Author Topic: [IC] Out of the Vault - Series III: Lucky 38 and Vault 111 (GB has begun!)  (Read 54604 times)

Offline pexon

• * Maker
  • El Jefe of Sleeving
    • Pexon PCs
I'm in for the 111 caps! Don't really have much of an interest for the Lucky 38 caps though. Nuka Cola and VaultTec/ Vault Boy caps would be a must buy too  :thumb:

Offline Xenocidal

• Professional Lurker
Yeah, I'd rather have Nuka Cola in the colorways, or a variety.

Offline 00zeRO

• mechanicalkeyboards.com
  • * Commercial Vendor
  • The 00verseer of Vault 77
    • Mechanical Keyboards
I'm in for the 111 caps! Don't really have much of an interest for the Lucky 38 caps though. Nuka Cola and VaultTec/ Vault Boy caps would be a must buy too  :thumb:

Lucky 38 will be primarily in Nuclear Data Green/White.
Daily Driver: Typist A w/Midnight Dawn | Kailh BOX Clicks

Junktown 2: Now on eBay!

Offline SL89

This looks awesome. Small sets tend to get done fairly fast. So they will most likely be done before the game drops.

Offline 00zeRO

• * Commercial Vendor
    • Mechanical Keyboards
This looks awesome. Small sets tend to get done fairly fast. So they will most likely be done before the game drops.

What is the current date for FO4 to drop...?

Offline SL89

November 10th 2015

Offline 1o57

• %10000100001
Interested.

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Gentlemen, a bobsled is a simple thing.
    • KeyChatter
I SOOOOOO love the way this is heading  :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

I will buy multiples of every set!
<- My Collection (so far)

Offline just66in

Looking very good  :thumb: Interested.

Offline harlw

Take my money!
Ergodox (x2), V.EA Clone, Tada68, Atreus XL, Planck, Model M 70% Mod

Offline 00zeRO

• * Commercial Vendor
    • Mechanical Keyboards
I think that the 4 keys included in the parent deal from last time were perfect, with my favorite being the transparent blue Nuka Cola key. A Vault 111 key definitely needs to be included in the parent deal this time around due to the upcoming game. I also think that the child deals are a good idea so that keycaps that match some current SA set colorways can also be made. I'm looking forward to seeing what ideas people come up with  :)
Would you like to see one big mega pack of keycaps instead of child deals?

Offline JaccoW

• Fire Typer!!
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Keyboard is Lava!
I think that the 4 keys included in the parent deal from last time were perfect, with my favorite being the transparent blue Nuka Cola key. A Vault 111 key definitely needs to be included in the parent deal this time around due to the upcoming game. I also think that the child deals are a good idea so that keycaps that match some current SA set colorways can also be made. I'm looking forward to seeing what ideas people come up with  :)
How many of each child deal was sold?

The transparent caps were nice but I would almost suggest speaking with SP about making it more UV-reactive.
|||Daily driver: Duck Orion TKL
|||My other keyboards :
More
|||The Original|Home|Work|Numpad|Play|Endgame|Keycaps
x
|Déck Legend Frost|Keycool 87 LE|Leopold FC660M|FC 210TP|Raptor K1 Gaming|Duck Orion TKL|My keycaps & sets
|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics

|||Want to know what Keycap stores there are? Check out my Keyboard Pearltree and my (FS/FT/WTB) thread

Offline 00zeRO

• * Commercial Vendor
    • Mechanical Keyboards

The transparent caps were nice but I would almost suggest speaking with SP about making it more UV-reactive.
I will give figures for the child deal kits in a little while. As for the glid keys (nice vid, by the way), I will likely have Blue PC and White Nuka Quantum cap this time in the main set, with a child deal featuring all current legends as Blue PC with GID.

With regard to reactiveness, SP has the one material available and would require major funding to explore other options

Offline Alex92

As someone who didn't get into your Series I or II runs, I would prefer that the parent deal be the 3 Vault keys, the 2 Nuka Cola keys, and the Lucky 38 key for a total of 6 keys. Then the child deals could be those keys in alternate colors. I think this would be the best way to do the parent/child deals, but there are certainly other ways to do so:

Parent Deal: 3 Vault keys, 2 Nuka Cola keys, and the Lucky 38 key - 6 keys
Child Deal 1: Vault 111 key, Lucky 38 key (for people who already have the Series II keys) - 2 keys
Remaining Child Deals: Parent Deal keys in alternate colors (perhaps just a Vault 111 key, a Nuka Cola key, and a Lucky 38 key) - 3 keys

Offline skycrimes

• * Destiny Supporter
the juke colors look awesome

Offline Oobly

• * Esteemed Elder
The mockups look amazing!

