Author Topic: [GB] GMK Nord | GB CLOSED  (Read 300336 times)

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
Re: [GB] GMK Nord
« Reply #50 on: Thu, 25 June 2020, 22:13:05 »

More
<-- progress
« Last Edit: Sat, 04 July 2020, 15:38:07 by dvorcol »

Offline konstantin

• Formerly constexpr
« Reply #51 on: Thu, 25 June 2020, 23:46:32 »
Show Image

Show Image

Wow, those NorDe sales are unbelievable.

Offline hineybush

• * Maker
  • student of error
    • hineybush keyboards
« Reply #52 on: Fri, 26 June 2020, 00:08:26 »
Show Image

Show Image

i legit bought it for the Q-@ key

Offline Emir

• icon mods
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Bandit
    • Discord
« Reply #53 on: Fri, 26 June 2020, 00:28:24 »
Show Image

Show Image

I think candykeys bought moq day 1 themselves?

Offline hineybush

• * Maker
  • student of error
    • hineybush keyboards
« Reply #54 on: Fri, 26 June 2020, 00:35:01 »
Show Image

Show Image

i bought 5 to sell aftermarket

Offline Emir

• icon mods
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Bandit
    • Discord
« Reply #55 on: Fri, 26 June 2020, 01:42:12 »
Show Image

Show Image

Dolphin, everyone knows nordeuk kits is a pure cash grab. Don't you have any shame?

Offline Spicemaster

« Reply #56 on: Fri, 26 June 2020, 08:09:12 »
Dark or modern deskmat......porque no los dos?

Offline Gtrx

« Reply #57 on: Fri, 26 June 2020, 17:02:36 »
Dark or modern deskmat......porque no los dos?

Modern is this one

Offline Gtrx

« Reply #58 on: Fri, 26 June 2020, 17:04:38 »
Show Image

Show Image

woah, please no Norde kit flipping in the US. It's too lucrative and immoral  >:D

Offline Tarek

« Reply #59 on: Sat, 27 June 2020, 08:33:18 »
Wow those mods and artisans.

Offline konstantin

• Formerly constexpr
« Reply #60 on: Mon, 29 June 2020, 01:56:43 »
The NorDeUk kit adds support for these languages: Norwegian, British, German, Danish.

Ah yes, the well known British language.

Offline Jae-3soteric

• https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAIHiFKJt69HNad6r
    • Jae | Top Clack
« Reply #61 on: Mon, 29 June 2020, 03:08:04 »
The NorDeUk kit adds support for these languages: Norwegian, British, German, Danish.

Ah yes, the well known British language.

To be fair its not the well known UK Language either :D

Offline pleasega

« Reply #62 on: Mon, 29 June 2020, 09:57:04 »
is there a reason why there's no second b key in the spacebar kit?

Offline scie

« Reply #63 on: Tue, 30 June 2020, 11:40:08 »
I wonder how much weight those artisan keycaps have. Don´t they push the keys like Cherry MX red down? This is why I hesitate to order them

Offline Missingnumber

« Reply #64 on: Tue, 30 June 2020, 17:59:34 »
I've been trying to order on CandyKeys for a while now, but when I hit "Place Order" I just get a spinning circle. I've tried it in Firefox, Chrome, and on my phone. Has anyone else had this issue?

Offline Jojjelito

« Reply #65 on: Tue, 30 June 2020, 19:04:35 »
Placed an order with CandyKeys just fine earlier. Maybe it’s geo blocking? If you’re in North America there should be a GB proxy over there.

Offline Missingnumber

« Reply #66 on: Tue, 30 June 2020, 19:19:14 »
Placed an order with CandyKeys just fine earlier. Maybe it’s geo blocking? If you’re in North America there should be a GB proxy over there.

CandyKeys says they ship to North America. 

The US proxy is MKUltra. Based on the owner's attitude in posts to r/mechanicalkeyboards and their huge backlog of unfilled orders, I'm not sure the company will still exist by the time this set is supposed to ship. I'm always afraid of buying in to the next GMK Hyperfuse.

