Author Topic: 1UP 60% Question  (Read 1322 times)

Offline spaceandy

1UP 60% Question
« on: Fri, 01 May 2020, 20:50:44 »
Hello GH,

I recently purchased my first premade PCB's from 1UPKeyboards and ended up getting a RGB underglow 60% and a JD40 and am eagerly awaiting the plague gods to free new york from their grasp.

My question is what are the 6 pins to the right of the spacebar switch socket for?

I originally wanted to make a gross mutilation involving a 4 key macropad and a rotary dial encoder in a 3 port USB Hub hidden within the case (i know i know) but if these are for IO that would certainly add to my purchase list.

Shorthanded,
spaceandy

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
Re: 1UP 60% Question
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 01 May 2020, 21:01:59 »
Those holes are probably an ISP header, so you can flash a bootloader to the board.  All being well you wont need to do that but the 3 pins in the header that are IO may also be connected to the switch matrix - you would need to check which pins are used in the firmware against the datasheet for the controller chip to find out.
120/100g linear Zealio R1  
GMK Hyperfuse
'Split everything' perfection  
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline spaceandy

« Reply #2 on: Fri, 01 May 2020, 21:07:19 »
you would need to check which pins are used in the firmware against the datasheet for the controller chip to find out.

Word! Thanks for the homework, I'll be hopping to it. anything to prevent me from doing internal cable management is a big plus

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: Sat, 02 May 2020, 04:56:40 »
You can also look for pins used as indicator LEDs - they may not be neatly grouped together but if you don't need the LED they're free pins.
120/100g linear Zealio R1  
GMK Hyperfuse
'Split everything' perfection  
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline spaceandy

« Reply #4 on: Sat, 02 May 2020, 10:14:08 »
You can also look for pins used as indicator LEDs - they may not be neatly grouped together but if you don't need the LED they're free pins.

I looked into it further and found out they're actually breakout power points! I'm sure somewhere in the forum there was bound to be some information somewhere but i had no idea how to search for it.

I still need to research the controller and haven't got any good intel on if there are any available pins on it, but i'm hopeful.

Blessings