Author Topic: Newly-implemented changes to the Classifieds Rules. Please have a look!  (Read 98310 times)

Offline IPT

• Formerly projectD
  • * Exquisite Elder
Re: Upcoming changes to the Classifieds Rules. Please have a look!
« Reply #200 on: Fri, 07 March 2014, 17:53:16 »
k just wanted to make sure since you know lots of people like to pitchfork because of what they've read on these forums of so and so member.
im not saying its not deserved, but it does happen

Offline Krogenar

• The Kontrarian
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • "DO NOT BRING YOUR EVIL HERE." -Swamp Thing
    • Buried Planet
« Reply #201 on: Sat, 08 March 2014, 09:01:42 »
I appreciate the explicit lack of a stance here :thumb:

Thank you for listening to and acting on feedback!

I agree, the new paragraph is leaner and clearer. My only remaining critique (I know, right? What now Krog?!) is to perhaps change the "may be moderated" to "will be moderated." Being rude and insulting "may" result in moderator action? Again, thanks to the moderating team for listening.
GeekHack Artwork Resources | The Living GeekHack Logo Thread | Signature Plastics ABS Chip Scanning Project | Krog Flocks Around | Keyboard Color Scheme Archive | [GB] PBT DyeSub DSA Granite Set
More
Quote from: Samuel Adams
"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #202 on: Sat, 08 March 2014, 11:00:37 »
I appreciate the explicit lack of a stance here :thumb:

Thank you for listening to and acting on feedback!

I agree, the new paragraph is leaner and clearer. My only remaining critique (I know, right? What now Krog?!) is to perhaps change the "may be moderated" to "will be moderated." Being rude and insulting "may" result in moderator action? Again, thanks to the moderating team for listening.

That part actually has a difference in legal meaning, so it's going to stay as is :)  As well as other statements similar to it.
- Keyboards: LZ-GH (Jailhouse Blues)M65-a, MIRA SE, E8-V1, MOON TKL, CA66
- Keyboard Case Painting Tips -
- Join Mechanical Keyboards photography group on Flickr -

Offline GeorgeK

« Reply #203 on: Sun, 09 March 2014, 04:51:42 »
I'm all for these changes personally - FS threads without prices and auctions, in my opinion, have no place on an enthusiasts' forum.  Personally I also disagree with the notion of making profit from others - buying a keyboard for $100 and then selling it for $200 (even if it's worth $200 and you got yourself a huge bargain) goes against my principles entirely - you were lucky to spot such a bargain somewhere, now pass that luck on to someone else.  If you had personally done something to the board to improve it (fixed it up, modified it in some way) or spent your hard earned time in another way then I think making some profit is fair enough but not blatant profiteering... 

Can't wait for the new, fairer MP personally :thumb:

/my 2c
Black Filco TKL - Stickered, Lubed Reds || Poker w/Plate, Alu Case -  Stickered, Lubed 65g Ergo-Clears || Cherry G80-3700 w/SS Plate - Lubed 65g Ergo-Clears

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #204 on: Sun, 09 March 2014, 16:34:00 »
i thought you guys were going to crack down on this?

pacifist creates the same thread every few days. adding maybe one item.

old thread: http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54502.msg1221307#msg1221307
new thread: http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=55724.msg1253407#msg1253407

reason why this is okay?
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline Pacifist

• Report me *again* if there are gifs in my sig
  • * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #205 on: Sun, 09 March 2014, 16:52:33 »
i thought you guys were going to crack down on this?

pacifist creates the same thread every few days. adding maybe one item.

old thread: http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54502.msg1221307#msg1221307
new thread: http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=55724.msg1253407#msg1253407

reason why this is okay?

1. not yet official rules

2. mod has told me in PM that it is okay to make new threads as long as the old thread is locked

3. Changed up a lot of stuff: Removed:

WTB

DELL MECHANICALS

Looking for a black AT101 and a Dell with Salmon Alps, if you have any others too, just let me know.

