Author Topic: [GB] MAXKEY - SA Night King (Finished)  (Read 61140 times)

Offline SiegeTowers

[GB] MAXKEY - SA Night King (Finished)
« on: Mon, 16 October 2017, 00:30:10 »
Maxkey SA Night King

Designed by SiegeTowers of Pindutan Club Philippines

SA Night King is a set inspired by the famous TV series antagonist, Night King. Depicting the
Night King's characteristic coldness and brutality, the blue tricolor scheme was inspired by the
Night King's icy armor, crown and skin.

Specifications
-SA Profile
-MX Stem compatible > * Colors: Mods: BED/#003649, Alphas: BEY/#4d8b92, Legends: BFO/#9dc3cb
-Thick 1.5mm ABS plastic with doubleshot legends
-Will be produced by Maxkey
-GB will be hosted by Z-frontier
-FREE SHIPPING ACROSS THE GLOBE VIA DHL!!!

Siegetowers is one of the founders of the Pindutan Club Philippines, a group of
enthusiasts aiming to further promote the importance and beauty of mechanical
keyboards by organizing, designing, and gathering together with the rest of the
mechanical keyboard community.

https://en.zfrontier.com/collections/maxkey/products/maxkey-night-king Product GB Page!!

180295-0

180297-1

180299-2

Renders by thesiscamper

Support us by using the signature!
Special thanks to GreyAmbience for making this

Code: [Select]
[url=https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=90427.0][img]https://i.imgur.com/2KH8gKH.png[/img][/url]
1. Select and copy the code;

2. Go to the "Profile" tab;

3. Press "Forum Profile";

4. Paste the code into the "Signature" box;

5. Press "Save" and you are done!

**NOTE FROM Z - Frontier: Hello everyone, I got word from zfrontier that if we hit MOQ and price went lower than 100 we still get free shipping. So no worries about that anymore!**

Current Order Quantity: 167

GB ends: November 6!
« Last Edit: Mon, 04 June 2018, 19:46:16 by SiegeTowers »

Offline lee jeong woo

Re: [GB] MAXKEY - SA Night King
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 16 October 2017, 14:42:05 »
Is it impossible to add a left shift key?

Offline SiegeTowers

« Reply #2 on: Mon, 16 October 2017, 22:24:03 »

what do you mean bro? :)

Offline lee jeong woo

« Reply #3 on: Mon, 16 October 2017, 22:40:25 »

2.25 shift key add :)

for Leopold 660m uesr

Offline SiegeTowers

« Reply #4 on: Mon, 16 October 2017, 23:01:18 »

2.25 shift key add :)

for Leopold 660m uesr

Sadly no, but you can either use the + but idk if that'd work for you :/

Offline Landcaps

« Reply #5 on: Tue, 17 October 2017, 01:52:55 »
Hi SiegeTowers,
I joined this GB yesterday. and i just saw the shipping using DHL. is it possible to use registered mail instead of DHL? or is there other options?
because in Indonesia DHL have very bad reputation, they charged me with extra cost that more than the value of the package itself.
please just use cheaper service. i don't mind if take longer to arrive.

Offline SiegeTowers

« Reply #6 on: Tue, 17 October 2017, 03:34:55 »
Hi SiegeTowers,
I joined this GB yesterday. and i just saw the shipping using DHL. is it possible to use registered mail instead of DHL? or is there other options?
because in Indonesia DHL have very bad reputation, they charged me with extra cost that more than the value of the package itself.

Hi there friend. Don't worry. Shipping is a hundred percent free all over the world. No need to worry about shipping fee. You cancontact me orz frontier if such problems emerge. ;)

Offline Landcaps

« Reply #7 on: Tue, 17 October 2017, 06:01:04 »
Hi SiegeTowers,

Hi there friend. Don't worry. Shipping is a hundred percent free all over the world. No need to worry about shipping fee. You cancontact me orz frontier if such problems emerge. ;)

yes, but please if it possible don't use DHL. DHL in Indonesia is a corrupt company you always have to pay extra fee to get your item even you already pay the shipping cost. especially if they know the value of the item.
i bought 3 t-shirts($20 each) from valve official store with shipping cost and they still charge me $30 extra.
friend of mine bought some item around $150 include shipping and they charge him $70 again here.

i hope there will no problem. but  if it possible to use other shipping method i'll very glad.
thank you.