I guess I could try a different proxy, but I figured I would get it fastest with the company based out of Germany.

Offline euphxenos

« Reply #67 on: Wed, 01 July 2020, 00:31:04 »

The US proxy is MKUltra. Based on the owner's attitude in posts to r/mechanicalkeyboards and their huge backlog of unfilled orders, I'm not sure the company will still exist by the time this set is supposed to ship. I'm always afraid of buying in to the next GMK Hyperfuse.

I guess I could try a different proxy, but I figured I would get it fastest with the company based out of Germany.

I'm in the US and placed my GMK Nord order with Candykeys for much the same reason.  I'd never heard of MKUltra before, so I looked at his site and his post history on Reddit.  Hard pass.  I had no difficulties placing my order with Candykeys shipped to a US address; give it another try later.

Offline Missingnumber

« Reply #68 on: Wed, 01 July 2020, 07:22:25 »

I'm in the US and placed my GMK Nord order with Candykeys for much the same reason.  I'd never heard of MKUltra before, so I looked at his site and his post history on Reddit.  Hard pass.  I had no difficulties placing my order with Candykeys shipped to a US address; give it another try later.

Hey thanks.  It worked this morning.  I wonder why it didn't go through the last two times I tried.

Offline LeandreN

• Mekanisk.co
  • * Vendor
    • Mekanisk
« Reply #69 on: Wed, 01 July 2020, 07:36:59 »

Offline edasaur

« Reply #70 on: Wed, 01 July 2020, 10:03:18 »

Hey thanks.  It worked this morning.  I wonder why it didn't go through the last two times I tried.

Thinking about pursuing this route as well. Is the street number just the number that precedes the street name? Seems kind of redundant unless I'm supposed to omit the street number from the street address...

Offline Missingnumber

« Reply #71 on: Wed, 01 July 2020, 10:11:52 »

Thinking about pursuing this route as well. Is the street number just the number that precedes the street name? Seems kind of redundant unless I'm supposed to omit the street number from the street address...

I ended up just putting my street address in twice since it was required.  I figured the post office would be able to figure it out.  Fingers crossed.

Offline kaiba

« Reply #72 on: Wed, 01 July 2020, 13:19:31 »
What happened with GMK Hyperfuse, did the buyers just not get their keycaps at all?

I'm also extremely hesitant to buy from MKUltra... but to use CandyKeys like some others here, the price of international shipping would make this set way too expensive for me, on top of an already high price tag compared to some other GMK sets. I also wondered if MKUltra would actually exist next year, seeing as much of their business seems to be from cutting foam, but other companies like KBDfans themselves are now going to start cutting these foams - I imagine people will soon move on to other companies with better histories in fulfilling orders. I want Nord a lot... unsure if I should take the risk on MKUltra, and hope that if their business is going to close, they'll at least pass on the orders to another reputable vendor. Or swallow the high shipping fees from CandyKeys...

Offline euphxenos

« Reply #73 on: Wed, 01 July 2020, 14:30:24 »
What happened with GMK Hyperfuse, did the buyers just not get their keycaps at all?

I'm also extremely hesitant to buy from MKUltra... but to use CandyKeys like some others here, the price of international shipping would make this set way too expensive for me, on top of an already high price tag compared to some other GMK sets. I also wondered if MKUltra would actually exist next year, seeing as much of their business seems to be from cutting foam, but other companies like KBDfans themselves are now going to start cutting these foams - I imagine people will soon move on to other companies with better histories in fulfilling orders. I want Nord a lot... unsure if I should take the risk on MKUltra, and hope that if their business is going to close, they'll at least pass on the orders to another reputable vendor. Or swallow the high shipping fees from CandyKeys...

