Author Topic: Is a TrulyErgonomic worth getting?  (Read 21886 times)

Offline Burz

• maybe get a blister on yo' little finger...
Re: Is a TrulyErgonomic worth getting?
« Reply #50 on: Thu, 11 October 2012, 15:57:16 »
Thanks for the review, wiz, and welcome to GH!
Matias Mini QuietPro  \\ Dell AT101W - Black ALPS  \\ SIIG MiniTouch x2 White XM - Monterey  \\ Colemak layout.

Offline wiz

« Reply #51 on: Sat, 13 October 2012, 14:13:26 »
Thanks for the welcome.

Offline Gerk

« Reply #52 on: Sat, 13 October 2012, 15:38:34 »
I frequently end up with my right hand one column left of home, and I have no idea why.

I noticed the same thing when I use it and I'm not sure why either.
Rosewill RK-9000RE (reds) | Das Keyboard Model S Professional Silent (browns) | Leopold TKL (browns) | F21-7D "Mechanical Keyboard" (Blue Alps) | Filco Majestouch TKL (blues) | Goldtouch V2 x 2 | Matias Ergo Pro x 2 | Kinesis Freestyle Pro (browns) | Kinesis Freestyle Edge (reds)

Offline Tracer

« Reply #53 on: Mon, 15 October 2012, 10:16:25 »
I frequently end up with my right hand one column left of home, and I have no idea why.

I noticed the same thing when I use it and I'm not sure why either.

Hah. Me too. I never thought about this until I read what you guys just wrote. This is doubly frustrating when typing in a web form, as I hit backspace instead of 'n' and go "back" in the browser, loosing whatever I was typing.

Offline Input Nirvana

• Master of the Calculated Risk
  • If I tell ya, I'll hafta kill ya
« Reply #54 on: Mon, 15 October 2012, 12:38:30 »
The class action suit idea...not a good use of time and with little chance of any meaningful return. Their lack of actions most likely fall under "let the buyer beware" category. The false promises weren't the basis of the sale/purchase. But what do I know?

As far as their future performance...to expect anything more than what we've seen in the last 3 years is our fault, not theirs. If we expect nothing, we probably won't be too disappointed.

It's too bad, they got a good buzz started, they eventually delivered a product with several notable and desired features. A quality level that was a bit of a surprise. But it stopped there. Lots of potential, but failing at a couple of very crucial points.

It's still commendable they did what they did, and have gotten this far. Who knows what the future may bring as far as a finished product? Just don't expect any promise to be fulfilled, or a warm-n-fuzzy email :)

DISCLAIMER: I've never used a TE.
Kinesis Advantage cut into 2 halves | RollerMouse Free 2 | Apple Magic Trackpad | Colemak
Evil Screaming Flying Door Monkeys From Hell                     Proudly GeekWhacking since 2009
Things change, things stay the same                                        Thanks much, Smallfry  
I AM THE REAPER . . . BECAUSE I KILL IT
~retired from forum activities 2015~

Offline Gerk

« Reply #55 on: Mon, 15 October 2012, 12:58:26 »
Yep exactly input nirvana ... it was pretty shocking to get something with the build quality that we did, but they really fell flat on their face after release.  Obviously they kept working on something because they have now released the second generation of boards, but obviously they didn't keep working on some of the things I think are important (like the remapping software and bug fixes for Macs).  Who knows, another several years and they might make some sort of statement that the software is, and always was, vapourware!
Rosewill RK-9000RE (reds) | Das Keyboard Model S Professional Silent (browns) | Leopold TKL (browns) | F21-7D "Mechanical Keyboard" (Blue Alps) | Filco Majestouch TKL (blues) | Goldtouch V2 x 2 | Matias Ergo Pro x 2 | Kinesis Freestyle Pro (browns) | Kinesis Freestyle Edge (reds)

Offline c64

« Reply #56 on: Mon, 15 October 2012, 13:16:52 »
So far I am very happy with the GoldTouch keyboard I purchased.  I had some issues with my standalone numeric keypad, but GoldTouch customer support went above and beyond to help me solve the issue.  I am very impressed with their customer service.   I hope they make a ergonomic mechanical keyboard in the future.

Offline SilverRubicon

« Reply #57 on: Wed, 17 October 2012, 15:10:42 »
I've adapted to the shift keys, but am still struggling with slash, tab, and apostrophe.