G80-5000 ANSI Layout
Model Numbers: HAMAR, HAMKO, HAMRC, HAMUS, HAMRB, HAMRO, or HAA of the same last two letters. Basically anything ANSI

GMK thick ABS Keyset--Either Top two Rows or Whole Set, the cheapest the better. Don't care about shine.

leeku 1800 pcb presmd soldered, 1800 ss plate

AT Model F

2X Shifts, GMK

WTTF

White on Yellow Trans

and added the stuff for the gh60 pcb

removed 7 items, added 1, currently there are 4 items in total wanted vs 11

3. Have not made new thread every few days. Its been a month since the old one was made

4.. You have broken upcoming rules too, specifically the 2 thread limit. In fact, 6 of them

1.http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=55421.msg1244013#msg1244013
2. http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=55239.msg1238849#msg1238849
3. http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54632.msg1223806#msg1223806
4. http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54434.msg1219726#msg1219726
5. http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54347.msg1217328#msg1217328
6. http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=53993.msg1208259#msg1208259

I don't see why you can't edit one of the threads to include all of the stuff you need.
« Last Edit: Sun, 09 March 2014, 17:01:46 by Pacifist »

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #206 on: Sun, 09 March 2014, 16:58:32 »
all different items ;)

but lets see...

http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=53084.msg1181854#msg1181854
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=53655.msg1198278#msg1198278

same items. multiple times.

hell, you copy and paste from the prior thread.

but meh, mods aren't going to do anything anyway.
« Last Edit: Sun, 09 March 2014, 17:02:55 by demik »

Offline Pacifist

• * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #207 on: Sun, 09 March 2014, 17:04:44 »
all different items ;)

but lets see...

http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=53084.msg1181854#msg1181854
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=53655.msg1198278#msg1198278

same items. multiple times.

hell, you copy and paste from the prior thread.

but meh, mods aren't going to do anything anyway.

Do you not see that I sold 4 caps between the two threads?

Portal Mod--Pair of Two

$7+Ship (at cost)

DS ABS SOLD

Mario+Luigi Caps -- Pair of Two

$6+Ship (at cost)

DS ABS

Offline jwaz

• * based mod
  • #geekhack on freenode
« Reply #208 on: Sun, 09 March 2014, 17:05:57 »
I guess you both have a pretty good grasp on the way it works now, huh?

Thanks for trying to help keep the classifieds clean so everyone has a fair shot.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #209 on: Sun, 09 March 2014, 17:08:00 »
dont delete my comments.

Do you not see that I sold 4 caps between the two threads?

if you don't understand what the problem is, i feel sorry for your future.
« Last Edit: Sun, 09 March 2014, 17:09:34 by demik »

Offline jwaz

• * based mod
  • #geekhack on freenode
« Reply #210 on: Sun, 09 March 2014, 17:10:00 »
dont delete my comments.

Then don't insult other members, it's really that simple. if you two don't have anything constructive to add then please don't post here.

Offline riotonthebay

• Cherry Peasant
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • keycult.com
« Reply #211 on: Fri, 14 March 2014, 19:52:25 »
Does announcing a price drop constitute a bump? i.e. Can it be done within 24 hours of the last post? (Within reason of course, no 1 cent price drops.)

Offline Pacifist

• * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #212 on: Fri, 14 March 2014, 20:06:28 »
Does announcing a price drop constitute a bump? i.e. Can it be done within 24 hours of the last post? (Within reason of course, no 1 cent price drops.)

I don't really see why somebody would drop their price twice in 24 hrs

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #213 on: Fri, 14 March 2014, 20:13:32 »
According to the new rules, announcing a price drop would happen in the OP of your thread, with no reason to bump until 24 hours from the last post in the thread (not necessarily YOUR last post in the thread).
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline riotonthebay

• Cherry Peasant
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • keycult.com
« Reply #214 on: Fri, 14 March 2014, 20:16:09 »

According to the new rules, announcing a price drop would happen in the OP of your thread, with no reason to bump until 24 hours from the last post in the thread (not necessarily YOUR last post in the thread).