Offline lee jeong woo

« Reply #8 on: Tue, 17 October 2017, 08:53:51 »
join  !  :cool:

Offline sK0pe

« Reply #9 on: Tue, 17 October 2017, 10:10:15 »
Man this set is really great, plus free shipping worldwide.  Hopefully it is popular enough to become a Cherry profile at some point.
It would look great on a blue or dark grey case.

Offline bciamny

« Reply #10 on: Tue, 17 October 2017, 12:30:01 »
will the keys be glossy or matte? i think this would look much better glossy :)

Offline SiegeTowers

« Reply #11 on: Tue, 17 October 2017, 13:18:10 »

the default are the matte ones right? i actually didn't know that i can have them in a semi-gloss finish close to SP's until today but I e-mailed z-frontier about it already. Asked them if the pricing would be affected if i would want to have them in semi-gloss. but if that'd jack the price up i'll just leave it as is to avoid complications with the ones who already paid. Would really want it in semi-gloss tho.

Offline Sputnik

« Reply #12 on: Tue, 17 October 2017, 13:51:36 »
Hi Siegetowers!
Are we too late to add some keys to make this set more compatible with 60% layouts??
I mean: R2 1.5 units backspace and tilde/backslash in blue, plus R3 1.0 units ctrl, alt and fn and/or R4 1.0 units fn.
Last ask: a couple of "accent" keys in an alternative yellow/orange (esc and enter) would turn this in the perfect ultimate set (my personal taste......)
Great one anyway.....

Offline SiegeTowers

« Reply #13 on: Tue, 17 October 2017, 14:09:31 »
Hi Siegetowers!
Are we too late to add some keys to make this set more compatible with 60% layouts??
I mean: R2 1.5 units backspace and tilde/backslash in blue, plus R3 1.0 units ctrl, alt and fn and/or R4 1.0 units fn.
Last ask: a couple of "accent" keys in an alternative yellow/orange (esc and enter) would turn this in the perfect ultimate set (my personal taste......)
Great one anyway.....

Hi there sputnik. I'm sorry to inform you that such changes are kind of impossible as of the moment. Maxkeys refused to add certain keys because they still haven't done the molds for them. Also just went for simpler colors to avoid over complicating the set. That being said, i hope you still support this group buy. That's all and have a nice day!

Offline SiegeTowers

« Reply #14 on: Wed, 18 October 2017, 11:43:26 »
Current OQ: 28 sets! Come order yours now to make this a reality!

Offline Sputnik

« Reply #15 on: Wed, 18 October 2017, 14:00:56 »
Hi Siegetowers!
Great one anyway.....

Hi there sputnik. I'm sorry to inform you that such changes are kind of impossible as of the moment. Maxkeys refused to add certain keys because they still haven't done the molds for them. Also just went for simpler colors to avoid over complicating the set. That being said, i hope you still support this group buy. That's all and have a nice day!

Thanks for your reply, I tought they had the molds to make those keys, see Maxkey SA Calm Depths GB Here on Geekhack.....

Offline SiegeTowers

« Reply #16 on: Wed, 18 October 2017, 19:00:31 »
Hi Siegetowers!
Great one anyway.....

Thanks for your reply, I tought they had the molds to make those keys, see Maxkey SA Calm Depths GB Here on Geekhack.....

I thought so too. That's why my original plan involved compatibility keys such as the hhkb bs and backslash. But when i proposed the desired keys for the set, they told me that i can't have those.

Offline SiegeTowers

« Reply #17 on: Thu, 19 October 2017, 02:45:44 »

Got word from zfrontier.