You might want to take a closer look at the price difference.  Note that the prices listed on Candykeys' site include VAT, which you do not pay as a US customer.  If you have an order shipped to an address in the US, VAT will get removed during checkout.  When I placed my order with Candykeys, my total came to 150.99 Euros.  I placed that order using a credit card that gets a good exchange rate and doesn't have additional fees for foreign transactions or currency exchange; that turned into a charge to my credit card for $170.56 for the base and numpad kits.  If I place the same items in my cart on MKUltra's site, it adds up to $181.17 ($125 base + $35 numpad + $2.55 route shipping insurance + $7.02 shipping + $11.60 sales tax).  So for me, it was cheaper *and* less sketchy to order from Candykeys.  YMMV.

Offline kaiba

« Reply #74 on: Wed, 01 July 2020, 18:18:57 »
You might want to take a closer look at the price difference.  Note that the prices listed on Candykeys' site include VAT, which you do not pay as a US customer.  If you have an order shipped to an address in the US, VAT will get removed during checkout.  When I placed my order with Candykeys, my total came to 150.99 Euros.  I placed that order using a credit card that gets a good exchange rate and doesn't have additional fees for foreign transactions or currency exchange; that turned into a charge to my credit card for $170.56 for the base and numpad kits.  If I place the same items in my cart on MKUltra's site, it adds up to $181.17 ($125 base + $35 numpad + $2.55 route shipping insurance + $7.02 shipping + $11.60 sales tax).  So for me, it was cheaper *and* less sketchy to order from Candykeys.  YMMV.
Ah you're right, I tried changing my checkout location to the US on CandyKeys and without the VAT charge the total is close to the same as from MKUltra. Thanks for pointing this out! I guess I'll be going with CandyKeys. The only question now, is how to fill out the street number vs street address parts of the shipping form...

Offline hkhawk

« Reply #75 on: Wed, 01 July 2020, 18:21:58 »
If you're in the US why not just order from DeskHero?

Offline kaiba

« Reply #76 on: Wed, 01 July 2020, 18:53:38 »
I, um... I don't know. xD I got caught up in other US people saying they wanted to buy from CandyKeys because it's closer to GMK factories, but DeskHero would be better for me.

Offline Missingnumber

« Reply #77 on: Wed, 01 July 2020, 19:06:09 »

Personally, I didn't see that it was any cheaper. (I actually found the Australian proxy to be the cheapest for some reason.) And from past group buys I have followed it looked like those that ordered from CandyKeys got their sets first. I'm not certain that is true, but they don't have to wait for transatlantic freight shipping before shipping out individual orders.

For any other group buy I would definitely support my local proxy though.

Offline scoopbb

« Reply #78 on: Wed, 01 July 2020, 22:45:34 »
Candykeys said express shipping to Americas would be 15 euro but price hasn't changed on the site. I ordered from mkultra personally. Might have done candykeys if price was actually cheaper for me. I've personally never been wronged by MKultra (purchased foams before peolpe began reporting issues). Hoping shipping won't be an issue and hes around in a year lol.

Offline Curin Derwin

« Reply #79 on: Fri, 03 July 2020, 08:29:58 »
Any plans for other form factors?

Offline Gtrx

« Reply #80 on: Sat, 04 July 2020, 10:37:45 »
Any plans for other form factors?

Not until the set arrives

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
« Reply #81 on: Sat, 04 July 2020, 15:37:24 »

More
<-- progress
« Last Edit: Wed, 08 July 2020, 20:17:15 by dvorcol »

Offline thornkin

« Reply #82 on: Mon, 06 July 2020, 02:20:14 »
Will assembly get made if it doesn't hit moq? If not, would we have the option to shift to base?

Offline thornkin

« Reply #83 on: Mon, 06 July 2020, 19:58:00 »
Oh I see at the top it says any kits which don't meet moq will be bought out so it should be safe to order assembly.

Offline jani80k

• In the hobby for a good time.
« Reply #84 on: Tue, 07 July 2020, 03:18:55 »
I joined this. Dark set, OG Icon Mods and Norde bought before GB start. need to support people who are doing things right.

