Author Topic: (Build log) Badwrench builds a "Chinese Custom"  (Read 15413 times)

Offline kohi

Re: (Build log) Badwrench builds a "Chinese Custom"
« Reply #50 on: Tue, 17 May 2016, 12:14:29 »
Sorry for the lack of an update.  I have been extremely busy and have had no real time to tinker. 

I am still quite enjoying the board and really like the 60g ergo clears.  The spacebar is not perfect on mine since I used the stock clear spring - I really think a 67g spring would be perfect.  The rest of the board has a nice tactile feel with the fairly soft spings and lube, while the spacebar feels a bit stiff.  Overall quite nice though. 

As far as leds, I haven't touched them.  I was planning on adding them to the esc and asdf keys, but just haven't had the time.  I will update when I get around to it.                                                                                                   

hmm, thinking about going with light spring weight clears for my next build
do your clears have any problems with the stem popping back up with that spring weight?

Offline Badwrench

• * Destiny Supporter
  • ummmm.....I forgot
« Reply #51 on: Tue, 17 May 2016, 12:20:27 »
Sorry for the lack of an update.  I have been extremely busy and have had no real time to tinker. 

I am still quite enjoying the board and really like the 60g ergo clears.  The spacebar is not perfect on mine since I used the stock clear spring - I really think a 67g spring would be perfect.  The rest of the board has a nice tactile feel with the fairly soft spings and lube, while the spacebar feels a bit stiff.  Overall quite nice though. 

As far as leds, I haven't touched them.  I was planning on adding them to the esc and asdf keys, but just haven't had the time.  I will update when I get around to it.                                                                                                   

hmm, thinking about going with light spring weight clears for my next build
do your clears have any problems with the stem popping back up with that spring weight?

I haven't had a single problem other than the spacebar.  When I had the 60g in there, it was just a little too much weight between the lubed stabilizers and large keycap, it had a very laggy feeling.  With the stock spring it pops right back.   Been using it quite a bit since I built it and still really enjoy it.  Note that I lubed both the sliders on the sides and the ramp with krytox heavy.  I applied it with a fine brush so that it was just enough to get a shine, but not enough to visibly see a thick coating. 
wut. i'd buy a ****ty IBM board for that green V2

Offline SBJ

• Tactile pls
« Reply #52 on: Thu, 19 May 2016, 00:49:49 »
Looks really good man!
How are those ergo clears?

Offline Badwrench

• * Destiny Supporter
  • ummmm.....I forgot
« Reply #53 on: Thu, 19 May 2016, 11:07:11 »
Looks really good man!
How are those ergo clears?
They are a really nice change from all my clicky switches.  I have heard that they are even better in the 62g to 67g varieties, but I still really enjoy mine. 

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

wut. i'd buy a ****ty IBM board for that green V2

Offline tacnificent

« Reply #54 on: Sat, 21 May 2016, 16:38:14 »
Looks good, haven't seen many TKL kits around and encouraging to see it doesn't take the usual month or so for something to arrive from China.

Offline Xelus22

« Reply #55 on: Wed, 29 June 2016, 02:51:54 »
Any more updates yet OP?