"I have talked with boss of Maxkey. He said there is only one finish. Could you confirm that there has been a set with different finish? We may consult him again if you know exactly the set and the finish is different. Thanks! "

i sent him the GH GB page of lime. will wait for his reply.

Offline SiegeTowers

« Reply #18 on: Thu, 19 October 2017, 08:43:31 »

Got word from zfrontier.

"I have talked with boss of Maxkey. He said there is only one finish. Could you confirm that there has been a set with different finish? We may consult him again if you know exactly the set and the finish is different. Thanks! "

maxkey's boss confirmed that "semi-gloss" and "matte" are the same claiming that they only have 1 kind of finish :)

Offline bciamny

« Reply #19 on: Thu, 19 October 2017, 09:16:19 »

Got word from zfrontier.

maxkey's boss confirmed that "semi-gloss" and "matte" are the same claiming that they only have 1 kind of finish :)

thanks for following up. :)

Offline ye_cole

« Reply #20 on: Thu, 19 October 2017, 09:27:33 »
Yeaah. They said that they can do a glossy finish, but it has to be for a light set. They don't want to do a non matte finish for a dark colored set.

Offline SiegeTowers

« Reply #21 on: Thu, 19 October 2017, 09:38:54 »
Yeaah. They said that they can do a glossy finish, but it has to be for a light set. They don't want to do a non matte finish for a dark colored set.

welp. I don't know about that anymore. It's kinda hard to get answers from maxkey actually haha

Offline onefunkynote

« Reply #22 on: Thu, 19 October 2017, 23:32:11 »
My first group buy!  I'm super stoked about these!

Offline SiegeTowers

« Reply #23 on: Fri, 20 October 2017, 00:33:34 »

Glad to be the one who pops ur cherry  ;) :)) :))

Offline GreyAmbience

• I can stop when ever I want
« Reply #24 on: Fri, 20 October 2017, 07:48:31 »
Hi SiegeTowers,

yes, but please if it possible don't use DHL. DHL in Indonesia is a corrupt company you always have to pay extra fee to get your item even you already pay the shipping cost. especially if they know the value of the item.
i bought 3 t-shirts($20 each) from valve official store with shipping cost and they still charge me $30 extra.
friend of mine bought some item around $150 include shipping and they charge him $70 again here.

i hope there will no problem. but  if it possible to use other shipping method i'll very glad.
thank you.

I have bought 3 keysets from Zfrontier now, and I haven't been charged any extra for either of them yet. I'm not saying it can't happen but it hasn't happened to me yet at least. 
Sometimes I get charged with items from the US either by DHL or customs office here in Denmark, but so far no problems from ZF.

Offline GreyAmbience

« Reply #25 on: Fri, 20 October 2017, 07:49:48 »
Is there are way to keep track of how many sets have been ordered so far?

Offline Landcaps

« Reply #26 on: Fri, 20 October 2017, 14:41:01 »
Hi SiegeTowers,

thank you.

I have bought 3 keysets from Zfrontier now, and I haven't been charged any extra for either of them yet. I'm not saying it can't happen but it hasn't happened to me yet at least. 
Sometimes I get charged with items from the US either by DHL or customs office here in Denmark, but so far no problems from ZF.

yeah I hope there will be no extra fees.

Offline onefunkynote

« Reply #27 on: Fri, 20 October 2017, 16:48:56 »

Glad to be the one who pops ur cherry  ;) :)) :))

Hah!  Just be gentle.  :))

Offline SiegeTowers

« Reply #28 on: Fri, 20 October 2017, 20:25:52 »

Well i try to update the thread everytime there's an increase in the current order quantity but you can also check it out at http://www.zfrontier.com/m/3243. We are now at 37 sets.

Offline GreyAmbience

« Reply #29 on: Sat, 21 October 2017, 01:20:16 »

Well i try to update the thread everytime there's an increase in the current order quantity but you can also check it out at http://www.zfrontier.com/m/3243. We are now at 37 sets.
Awesome, thanks. 37 seems okay for the first week right?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Offline richard912

« Reply #30 on: Sat, 21 October 2017, 03:35:59 »
Very interesting colorway. When does this GB close?