I want them all... I DEFINITELY want NukaCola for Jukebox, but a Row 3 cap will not look right in any position on that board. The top two rows are Row 1 and there's a big difference in height between an SA Row 1 and Row 3 cap.

Retro and Hack'd by Geeks have the same issue.

Please, just one (or 3) Row 1 NukaCola cap is all I'm asking for....

Actually I think all the novelties in colourways for Retro, Hack'd and Jukebox should be Row1, with blue/yellow vaults and red/white NukaCola in both Row 3 and Row 1. Nuclear Data and 1976 colours should remain Row 3.

Can you provide photos of a side-by-side comparison of these two row heights please?

Here ya go:

104169-0

104171-1

Sorry it took so long.

Anyway, I definitely want Row 1 caps. Row 3 just won't look or feel right on Hack'd, Retro, Jukebox or Carbon which all have Row 1 top two rows (the upcoming Penumbra Round 2 also).
« Last Edit: Wed, 24 June 2015, 22:04:38 by Oobly »
Buying more keycaps,
it really hacks my wallet,
but I must have them.

Offline simonyunhe

This looks cool!
KeyBs:|RS96-Brown|GS-87-White|DIYer60-Red|VA68M-Brown|GS-ALT71-Blue|IKBC-108-Black|
KeyCs:|SA Carbon R1+2|SA Camping|SA Amazing Chocolatier|SA Commando 88 Ghost|SA Hyperfuse|SA Penumbra|SA Doom|SA Creamy Orange|SA Ocean Dolch|SA Lotus*72|SA Trouble Minds R2|DSA Granite|GMK TA|GMK Soware|XDA Mailstone|GM Ember|

Offline SamFlynn

• Location: From inside the hive, behind your eyes, and off the grid...into the Black.
  • Type until there is no need...
    • Firefly Online Forum
I am definitely down for some of this action...
<Press Any Key>

Offline 00zeRO

• * Commercial Vendor
    • Mechanical Keyboards

I want them all... I DEFINITELY want NukaCola for Jukebox, but a Row 3 cap will not look right in any position on that board. The top two rows are Row 1 and there's a big difference in height between an SA Row 1 and Row 3 cap.

Actually I think all the novelties in colourways for Retro, Hack'd and Jukebox should be Row1, with blue/yellow vaults and red/white NukaCola in both Row 3 and Row 1. Nuclear Data and 1976 colours should remain Row 3.

Can you provide photos of a side-by-side comparison of these two row heights please?

Here ya go:

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

Sorry it took so long.

Anyway, I definitely want Row 1 caps. Row 3 just won't look or feel right on Hack'd, Retro, Jukebox or Carbon which all have Row 1 top two rows (the upcoming Penumbra Round 2 also).

So...should I offer a child deal for the base set in Row 1 for those who wish to have them?

The whole reason I want to continue with Row 3 is that they look great not only on Row 3-only sets, but look wonderful with other profiles like OEM Row 4 (F Row, Number Row, Esc, etc.)

Offline 00zeRO

• * Commercial Vendor
    • Mechanical Keyboards
Out of the Vault Series II Group Buy results (amount sold):

Parent Deal:                              254

Child Deal - Irradiated Vaults:      102
Child Deal - Rad Hard:                  42
Child Deal - Nuclear Data Orange:  50
Child Deal - Nuclear Data Green:    48

Offline 00zeRO

• * Commercial Vendor
    • Mechanical Keyboards
Edit to OP: final Lucky 38 legend added.

Piecing this buy together...bit by bit. So far, I am looking to do a Large Main Deal with lots of colorways, and then at least two Child Deals. One will feature all 5 Legends in Blue PC/GID for those who want them. Second child deal will feature Standard colors of the 5 in Row 1 for those who must have that top row slant.

So, unless noted, most keycaps will be Row 3 SA profile.

I hope to get some SA Retro mockups and ?Hacked by Geeks? up soon...

Offline Xenocidal

• Professional Lurker
Could the Row 1 or Row 3 decision be based on the key sets profile instead? I'd personally prefer the Jukebox caps in R1, but will take R3 if that can't happen due to peoples tastes/where they are putting the caps.

Offline pexon

• * Maker
  • El Jefe of Sleeving
    • Pexon PCs
Hack'd by geeks colour ways would work well IMO. The Nuka Cola caps are looking awesome, again no interest in the Lucky 38 caps, but if there was an option to buy them all, I would probably just do that.

