geekhack Community > New Members

keyboard spreadsheets... anyone else?

(1/2) > >>

nebulazy:
greetings! i am new to the forums after lurking a bit, but i've been following the keyboard hobby for a few years now. i have been on a buying spree as i try to hone in on what i truly enjoy. i have a couple google spreadsheets that i use to keep track of everything! i like to keep a list of what i have, what switches are in it, and what keycaps it's using. i also keep rankings of everything like the obsessive nerd that i am. ive always loved typing but didn't realize how amazing it could sound and feel! as a musician with a focus in percussion and a lifelong computer nerd with a love of typing, mechanical keyboards encompass everything that i love in one package.

anyone else join the kickstarter for Shift Happens? it's so beautiful :')

i have a few themes for the majority of my boards: purple, and retro/synth/vapor-wave aesthetic. i also own a couple IBM Model Ms, a couple Selectrics and I found a Canon Typestar portable electric typewriter at a pawnshop! i want to add more vintage keyboards to my collection so i can try a variety of switch types. chryosran22 is my favorite creator on youtube and i consume vast quantities of keyboard content.

i'm a proud member of the tactile gang, but i appreciate all switches (including clicky!). variety is the spice of life and i have a habit of switching keyboards for work 2-3 times a day, sometimes more. i love working from home for many reasons, but it also doesn't limit what kinds of keyboards i can use, so i explore quite a bit.

a few of my favorites: arisu layout (i have a bunch, from the vulcan majas v2 to the budget weikav record), tactile switches (gateron baby kangaroo, boba u4t, cherry mx purple (hi glarses!), epomaker (yes i know...) budgerigar, akko cream blues (the original 3 pin that i hand lubed), gmk (analog dreams, laser, retrowave, vaporwave), pbtfans (purpurite, fairy), nk (PBoW, blossom, weirdo milkshake, dss easter), budget keyboards (there are so many great budget options right now, it's truly mind blowing! everything from zuoya gmk67 & 87, akko spr75, top40 & 75, weikav sugar65 & record, ajazz ak820 & akc087, kbdcraft adam & addams, leobog hi75, keebmonkey wk870, womier s-k71 & s-k87 ripple, ilovbee i87 (such a good little budget board that's amazing after mods))

i could go on and on and on and on... i talk my husband's, friends', family's ears of about the hobby. and that's why i'm here, which i think they will appreciate! ive been making keyboards for friends and family as gifts and on commission. i love tinkering and building and modding, but i HATE tuning stabs. argh!

mohawk1367:
i bet Beethoven would have been into keyboards if he was alive today

Rhienfo:
Welcome to Geekhack :)

That's pretty interesting that you keep records of everything like that. I just have a google note of all the artisan keycaps that I have. Just kinda wing it for everything else lol.

sarahn27:

--- Quote from: nebulazy on Sun, 04 February 2024, 22:29:38 ---greetings! i am new to the forums after lurking a bit, but i've been following the keyboard hobby for a few years now. i have been on a buying spree as i try to hone in on what i truly enjoy. i have a couple google spreadsheets that i use to keep track of everything! i like to keep a list of what i have, what switches are in it, and what keycaps it's using. i also keep rankings of everything like the obsessive nerd that i am. ive always loved typing but didn't realize how amazing it could sound and feel! as a musician with a focus in percussion and a lifelong computer nerd with a love of typing, mechanical keyboards encompass everything that i love in one package.

anyone else join the kickstarter for Shift Happens? it's so beautiful :')

i have a few themes for the majority of my boards: purple, and retro/synth/vapor-wave aesthetic. i also own a couple IBM Model Ms, a couple Selectrics and I found a Canon Typestar portable electric typewriter at a pawnshop! i want to add more vintage keyboards to my collection so i can try a variety of switch types. chryosran22 is my favorite creator on youtube and i consume vast quantities of keyboard content.

i'm a proud member of the tactile gang, but i appreciate all switches (including clicky!). variety is the spice of life and i have a habit of switching keyboards for work 2-3 times a day, sometimes more. i love working from home for many reasons, but it also doesn't limit what kinds of keyboards i can use, so i explore quite a bit.

a few of my favorites: arisu layout (i have a bunch, from the vulcan majas v2 to the budget weikav record), tactile switches (gateron baby kangaroo, boba u4t, cherry mx purple (hi glarses!), epomaker (yes i know...) budgerigar, akko cream blues (the original 3 pin that i hand lubed), gmk (analog dreams, laser, retrowave, vaporwave), pbtfans (purpurite, fairy), nk (PBoW, blossom, weirdo milkshake, dss easter), budget keyboards (there are so many great budget options right now, it's truly mind blowing! everything from zuoya gmk67 & 87, akko spr75, top40 & 75, weikav sugar65 & record, ajazz ak820 & akc087, kbdcraft adam & addams, leobog hi75, keebmonkey wk870, womier s-k71 & s-k87 ripple, ilovbee i87 (such a good little budget board that's amazing after mods))

i could go on and on and on and on... i talk my husband's, friends', family's ears of about the hobby. and that's why i'm here, which i think they will appreciate! ive been making keyboards for friends and family as gifts and on commission. i love tinkering and building and modding, but i HATE tuning stabs. argh!

--- End quote ---

I love spreadsheets haha I'm glad to know that other people do this too. I have spreadsheets for everything! Keyboard-related it's mostly switch spreadsheets, and ones to keep track of how much I spend on each build. In my other hobbies like running I also have spreadsheets for all the shoes I own with their prices, how they feel, heel-toe drop, etc.

HoffmanMyster:
Welcome!! Who doesn't love a good spreadsheet, haha. Mine aren't nearly as detailed, but as a data fiend I appreciate the effort. :D

What have you built for friends / family lately? Any of them get even mildly interested in diving deeper?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version