Author Topic: [GB] (COMPLETED!) Nantucket Selectric  (Read 449980 times)

Offline tmk1207

• Yêu Màu Tím
    • Vietnam Mechanical Keyboard Club <3
Re: [GB] (CLOSED) Nantucket Selectric - Modern Selectric Goes Sailing!
« Reply #300 on: Mon, 22 February 2016, 05:25:36 »
Hello skullydazed. Please check your pm :D

(y)

Offline skullydazed

• Had to turn PM's off. Email info@clueboard.co!
    • Clueboard
« Reply #301 on: Mon, 22 February 2016, 08:59:08 »
Yay, both ISO and TKL tipped again; pretty close with the ISO :O I suppose extra spacebars is included in the blank delays as well?

Correct, I will get those tallied up as soon as possible today.

Offline William_S_Jones

• Best Prime Ever!!!
« Reply #302 on: Mon, 22 February 2016, 22:56:53 »
I hope the blank 6.25 spacebars made this group buy. I'm looking forward to the results. Thanks Skullydazed for this group buy & thanks to everyone that  made it successful!

Offline Hispes

• ISYMFS
« Reply #303 on: Mon, 22 February 2016, 22:59:47 »
I hope the blank 6.25 spacebars made this group buy. I'm looking forward to the results. Thanks Skullydazed for this group buy & thanks to everyone that  made it successful!

Agreed. Thanks, skullydazed!

Offline skullydazed

• Clueboard
« Reply #304 on: Wed, 24 February 2016, 00:15:43 »
Hi everyone, just some updates as I work to finish up this buy.

The first update is that I've put together an automated payment/invoice system. When it's time to pay you will have the choice to pay using Paypal or Credit Card. If you pick Credit Card you will get a slight break on your payment processing fees. You will also be helping me avoid problems with paypal holding this money for an excessive period of time. I have to send SP the full amount at the time I place the order, but I know that paypal will be holding a certain amount for 21 days since my account is too new to have enough history for a buy of this size. I have a small business loan that can cover either eventuality, but the less of that I have to use the better. :)

Here are some numbers for everyone to chew on. These are the quantities I'm sending over to SP for a quote, unless there are a higher than expected number of orders that aren't paid here are the quantities I'll be ordering. First up, the sets themselves:

As you can see every set hit the minimum MOQ at least. These numbers include the inventory I'll be stocking in my store after the group buy completes, which is why they're so round. :) I got updated pricing for 500 sets of the Base TKL set, and that cost to us is down to $82/set. There also may be a price break for Amity Island at 500 sets, but the discount probably will only be $1 at the most. Amity Island is small and the price breaks at very high MOQ's aren't as good.

Here are the current blank orders:

Anything that has at least 25 orders is guaranteed to get made. Anything below 10 is unlikely to be made, but I will be asking about the possibility. Anything between 10 and 25 is a solid maybe. I am about to email SP, and I will know more once they get back to me.

As soon as I get final pricing back from SP I can start sending out invoices. You should see those start to go out by Friday at the latest. You will have until 3/7 to pay. The order will be placed with SP on 3/8 and will be paid for shortly after. At that point we will have secured our time on the production calendar and will have a good idea of when this will ship.

Thanks for sailing Nantucket Selectric, watch your email for the next steps!
« Last Edit: Wed, 24 February 2016, 00:48:18 by skullydazed »

Offline Hispes

• ISYMFS
« Reply #305 on: Wed, 24 February 2016, 06:19:57 »
Hi everyone, just some updates as I work to finish up this buy.

The first update is that I've put together an automated payment/invoice system. When it's time to pay you will have the choice to pay using Paypal or Credit Card. If you pick Credit Card you will get a slight break on your payment processing fees. You will also be helping me avoid problems with paypal holding this money for an excessive period of time. I have to send SP the full amount at the time I place the order, but I know that paypal will be holding a certain amount for 21 days since my account is too new to have enough history for a buy of this size. I have a small business loan that can cover either eventuality, but the less of that I have to use the better. :)

Here are some numbers for everyone to chew on. These are the quantities I'm sending over to SP for a quote, unless there are a higher than expected number of orders that aren't paid here are the quantities I'll be ordering. First up, the sets themselves:

Show Image

As you can see every set hit the minimum MOQ at least. These numbers include the inventory I'll be stocking in my store after the group buy completes, which is why they're so round. :) I got updated pricing for 500 sets of the Base TKL set, and that cost to us is down to $82/set. There also may be a price break for Amity Island at 500 sets, but the discount probably will only be $1 at the most. Amity Island is small and the price breaks at very high MOQ's aren't as good.