Vault 111 cap mock up looks cool, the colours look great!

Offline Oobly

• * Esteemed Elder

Here ya go:

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

Sorry it took so long.

So...should I offer a child deal for the base set in Row 1 for those who wish to have them?

The whole reason I want to continue with Row 3 is that they look great not only on Row 3-only sets, but look wonderful with other profiles like OEM Row 4 (F Row, Number Row, Esc, etc.)

Colourways should match sets, IMHO, so Hack'd, Retro, Carbon, Jukebox coloured caps should be Row 1.

Most generics, 1976, Nuclear Data, etc (Vault 111, Lucky 38, ) should be Row 3.

Nuka Cola should be both as it fits so many sets.

For Vaults, I'd like a Row 1 option, but if that increases the cost too much or if there's not enough interest in Row 1 Vaults for a child deal to tip, then the selections above should suffice.

In terms of colours, I NEEED a White on Red Row 1 Nuka Cola. I really like the orange for Nuclear Data, the light blue for 1976 and all 3 colour combos for Jukebox, but particularly the red cap. In terms of what I'd most like to see in a set:

Nuka Cola - classic white on red in both Row 1 and Row 3. Orange on dark grey or the inverse for Hack'd and Carbon in Row 1.
Vaults - classic yellow on blue in Row 3.
Lucky 38 - not really interested in this one... sorry. But I think it should be offered in white on green and white on orange for Nuclear Data, brown on light blue for 1976. All Row 3. Then cream on brown for Retro, cream on red for Jukebox in Row 1. Those would be my colour choices for any other design, too, if there's one that comes to mind. Perhaps a "Pip-Boy" key? I'd prefer that to Lucky 38.

104362-0
« Last Edit: Fri, 03 July 2015, 03:41:08 by Oobly »
Buying more keycaps,
but I must have them.

Offline iceman1925

I'm down for this buy. All the mock ups look great. Would definitely want the pip boy cap
« Last Edit: Sat, 04 July 2015, 12:46:26 by iceman1925 »
Rapid-I||Ducky Mini||'87 Model M SSK||Goldtouch 0077
reddit.com/u/iceman1925

Offline nathanrosspowell

• * Destiny Supporter
    • nathanrosspowell.com
Ok, I will put forward the suggestion of the thumbs up  :thumb:
I think it is very representative of fallout, while it could still get more people interested who are not into the franchise  :thumb:
If someone would be so kind to make an actual nice mock up of this, then maybe people will like it  :thumb:

Classic

Hack'd by Geeks

Retro

Jukebox

Offline maxpegasus

• The search goes ever on and on...
Interested, big Fallout fan  :thumb:

Offline 00zeRO

• * Commercial Vendor
    • Mechanical Keyboards

Here ya go:

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

Sorry it took so long.

Colourways should match sets, IMHO, so Hack'd, Retro, Carbon, Jukebox coloured caps should be Row 1.

Most generics, 1976, Nuclear Data, etc (Vault 111, Lucky 38, ) should be Row 3.

Nuka Cola should be both as it fits so many sets.

For Vaults, I'd like a Row 1 option, but if that increases the cost too much or if there's not enough interest in Row 1 Vaults for a child deal to tip, then the selections above should suffice.

In terms of colours, I NEEED a White on Red Row 1 Nuka Cola. I really like the orange for Nuclear Data, the light blue for 1976 and all 3 colour combos for Jukebox, but particularly the red cap. In terms of what I'd most like to see in a set:

Nuka Cola - classic white on red in both Row 1 and Row 3. Orange on dark grey or the inverse for Hack'd and Carbon in Row 1.
Vaults - classic yellow on blue in Row 3.
Lucky 38 - not really interested in this one... sorry. But I think it should be offered in white on green and white on orange for Nuclear Data, brown on light blue for 1976. All Row 3. Then cream on brown for Retro, cream on red for Jukebox in Row 1. Those would be my colour choices for any other design, too, if there's one that comes to mind. Perhaps a "Pip-Boy" key? I'd prefer that to Lucky 38.

(Attachment Link)

Pip-Boy is an awesome idea! Definitely worth consideration. Especially since we have Lucky 38 naysayers. Plus, it would resonate with fans of the entire franchise of games...

Offline Data

For the record, I like the Lucky 38 legend a lot.

Offline 00zeRO

• * Commercial Vendor
    • Mechanical Keyboards
Duly noted: I'm with you. Pip-Boy may have to wait for Series IV?