Thanks for the clarification.

Offline Dyslexic

• All we love we leave behind
« Reply #215 on: Tue, 18 March 2014, 11:37:44 »
I didn't see anything in the OP re: when these new rules take effect. Anyone know a timeline for when they intend to implement these changes?
| HHKB Type-S | FC660C Silenced | ReΛlforce 23UB

Offline HipsterPunks

• Gangmember
  • * Maker
« Reply #216 on: Wed, 19 March 2014, 21:55:16 »
"Use the Artisan Services section [link--new Subforum to be created] for any custom services, such as keyboard modification (including soldering services for sale), keyboard accessory-making services (including custom keycaps, wrist rests, sleeved cables, controllers), and the like."

Does this mean i cant sell my caps in the classifieds anymore?
sell out and eat ass

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #217 on: Wed, 19 March 2014, 21:55:53 »
You'd post them in that new subforum instead.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #218 on: Wed, 19 March 2014, 22:22:05 »
I think the 24hr rule on bump could be reconsider. I know is needed to avoid to get the board filled with ads, however exposure is required for the things to sale. You should consider that during normal hours the posts in the spy on latest forum posts may last a few minutes, maybe around fifteen, but during peak hours the posts last under 5 minutes. That means 24hr bump equals only a few minutes of exposure. I suggest a shorter term for bumping. Maybe each 12 hr.

Other option may be to add some code to make a rotation of classified adds at certain time, let say each 12 hours, to allow the active posters to gain exposure for the interested parties that check the classifieds. The option with this code may have a link at the menu or at the homepage.

The code functionality may be similar to the show unread topics since the last visit, but within the scope of the classifieds only, and it should sort the adds FIFO, at 12 or 24 hours intervals.
« Last Edit: Wed, 19 March 2014, 22:27:39 by ideus »

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #219 on: Wed, 19 March 2014, 22:28:15 »
I think the 24hr rule on bump could be reconsider. I know is needed to avoid to get the board filled with ads, however exposure is required for the things to sale. You should consider that during normal hours the posts in the spy on latest forum posts may last a few minutes, maybe around fifteen, but during peak hours the posts last under 5 minutes. That means 24hr bump equals only a few minutes of exposure. I suggest a shorter term for bumping. Maybe each 12 hr.

Other option may be to add some code to make a rotation of classified adds at certain time, let say each 12 hours, to allow the active posters to gain exposure for the interested parties that check the classifieds. The option with this code may have a link at the menu or at the homepage.

If people are that interesting in buying something they will go check the classifieds and not rely on spy.

And more bumping would only make it harder to stay on the first page of the classifieds, much less near the top of the first page :D

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #220 on: Wed, 19 March 2014, 22:30:18 »

If people are that interesting in buying something they will go check the classifieds and not rely on spy.

And more bumping would only make it harder to stay on the first page of the classifieds, much less near the top of the first page :D

That is why I suggested the FIFO sorting also, within the classifieds.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #221 on: Wed, 19 March 2014, 22:34:51 »

That just seems to complicate things, I always stick with K.I.S.S.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #222 on: Wed, 19 March 2014, 22:37:06 »

What's that? I hope I am not biting the bait.  :(

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #223 on: Wed, 19 March 2014, 22:40:14 »

keep it simple stupid :D

Not calling you stupid, it is just a saying I thought everyone knew that....I must be getting old.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KISS_principle
« Last Edit: Wed, 19 March 2014, 22:42:08 by SpAmRaY »

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #224 on: Wed, 19 March 2014, 22:40:20 »

K.I.S.S. - keep it simple stupid.

A design philosophy.

Edit: ninjad - I should know SpAmRaY is haunting the Spy.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #225 on: Wed, 19 March 2014, 22:43:15 »

Not calling you stupid, it is just a saying I thought everyone knew that....I must be getting old.