Here are the current blank orders:

Show Image

Anything that has at least 25 orders is guaranteed to get made. Anything below 10 is unlikely to be made, but I will be asking about the possibility. Anything between 10 and 25 is a solid maybe. I am about to email SP, and I will know more once they get back to me.

As soon as I get final pricing back from SP I can start sending out invoices. You should see those start to go out by Friday at the latest. You will have until 3/7 to pay. The order will be placed with SP on 3/8 and will be paid for shortly after. At that point we will have secured our time on the production calendar and will have a good idea of when this will ship.

Thanks for sailing Nantucket Selectric, watch your email for the next steps!

Great news!  I look forward to my invoice, as I will pay it immediately!  Thanks again for a wonderful set.

Offline ArchieTect

« Reply #306 on: Wed, 24 February 2016, 08:54:42 »
When you say it takes 10 blanks to make a maybe, is that by color or by size?

Also a general question, why are there so many R4 1U blanks? I used to think if you were doing a blank board it would be R3. Maybe im missing something.

Offline skullydazed

• Clueboard
« Reply #307 on: Wed, 24 February 2016, 09:15:01 »
When you say it takes 10 blanks to make a maybe, is that by color or by size?

Also a general question, why are there so many R4 1U blanks? I used to think if you were doing a blank board it would be R3. Maybe im missing something.

I believe by both color and size, but I will know for sure after I get a response from SP.

The answer about R4 1U's is here: https://soundcloud.com/board-makers/episode-15

TL;DL: Jack has been pushing all R4 for the planck.

Offline Dernubenfrieken

« Reply #308 on: Wed, 24 February 2016, 12:02:10 »
Can we put in changes for options on the blanks? One of mine probably wont be made so I just want to switch it to a different color.

Offline ArchieTect

« Reply #309 on: Wed, 24 February 2016, 14:26:08 »
Can we put in changes for options on the blanks? One of mine probably wont be made so I just want to switch it to a different color.

Check your PMs skully. I'm with this guy in regards to 2.75Us. I want to throw my current order at whatever color sticks. I want to commit to buy a few more to make them tip. I wish we knew this ahead of time.

Edit to add, if you are in on the reddit Bantam 44 build and need that 2.75u spacebar (Which you do FYI!) we gotta make it happen!

Offline quasistellar

« Reply #310 on: Wed, 24 February 2016, 14:33:43 »
aww man, how did I not notice this GB!?   :'(  I've been trying to find an SA profile set that I like for some time now and this one looks great.

Don't suppose there's any chance to still get in on this

Offline bbrotha

« Reply #311 on: Wed, 24 February 2016, 15:26:31 »
Same boat here, some of the blanks I requested might not be made so I rather take those off. without messing the others that will be made of course.
« Last Edit: Wed, 24 February 2016, 15:31:16 by bbrotha »
Norbaforce 87U 45g  -- HHKB Type S Blanks-- Kira Keyboard -- M65-A -- Novatouch

Offline Atredl

« Reply #312 on: Wed, 24 February 2016, 15:45:41 »
aww man, how did I not notice this GB!?   :'(  I've been trying to find an SA profile set that I like for some time now and this one looks great.

Skully is going to stock these at his store https://shop.clueboard.co/ once the sets are made. You'll be able to pick one up there once that happens.

Offline simonyunhe

« Reply #313 on: Wed, 24 February 2016, 19:11:59 »
Great news everyone, based on PMK, the compilation of the set is April 29 :eek:

Quote:
Nantucket Selectric (SA)   [Scheduled] Expected completion 4/29. No Key Shop sales.

http://pimpmykeyboard.com/key-status/
KeyBs:|RS96-Brown|GS-87-White|DIYer60-Red|VA68M-Brown|GS-ALT71-Blue|IKBC-108-Black|
KeyCs:|SA Carbon R1+2|SA Camping|SA Amazing Chocolatier|SA Commando 88 Ghost|SA Hyperfuse|SA Penumbra|SA Doom|SA Creamy Orange|SA Ocean Dolch|SA Lotus*72|SA Trouble Minds R2|DSA Granite|GMK TA|GMK Soware|XDA Mailstone|GM Ember|

Offline tmk1207

• Yêu Màu Tím
« Reply #314 on: Wed, 24 February 2016, 20:33:56 »
Great news everyone, based on PMK, the compilation of the set is April 29 :eek:

Quote:
Nantucket Selectric (SA)   [Scheduled] Expected completion 4/29. No Key Shop sales.

http://pimpmykeyboard.com/key-status/

OMG...........

