Author Topic: Noppoo Choc Mini Group Buy  (Read 48434 times)

Offline spdx

Noppoo Choc Mini Group Buy
« Reply #150 on: Fri, 22 April 2011, 13:52:02 »
Received a brown and a black this morning. Thanks for managing this group buy.

I'm typing on the MX brown right now.

As people mentioned in this thread, keycap printing is inconsistent. the "7" key on my MX brown is the brightest and it's almost invisible on the MX black. However, I'm fine with that since I seldom look at them while typing. I feel that I may look at them more often due to the editing keys layout requires some time to get used to. The texture of keycaps feels very nice. More like my realforce 86UB. My typing speed and accuracy remains pretty much the same as on filco and realforce. Bottoming out seems to generate more noise comparing to my filco brown except spacebar, which is quieter than my filco. This is good to me because I use spacebar a lot while writing on a corporate wiki system.  Overall, I like this keyboard so far. :)

Offline .XL

• http://www.paokfc.gr/
« Reply #151 on: Fri, 22 April 2011, 15:10:04 »
The printing is really a shame, as I think it brings down what is otherwise a great keyboard for the price. If you can get over that problem (and for me I don't think it would be an issue - this 103UB I'm typing on has made me a touch typist in a week flat :p) then it's definitely worth the money. And the keys do feel great...I like the POM! I still think the Realforce PBT are best feeling keycaps, though
Keyboards: Filco Majestouch-2 87key Browns - Realforce 103UB 55g - Compaq MX11800 (ghetto clears + doubleshots)

Offline popol

« Reply #152 on: Fri, 22 April 2011, 15:48:38 »
I'm wondering what is KBC POKER overall quality compared to this Noppoo Choc Mini.

Offline .XL

« Reply #153 on: Fri, 22 April 2011, 16:13:29 »
Quote from: popol;335701
I'm wondering what is KBC POKER overall quality compared to this Noppoo Choc Mini.

It's not as solid, the keycaps aren't as nice (they're ABS). I wish the Poker was plate mounted - I love the solid feel of plate mounted boards.
Keyboards: Filco Majestouch-2 87key Browns - Realforce 103UB 55g - Compaq MX11800 (ghetto clears + doubleshots)

Offline calavera

« Reply #154 on: Fri, 22 April 2011, 16:40:27 »
Quote from: .XL;335713
It's not as solid, the keycaps aren't as nice (they're ABS). I wish the Poker was plate mounted - I love the solid feel of plate mounted boards.

The next batch of poker x's are supposed to use PBT key caps and/or plate mounted. Which is why I only bought one poker-x this time. Still waiting on the aluminium case project which I don't think will happen any time soon sadly.

Offline .XL

« Reply #155 on: Fri, 22 April 2011, 17:30:48 »
Quote from: calavera;335735
The next batch of poker x's are supposed to use PBT key caps and/or plate mounted.

If this happens, I'm definitely buying one! Though I have been thinking of getting a Poker and swapping it to clears (too hard for me to do on a plate mounted) and then getting the aluminum casing

Offline Dr.Pants

« Reply #156 on: Sat, 23 April 2011, 02:57:04 »
I managed to get the keyboard yesterday.  Works dandy.  I left it at a friend's place for him to try it out for a while since he's the Windows user.

Side effect - I converted my friend into using mechanical keyboards

As a note, there's a consistent inconsistency in the "7" and "Q" keys in addition to another one or two that are off.

Offline Boerta

« Reply #157 on: Thu, 05 May 2011, 03:12:47 »
Just got my keyboard yesterday. The Q and 7 buttons are a bit brighter than the others, but I don't really mind.

I really like the small size and the embedded media keys, but the pgdn next to the enter key will take some getting used to. Looking forward to spending more quality time with this board in the coming weeks!

Offline Boerta

« Reply #158 on: Thu, 05 May 2011, 03:15:12 »
Btw, the caps lock LED doesn't seem to work on linux. Worked fine on windows. Anyone solved that?

Oh, and thanks a lot for doing this group buy for us! :D

Offline calavera

« Reply #159 on: Fri, 06 May 2011, 01:04:26 »
Well, it seems the entire batch .XL got have the same Q and 7 print issues. I've been looking at other people who've bought the noppoo elsewhere and nobody had printing issues like us. Oh well, still a nice keyboard but the printing is disappointing. Time for me to sand them off once I have some time. :D

Offline BaconKnight

« Reply #160 on: Fri, 06 May 2011, 04:06:59 »
That's unfortunate. I got my Noppoo from ebay from someone .XL recommended because I just missed the group buy and don't have any Q & 7 issues. Still a great board though.
Leopold FC200RC/AB
Noppoo Choc Mini
TG3 Data911
Cherry G80-8113LRCUS
IBM Model M 1391401
SIIG Minitouch 1903
Dell AT101W GYUM90SK

Image Gallery