Author Topic: [IC] Out of the Vault - Series III: Lucky 38 and Vault 111 (GB has begun!)  (Read 54605 times)

Offline iamtootallforthis

• Something a lot Funnier
  • * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
A few of the mockups aren't showing for me.

Offline 00zeRO

• mechanicalkeyboards.com
  • * Commercial Vendor
  • The 00verseer of Vault 77
    • Mechanical Keyboards

They are not up, just place setters atm...
Daily Driver: Typist A w/Midnight Dawn | Kailh BOX Clicks

Junktown 2: Now on eBay!

Offline iamtootallforthis

• Something a lot Funnier
  • * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread

They are not up, just place setters atm...

That explains it. Thanks!

Offline 00zeRO

• * Commercial Vendor
    • Mechanical Keyboards
Some mockups added...not in stone. Blank spaces are only place holders

Offline 00zeRO

• * Commercial Vendor
    • Mechanical Keyboards
Some mockups added...not in stone. Blank spaces are only place holders
a few place holders added

Offline aznairjordan

• * Destiny Supporter
ooh looks so pretty. I'm down to pick up a set of each!
TGR Jane CE|FC660C|Orion V2
GMK Hyperfuse|GMK Olivetti|GMK Red Alert|Soulfree's Teal|GMK Cyan

Offline Data

:)) The six pack is a really cool idea.

Offline 00zeRO

• * Commercial Vendor
    • Mechanical Keyboards
Definitely planning to do a Nuclear Data Green and Orange Vault 111 keycaps as well. I am concerned of the cost for all the different colors, however.

Offline Oobly

• * Esteemed Elder
Um... could you please explain the reason for using Row 3 with colourways from Row 1 sets (SA Retro, Jukebox, Carbon) and not putting those in the Row 1 kit?

What's the point of a Row 3 cap in a Row 1 colourway?
Buying more keycaps,
it really hacks my wallet,
but I must have them.

Offline 00zeRO

• * Commercial Vendor
    • Mechanical Keyboards
Um... could you please explain the reason for using Row 3 with colourways from Row 1 sets (SA Retro, Jukebox, Carbon) and not putting those in the Row 1 kit?

What's the point of a Row 3 cap in a Row 1 colourway?
These keycaps are meant to be novelties for other profiles as well. Row 3 is about the same height as Esc/F Row OEM profile. I am trying to bring the colors of the sets to others. But...maybe its a silly idea, and I should have a mega set for Row 1 for the reason you mention...

Offline Data

Maybe we should talk about where people are most likely to use them on the board?

Offline 00zeRO

• * Commercial Vendor
    • Mechanical Keyboards
Maybe we should talk about where people are most likely to use them on the board?

Good point, Data. It seems that all the SA Row 3-only excitement is gone. I still need to see exactly how much my ideas are going to cost per deal with PMK.

If anyone has ideas to share, now is that time... :D

Offline Data

There are still Row 3 sets out there.  Still rocking Nuclear Data on my 'Dox and 1976 isn't very old either.  If I can ever get Danger Zone off the ground with PMK we might add another to that distinguised list.  :D

It probably makes sense to keep your original blue & gold "Vault" caps in Row 3 and if you have a base colorway for Nuka Cola (I'm assuming it's white on red) maybe let that one stay in R3 too.  The rest?  Match the profile with the colorway.  I think these 1u caps are most likely to wind up in the top 2 rows of the keyboard for 99% of users -- preference definitely toward the function row.  So if you're matching colors with an existing set you might as well match the row profile from that set too.

Do you have a "base" colorway for the Lucky 38 legend?  I think the white on black might be a solid choice if you don't already have one in mind.  It's very "Vegas" looking -- reminds me of a poker chip.