Offline SiegeTowers

« Reply #31 on: Sat, 21 October 2017, 05:18:31 »
Very interesting colorway. When does this GB close?

november 6 :)

Offline GreyAmbience

« Reply #32 on: Sat, 21 October 2017, 05:37:43 »
What are the MOQ prices?  

Never mind, found it :)   

MOQ   PRICING
100   115
200   95
500   81
« Last Edit: Sat, 21 October 2017, 09:41:56 by GreyAmbience »

Offline SiegeTowers

« Reply #33 on: Sun, 22 October 2017, 13:28:51 »
No at half MOQ!!!

Offline Hypocaffeinic

« Reply #34 on: Tue, 24 October 2017, 03:46:08 »
No at half MOQ!!!

Ruh roh. We're a long way short of this going ahead at all.  :(

Offline richard912

« Reply #35 on: Tue, 24 October 2017, 08:57:32 »
No at half MOQ!!!

Ruh roh. We're a long way short of this going ahead at all.  :(
There's still about two weeks to go

Offline GreyAmbience

Re: [GB] MAXKEY - SA Night King (Current Order Quantity: 63 sets)
« Reply #36 on: Tue, 24 October 2017, 09:31:59 »
Half way is pretty good for this stage. Most people join close to deadline

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Offline SiegeTowers

« Reply #37 on: Tue, 24 October 2017, 09:53:08 »
now at 64 moq :)

Offline Hypocaffeinic

« Reply #38 on: Tue, 24 October 2017, 14:10:57 »
Half way is pretty good for this stage. Most people join close to deadline

Good point. They'd better!

now at 64 moq :)

Ahhh yeah problem solved!  :thumb: :-*

Offline SiegeTowers

« Reply #39 on: Wed, 25 October 2017, 05:21:43 »
71 sets ordered!

Offline SiegeTowers

Re: [GB] MAXKEY - SA Night King (Current Order Quantity: 79 sets)
« Reply #40 on: Sat, 28 October 2017, 00:33:55 »
GB ends at november 6. only a week to go. 21 sets needed to reach MOQ. come on guys. Don't miss out on this wonderful set!

Offline MoebiuS451

« Reply #41 on: Sat, 28 October 2017, 04:34:55 »
Hi,
If the 100 MOQ step is exceeded, the price difference is refunded or the Card is bill only at GB close ?

Offline SiegeTowers

« Reply #42 on: Sat, 28 October 2017, 19:48:19 »
Hi,
If the 100 MOQ step is exceeded, the price difference is refunded or the Card is bill only at GB close ?

Hi. 100 moq is the minimum required. we only get disounts if we hit 200. :)

Offline GreyAmbience

Re: [GB] MAXKEY - SA Night King (Current Order Quantity: 94 sets) 7 DAYS LEFT!!
« Reply #43 on: Mon, 30 October 2017, 04:29:18 »
95 wuuu almost there! :D

Offline nathanchere

« Reply #44 on: Mon, 30 October 2017, 06:02:51 »
Really hate GoT but this set looks too cool to fail. I'm in. let's crack 100

Offline GreyAmbience

« Reply #45 on: Mon, 30 October 2017, 06:15:07 »
Really hate GoT but this set looks too cool to fail. I'm in. let's crack 100
Awesome!

Offline onefunkynote

« Reply #46 on: Mon, 30 October 2017, 08:56:03 »
95!  Lets go!!!

Offline GreyAmbience

« Reply #47 on: Tue, 31 October 2017, 03:17:30 »
101 sets ordered!!! :D

Offline Asbrodeus

I'm in :thumb:

Offline onefunkynote

Re: [GB] MAXKEY - SA Night King (Current Order Quantity: 102 sets) 5 DAYS LEFT!!
« Reply #49 on: Wed, 01 November 2017, 10:04:29 »
Glad we hit 100! Can't wait for these.