Offline quasistellar

« Reply #315 on: Wed, 24 February 2016, 20:41:14 »

Skully is going to stock these at his store https://shop.clueboard.co/ once the sets are made. You'll be able to pick one up there once that happens.

Ah, good to know

Offline renzpwns

• I didn't like money in my wallet anyways.
« Reply #316 on: Thu, 25 February 2016, 03:32:58 »
Holy ****, it actually is coming sooner, I can't wait.

Offline krisst

« Reply #317 on: Thu, 25 February 2016, 08:43:48 »
Surprised the expected completion date is before Pulse R2.

Anyways, now we wait for invoice. Have time to make some 8 bit banners.

Offline Jedi

« Reply #318 on: Thu, 25 February 2016, 09:14:35 »
Hey Skullydazed, please post as soon as the invoices go out and let us know when all invoices are out.  The last notices came through fine, but just don't want to get this far only to be an idiot and not pay my bill :thumb:

Offline skullydazed

• Clueboard
« Reply #319 on: Thu, 25 February 2016, 09:52:35 »
Hey Skullydazed, please post as soon as the invoices go out and let us know when all invoices are out.  The last notices came through fine, but just don't want to get this far only to be an idiot and not pay my bill :thumb:

Definitely will.  :thumb:

I'm just waiting for an answer back from SP on blank pricing and the final kit pricing, so I don't send out invoices with the wrong amounts. I'm sorry, I know this wait is frustrating.

Offline dunglefinker

« Reply #320 on: Thu, 25 February 2016, 11:46:36 »

Definitely will.  :thumb:

I'm just waiting for an answer back from SP on blank pricing and the final kit pricing, so I don't send out invoices with the wrong amounts. I'm sorry, I know this wait is frustrating.

Nah, it's much more refreshing for you to wait to give us an answer than toss a bunch of different ones out. Thanks for updating here when invoices go out, could you also do it on the reddit side of things as well?

Offline William_S_Jones

• Best Prime Ever!!!
« Reply #321 on: Thu, 25 February 2016, 12:04:38 »
It's no problem, I'm glad that I'll be able to get both the red & the yellow blank 6.25 spacebars. Again, great job, Skullydazed!

Offline skullydazed

• Clueboard
« Reply #322 on: Thu, 25 February 2016, 12:09:09 »
Nah, it's much more refreshing for you to wait to give us an answer than toss a bunch of different ones out. Thanks for updating here when invoices go out, could you also do it on the reddit side of things as well?

Thanks for your patience. I will make a post to mechmarket about the current status now.

Offline GaM3 Is H4rD

« Reply #323 on: Fri, 26 February 2016, 03:30:39 »
Hi!
I got your 1st email that show the moq.
Can I ask! Is it the invoice also?
Or I just wait for another email that request payment from you?
Thanks and sorry because it's the first time I join GB on GH.

Offline pmh1410

« Reply #324 on: Fri, 26 February 2016, 08:59:42 »
Hi!

Hi Hung Nguyen.

You should relax and waiting ;).
Vietnam Mechanical Keyboard Club

Keyboards Collection: Powered by OTD
TKL: 360C Hyper Silver, Cheat B/R/B
Mini: 356mini Red, Duck Poker + 38GT.

Offline skullydazed

• Clueboard
« Reply #325 on: Fri, 26 February 2016, 09:28:15 »
Hi!

No, you'll be seeing an invoice in the next day or two. I have pricing in hand just wrapping up a couple last details.

Offline GaM3 Is H4rD

« Reply #326 on: Fri, 26 February 2016, 09:29:13 »

Hi!

No, you'll be seeing an invoice in the next day or two. I have pricing in hand just wrapping up a couple last details.
big Thanks Bro! I will wait!

Offline GaM3 Is H4rD

« Reply #327 on: Fri, 26 February 2016, 09:31:05 »

Hi!

Hi Hung Nguyen.

You should relax and waiting ;).
can't wait to let the boat go sailing bro hahhaah btw! Thanks!