Here's what I'm imagining in the lineup:
Vault Dweller Pack (parent deal) - Row 3 "Vault" caps & original red Nuka Cola & NEW Lucky 38
Ascended Vault Dweller (child) - Row 1 "Vault" caps & original red Nuka Cola & NEW Lucky 38
Lucky 38 (child) - NEW Lucky 38 caps to match various popular sets, both color and row profile
Nuka Cola Six Pack (child) - Row 3 Nuka Cola variety pack
Irradiated Travels (child) - Row 3 PC/GID "Vault" caps & others

Does that make sense?
« Last Edit: Wed, 22 July 2015, 09:43:09 by Data »

Offline 00zeRO

• * Commercial Vendor
    • Mechanical Keyboards
There are still Row 3 sets out there.  Still rocking Nuclear Data on my 'Dox and 1976 isn't very old either.  If I can ever get Danger Zone off the ground with PMK we might add another to that distinguised list.  :D

It probably makes sense to keep your original blue & gold "Vault" caps in Row 3 and if you have a base colorway for Nuka Cola (I'm assuming it's white on red) maybe let that one stay in R3 too.  The rest?  Match the profile with the colorway.  I think these 1u caps are most likely to wind up in the top 2 rows of the keyboard for 99% of users -- preference definitely toward the function row.  So if you're matching colors with an existing set you might as well match the row profile from that set too.

Do you have a "base" colorway for the Lucky 38 legend?  I think the white on black might be a solid choice if you don't already have one in mind.  It's very "Vegas" looking -- reminds me of a poker chip.
Show Image

Vault Dweller Pack (parent deal) - Row 3 "Vault" caps & original red Nuka Cola & NEW Lucky 38
Ascended Vault Dweller (child) - Row 1 "Vault" caps & original red Nuka Cola & NEW Lucky 38
Lucky 38 (child) - NEW Lucky 38 caps to match various popular sets, both color and row profile

Does that make sense?

Did you see the new mockups? Already covering a 4 key set featuring Vegas styles colors for Lucky 38.

Thanks for the suggestions, I shall ponder on them, kind sir.

Offline Data

Show Image

Does that make sense?

Did you see the new mockups? Already covering a 4 key set featuring Vegas styles colors for Lucky 38.

Yeah, I used them for reference.   ;D

If you have just one colorway as the "default" for Lucky 38, like you do for Nuka Cola, it will help you keep things organized.  Then you can expand on that for Junktown in as many directions as you want.  I guess white-on-green might be your default, but I wasn't sure if you were just using a Nuclear Data placeholder for that key.

Offline 00zeRO

• * Commercial Vendor
    • Mechanical Keyboards

Show Image

Does that make sense?

If you have just one colorway as the "default" for Lucky 38, like you do for Nuka Cola, it will help you keep things organized.  Then you can expand on that for Junktown in as many directions as you want.  I guess white-on-green might be your default, but I wasn't sure if you were just using a Nuclear Data placeholder for that key.

Absolutely correct. Nuclear Data Green and White is going to be the base colorway for the Lucky 38. I don't plan on doing much with that legend beyond just the additional 3 Vegas style colorways.

Offline 00zeRO

• * Commercial Vendor
    • Mechanical Keyboards

Show Image

Does that make sense?

Absolutely correct. Nuclear Data Green and White is going to be the base colorway for the Lucky 38. I don't plan on doing much with that legend beyond just the additional 3 Vegas style colorways.

Furthermore, I don't have the mockups yet, but I am considering Nuclear Data Green and Orange, and Rad Hard Yellow/Black for the Vault 111 in Row 3. Then I will push the other colorway possibilities to the Row 1 deal, where I will likely only go by request. I believe that the more color variation, the more expensive the entire set will be regardless of separate child deal pricing. I am beginning to think I have been dreaming a little too big on this, but I will consult with Melissa at SP regarding pricing before laying down concrete plans for the set as a whole.

Offline 00zeRO

• * Commercial Vendor
    • Mechanical Keyboards
Updated mockups to reflect current thought stream...

Offline Data

Totes amazeballs.

Offline nathanrosspowell

• * Destiny Supporter
    • nathanrosspowell.com

They look great! Love the color ways in the mock ups. LOVE the Retro keys in Row1.

The Hack'd By Geeks set has a Row3 top row, so I'm not sure if it fits best into the Row1 set.

Keep up the hard work, zero. I will be buying a couple of each set  :thumb:

Offline 00zeRO

• * Commercial Vendor
    • Mechanical Keyboards

They look great! Love the color ways in the mock ups. LOVE the Retro keys in Row1.

The Hack'd By Geeks set has a Row3 top row, so I'm not sure if it fits best into the Row1 set.

Keep up the hard work, zero. I will be buying a couple of each set  :thumb:

Ok, thanks for the input. I didn't know what Rows were what in that H by G set. Everything is still pretty fluid in the planning stage.

