Author Topic: Longtime lurker, finally introducing + questions  (Read 2227 times)

Offline MortalKonga

Longtime lurker, finally introducing + questions
« on: Wed, 19 August 2020, 18:44:05 »
Hi! Greetings from Argentina. I've been looking into this hobby for a couple of years now. I bought my first mech in 2017 (a Corsair with mx silents), and I'm typing from my 4th keeb now. I finally found the courage to start buying and building my own, I'm mainly interested in ortho and splits.

Ok, my question now is: Why the hell is so hard to get keycaps with ñ (ñ if you can't see the letter)? I've been trying to get a couple of sets for my upcoming boards, but it's so hard that, so far, I only got one set that have all I need. It has been very frustrating so far. What do you guys think?

Offline switchnollie

• sleever supreme
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • greyhat co-leader
Re: Longtime lurker, finally introducing + questions
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 20 August 2020, 15:49:11 »
Welcome :)

That's a super niche keycap, I think you're the only person I've ever seen that really wants one.
Most of the nice keysets you see are GMK and they don't usually use that mold if they even have it.

Keyboards: HHKB Pro 1 & OTD 356CL Dark Greyhat Edition, baybee!

Offline pr0ximity

« Reply #2 on: Thu, 20 August 2020, 21:59:08 »
I think you would want to seek out "ISO-ES" layout keycaps for the ñ to the immediate right of the L key. Unfortunately, region-specific ISO layout kits are often the least successful in many group buys. But they do happen. Best to keep your eyes out, and maybe ask designers for them in keyset Interest Checks.

Ex: https://mykeyboard.eu/catalogue/pok3r-iso-pbt-spanish-keycaps_99/

KAT Milkshake has one in their INTL kit: https://candykeys.com/product/kat-milkshake-INTL

| Flickr | KMAC 1.2 | Koala | GSKT-00-Z | GSKT-00-AEK | GON NerD60 | Jane V2 CE | Whale | J80S | Ibis | Pro2 | Pro1 | 356mini | 356CL DGE | G80-5000 HAMDE | IBM 1390120 | IBM F AT | IBM F122 | IBM 3101 | Zenith Z-150

Offline MortalKonga

« Reply #3 on: Sat, 12 September 2020, 12:27:46 »
Oh! The milkshake is exactly the set I was searching. Ty <3