Well that's my point. To develop a simple "click a link" automated way to get the rotary ads search. And yeah, I think you are getting older  ;) .

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #226 on: Wed, 19 March 2014, 22:47:56 »

Well that's my point. To develop a simple "click a link" automated way to get the rotary ads search. And yeah, I think you are getting older  ;) .

What's wrong with going to classifieds sub-forum and browsing he thread titles.....it doesn't get any easier than that.

I guess I don't understand the benefit of what you are talking about wanting to do.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #227 on: Wed, 19 March 2014, 22:52:27 »

What's wrong with going to classifieds sub-forum and browsing he thread titles.....it doesn't get any easier than that.

I guess I don't understand the benefit of what you are talking about wanting to do.

Its a never ending list. The point is to get your stuff some exposure periodically, without any need for bumping. Anyways. it was just a suggestion. I had a hard time selling things here once. I am sure others also. Well, not the long time GHers who always get some help. Not complaining though.  :thumb:

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #228 on: Wed, 19 March 2014, 22:54:24 »
The 24-hour bump rule is pretty solid I think.

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #229 on: Wed, 19 March 2014, 23:56:01 »
One of the goals of the new system is to have cleaner, more organized Classifieds, such that it's easier to scan and won't be a problem to look beyond the first page.  Right now, it's just a random spam-fest where everyone just wants to be on page 1 all the time, but there's nothing wrong with looking beyond page 1 if the titles are up-to-date and posts are easy to read and information is current.  There's no need to bump more often than once a day.

Offline Pacifist

• * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #230 on: Wed, 19 March 2014, 23:58:17 »
One of the goals of the new system is to have cleaner, more organized Classifieds, such that it's easier to scan and won't be a problem to look beyond the first page.  Right now, it's just a random spam-fest where everyone just wants to be on page 1 all the time, but there's nothing wrong with looking beyond page 1 if the titles are up-to-date and posts are easy to read and information is current.  There's no need to bump more often than once a day.

Yea, classifieds is a huge cluster right now. No reason to have more bumps, its already too clustered.

I really support having clear titles, but the problem is if you have a bunch of stuff you need to sell, you run out of title room. But for say 3 items its good enough

If somebody is truely desperate for something, they will use search and find it.

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #231 on: Thu, 20 March 2014, 00:10:03 »
You don't need to list the full expanded item name in the title, like "[WTS] KMAC 2 full kit with cable and box and bags of accessories and an extra plate, Filco Majestouch-2 TKL MX Browns in White".  You could just say "[WTS] KMAC2 kit, Filco TKL keyboard, full keycap sets". 

Is it good to list 50 items in a sale list anyway?  Not really, because discussion can easily get confused between questions and answers for each item on the list.  I'm reluctant to say what the maximum number of items per sale should be, but it's reasonable to propose that selling up to 4-5 different things at a time is enough for most people.  Once they are sold, one can start a new listing with new stuff.  Those mega-sale threads happen periodically, but they are a small percent of total sale threads, usually stemming from situations like "house burned down--selling everything" or "I'm done with keyboards--selling everything".  The new rules would discourage mega-sale threads naturally, as you're right, you can't list 50 items in a title clearly without just calling it "keyboard stuff".

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
« Reply #232 on: Sat, 22 March 2014, 21:06:23 »
one major deal-killing problem with an automatically rotating classifieds forum sort is that it pops dead threads back up to the top of the forum stack. not everyone does or should close their threads immediately after a sale or otherwise indicate that it's sold. afaic fredmiranda's classifieds forum is the gold standard in classifieds forum implementations and it does have a sold indicator flag in the db. however, even FM requires you to bump by hand (although they software-enforce the minimum time between bumps). this actually makes quite a bit of sense. if you really want to sell something, you will pop it up around the minimum time interval. if you're less motivated, or the item is sold and you're just too busy/whatever to annotate that, you generally won't. in short, even very high volume custom forums allow users to self-organize. it just makes sense. it's like user-level retry (the fresh button) in http.

to all the brilliant friends who have left us, and all the students who climb on their shoulders.

