Offline Carcha

« Reply #98 on: Wed, 18 December 2019, 14:54:43 »
Joined the first day, bought another base kit on the last day.

This needs to happen ok?

Offline Emir

• icon mods
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Bandit
    • Discord
« Reply #99 on: Wed, 18 December 2019, 15:38:55 »
Thank you so much everyone! The support has been tremendous across discords servers and here in the thread now that we're closing in towards the end of the buy!

Love you all!