Author Topic: [GB] GMK Solarized Dark - COMPLETE  (Read 227027 times)

Offline MajorKoos

• 1 life please. Extra large.
Re: [GB] GMK Solarized Dark - 2nd Batch of Samples shipped
« Reply #200 on: Fri, 15 December 2017, 10:33:30 »
We never discussed changing the grey, this was jchan's own opinion but something that wasn't decided on by rainb1ood, gatix and me. It stays the same. The colors that we decided to ask new samples for are the mod base and alpha base colors. As for the time it will take we have no idea, we haven't received the new samples, GMK didn't give a tracking number, and we have no idea when the samples will arrive.

Thanks for clarifying.

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
« Reply #201 on: Tue, 19 December 2017, 17:11:38 »
This is not much of an update, but I haven't received the samples yet. We're not sure why GMK sent it without tracking, and it would've been preferable if they charged us for expedited shipping.

"haters are confused admirers"

Offline jaesen

• holy ****, this hobby is expensive
« Reply #202 on: Thu, 21 December 2017, 18:50:17 »
Might be a little too late to ask but will the dark modifier set come with a green legend 1u R4 Fn key? I'm planning on doing the hhkb layout but using the coloured legends. Cheers!
KBD8x mkii | Duck Orion v2.5 | Satisfaction 75 | IRON165 | Aurora Input Series 65 | Vega | LZ Phase

Wishlist: Constellation

Offline rainb1ood

• so pretty so plastic
« Reply #203 on: Fri, 22 December 2017, 07:13:24 »
Update: GMK sent us an email this morning, they have sent another sample as the last one may have been lost in the mail. This time its via UPS and should arrive by December 27

Offline brianjking

• always carry a towel.
    • @brianjking
« Reply #204 on: Wed, 27 December 2017, 12:39:53 »
Update: GMK sent us an email this morning, they have sent another sample as the last one may have been lost in the mail. This time its via UPS and should arrive by December 27

Ok, so if the samples arrive today and look good are we now 16 weeks from today to get this produced?
TGR 910 (Healios) | HHKB BT KBDFans Silence-X | Roadkit (Cherry MX Silent Blacks) |Leopold FC750r (Cherry MX Silent Reds |TADA68 (Zealios) | HHKB Pro 2 Type-S w/ Hasu BT | HHKB Pro 2 JP w/ Hasu BT & KBDFans Silence-X | RAMA M10-A w/ Zealios TINA-C w/ Cherry MX Silent Blacks HHKB BT Type-S

Offline Oblotzky

• Backspace is for people that make mistakes.
« Reply #205 on: Wed, 27 December 2017, 12:45:48 »

Ok, so if the samples arrive today and look good are we now 16 weeks from today to get this produced?

No, we are far along the GMK queue. Once the colors are confirmed it will take about another 2 weeks for the full amount of plastic to arrive. Once that has arrived at the factory they'll start production and sorting.

Offline rainb1ood

• so pretty so plastic
Re: [GB] GMK Solarized Dark - 2nd Samples lost in mail, GMK shipped replacement
« Reply #206 on: Thu, 28 December 2017, 18:22:01 »
Update

New samples arrived on the 27th, we have discussed with thesiscamper and gatix and we’ve agreed to approve new samples except for new legend.

Here are the images of the new samples
https://imgur.com/a/uWZIQ
« Last Edit: Thu, 28 December 2017, 19:19:04 by rainb1ood »

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
Re: [GB] GMK Solarized Dark - Colors approved
« Reply #207 on: Thu, 28 December 2017, 18:25:51 »
Which is which

Offline rainb1ood

• so pretty so plastic
« Reply #208 on: Thu, 28 December 2017, 18:29:19 »
Sorry forgot to type that :p

On mobile at the moment but heres a reference

185362-0

« Last Edit: Thu, 28 December 2017, 19:00:56 by rainb1ood »

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
« Reply #209 on: Thu, 28 December 2017, 19:17:16 »
Here are the chosen colors:

Here's the reference mock-up:

We chose the old alpha legend color, as the new sample is virtually white and wasn't really requested by rainb1ood, gatix and me.

