Author Topic: KAT Pastel Dreams (concept/feedback)  (Read 3479 times)

Offline misononyan

KAT Pastel Dreams (concept/feedback)
« on: Tue, 22 December 2020, 10:51:25 »
Hey yall, I just thought of this idea last night pretty much, and I wanted to get a little (a lot) of feedback before continuing, as well as some solid data.
KAT Pastel Dreams is meant to be a relatively simplistic pastel set, with color on white alphas and the inverse for mods. I have a few renders, but bear with me here, they definitely require some work. I have around six colors rendered out but the final product will only have two or three available based on popular demand (due to my compatibility vision of this set.)

The aim here is to have something that feels flowery and cute in the colors, but keeping to a reasonable standard of minimalism as to not be an eyesore on a desk.

Blossom Pink

Floral Purple

Sky Blue

Mint Green

Cream Orange

Butter Yellow

Yeah. It needs quite a bit of tweaking, but I'm here to get some feedback before continuing since I'm relatively unsure of what to go forward with, let alone if people will even care about a set like this. I'd really appreciate a response to the form below, as it gives me a more measured response and figures on things as opposed to general assumptions of ideas.

Here's the feedback form. I'd really appreciate a response!
(closed)

The Laundry List of Things To Do
- Change font from Open Gorton over to something easier to read on lower contrast keys
- Properly color match and adjust color contrast according to general accessibility
- Do something to make the set feel a bit more special as opposed to it just feeling like an "in-stock" set
- Narrow down to two or three main colors of interest
- Make a general kitting sheet up to standard with other KAT sets (Monochrome, Refined, etc.)
- Get compared to IFK Pastel since I'm not the first one to this general idea

« Last Edit: Tue, 22 December 2020, 18:48:42 by misononyan »

Offline Vegas_

Re: KAT Pastel Dreams (concept/feedback)
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 22 December 2020, 13:44:32 »
huge fan of this!! really like the simplicity of it, and i'm a major sucker for pastel colors tbh. would cop at least two sets for sure lol, but would prefer no sublegends (already filled out the form!)
« Last Edit: Tue, 22 December 2020, 13:46:55 by Vegas_ »

Offline misononyan

« Reply #2 on: Tue, 22 December 2020, 16:43:36 »
huge fan of this!! really like the simplicity of it, and i'm a major sucker for pastel colors tbh. would cop at least two sets for sure lol, but would prefer no sublegends (already filled out the form!)

awesome to hear! i'm likely gonna change the vision just a little bit as not to step on pastel pbt too much

Offline mrvco

« Reply #3 on: Tue, 22 December 2020, 16:59:47 »
Looks nice.  I'm not a fan of sub-legends, so a blanks option for the alphas would be a plus.  Otherwise I'd pair the mods with my KAT Blanks set even though the white legends on the mods might not match perfectly.

Offline misononyan

« Reply #4 on: Tue, 22 December 2020, 17:11:46 »
Looks nice.  I'm not a fan of sub-legends, so a blanks option for the alphas would be a plus.  Otherwise I'd pair the mods with my KAT Blanks set even though the white legends on the mods might not match perfectly.

Ofc, mono legends are planned to be the main alphas kit. Just thought sublegends would look pretty in renders (and was testing uv map stuff since it was my first time rendering with that lol)