Author Topic: [IC] sort of... Edge65: Customizable and Magnetic  (Read 2516 times)

Offline koopatroopa

[IC] sort of... Edge65: Customizable and Magnetic
« on: Tue, 12 October 2021, 18:44:50 »
The Edge65 is a keyboard that can be customized in the way of material and finish. Some sample materials could include aluminum, brass, titanium, and copper. Sadly, polycarbonate/other plastics will have to be excluded due to required changes to the design and machining limitations. It will also include toolless magnetic access to the poron gasket-mounted plate, available in brass, aluminum, titanium, copper, and magnesium (with reduced flex cuts). It has been designed with the DZ65RGB V3 in mind, although any standard 65% PCB should work well. There are no prices yet available, but I hope to get quotes for manufacturing and materials soon. This design is also not finalized and is subject to change. Any feedback or suggestions are greatly appreciated in this beginning stage of design. Thank you!

Gallery of Sample Options:

277219-0

277221-1

277225-2

277223-3
« Last Edit: Tue, 12 October 2021, 19:48:40 by koopatroopa »

Offline markclemmons

Re: Edge65: Customizable and Magnetic
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 12 October 2021, 18:48:43 »
That's fire

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Offline chat and team

Re: Edge65: Customizable and Magnetic
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 12 October 2021, 18:55:40 »
what type of ic is this lmao i dont even know what to say
geekhack mods constantly break tos and refuse to read
Chinese overlords won

Offline koopatroopa

Re: [IC] sort of... Edge65: Customizable and Magnetic
« Reply #3 on: Tue, 12 October 2021, 19:17:43 »

I'm not sure either, it's just supposed to be a place for me to post updates and for feedback/questions/suggestions on the board.
« Last Edit: Tue, 12 October 2021, 19:25:29 by koopatroopa »

Offline Gondolindrim

• My GitHub
« Reply #4 on: Tue, 12 October 2021, 19:45:15 »

I'm not sure either, it's just supposed to be a place for me to post updates and for feedback/questions/suggestions on the board.

An IC is not the place to publish a concept and gather feedback; as the name suggest, an Interest Check is used when you have a close-to-finish product and want to pitch it to the community.

Rather, use the proper area in geekhack: https://geekhack.org/index.php?board=117.0
A pessimist will tell you the cup is half empty. An optimist will tell you the cup is half full. An engineer will tell you it's exactly twice the size it needs to be.

Offline koopatroopa

« Reply #5 on: Tue, 12 October 2021, 19:49:57 »

An IC is not the place to publish a concept and gather feedback; as the name suggest, an Interest Check is used when you have a close-to-finish product and want to pitch it to the community.

Rather, use the proper area in geekhack: https://geekhack.org/index.php?board=117.0

Sure, I'll move it there. Sorry, its my first time on this platform.