The new alpha base color looks too dark in the photos, but it's really hard to capture the color. It is very close to the mock-ups I did, at least the way I see it in my monitor (Dell IPS).
« Last Edit: Thu, 28 December 2017, 19:45:06 by thesiscamper »

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #210 on: Thu, 28 December 2017, 19:21:25 »
Good to know, those look pretty damn close. What's the time frame like now?

Offline rainb1ood

• so pretty so plastic
« Reply #211 on: Thu, 28 December 2017, 19:31:03 »
I’ll send another email shortly to GMK about that inquiry, although I think they’ll respond on January 2nd according to their auto response I received earlier.

Sorry cant give you answer right now :(

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
« Reply #212 on: Thu, 28 December 2017, 19:49:05 »
Might be a little too late to ask but will the dark modifier set come with a green legend 1u R4 Fn key? I'm planning on doing the hhkb layout but using the coloured legends. Cheers!

Upon checking the GMK mock-ups, it looks like we don't have a colored Fn included with the kit.

Offline Kavik

« Reply #213 on: Fri, 29 December 2017, 09:52:33 »
The new samples look perfect. Thanks for the update!
Maybe they're waiting for gasmasks and latex to get sexy again.

The world has become a weird place.

Offline pr0ximity

« Reply #214 on: Fri, 29 December 2017, 13:42:21 »
Hyped, glad things are progressing positively  :D
| Flickr | KMAC 1.2 | Koala | GSKT-00-Z | GSKT-00-AEK | GON NerD60 | Jane V2 CE | Whale | J80S | Ibis | Pro2 | Pro1 | 356mini | 356CL DGE | G80-5000 HAMDE | IBM 1390120 | IBM F AT | IBM F122 | IBM 3101 | Zenith Z-150

Offline amnesia0287

• Formerly Amnesia
« Reply #215 on: Fri, 29 December 2017, 16:27:07 »

blaaaaaaah

Why did you have to point this out. every single board I have uses a split right shift >_<. sadness.

now i almost wish id gotten an ergodox just for a blank. wonder how hard it would be to run a GB just for that key lol.

Offline jaesen

« Reply #216 on: Fri, 29 December 2017, 17:40:13 »

blaaaaaaah

Why did you have to point this out. every single board I have uses a split right shift >_<. sadness.

now i almost wish id gotten an ergodox just for a blank. wonder how hard it would be to run a GB just for that key lol.
Haha, I'd join it if it happened. I really want the key too :(
KBD8x mkii | Duck Orion v2.5 | Satisfaction 75 | IRON165 | Aurora Input Series 65 | Vega | LZ Phase

Offline amnesia0287

• Formerly Amnesia
« Reply #217 on: Sat, 30 December 2017, 01:22:50 »

blaaaaaaah

Haha, I'd join it if it happened. I really want the key too :(

The problem would be moq.  I don’t think they even sold 250 mod kits. But since it’s a custom color we still would need 250. I think it’s something like $2-3 a key, so somewhere in the $600-1000 range.

We’d need something like half the people who got the mod kit to buy in for like 2-3 caps each if we wanted to get it down to something reasonable like $5-10 a person.

I only bought this set to use with the color mods though, which it looks like I won’t have a use for. Guess it will probably be a quick flip on this one. Such an odd omission. They even have all the different versions of Control and an hhkb delete. Bummer.

Offline manzel

« Reply #218 on: Sat, 30 December 2017, 06:23:59 »
Could you not just use the R4 Fn key from the base kit? All legends from the mod kit have different colors anyway, so the cyan would just be another different legend color.

Offline amnesia0287

• Formerly Amnesia
« Reply #219 on: Sat, 30 December 2017, 07:23:03 »
Could you not just use the R4 Fn key from the base kit? All legends from the mod kit have different colors anyway, so the cyan would just be another different legend color.

The colors are done in rows, so Caps lock and enter are 1 color, tab and |\ are another. It would be jarring to me to not have the fn key match the row. Same reason I would never use the color mods on a 65%.

I guess I’d nothing else the normal mods will probably look pretty nice with the nautilus alphas.

