Author Topic: Fill in the missing keys  (Read 14192 times)

Offline simkev

Re: Fill in the missing keys
« Reply #50 on: Thu, 03 January 2013, 08:12:43 »
Teensy = ATmega32u4.. ; ) The main reason to use it is to keep everything through hole. And with a Teensy it's a bit tricky to get the USB lines down on the PCB, unless you do a similar hack to the ErgoDox of course.
I know that thats the chip used on the Teensy, what I meant was that the chip should go directly on the board. Just like the GH60  :p
JAG ÄR LIVRÄDD FÖR ATT LEVA & JAG ÄR DÖDSRÄDD FÖR ATT DÖ

| Poker X - Ergo Clears & Red Alert 2.0 | Majestouch 2 TKL - Browns & Blue Cream Cheese |

Offline bpiphany

• bpiph is a special type of crazy. //mkawa
« Reply #51 on: Sun, 06 January 2013, 07:06:46 »
Putting the controller on a daughter board let's you use any one you like, and that is a good thing. I also don't want to break the through hole pattern of the project =) And also if the Teensy is discontinued, it's always possible to build something similar yourself. And I don't feel like spending time on building the circuit... And as of now, the interface is by 2 connectors, no soldering the Teensy directly onto the main board.

Here is a proof of concept driving 24 columns with only 5 outputs
Not a valid vimeo URL
If there is logic for 24 columns, why not make it 24 columns?...
11295-0
« Last Edit: Sun, 06 January 2013, 07:13:10 by bpiphany »

Offline phetto

• HHKB JP
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #52 on: Sun, 06 January 2013, 07:19:19 »
I will support whatever layout you chose and try to grab a piece. :)

Offline samwisekoi

• MAWG since 1997
  • * Administrator
  • Sorry, moving houses. Be back ASAP.
    • Tweet samwisekoi
« Reply #53 on: Sun, 06 January 2013, 11:11:35 »
How about this?  The RH column above the arrows is re-labelable.  The dual blank 1.75 keys combine to be a space bar.  No stabilizers are used in this design.

11304-0
Super 60 Keyboard by samwisekoi

- Ron | samwisekoi
I like keyboards and case modding.  Everything about a computer should be silent -- except the KEYBOARD!

'85 IBM F-122/Soarer Keyboard |  Leopold FC200 TKL (Browns) + GH36 Keypad (Browns/Greens) | GH-122 (Whites/Greens) with Nuclear Data Green keycaps in a Unicomp case

Offline simkev

« Reply #54 on: Sun, 06 January 2013, 15:55:28 »
Putting the controller on a daughter board let's you use any one you like, and that is a good thing. I also don't want to break the through hole pattern of the project =) And also if the Teensy is discontinued, it's always possible to build something similar yourself. And I don't feel like spending time on building the circuit... And as of now, the interface is by 2 connectors, no soldering the Teensy directly onto the main board.

Here is a proof of concept driving 24 columns with only 5 outputs
Not a valid vimeo URL
If there is logic for 24 columns, why not make it 24 columns?...
(Attachment Link)
Looking nice, are you still considering a break-off-able 4x6 keys to get a tkl and a numpad?
JAG ÄR LIVRÄDD FÖR ATT LEVA & JAG ÄR DÖDSRÄDD FÖR ATT DÖ

| Poker X - Ergo Clears & Red Alert 2.0 | Majestouch 2 TKL - Browns & Blue Cream Cheese |

Offline pasph

« Reply #55 on: Sun, 06 January 2013, 17:55:52 »
How about this?  The RH column above the arrows is re-labelable.  The dual blank 1.75 keys combine to be a space bar.  No stabilizers are used in this design.

(Attachment Link)
Super 60 Keyboard by samwisekoi

- Ron | samwisekoi
Show Image

I want one
"There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life"