Offline iceman1925

No, we want pip-boy!!! Jk, I like pip-boy but I'm good with what the community as a whole wants
reddit.com/u/iceman1925

Offline ccarlitos2

¿Por que no los dos? :3
HHKB Pro 1| Poker 2(MX Browns)| Leopold FC200R (MX Blue)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Yup, that tasted purple" -Lulu

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/138889771@N05/

Offline 00zeRO

• * Commercial Vendor
    • Mechanical Keyboards

Demasiado dinero...no tengo dinero. It would cost too much and make the novelty sets too expensive. I am trying to expand colorways while only increasing overall available caps by 2 legends. As it is shaping up in my mind, I will do a mega set of choice colors all in SA Row 3. Child Deal for GID keys, for those who like them, and then a Child Deal for those who want the Classic Colors for legends in SA Row 1.

Offline Data

Demasiado dinero...no tengo dinero. It would cost too much and make the novelty sets too expensive. I am trying to expand colorways while only increasing overall available caps by 2 legends. As it is shaping up in my mind, I will do a mega set of choice colors all in SA Row 3. Child Deal for GID keys, for those who like them, and then a Child Deal for those who want the Classic Colors for legends in SA Row 1.
Baller.

Offline 00zeRO

• * Commercial Vendor
    • Mechanical Keyboards

Baller.

Thought you might appreciate it...

Offline ccarlitos2

Baller.

Thought you might appreciate it...

This sounds like a fantastic plan to me :) I have yet to acquire an SA set, but I will probably still buy these XD
HHKB Pro 1| Poker 2(MX Browns)| Leopold FC200R (MX Blue)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Yup, that tasted purple" -Lulu

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/138889771@N05/

Offline Oobly

• * Esteemed Elder

Works for me :) I think that should satisfy everyone.

I'm glad people like the Pip-boy idea. Of course this means you've already locked me in for the next round, too... ;)
Buying more keycaps,
but I must have them.

Offline dndlmx

Show Image

Show Image

Mint chocolate colors I like...   :) 

Offline Xenocidal

• Professional Lurker
So no chance of matching rows by colorway? With Jukebox being 112344, it only has one Row 3 row, and it isn't a very good one to put vanity caps in. Maybe make a poll of a bunch of the legend/color combos and put the most popular from the non-standard colorways in the mega pack in Row 3, then have child deals for the row matched colorways? Fallout hype should help meet MOQ, maybe.... I just want a Row 1 Nuka Cola cap in the Juke colorway. ;)

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Gentlemen, a bobsled is a simple thing.
    • KeyChatter
So no chance of matching rows by colorway? With Jukebox being 112344, it only has one Row 3 row, and it isn't a very good one to put vanity caps in. Maybe make a poll of a bunch of the legend/color combos and put the most popular from the non-standard colorways in the mega pack in Row 3, then have child deals for the row matched colorways? Fallout hype should help meet MOQ, maybe.... I just want a Row 1 Nuka Cola cap in the Juke colorway. ;)

Yeah I sold my old fallout set because of the R3 thing. If it doesn't happen I'll look into the R1 thing myself.
<- My Collection (so far)

Offline IMBoddy

It's so beautiful it brings a tear to my eye.

Offline Treadstone

Damn, I've just missed series 2. I'm hoping for more Blue PC Nuke-Colas :)

Offline pryedthirdeye

Definitely in for these.  I just missed the last round and have been kicking myself ever since.
clicky clicky

Offline dndlmx

Damn, I've just missed series 2.

I just missed the last round and have been kicking myself ever since.

Me too, oh well...    :(

Offline TastaturenAuslese

• Formerly temence
  • life marrow suckerer
Like many others, hoping for something nuka cola related :) But definitely interested in an SA keycap set.
Home: Kishsaver - IBM 6019284/F62 | Work: HHKB Professional 2 Silenced | Temporary Retirement:
More
IBM '89 1391401 Merrill Lynch Financial Edition

They are a functional and practical indulgence.

Offline maxpegasus

• The search goes ever on and on...
Would also appreciate some R1 love!

Offline 00zeRO

• * Commercial Vendor
    • Mechanical Keyboards
OP Mockups updated with early plan concept. Enjoy!

Offline Xenocidal

• Professional Lurker
Looking very good, so far I'd buy them all!

Offline iceman1925

Looking very good, so far I'd buy them all!
Exactly how I feel
reddit.com/u/iceman1925

Offline Data

That Lucky 38 is like