Offline justinyhuang

« Reply #328 on: Fri, 26 February 2016, 17:40:51 »
i've ordered the planck set and the colemak set, as well as some individual blanks.
so...if some of the blanks are not available or become too expensive, could you help to revise the invoice to only for the planck and colemak sets?

thanks,

Offline skullydazed

• Clueboard
« Reply #329 on: Sat, 27 February 2016, 00:36:11 »
Just a quick update for tonight-

I've finished working out the blank pricing, as well as determining which blanks will be made. The two most expensive keys (not counting spacebars) that passed are 1.25U R4 in White and Yellow, at $3.67/key. Here's the table of prices:

Any blanks with a price of 0 will be automatically removed from your order. If you absolutely can't live without a particular key in a particular color, and are willing to pay the $50 setup fee plus a per-key cost, PM me and we can add your blank to the list.

On the subject of invoices I'm trying to wrap up the invoicing system tonight. I don't think I'll get it all done tonight, and I'll be at the kiibohd meetup tomorrow, so you can expect to see those go out on Sunday. I apologize for continually pushing back, but this buy turned out to be 3 times larger than I initially expected, so I'm trying to make sure that I've accounted for the foreseeable problems.

Offline ba7777

« Reply #330 on: Sat, 27 February 2016, 00:48:16 »
Thanks for the update and will pay once get the invoice

Offline tmk1207

• Yêu Màu Tím
« Reply #331 on: Sat, 27 February 2016, 01:30:37 »
Yeah, my wallet is ready :D

Offline Dizeee23

• food please
« Reply #332 on: Sat, 27 February 2016, 11:49:51 »

I've finished working out the blank pricing, as well as determining which blanks will be made. The two most expensive keys (not counting spacebars) that passed are 1.25U R4 in White and Yellow, at $3.67/key. Here's the table of prices:

Show Image

Any blanks with a price of 0 will be automatically removed from your order. If you absolutely can't live without a particular key in a particular color, and are willing to pay the $50 setup fee plus a per-key cost, PM me and we can add your blank to the list.

On the subject of invoices I'm trying to wrap up the invoicing system tonight. I don't think I'll get it all done tonight, and I'll be at the kiibohd meetup tomorrow, so you can expect to see those go out on Sunday. I apologize for continually pushing back, but this buy turned out to be 3 times larger than I initially expected, so I'm trying to make sure that I've accounted for the foreseeable problems.

Is there anyway i can add some spacebars to my order too?

Offline skullydazed

• Clueboard
« Reply #333 on: Sat, 27 February 2016, 12:33:46 »
Is there anyway i can add some spacebars to my order too?

PM me with your paypal email and the changes you want.

Offline justinyhuang

« Reply #334 on: Sat, 27 February 2016, 12:49:13 »
There are 16 requests for 1.25 R3 blank, 8 requests for BBI. And no 1.25R3 would be made.
There are 11 requests for 1.75 R3 blank, 5 requests for BBI. But 1.25R3 BBI would be made at 1.24 a piece.
Could you please help me understand why with more requests 1.25R3 would not be made?

Show Image

« Last Edit: Sat, 27 February 2016, 12:54:05 by justinyhuang »

Offline dunglefinker

« Reply #335 on: Sat, 27 February 2016, 13:28:23 »
Thank you for updating us so often! I feel spoiled, honestly. I'll pay the invoice as soon as it goes out as well, I'm very excited.

Offline Armstrong01

« Reply #336 on: Sat, 27 February 2016, 15:13:07 »
There are 16 requests for 1.25 R3 blank, 8 requests for BBI. And no 1.25R3 would be made.
There are 11 requests for 1.75 R3 blank, 5 requests for BBI. But 1.25R3 BBI would be made at 1.24 a piece.
Could you please help me understand why with more requests 1.25R3 would not be made?

Some prices are weird only according to that table. But I think you have to look at the bigger picture that it's getting made together w/ the rest of the legended sets where some colours or sizes are more frequent than others hence resulting in different total numbers than the numbers only for the blanks. IMO SP probably takes into account the total number of specific size-colour-profile options, not only the blank numbers.

You can notice the yellow in the table is more expensive than other colours even though more numerous w/r to blanks. That might be due to the low number of yellows in the legended sets and higher number of other colours in there.

Just my inference, I don't think those are skully's mistakes. If something's super weird ofc point it out.)

