Author Topic: Suggestion regarding HeatWare...  (Read 9840 times)

Offline heatware

Suggestion regarding HeatWare...
« on: Sat, 12 March 2016, 00:43:12 »
Hey Mods,

I am the administrator of HeatWare, and I noticed that in the forum profile you have a field for a user to put in their user id #, thanks for doing that! I do have a better suggestion though. We now have an API available where you can actually validate that the user is correct and also get information like their Pos/Neu/Neg eval counts. That way, you can display that with a link to their profile next to each of their posts.

I also recommend including HeatWare in the Classifieds Tutorial.

Please e-mail me if you are interested in pursuing this - I think it would be a great addition to the site!

Thanks,
heat

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
Re: Suggestion regarding HeatWare...
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 12 March 2016, 01:11:30 »
I'd say "welcome to Geekhack", but looks like you joined a couple of years before me :eek:

Also you have a post count of 3, but only one post - must have been victims of r00tw0rm.

Anyway that might be a good idea, except it would also show how few feedbacks some people have.  I've participated in dozens of trades etc., and keep forgetting to ask people to leave me feedback, so I've only got 3 or 4 feedbacks.  Might give people the wrong idea about me ;)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline byker

• Literally Canada
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #2 on: Sat, 12 March 2016, 02:22:16 »
Hello there :)

I will ping the right people to see if they can take a look at this!

Offline Belfong

« Reply #3 on: Sat, 12 March 2016, 03:10:51 »
It would be awesome to see GH integrating Heatware even tightly!

Offline roostrc0gburn

• * Esteemed Elder
  • its just plastic
« Reply #4 on: Tue, 15 March 2016, 13:28:15 »
It would be awesome to see GH integrating Heatware even tightly!

+1 i am all for this.

sorry if you dont have much feedback on your profile, its just another part of the trade to follow up on...

Offline heatware

« Reply #5 on: Thu, 17 March 2016, 12:17:06 »

Hi byker,

Have you heard anything back yet regarding the forum integration? Perhaps you can give them my email address so I can talk to them directly?

Thanks,
heat

Offline byker

• Literally Canada
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #6 on: Thu, 17 March 2016, 13:16:33 »

Hi byker,

Have you heard anything back yet regarding the forum integration? Perhaps you can give them my email address so I can talk to them directly?

Thanks,
heat

Sending you a pm! :)