Author Topic: [IC] UK78 - 60%+Numpad Keyboard - A British Custom - GB LIVE!  (Read 55521 times)

Offline FearsomeCubedWarrior

Re: [IC] UK78 - 60%+Numpad Keyboard - A British Custom
« Reply #200 on: Fri, 16 June 2017, 14:56:01 »
Wait, orders are accepted already?!

Offline ChitownM2

« Reply #201 on: Fri, 16 June 2017, 22:56:28 »

Pretty sure the answer to that is no. He was just saying he won't be able to answer that particular question until we reach the GB phase and start taking orders.

Offline rozakiin

• British Custom Anyone?
    • UK Keyboards
« Reply #202 on: Sat, 17 June 2017, 04:57:22 »
The Group Buy opens 18:00 GMT+1 18th June if everything goes according to plan Check the GB thread for updates https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=90060.0

Offline zigzag801

[IC] UK78 - 60%+Numpad Keyboard - A British Custom
« Reply #203 on: Sat, 17 June 2017, 08:19:10 »
Sample Case photos:

A few points following inspection of the sample, the manufacturer was close to the colour I specified for anodising however I chose the wrong colour to match N9, the new colour will be Pantone 446 C.
The lasered UK78 logo will not be on production cases as it doesn't suit darker coloured cases.
The only manufacturing error on the case was a scratch made by the anodising wire but it is on the inside edge hidden by the feet from view completely.
Also those are not the bumpons that will come with the case, just ones I had lying around.
(Attachment Link) (Attachment Link)

I'm a little confused on the base and wanted to clarify before joining tomorrow! In the prototypes the acrylic base reached all round the aluminum case. But for the 1800 case does the base just to cover the PCB? Do these pictures even have a base? Or will the base actually add some more height to the board? Are there any pictures with the case and the acrylic base? Sorry for all the questions! Excited for this to go live!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline rozakiin

• British Custom Anyone?
    • UK Keyboards
« Reply #204 on: Sat, 17 June 2017, 11:10:08 »
Sample Case photos:

A few points following inspection of the sample, the manufacturer was close to the colour I specified for anodising however I chose the wrong colour to match N9, the new colour will be Pantone 446 C.
The lasered UK78 logo will not be on production cases as it doesn't suit darker coloured cases.
The only manufacturing error on the case was a scratch made by the anodising wire but it is on the inside edge hidden by the feet from view completely.
Also those are not the bumpons that will come with the case, just ones I had lying around.

I'm a little confused on the base and wanted to clarify before joining tomorrow! In the prototypes the acrylic base reached all round the aluminum case. But for the 1800 case does the base just to cover the PCB? Do these pictures even have a base? Or will the base actually add some more height to the board? Are there any pictures with the case and the acrylic base? Sorry for all the questions! Excited for this to go live!

The photos don't show the acrylic base, it would be sandwiched between the feet and the top case adding 3mm to the height compared to without. I've attached a render showing the case with acrylic base/diffuser added.

Offline zigzag801

« Reply #205 on: Sun, 18 June 2017, 11:47:31 »
Sample Case photos:

The photos don't show the acrylic base, it would be sandwiched between the feet and the top case adding 3mm to the height compared to without. I've attached a render showing the case with acrylic base/diffuser added.

Excellent! Thank you! I'm excited about the diffuser, need to figure out what color I want to do now!

Offline rozakiin

• British Custom Anyone?
    • UK Keyboards
« Reply #206 on: Sun, 18 June 2017, 13:49:34 »
Group Buy now live apologies for the delay https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=90060.0

Offline hormbre

• I am not played by keycaps = =!
« Reply #207 on: Sun, 18 June 2017, 13:59:44 »
Group Buy now live apologies for the delay https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=90060.0

congratulations! Maybe you would better add the Link in the first page  : )