Offline Oobly

• * Esteemed Elder
Sorry to throw the cat among the pigeons like that...

They look amazing as they are right now, I'd buy them all!

The only change I'd make (for my own uses) would be to add the orange and grey caps to the Row 3 set AS WELL as the Row 1 set so I can use one set with Carbon and one with Hack'd by Geeks. Hack'd has Row 3 top row with Row 1 2nd row. On a full size or TKL, novelties would be used predominantly alongside Row 3 caps (F key row), but sometimes on the top row of the edit cluster (Row 1) and on 60% boards, they would be used on Row 1, such as Esc.

The black and white caps and orange and grey caps are simply beautiful. I also love the sixpack. Actually I love them all now... and my wallet is ready.

I think it's time for me to change my signature to point people to this thread :)
Buying more keycaps,
but I must have them.

Offline Alex92

This is much better! I'm glad the set-matching keys are now row 1  :)

Offline Xenocidal

• Professional Lurker
Liking this selection, yowza. I am still in for all packs!

Offline THSdrummer

• HKP hunter. Need moar.
I absolutely love it. I joined after lurking for a while just to say I want a full set. Maybe introduce a "family" pack with one of each key...? If the prices were in line with the first Vault keys, I'd probably buy two sets.

I also enjoy the Jukebox key cap set. A lot. Not sure I'd combine it with any of the vault caps, but I'd really enjoy having the Jukebox set.

Leopold FC660m  CM Stealth TKL

WTB: ^^ (O-Zone Bro V2), Drunk Skull, Oktoberfest, Laser/Poison/Woodland HKPs, G1 HKP Gas Masks
MY CLASSIFIEDS THREAD

Offline 00zeRO

• * Commercial Vendor
    • Mechanical Keyboards
I absolutely love it. I joined after lurking for a while just to say I want a full set. Maybe introduce a "family" pack with one of each key...? If the prices were in line with the first Vault keys, I'd probably buy two sets.

I also enjoy the Jukebox key cap set. A lot. Not sure I'd combine it with any of the vault caps, but I'd really enjoy having the Jukebox set.
Thanks. The currently mocked up sets are close to what the end result will be for the PMK group buy.

Offline iceman1925

Nice, I can't wait
Rapid-I||Ducky Mini||'87 Model M SSK||Goldtouch 0077
reddit.com/u/iceman1925

Offline Data

Zero, any chance that you'll do one in R3 for 1976?

Offline 00zeRO

• * Commercial Vendor
    • Mechanical Keyboards

Legend and color preference recommendation please?

Offline Data

Hmm...  I had to refer back to Engicoder's Add-on Thread to see what he had in mind for additional kits.  Maybe Lucky 38 or any of the Vaults in green (VBV) with brown (TGH) legends?

Offline 00zeRO

• * Commercial Vendor
    • Mechanical Keyboards

Hmm...  I had to refer back to Engicoder's Add-on Thread to see what he had in mind for additional kits.  Maybe Lucky 38 or any of the Vaults in green (VBV) with brown (TGH) legends?

Got you covered...check the new Vault 111 key. Should I do the other vaults too?

Offline Jhonan

• Chicks love duck pics...
time for nothing but vaults and colas for my board lol

Offline Data

Got you covered...check the new Vault 111 key. Should I do the other vaults too?

Looks good.  One is probably enough, I would think.

Offline Bakgrund

I'd definitely buy a SA Row 3 Nuka Cola Six Pack, and the parent deal of course, mostly because that mint-green keycap. Gotta say that the orange and green color in Child deal 3 look stuning.

So all in all I would definitely spend some money on this. And when it comes down to child deals, I just want to avoid paying duplicate shipping. If it means that I have to buy a parent set too, so be it.
Quickfire Rapid    Quickfire Rapid
Mx Browns          Mx Reds
Ducky thick PBT   Stock caps

Offline 00zeRO

• * Commercial Vendor
    • Mechanical Keyboards
I'd definitely buy a SA Row 3 Nuka Cola Six Pack, and the parent deal of course, mostly because that mint-green keycap. Gotta say that the orange and green color in Child deal 3 look stuning.

So all in all I would definitely spend some money on this. And when it comes down to child deals, I just want to avoid paying duplicate shipping. If it means that I have to buy a parent set too, so be it.