I love my TEK, but the tab, delete, and enter keys still trip me up after a couple of months of use.  It's also hard moving between the TEK and a tradtional keyboard.  I'm debating moving back to a standard keyboard but that also involves a certain amount of wrist pain.  I wish there was a better way to remap keys under OSX, and I think I would also like to replace the center keys (tab, delete, enter) with blank keys.  I believe that part of my problem are the symbols on those keys.  If they were blank, my mind may have an easier time.

Offline Tracer

« Reply #58 on: Thu, 18 October 2012, 09:13:41 »
I love my TEK, but the tab, delete, and enter keys still trip me up after a couple of months of use.  It's also hard moving between the TEK and a tradtional keyboard.  I'm debating moving back to a standard keyboard but that also involves a certain amount of wrist pain.  I wish there was a better way to remap keys under OSX, and I think I would also like to replace the center keys (tab, delete, enter) with blank keys.  I believe that part of my problem are the symbols on those keys.  If they were blank, my mind may have an easier time.

Well, not that most of us have had much success, but see if they will sell you a blank key set for the middle row.
Having said that, both of my TEKs are all blank and I still manage to hit backspace when I don't mean to.

Offline Grimey

« Reply #59 on: Thu, 18 October 2012, 12:07:23 »
Huh, website for TE has been down all day for me.  Every other week or so I think about ordering one of these, and always fail to follow through.
Erlang your pants off

Offline Gerk

« Reply #60 on: Fri, 19 October 2012, 11:55:10 »
Huh, website for TE has been down all day for me.  Every other week or so I think about ordering one of these, and always fail to follow through.

That's probably because it looks like they changed over their store setup, it used to be on secure.trulyergonomic.com but that domain entry no longer exists.  Just another clueless move on their part .. they should at least have DNS setup for the secure.* and have it redirect to the www.trulyergonomic.com setup.  They are rookies it seems on many fronts.  Google hasn't picked up on the changes yet either (again because they didn't put a 301 or 302 redirect in place), but their main page seems to be working ok at the www.* address.

Offline Input Nirvana

• Master of the Calculated Risk
  • If I tell ya, I'll hafta kill ya
« Reply #61 on: Fri, 19 October 2012, 13:17:05 »
The TE may lend itself to modding....any owner want to chime in on their thoughts? If any?
Kinesis Advantage cut into 2 halves | RollerMouse Free 2 | Apple Magic Trackpad | Colemak
Evil Screaming Flying Door Monkeys From Hell                     Proudly GeekWhacking since 2009
Things change, things stay the same                                        Thanks much, Smallfry  
I AM THE REAPER . . . BECAUSE I KILL IT
~retired from forum activities 2015~

Offline Tracer

« Reply #62 on: Wed, 24 October 2012, 07:18:11 »
The TE may lend itself to modding....any owner want to chime in on their thoughts? If any?

Not sure what I'd want to mod?

Offline Gerk

« Reply #63 on: Wed, 24 October 2012, 10:37:08 »
Since switching over to using the goldtouch boards I couldn't be happier.  My TE is now officially a dust collector.  I think I'll keep it until they release the software for it (in other words I'll probably never sell it)

Offline Tracer

« Reply #64 on: Wed, 24 October 2012, 10:58:48 »
Since switching over to using the goldtouch boards I couldn't be happier.  My TE is now officially a dust collector.  I think I'll keep it until they release the software for it (in other words I'll probably never sell it)

DOH! Well, let me know if you ever change your mind.

Offline Gerk

« Reply #65 on: Wed, 24 October 2012, 13:25:54 »

DOH! Well, let me know if you ever change your mind.

You'll be the first person I ping if I decide to get rid of it, but honestly with all the crap I went through with this board I dunno if that will happen or not ... it's now just part of the collection.

Offline haskellelephant

• haskell is everywhere! What are we going to do?
« Reply #66 on: Wed, 21 November 2012, 14:15:44 »
I have one of these things and I love it, I am a real sucker for the straight columns and the short width (less distance to the mouse). As for the custom caps, the middle buttons and the space bars are custom other than that they are standard.

As for their customer service, I haven't seen any complaints for a while. It seems like they did some really bad choices in the beginning.