Offline Krogenar

• The Kontrarian
  • * Esteemed Elder
    • Buried Planet
« Reply #233 on: Sun, 23 March 2014, 08:09:14 »
When creating a new post, users are given the option of selecting a "message icon" (notes, a lightbulb, etc.) -- what about making a modded version of that system just for classifieds with icons for "WTS", "WTB" and so on -- a small thing, but it might make the Classifieds section cleaner looking and easier to navigate. If there were a way to sort on those icons, that would be even better.
GeekHack Artwork Resources | The Living GeekHack Logo Thread | Signature Plastics ABS Chip Scanning Project | Krog Flocks Around | Keyboard Color Scheme Archive | [GB] PBT DyeSub DSA Granite Set
More
"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
« Reply #234 on: Sun, 23 March 2014, 12:11:02 »
that is a freaking fantastic idea. i demand awesome little pngs for those icons though. lastpilot? krog? anyone want to try their hand at designing some cool little icons?

to all the brilliant friends who have left us, and all the students who climb on their shoulders.

Offline divito

« Reply #235 on: Sun, 23 March 2014, 20:07:54 »
To clean up the classifieds sub-forum, an easy idea would be to maintain it like the vendor forum, with child boards for WTS, WTB, WTT etc... This will allow people with certain motivations to avoid sifting through thread titles to find what they want. If I'm looking to only see what people are selling, I can go to the one child board for WTS, and avoid threads of people looking for things or desiring trades.

A potential downside is one user having to maintain several threads instead of one, but I feel the user experience for other members and cleanliness of this method outweighs that downside.

My other main irk with the classifieds sub-forum relates to utilizing old threads for new items. You end up with multi-page threads with content unrelated to the subsequent new items that people have added to their thread. Rather than deleting the threads, I have to read the update dates, as well as sift through posts to see when the most current questions/answers begin. Some of the time, as mentioned previously in this thread, you have old sell threads bumped for strictly discussion that can take place in other areas.

A way to avoid such an instance is to cap time a thread can stay open. Let's say all classified threads have a 30-day limit, then they're deleted. If you don't sell all your items, or have new ones to add after the time period, you must re-list; not unlike some websites for classifieds or eBay.
Varmilo (MX Grey) KeyCool 87 (MX Clear) Quickfire Stealth (MX Green)

Offline Moderation Team

• * Global Moderator
Re: Newly-implemented changes to the Classifieds Rules. Please have a look!
« Reply #236 on: Mon, 24 March 2014, 14:48:22 »
Attention: the new rules have been implemented!  Please continue discussing them in this thread.

The 2-month and 25-post promotion did not make it into the current release because we are still ironing out technical details, but it will be implemented soon.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #237 on: Mon, 24 March 2014, 15:04:03 »
yay, more subforums to add to the already cluttered home page.

Offline Melvang

• Exquisite Lord of Bumfluff
  • * Maker
  • Melvang's Desktop Customs
« Reply #238 on: Mon, 24 March 2014, 22:29:28 »
To clean up the classifieds sub-forum, an easy idea would be to maintain it like the vendor forum, with child boards for WTS, WTB, WTT etc... This will allow people with certain motivations to avoid sifting through thread titles to find what they want. If I'm looking to only see what people are selling, I can go to the one child board for WTS, and avoid threads of people looking for things or desiring trades.

A potential downside is one user having to maintain several threads instead of one, but I feel the user experience for other members and cleanliness of this method outweighs that downside.

My other main irk with the classifieds sub-forum relates to utilizing old threads for new items. You end up with multi-page threads with content unrelated to the subsequent new items that people have added to their thread. Rather than deleting the threads, I have to read the update dates, as well as sift through posts to see when the most current questions/answers begin. Some of the time, as mentioned previously in this thread, you have old sell threads bumped for strictly discussion that can take place in other areas.