Hard part will be to make them inexpensive...I may have to be chop chopping some keys away...I don't want to, but they be not cheap unless we get maximum participation on this one.

Offline dndlmx

I'd definitely buy a SA Row 3 Nuka Cola Six Pack, and the parent deal of course, mostly because that mint-green keycap.

I like but rather have a mint Nuka Cola.   :)

Offline 00zeRO

• * Commercial Vendor
    • Mechanical Keyboards
I'd definitely buy a SA Row 3 Nuka Cola Six Pack, and the parent deal of course, mostly because that mint-green keycap.

I will see what I can do on this...

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
I'm interested, I've been trying to get fallout novelty keys for the longest time now.
TGR-Jane CE | TGR-Tris CE | Lyn Montage | LZ PhysiX | Exclusive e8.5

Offline 00zeRO

• * Commercial Vendor
    • Mechanical Keyboards
I'm interested, I've been trying to get fallout novelty keys for the longest time now.

Thanks for your support...all we are waiting on is for PMK to come back up...

Offline THSdrummer

• HKP hunter. Need moar.

Ohhh, yes! Yes!  :thumb:

Leopold FC660m  CM Stealth TKL

WTB: ^^ (O-Zone Bro V2), Drunk Skull, Oktoberfest, Laser/Poison/Woodland HKPs, G1 HKP Gas Masks
MY CLASSIFIEDS THREAD

Offline Xenocidal

• Professional Lurker

Have you considered running it through MassDrop? I know they are a bit of a dirty word around here, but could really increase the potential volume of buys.

Offline 00zeRO

• * Commercial Vendor
    • Mechanical Keyboards

Have you considered running it through MassDrop? I know they are a bit of a dirty word around here, but could really increase the potential volume of buys.

I would run the GB myself before I do that. I don't want any notion of impropriety since my name is associated with Mechanical Keyboards. I believe it would be a grave conflict of interest.

Offline Xenocidal

• Professional Lurker

I would run the GB myself before I do that. I don't want any notion of impropriety since my name is associated with Mechanical Keyboards. I believe it would be a grave conflict of interest.

Hahaha, whoops. Let's just attribute that to me wanting these now, and having no clue when PMK is going to relaunch.

Offline 00zeRO

• * Commercial Vendor
    • Mechanical Keyboards

Hahaha, whoops. Let's just attribute that to me wanting these now, and having no clue when PMK is going to relaunch.

No worries. Thought that was the case. I am actually thinking of creating another account on here just so I can show divestment from MK when I go solo with my own projects apart and separate from the company. Trouble is that I will need to get the post count up on the other account in order to do GB's, lol

Offline 00zeRO

• * Commercial Vendor
    • Mechanical Keyboards

Ohhh, yes! Yes!  :thumb:

Check the OP. I have a mockup now...

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Gentlemen, a bobsled is a simple thing.
    • KeyChatter
No worries. Thought that was the case. I am actually thinking of creating another account on here just so I can show divestment from MK when I go solo with my own projects apart and separate from the company. Trouble is that I will need to get the post count up on the other account in order to do GB's, lol

Just PM users that know you and find someone to "sponsor it" and help out  :thumb:
<- My Collection (so far)

Offline 00zeRO

• * Commercial Vendor
    • Mechanical Keyboards

Just PM users that know you and find someone to "sponsor it" and help out  :thumb:

Good idea

Offline iceman1925

I'll help lol
Rapid-I||Ducky Mini||'87 Model M SSK||Goldtouch 0077
reddit.com/u/iceman1925

Offline Oobly

• * Esteemed Elder
Which set is the Green Row 1 NukaCola for? The only set I recall in green recently is Nuclear Data, but that's all Row 3.

maybe something that can match the rumored penumbra set?

For this, I'd use GTL on BED for a Row 1 NukaCola or Vault to match the second ESC and GeekHack keys from the original set, but in Row 1 like the new version will be. Another option is RR on BED to match the normal ESC, but GTL matches more positions on TKL boards.
Buying more keycaps,
but I must have them.

Offline 00zeRO

• * Commercial Vendor
    • Mechanical Keyboards
Which set is the Green Row 1 NukaCola for? The only set I recall in green recently is Nuclear Data, but that's...
The Lime Green Nuka Cola is for SA Retro