geekhack Marketplace > MechanicalKeyboards.com

Cherry Switch Shortage

<< < (8/8)

WRXChris:

--- Quote from: OrangeJewce;619502 ---Cnet? Really? :twitch:

Cheers,
--- End quote ---

you're welcome to link to a more worthy site.  I'm on my tablet; sometimes the first google search result is easiest.. Anyways, back on topic.

ShakeR:

--- Quote from: WRXChris;619496 ---http://news.cnet.com/8301-1023_3-57322966-93/logitech-confesses-to-gigantic-mistake-with-google-tv/
--- End quote ---

Ouch. I cry when I send out a $360 order to a con artist in Vietnam.  Can't imagine a $100 million mistake...

I think you have very valid point in relating this to Logitech's hesitance to enter the Mechanical Keyboard market.  They've got cold feet. 2013 could be the foot warmer though ;)

Matias:

--- Quote from: ShakeR;619749 ---Ouch. I cry when I send out a $360 order to a con artist in Vietnam.  Can't imagine a $100 million mistake...
--- End quote ---

And you still have your job -- which is more than former Logitech CEO Guerrino De Luca can say, since he lost his over this mistake.

--- Quote ---I think you have very valid point in relating this to Logitech's hesitance to enter the Mechanical Keyboard market.  They've got cold feet. 2013 could be the foot warmer though ;)
--- End quote ---

2013 could be worse.  Germany is sinking the European economy, which is one of Logitech's major markets.  2013 could be very ugly indeed.

TexasFlood:

--- Quote from: Matias;619761 ---And you still have your job -- which is more than former Logitech CEO Guerrino De Luca can say, since he lost his over this mistake.
--- End quote ---
Don't such executives who screw up and lose their jobs also typically take millions with them out the door?

Forgive me if I don't cry for them. Maybe I'm jealous of these golden parachutes but just seems wrong.

Matias:
Don't know if that happened in this case.

The tides seem to be slowly turning on those sorts of deals.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version