geekhack Marketplace > Zeal PC

[PO] R5 Zealios / Zealencios / Transparent Screw-in Stabs / Zeal60 Rev2

<< < (2/41) > >>

pomk:

--- Quote from: Zeal on Wed, 01 February 2017, 09:46:50 ---
--- Quote from: pomk on Wed, 01 February 2017, 03:08:58 ---I noticed that the first batch of zeal60's were made by pcbway. Any reason for switching the manufacturer?

--- End quote ---

Manufacturer did not change. It wasn't produced by pcbway.

--- End quote ---
Oh, sorry for the confusion. They just have your boards on their site for a soldermask color example picture.

Zeal:

--- Quote from: pomk on Wed, 01 February 2017, 12:58:08 ---
--- Quote from: Zeal on Wed, 01 February 2017, 09:46:50 ---
--- Quote from: pomk on Wed, 01 February 2017, 03:08:58 ---I noticed that the first batch of zeal60's were made by pcbway. Any reason for switching the manufacturer?

--- End quote ---

Manufacturer did not change. It wasn't produced by pcbway.

--- End quote ---
Oh, sorry for the confusion. They just have your boards on their site for a soldermask color example picture.

--- End quote ---

That was one of the early Rev 0 prototypes during testing phase. You can see the 60 didn't come out properly...

pomk:
Thanks for the info! I have been using them and was just wondering if there was something off about that firm.

Wilba:

--- Quote from: pomk on Wed, 01 February 2017, 16:09:22 ---Thanks for the info! I have been using them and was just wondering if there was something off about that firm.

--- End quote ---

While good, fast and cheap is technically impossible, PCBWay come close. They are definitely fast and cheap, and the quality is good, with only the occasional mistake during production, but they certainly don't offer free replacements. With prices that cheap, I don't blame them. FWIW I only use them for prototype PCBs and never ordered more than 10 - don't consider this an endorsement for anything else.

jrmobley:
The Zealencio page says,

--- Quote ---Both bottom out and up stroke sounds are dampened while using Cherry profile keycaps. OEM/DSA/DCS/SA caps have the upstroke silenced only.
--- End quote ---

Why is that?  And do you happen to know if XDA profile caps would be silenced on the downstroke?

-JR

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version