The example you asked about - There's a LOT of blue 1.75 R3 made in the TKL set (though legended) as a Caps Lock key, however, there's none 1.25 R3 in the TKL.

https://deskthority.net/wiki/Keycap_size_by_keyboard
« Last Edit: Sat, 27 February 2016, 15:22:39 by Armstrong01 »
Planck | Pok3r ISO-UK | Ducky Premier ANSI-US

Offline skullydazed

• Clueboard
« Reply #337 on: Sat, 27 February 2016, 18:00:05 »
Armstrong1 explained it better than I could. :)

Offline justinyhuang

« Reply #338 on: Sat, 27 February 2016, 19:17:14 »
That makes perfect sense now. Thank you for the detailed explanation.  :thumb:
Some prices are weird only according to that table. But I think you have to look at the bigger picture that it's getting made together w/ the rest of the legended sets where some colours or sizes are more frequent than others hence resulting in different total numbers than the numbers only for the blanks. IMO SP probably takes into account the total number of specific size-colour-profile options, not only the blank numbers.

You can notice the yellow in the table is more expensive than other colours even though more numerous w/r to blanks. That might be due to the low number of yellows in the legended sets and higher number of other colours in there.

Just my inference, I don't think those are skully's mistakes. If something's super weird ofc point it out.)

The example you asked about - There's a LOT of blue 1.75 R3 made in the TKL set (though legended) as a Caps Lock key, however, there's none 1.25 R3 in the TKL.

https://deskthority.net/wiki/Keycap_size_by_keyboard

Offline skullydazed

• Clueboard
I've fired off the script that sends the invoices. You should be getting an email sometime between now and tomorrow morning (PST) detailing your order, including blanks. Inside is a URL you can use to pay for your order. I'm still working on the PayPal problem, but you can pay with Credit Card now or you can wait until Wednesday when I will enabling Paypal payments.

Offline wodan

Send a email to the adress I got my last order update from asking for one spacebar in every available color in both size 7u and 6.25u
Hope that's still possible. Space bars ...

Offline skullydazed

• Clueboard
All the invoice emails are queued up at Mandril now, and it says there are 412 in the backlog. I'm still in the free trial so at 25 emails/hour we're looking at 16.5 hours. If you don't see your invoice email show up by 4pm PST tomorrow drop me a line.

Offline jaesen

• holy ****, this hobby is expensive
Got my invoice and paid :) Thanks for running this wonderful group buy!

Now for the long painful wait until June/July..
KBD8x mkii | Duck Orion v2.5 | Satisfaction 75 | IRON165 | Aurora Input Series 65 | Vega | LZ Phase

Wishlist: Constellation

Offline pexon

• * Maker
  • El Jefe of Sleeving
    • Pexon PCs
How long have we got to pay? I've not paid myself yet, but will do in the next week

Offline tmk1207

• Yêu Màu Tím
How long have we got to pay? I've not paid myself yet, but will do in the next week

All invoices to be paid by March 7. (y).

// i'll pay via paypal. Please update, skullydazed :D

Offline Kirfloof

Skully, couple of queries after getting my invoice through,

There's no mention of shipping cost anywhere on mine, is this to be paid at a later date?

I also noticed the TKL listed at $85 when there was previous mention of $82 for the 500 price break.

Offline xxxkaliboyxxx

Crap, my R3 1.5  blank didn't get made. Anyway to add whatever color R3 1.5 made the cut to add to my order?

Offline kenlee

Skully, couple of queries after getting my invoice through,

There's no mention of shipping cost anywhere on mine, is this to be paid at a later date?

I also noticed the TKL listed at $85 when there was previous mention of $82 for the 500 price break.

By the way i don't remember you have ask us to provide shipping address??

Offline tstackhouse

• Bloghouse
I've fired off the script that sends the invoices. You should be getting an email sometime between now and tomorrow morning (PST) detailing your order, including blanks. Inside is a URL you can use to pay for your order. I'm still working on the PayPal problem, but you can pay with Credit Card now or you can wait until Wednesday when I will enabling Paypal payments.
Got my invoice, but you don't take AMEX? I'm on vacay, and will have to wait for PayPal to pay, as I only have access to my AMEX right now. I'd much rather avoid PayPal to help you out if I can...

Offline wodan

Regarding shipping charges, I went through some of the emails I got during this group buy and found this:

--
Shipping will be invoiced when your order is ready to ship, to give you the lowest possible shipping price.
--