It’s my own fault for not noticing. Is just a bummer. I’ll probably see if there are extra ergodox kits just to get a blank lol. That said Im not sure I even like the final color anyway. I hope it looks better in person.

Offline Helldrop

« Reply #220 on: Sat, 30 December 2017, 09:56:43 »
Here are the chosen colors:

Show Image

Here's the reference mock-up:

Show Image

We chose the old alpha legend color, as the new sample is virtually white and wasn't really requested by rainb1ood, gatix and me.

The new alpha base color looks too dark in the photos, but it's really hard to capture the color. It is very close to the mock-ups I did, at least the way I see it in my monitor (Dell IPS).

Much better than before. Good job.

Offline kmba

• Formerly tameone
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #221 on: Sat, 30 December 2017, 14:56:01 »
lol you're barely gonna notice the off color fn key.  just use the tu2 cap :D
keyboards.

Offline amnesia0287

• Formerly Amnesia
« Reply #222 on: Sat, 30 December 2017, 15:41:06 »

I am extremely ocd about such things. It will not be something I would barely notice.

Like I said. It’s my own fault.

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
« Reply #223 on: Sat, 30 December 2017, 20:11:38 »

I am extremely ocd about such things. It will not be something I would barely notice.

The colored mods were a relatively late addition, and we tried to keep the kit as small as possible. If there were enough requests we would've added it. It is unfortunate that this one key leaves you disappointed. We hope you will change your mind when you receive the kits, or at least be able to pass it on to someone who likes if you're still unhappy.

Offline kmba

• Formerly tameone
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #224 on: Sat, 30 December 2017, 20:18:00 »

but they're not all the same color in each row.  bottom row for example, and even more if you use iso enter.  I just have a feeling that when all assembled, the tu2 fn will not look out of place.
keyboards.

Offline amnesia0287

• Formerly Amnesia
« Reply #225 on: Sat, 30 December 2017, 20:58:29 »

The colored mods were a relatively late addition, and we tried to keep the kit as small as possible. If there were enough requests we would've added it. It is unfortunate that this one key leaves you disappointed. We hope you will change your mind when you receive the kits, or at least be able to pass it on to someone who likes if you're still unhappy.

Oh, no doubt. I didn’t mean to sound like upset or anything. It’s impossible to judge with photos or renders. I loved the nautilus renders, and hated it in photos. In person I hate the mods and love the alphas so I’m still keeping it.

My only real concern is it just looks grey and not dark teal, but I’m guessing the color is impossible to capture without a lot of effort doing color timing.

If nothing else I can put it on a 65% with the accent arrows. I’m just disappointed because I should have paid better attention.

Offline razor_blade

« Reply #226 on: Sat, 30 December 2017, 23:40:26 »
Why oh why did I only recently find this group buy. Watching these threads is like sweet torture. I really hope that someone has a few extra sets ordered. My collection won't be complete without this set!

Offline oatmicro

« Reply #227 on: Sun, 31 December 2017, 10:42:32 »
Why oh why did I only recently find this group buy. Watching these threads is like sweet torture. I really hope that someone has a few extra sets ordered. My collection won't be complete without this set!

an extras will be available on keyclack.com, don't worry

Offline razor_blade

« Reply #228 on: Mon, 01 January 2018, 18:09:03 »

an extras will be available on keyclack.com, don't worry

Whew! That is a relief to hear. I need the base set and colored modifiers bad.

Offline rainb1ood

• so pretty so plastic
« Reply #229 on: Wed, 03 January 2018, 10:47:49 »

I've inquired GMK about this and they will add this to the order  :thumb:

Regarding the new timeline, GMK will check with the material supplier tomorrow in order to come up with a more accurate schedule asap.

Offline OneNightFriend

« Reply #230 on: Wed, 03 January 2018, 11:12:15 »

Regarding the new timeline, GMK will check with the material supplier tomorrow in order to come up with a more accurate schedule asap.
Man, that's really nice of you guys / gmk. I don't plan on using it personally but just wanted to say good on you guys for this.

