Author Topic: Classifieds - separate section for keycaps and parts  (Read 9457 times)

Offline Vittra

• Airflow Optimizer
Classifieds - separate section for keycaps and parts
« on: Fri, 22 January 2016, 14:06:09 »
There are several different possible implementations:

1) Artisan keycap trade/sale subforum
2) Keycaps trade/sell subforum keycap for all kinds of keycaps - artisans, key sets, spare keys
3) Separate sections for built keyboards (1), parts and accessories (stems, springs, stabs, etc) (2), and artisan keycaps (3)

As it stands, the classifieds section feels cluttered to sift through when searching for specific things. The search function can of course be used, but can often miss items based on specific wording. With a large community growth into many areas of keyboarding, perhaps the classified section should be modified to better accommodate that :).

While I see this has been suggested before fairly recently, it was put forth in a less constructive way (imo).
Filco MJ Linear R LE TKL

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
Re: Classifieds - separate section for keycaps and parts
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 22 January 2016, 14:09:41 »
This has been considered before, but I believe that different people were in charge at the time.  There has also been talk of allowing fewer bumps to reduce clutter.

The mod team will discuss this, but in the meantime feel free to comment or post ideas.  It would be good to get a feel for how the community feels about this at this time.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #2 on: Fri, 22 January 2016, 14:10:13 »
All I can think of is poor mods having to move threads to the right subforums.  :))

Offline Vittra

• Airflow Optimizer
« Reply #3 on: Fri, 22 January 2016, 14:11:20 »
Regarding your first point, the three options are exclusive, you wouldn't use any combination of them.

One is specific to artisan keycaps, the other is a section for all types of keycaps, not just artisan. There is always the risk that when causing too much segmentation, one section may be too stagnant, so you may want to still consider options that amalgamate some things.

All I can think of is poor mods having to move threads to the right subforums.  :))

It's true, it could definitely cause some initial grief and potentially even on-going, that's something that would need to be considered.
« Last Edit: Fri, 22 January 2016, 14:14:35 by Vittra »
Filco MJ Linear R LE TKL