geekhack Marketplace > Zeal PC

R4 Zealio Switch/Zeal60RGB/Zealencio Silencing Clips/Transparent Screw-in Stabs!

<< < (177/177)

Wilba:

--- Quote from: iamtootallforthis on Sun, 31 December 2017, 00:20:52 ---
--- Quote from: childofthehorn on Sun, 31 December 2017, 00:17:09 ---Hey Folks,

I am having a problem with my Zeal60 R3 from the Massdrop buy that I just finished building (with full soldered Holtites no less).
3 E D X

^ None of those keys work. all things look fine on the back of the PCB and the switches are working, regardless of config. I haven't tested the diodes yet, but wondering if anyone else had this problem and/or knows what the issue is. I even recompiled everything to make sure, so yeah....

Right now, I am guessing that I have a bad diode in there somewhere as that is a curios place to "go bad" so sequentially and I do have plenty of smd diodes to handle if needed.

--- End quote ---

Reflow the diodes first.

--- End quote ---

It's obvious there's an issue with the switch matrix column, which is irrelevant to the diodes.

Contact me via PM and I can help you troubleshoot.

childofthehorn:

--- Quote from: Wilba on Sun, 31 December 2017, 00:27:15 ---
--- Quote from: iamtootallforthis on Sun, 31 December 2017, 00:20:52 ---
--- Quote from: childofthehorn on Sun, 31 December 2017, 00:17:09 ---Hey Folks,

I am having a problem with my Zeal60 R3 from the Massdrop buy that I just finished building (with full soldered Holtites no less).
3 E D X

^ None of those keys work. all things look fine on the back of the PCB and the switches are working, regardless of config. I haven't tested the diodes yet, but wondering if anyone else had this problem and/or knows what the issue is. I even recompiled everything to make sure, so yeah....

Right now, I am guessing that I have a bad diode in there somewhere as that is a curios place to "go bad" so sequentially and I do have plenty of smd diodes to handle if needed.

--- End quote ---

Reflow the diodes first.

--- End quote ---

It's obvious there's an issue with the switch matrix column, which is irrelevant to the diodes.

--- End quote ---

PM Sent. would prefer not to get out the logic analyzer or scope if possible. #vacation

childofthehorn:

--- Quote from: childofthehorn on Sun, 31 December 2017, 00:29:54 ---
--- Quote from: Wilba on Sun, 31 December 2017, 00:27:15 ---

--- End quote ---

Reflowed all the chips, despite them looking good with no visible bridges. Turns out there was too much solder hidden at the back of chips and the column was 10ohm to ground. Drawing out the chips and re-doing the solder (braid + new solder), cleaning with alcohol, and reflashing made everything happy. Seen this before and not uncommon out of the oven or just with how new or saturated the paste used was, no fault here.

Thanks to Wilba for some technical details which made it easier to debug! Not to mention, amazing customer service!
Show Image

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version