Offline jaesen

« Reply #231 on: Wed, 03 January 2018, 16:02:40 »

Thank you so much for this! It is wonderful that you made this possible on such short notice. Really excited for the set to arrive now!!

Offline johntron25

« Reply #232 on: Wed, 03 January 2018, 19:54:14 »
yay!! can't wait!

Offline pr0ximity

« Reply #233 on: Wed, 03 January 2018, 20:17:29 »

Wow, crazy. That's awesome! Will be very nice to have the extra flexibility to use it on my 60% instead of just TKL.
| Flickr | KMAC 1.2 | Koala | GSKT-00-Z | GSKT-00-AEK | GON NerD60 | Jane V2 CE | Whale | J80S | Ibis | Pro2 | Pro1 | 356mini | 356CL DGE | G80-5000 HAMDE | IBM 1390120 | IBM F AT | IBM F122 | IBM 3101 | Zenith Z-150

Offline Uleoja

« Reply #234 on: Wed, 10 January 2018, 12:38:37 »
I am getting really excited for this!

Offline johntron25

« Reply #235 on: Wed, 10 January 2018, 13:35:29 »

Is the new timeline available?

Offline rainb1ood

• so pretty so plastic
« Reply #236 on: Thu, 11 January 2018, 21:06:02 »
Update: GMK said they are expecting the keys to be shipped by the end of February

Offline Uleoja

« Reply #237 on: Thu, 11 January 2018, 22:06:59 »
Update: GMK said they are expecting the keys to be shipped by the end of February

Very nice!  Looks like February will be a busy month for me!

Offline rioc

• Very Text - 键盘上瘾 ____rioc industries ink.
« Reply #238 on: Fri, 12 January 2018, 06:19:38 »
nice... I'm guessing EU Proxy will get and ship them to customers first, since they're basically neighbors? ;)

Offline Helldrop

« Reply #239 on: Fri, 12 January 2018, 11:29:25 »
Thanks for your update. Faster than I expected.
Can’t wait!

Offline johuu

« Reply #240 on: Fri, 12 January 2018, 12:46:03 »

Very good news. Thank you for the update.

Offline networkdrift

« Reply #241 on: Sat, 13 January 2018, 15:22:04 »
Took a break from keyboards and just caught up with this group buy for the first time in a few months. Good to hear things are moving, I'm still super excited for this set!

Offline cijanzen

« Reply #242 on: Sat, 13 January 2018, 18:47:05 »
I know people are saying that there will be extras after the sets are received but I’m wondering if we can get confirmation on this. Missed the GB but very interested in this set!

Offline pr0ximity

« Reply #243 on: Sat, 13 January 2018, 20:55:45 »
Awesome to see some rapid progress! Been a while since this ran but I'm very excited to see the final product  :cool:

Offline necromanx

• mykeyboard.eu
« Reply #244 on: Tue, 23 January 2018, 08:38:36 »
Small update:  GMK expects production to kick off next week.  They might deliver earlier than the earlier announced end of February.
To people asking about extras.  Yes, there will be a limited number of extras.

Offline rioc

• Very Text - 键盘上瘾 ____rioc industries ink.
« Reply #245 on: Tue, 23 January 2018, 08:52:17 »
Small update:  GMK expects production to kick off next week.  They might deliver earlier than the earlier announced end of February.

sweet :)

will you get the EU batch directly from GMK, or will it detour via US? (here's hoping EU won't be the last to receive a gb set for once) ;)

Offline rainb1ood

• so pretty so plastic
« Reply #246 on: Tue, 23 January 2018, 09:14:25 »

Thank you for the update sir!

Offline necromanx

• mykeyboard.eu
« Reply #247 on: Wed, 24 January 2018, 04:04:01 »

sweet :)

will you get the EU batch directly from GMK, or will it detour via US? (here's hoping EU won't be the last to receive a gb set for once) ;)

Directly from GMK! :-)

Offline OneNightFriend

« Reply #248 on: Wed, 24 January 2018, 09:43:11 »
Great news! This is my first ever keyset group buy and I'm excited to have it in hand!

Offline johntron25

« Reply #249 on: Thu, 25 January 2018, 18:53:48 »
yay! great news