A way to avoid such an instance is to cap time a thread can stay open. Let's say all classified threads have a 30-day limit, then they're deleted. If you don't sell all your items, or have new ones to add after the time period, you must re-list; not unlike some websites for classifieds or eBay.

I actually rather like this idea with having the sub forums setup for selling, buying, and trading.
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline Krogenar

• The Kontrarian
  • * Esteemed Elder
    • Buried Planet
« Reply #239 on: Tue, 25 March 2014, 07:53:42 »
that is a freaking fantastic idea. i demand awesome little pngs for those icons though. lastpilot? krog? anyone want to try their hand at designing some cool little icons?

F=Free (hey, it happens!)
T=Trade
S=Sale
B=Buy

These are 20x20 pixels, same as the existing message icons.

Meh, I'd have to clean up the transparencies on those, but that's the general idea.
« Last Edit: Tue, 25 March 2014, 07:56:58 by Krogenar »
More

Offline damorgue

• Personal portfolio
« Reply #240 on: Wed, 02 April 2014, 05:21:46 »
I still think the new system heavily favours CONUS selling. I for one never check threads with too few items in it, as buying just one item isn't worth it. In order for the price of shipping to be reasonable or at least less than the value of the item, one has to buy a few items from the same seller. Having to check several threads of a user, and still limiting them on what to put in them will simply mean that I for one will stop using the GH classifieds.

I stand by all my previous comments that this is inefficient, skewed towards certain users and along with past reasoning will lead to less sales and a more cluttered classifieds which will put higher demands on moderation.

Offline Pacifist

• * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #241 on: Mon, 07 April 2014, 20:48:10 »
Only list for sale or trade items that are already in your possession.  Include clear photographs of your items (in good light -- no blurry night-time “potato shots”) along with your Geekhack.org user name and the date the photograph was taken. (Example)

Do we need to put GeekHack on the sticky note?

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
  • * Maker
  • REEEeeeeEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeee
« Reply #242 on: Mon, 07 April 2014, 21:05:39 »

Just write what you call it on reddit all the time 'GeekWhack'

Offline HPE1000

• Keycap Paparazzo
« Reply #243 on: Mon, 07 April 2014, 21:14:10 »

lololol

Offline Dubsgalore

• Banned
  • Location: 75% You have received a warning for attempting to circumvent the classifieds rules
    • Dubs - Sneakers, Keyboards, and Life
« Reply #244 on: Mon, 07 April 2014, 21:18:05 »

#rekt

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #245 on: Tue, 08 April 2014, 14:08:49 »

^-^

Offline IPT

• Formerly projectD
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #246 on: Fri, 11 April 2014, 09:45:56 »
so the fact that these rules are in effect and yet 90% of the threads in classified still don't adhere to them, can we just remove the rules? lol

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #247 on: Fri, 11 April 2014, 09:50:34 »
so the fact that these rules are in effect and yet 90% of the threads in classified still don't adhere to them, can we just remove the rules? lol

Or maybe start reporting the posts so the mods can take action? Mods aren't omniscient...
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline IPT

• Formerly projectD
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #248 on: Fri, 11 April 2014, 09:51:56 »

Or maybe start reporting the posts so the mods can take action? Mods aren't omniscient...

then whats the point of having the marketplace mod =P
but seriously, maybe put a time constraint of updating the thread b4 its locked/deleted?  I know on EVGA if you don't follow their marketplace rules, they give you 24 hours to update it or they'll lock the thread and delete the contents.

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #249 on: Fri, 11 April 2014, 11:53:42 »
We have been contacting people via PM or posting in their threads to get them to comply.  There are a lot of threads and this is a significant change to the rules.  Give it some time.

Also, there is no dedicated marketplace moderator and we are understaffed on global moderators.  Reports are helpful. :thumb: