Author Topic: Introducing: Geekhack's librarians: The Keepers of The Faith  (Read 11773 times)

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
Introducing: Geekhack's librarians: The Keepers of The Faith
« on: Tue, 03 September 2013, 22:55:09 »
Folks,

As some of you may have noticed during a moment of mistaken board privileges (oops), we've been growing increasingly concerned with the impedance that mediawiki provides us for recording the collective knowledge of the gh community. In response to this, we've drawn from some of the most knowledgeable (and willing!) members of the community to help organize the communal knowledge in a new format, which we will be slowly rolling out and migrating our old wiki information to over the coming weeks and months. Please welcome the curation team that will spearhead this effort:

Cptbadass (but he's so new?!?!)
Jdcarpe
Photekq
Bluebar

Together, they will form The Keepers of the GH Faith, and help structure the reams upon reams of information that is spread somewhat haphazardly around the wiki, forum and community itself. Please welcome them again in their new role as The Keepers.

Thanks all!
-GUSHI KAWA

to all the brilliant friends who have left us, and all the students who climb on their shoulders.

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
  • sorry if i was ever an ******* to you
Re: Introducing: Geekhack's librarians: The Keepers of The Faith
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 03 September 2013, 23:00:06 »
We need some kind of rad, mythological team phrase like 'KEEPERS OF THE FAITH COME FORTH!'

Also, speaking of rad.. this badge man, this badge.
https://kbdarchive.org/
github
discord: hi mum#5710

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 03 September 2013, 23:04:44 »
uh, good luck...guess the wiki is just being abandoned? glad i spent all that time making infoboxes :P
11:48 -!- SmallFry [~SmallFry@unaffiliated/smallfry] has quit [Ping timeout: 245 seconds] ... rest in peace

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
« Reply #3 on: Tue, 03 September 2013, 23:04:55 »
courtesy of phetto:

we are not abandoning the wiki. we're abandoning mediawiki in favor of a language we already all speak: bbcode. point of fact: i still don't know what an infobox is. why can't it be just a box? in the near future, it will just be a box. the keepers will migrate all your infoboxes (that you can now use to argue with people on wikipedia -- see? you still learned something fun!) into the new bbcode based system.
« Last Edit: Tue, 03 September 2013, 23:08:44 by mkawa »

to all the brilliant friends who have left us, and all the students who climb on their shoulders.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #4 on: Tue, 03 September 2013, 23:13:01 »
kawa make up a group so i can be involved in something damn it :(
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
« Reply #5 on: Tue, 03 September 2013, 23:34:42 »
you can be king of geekhack if you build a dog car. that's kind of like a group. you might need some help with flocking though. i hear krog flocks a lot.

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #6 on: Tue, 03 September 2013, 23:36:48 »

Being my pope isn't enough? You should be out on the streets with a pope shark hat preaching. I shouldn't see you even posting till after dark!!

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #7 on: Tue, 03 September 2013, 23:38:11 »
you can be king of geekhack if you build a dog car. that's kind of like a group. you might need some help with flocking though. i hear krog flocks a lot.

he is the flocking man

Being my pope isn't enough? You should be out on the streets with a pope shark hat preaching. I shouldn't see you even posting till after dark!!

im still waiting on my sharkrobe!!!

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #8 on: Tue, 03 September 2013, 23:48:33 »
"Keepers of the Faith" - now we have another religion to follow :-\
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline MOZ

• KING OF THE NEWBIES
  • * Maker
  • Busy making stuff
« Reply #9 on: Wed, 04 September 2013, 06:03:00 »
Excellent nominations for the job!

I know you guys would do a great job. Ef ever you need any help, I would love to help out, although I know you won't need it :P

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #10 on: Wed, 04 September 2013, 06:56:26 »

And the religion here is information :P

I was half joking when I pitched the name since it's the name of a song and CD by a band called Terror. But I thought it was fitting anyways because above all else, GeekHack and GHers thrive on information. We spend so much time arguing, hunting down, and trying to process all this information.

Anyways, thanks to everyone who joined the team. I'm sorry I roped you into processing the Wiki and all the crazy projects mkawa and I will think of. :P  And if your name doesn't have the cute book next to it, we'll still need your help. The team and I will be more like guides. I envision it as we're the curators. We'll read over information that others post and clarify, fact-check, and just plain proof read information. I'm sure we'll end up doing other stuff (See Wiki migration, damn you kawa :P) but that's how I see things.

I'm sure i'll be posting more information and the lastest projects the Keepers are working on as rkinize migrates us to a new information system. And I feel your pain sth, I spent *hours* figuring out tables and pictures for the Clack Wiki.

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #11 on: Wed, 04 September 2013, 08:54:42 »
demik, we should start a group called Destroyers of the Faith, and then we run around inserting random sexual tidbits into wiki entries.

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #12 on: Wed, 04 September 2013, 09:08:13 »
demik, we should start a group called Destroyers of the Faith, and then we run around inserting random sexual tidbits into wiki entries.

And you don't do that now?

Also, happy to be a part of the team! :D
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #13 on: Wed, 04 September 2013, 09:20:35 »

See the funny thing is, I might keep those tidbits around. Just to see who's paying attention :P.

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #14 on: Wed, 04 September 2013, 09:21:24 »

And you don't do that now?

I just want a badge of recognition for it. Is that too much to ask?