Offline jermaink

« Reply #85 on: Tue, 07 July 2020, 11:32:49 »
Just a quick question about the numpad set, I notice that there are two '5' keys. Is one of these barred/nippled/scooped? It's a bit hard to make out from the images. I hope that one of the keycaps has a noticeable tactile difference (I think a nipple would be my preference).

Offline Missingnumber

« Reply #86 on: Tue, 07 July 2020, 12:38:07 »
Just a quick question about the numpad set, I notice that there are two '5' keys. Is one of these barred/nippled/scooped? It's a bit hard to make out from the images. I hope that one of the keycaps has a noticeable tactile difference (I think a nipple would be my preference).

Every GMK set I've seen has barred and unmarked versions of the F, J, and numpad 5 keys. I'm sure that's the case here as well.

Offline santela

« Reply #87 on: Tue, 07 July 2020, 13:25:33 »
Okay only a few days left and I still can't decide if I want these or not. I think they'd look best on a blue keyboard but I don't have one. Yet they just look so perfect I want one.

Offline jani80k

• In the hobby for a good time.
« Reply #88 on: Tue, 07 July 2020, 15:36:13 »
this set will look good on a lot of boards because the colors are fairly neutral.

Offline titanium

« Reply #89 on: Tue, 07 July 2020, 17:01:20 »
There is no 1.5u alt in the icon kit?

Offline Gtrx

« Reply #90 on: Wed, 08 July 2020, 11:10:51 »
Numbers (without extras):
Base kit: 1040
Norde kit: 116
Novelty kit: 435
Numpad kit: 182
Assembly kit: 112
Spacebar kit: 165

Thank you to everyone who participated in the gb. reaching 1000 naturally was a very nice surprise.

Offline gunth

« Reply #91 on: Wed, 08 July 2020, 12:16:00 »
Numbers (without extras):
Base kit: 1040
Norde kit: 116
Novelty kit: 435
Numpad kit: 182
Assembly kit: 112
Spacebar kit: 165

Thank you to everyone who participated in the gb. reaching 1000 naturally was a very nice surprise.
nice  :thumb:,now hurry up and make that kit  :))
i am waiting

Offline scie

« Reply #92 on: Wed, 08 July 2020, 12:33:28 »
Ok, just ordered my first gb base, novelties, norde, numpad and both artisan keys. I am curious how it'll work out  :D :D

Offline getlazy

« Reply #93 on: Wed, 08 July 2020, 13:45:40 »
Man, Im surprised by how many people picked up the novelty kit. While I think the base kit is super ****ing clean, the novelties kinda dont do anything for me (of course thats super subjective) 

Offline Missingnumber

« Reply #94 on: Wed, 08 July 2020, 13:59:49 »
Man, Im surprised by how many people picked up the novelty kit. While I think the base kit is super ****ing clean, the novelties kinda dont do anything for me (of course thats super subjective)

I was very torn about them. In the end my FOMO got the best of me and I went ahead and ordered them. I regret not ordering the space bar kits from the earlier group buys I participated in, so now I'm making sure to get everything I might want by the time it's delivered.

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
« Reply #95 on: Wed, 08 July 2020, 20:16:44 »

« Last Edit: Wed, 08 July 2020, 20:23:46 by dvorcol »

Offline Curin Derwin

« Reply #96 on: Thu, 09 July 2020, 01:18:45 »
Is there a matching Cable?

Offline rondg

« Reply #97 on: Thu, 09 July 2020, 23:55:20 »
Is that a 1.5 Shift on the assembly kit?

Offline konstantin

• Formerly constexpr
« Reply #98 on: Mon, 13 July 2020, 23:59:14 »

Yes.

Offline rondg

« Reply #99 on: Tue, 14 July 2020, 01:03:49 »

Yes.

Okay, thanks! I bought that kit just for that key