Offline Krogenar

• The Kontrarian
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • "DO NOT BRING YOUR EVIL HERE." -Swamp Thing
    • Buried Planet
« Reply #15 on: Wed, 04 September 2013, 13:22:33 »

he is the flocking man

The thinly veiled derision of flocking has not gone unnoticed. Flock you all.
GeekHack Artwork Resources | The Living GeekHack Logo Thread | Signature Plastics ABS Chip Scanning Project | Krog Flocks Around | Keyboard Color Scheme Archive | [GB] PBT DyeSub DSA Granite Set
More
Quote from: Samuel Adams
"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."

Offline Tym

• [CTRL]ALT
  • * Maker
« Reply #16 on: Wed, 04 September 2013, 13:26:09 »
Would their Individual titles not be "keeper of the faith" ?
unless they have some unforeseeable downside (like they're actually made of cream cheese cunningly disguised as ABS)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #17 on: Wed, 04 September 2013, 17:35:17 »
Should the text next to the user icon say "Keeper of the Faith" rather than "Keepers of the Faith"?

Just as the vendor text says "Vendor" and not "Vendors".
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Tym

• [CTRL]ALT
  • * Maker
« Reply #18 on: Wed, 04 September 2013, 17:38:09 »
Oi rowdy stop stealing my thunder.
unless they have some unforeseeable downside (like they're actually made of cream cheese cunningly disguised as ABS)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #19 on: Wed, 04 September 2013, 17:47:07 »
Oi rowdy stop stealing my thunder.

Oops, sorry, I really should read the whole post before replying :-[

Offline Krogenar

• The Kontrarian
  • * Esteemed Elder
    • Buried Planet
« Reply #20 on: Wed, 04 September 2013, 17:48:50 »
(fanfare) .... Keepers of the Grammar! HUZZAH!!!!
GeekHack Artwork Resources | The Living GeekHack Logo Thread | Signature Plastics ABS Chip Scanning Project | Krog Flocks Around | Keyboard Color Scheme Archive | [GB] PBT DyeSub DSA Granite Set
More
"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #21 on: Wed, 04 September 2013, 17:55:23 »
(fanfare) .... Keepers of the Grammar! HUZZAH!!!!

This, except such individuals would be loved about as much as parking inspectors.

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #22 on: Wed, 04 September 2013, 18:13:16 »
Should the text next to the user icon say "Keeper of the Faith" rather than "Keepers of the Faith"?

Just as the vendor text says "Vendor" and not "Vendors".

Clearly you haven't read the Gaekhaxene creed.  This question was settled centuries ago:

The gaekhaxene faith is this: That we appoint one Team in Quadrinity, and Quadrinity in Unity; Neither confounding the Persons; nor dividing the Essence. For there is one Person of the CptBadAss; another of the jdcarpe; another of the Photekq; and another of the  Bluebar. But the Teamhead of the same, is all one; the Glory equal, the Majesty coeternal. Such as Cptbadass is; such is jdcarpe; and such are Photekq and Bluebar.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #23 on: Wed, 04 September 2013, 18:16:48 »
Seriously guys please, just read all the prophecies and creedos before you join GH ok? :P

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
« Reply #24 on: Wed, 04 September 2013, 19:33:36 »
i know, right? it's like these guys don't even know who The Whalebro is. CMON

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #25 on: Wed, 04 September 2013, 19:47:26 »
it's like these guys don't even know who The Whalebro is. CMON

I love Elzy

Offline eth0s

• Peace & Love
« Reply #26 on: Wed, 04 September 2013, 20:21:20 »

The Church of Halverson is a personal religion and you are your own keeper of faith.  However, you may need to seek spiritual guidance when you come to a keyboard crossroads, and that is where the collected wisdom held in trust for you, the believer, by the Keepers of the Faith plays a role.  They shall, by the will of mkawa, create, manage, hold, maintain, and endeavor to constantly improve, the most hallowed geekhack.org mediawiki, created for the purpose of assisting you on your journey toward keyboard enlightenment, rather than dictating your path.  You are the key.  You are also the lock.  A conundrum?  A riddle?  A quest?  Perhaps.  Check the wiki.
I ♥ Click Clack.  I ♥♥♥ Bro Caps.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #27 on: Wed, 04 September 2013, 23:27:39 »

i can get behind this.

IF YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #28 on: Thu, 05 September 2013, 02:05:24 »
I see what has happened.

Need to update this thread title now.

Offline Krogenar

• The Kontrarian
  • * Esteemed Elder
    • Buried Planet
« Reply #29 on: Thu, 05 September 2013, 07:02:33 »
Seriously guys please, just read all the prophecies and creedos credos before you join GH ok? :P

Keepers of the Grammar Forever!

Now... wait. It should be 'Grammar' not 'the Grammar', right?

:blank:

More

Offline mashby

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • What Up Shoney? (ツ)_/¯
    • Mashby
« Reply #30 on: Thu, 05 September 2013, 15:26:07 »
Congrats to everyone that joined the cult team. Looks like we have a good crew to build our new library!

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #31 on: Thu, 05 September 2013, 15:31:48 »
Congrats to everyone that joined the cult

Says a new inductee to the secret society cabal mod team. :))

Thanks!
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline mashby

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • What Up Shoney? (ツ)_/¯
    • Mashby
« Reply #32 on: Thu, 05 September 2013, 15:38:08 »
Congrats to everyone that joined the cult

Says a new inductee to the secret society cabal mod team. :))

Thanks!

Yea. Pass the kook-aid would you?!? Just because it's purple, doesn't mean you can drink it all.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #33 on: Wed, 09 October 2013, 19:03:46 »
Please see this thread for Our Mission Statement and current projects.

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
  • sorry if i was ever an ******* to you
« Reply #34 on: Wed, 09 October 2013, 19:07:54 »
Brilliant CPT. You have a talent for summing things up.
https://kbdarchive.org/
github
discord: hi mum#5710