Author Topic: Shadovved's Group Buy Directory  (Read 645221 times)

Offline Waateva

• * Esteemed Elder
Re: {GB} EnjoyPBT Dyesub/Blank Keysets & CMYRGB Mods! EXTRAS AVAILABLE
« Reply #1450 on: Tue, 24 May 2016, 11:59:34 »
Two sets and two Windows 95 keys arrived today in great condition, thanks for the groupbuy Shadovved :thumb:
Duck Blackbird - Gaterstotles /// O'Mira - V Blacks /// LZ GH v2 - V Clears /// Leopold FC980C /// TGR Jane CE v2 (unbuilt) /// Lin Dolphin 2021 (unbuilt)

Offline yomammary

« Reply #1451 on: Tue, 24 May 2016, 12:22:43 »
I'm glad people are enjoying the white/blue set, but I would like to stress on the fact that the legends are not of enjoypbt to use. They are using them without the author's permission (me). I don't care what happened between them and MD, they stole my design and they are profiting from it.
What legends exactly?
RF 87u 55g | Leeku 1800

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #1452 on: Tue, 24 May 2016, 12:30:17 »
I'm glad people are enjoying the white/blue set, but I would like to stress on the fact that the legends are not of enjoypbt to use. They are using them without the author's permission (me). I don't care what happened between them and MD, they stole my design and they are profiting from it.
What legends exactly?

Probably all of them considering Matt30 designed the legends and colors for the set.

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #1453 on: Tue, 24 May 2016, 12:50:40 »
What legends exactly?

all legends and icons of the white/blue set are 100% original.

Offline Data

« Reply #1454 on: Tue, 24 May 2016, 13:12:28 »
What legends exactly?

Ouch.  Sorry to hear this.

If it's any consolation, even if Massdrop had told them "no" they probably still would have used it.  A penny today is worth more than a long term business relationship to these Chinese manufacturers.

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #1455 on: Tue, 24 May 2016, 13:22:15 »
If it's any consolation, even if Massdrop had told them "no" they probably still would have used it.  A penny today is worth more than a long term business relationship to these Chinese manufacturers.

actually MD never told them that it was OK. I'm sorry but this time enjoyPBT overstepped. they could have at least contacted me, since I am in no way responsible of their issues with MD.

anyway, it's not a big deal. just, so you people know about that.

Offline Lepidus

« Reply #1456 on: Tue, 24 May 2016, 13:37:28 »

actually MD never told them that it was OK. I'm sorry but this time enjoyPBT overstepped. they could have at least contacted me, since I am in no way responsible of their issues with MD.

anyway, it's not a big deal. just, so you people know about that.

But did massdrop actually place an order with them like enjoypbt said? Why would they have numpads produced if this was meant for the whitefox?

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #1457 on: Tue, 24 May 2016, 14:00:49 »
But did massdrop actually place an order with them like enjoypbt said? Why would they have numpads produced if this was meant for the whitefox?

The set is called "Arctic Set" and wasn't meant for the WhiteFox only, we designed all the legends so we could sell it separately if we wanted to.

Offline nickheller

• Cherry ML life
  • * Destiny Supporter
    • hickneller.com
« Reply #1458 on: Tue, 24 May 2016, 14:23:36 »
It does not matter much to me either way.. But the inclusion of the blue and white set was discussed when the buy opened..

glad they already ripped off the arctic set :) I guess it means it is good :P

Hey bro, if you want me to remove it or something, I'm totally fine. :thumb:

Or you would like something else?

glad they already ripped off the arctic set :) I guess it means it is good :P

Hey bro, if you want me to remove it or something, I'm totally fine. :thumb:

Or you would like something else?

looking at the pictures I believe the one EnjoyPBT is selling is not the final version we sold with the WhiteFox. A bit sad they didn't ask for permission, but what can I say? That's how China goes.

Offline yomammary

« Reply #1459 on: Tue, 24 May 2016, 15:59:45 »
What legends exactly?

That sucks.
RF 87u 55g | Leeku 1800

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #1460 on: Tue, 24 May 2016, 16:20:01 »
It does not matter much to me either way.. But the inclusion of the blue and white set was discussed when the buy opened..

as I said. It's okay. Just wanted to refresh memory.

Offline fendent

• * Maker
« Reply #1461 on: Tue, 24 May 2016, 21:31:35 »
Fwiw I held out on ordering it for that reason. It's beautiful but I'd rather wait til I can get it through the channels that support your work. (Just let me know when it's available for purchase in legit fashion haha!)

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #1462 on: Tue, 24 May 2016, 21:38:00 »

The set is called "Arctic Set" and wasn't meant for the WhiteFox only, we designed all the legends so we could sell it separately if we wanted to.

My understanding was that MD ordered a whole bunch, then screwed them over by not taking delivery, so they had a bunch of sets they had to just unload.

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #1463 on: Tue, 24 May 2016, 21:40:49 »
By the way my classic black set came today.  Guess the zip code didn't matter anyway.  They can't hold a candle to Cherry originals, but they are still quite nice and a good value for the money.  I wish it had another 1x windows key and windowed lock keys, but oh well.  Thanks!

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #1464 on: Tue, 24 May 2016, 21:53:41 »
They can't hold a candle to Cherry originals, but they are still quite nice and a good value for the money.  I wish it had another 1x windows key and windowed lock keys, but oh well.  Thanks!

Agree 100%.  Good bang for da buck.

For a minute I thought I was missing a 1u WinKeys from all my sets.  Definitely wish they came with two.   
So sad that we couldn't get the windowed keys.
Some of Ye ole  Keyboards -->
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline kenmai9

• Unicornforce
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Skrrr
« Reply #1465 on: Tue, 24 May 2016, 22:10:32 »
put in an order for light grey/beige blanks. :3

thanks!

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #1466 on: Wed, 25 May 2016, 00:44:21 »
My understanding was that MD ordered a whole bunch, then screwed them over by not taking delivery, so they had a bunch of sets they had to just unload.

that is not what happened.

MD asked for prototypes before placing the order (as you always do), saying we needed at least 1000. EnjoyPBT got bold and started production before we could check and confirm the prototypes. Easy as that.

Now they are not only selling their stock (that nobody ordered) but it seems that they are also restocking the whitefox set, claiming that it's their own creation. This is the reason why I'm posting this. Again all they had to do is contacting me.
« Last Edit: Wed, 25 May 2016, 01:07:42 by Matt3o »

Offline WNovizar

« Reply #1467 on: Wed, 25 May 2016, 01:17:35 »

MD asked for prototypes before placing the order (as you always do), saying we needed at least 1000. EnjoyPBT got bold and started production before we could check and confirm the prototypes. Easy as that.

Now they are not only selling their stock (that nobody ordered) but it seems that they are also restocking the whitefox set, claiming that it's their own creation. This is the reason why I'm posting this. Again all they had to do is contacting me.

Damn, dude. If you need EnjoyPBT to contact you first, why then did you allow shadovved to sell enjoypbt "arctic" set? you could have asked shadovved to turn it off, and nobody would have buy it from enjoypbt. and then buy it from you...
I like mechanical keyboards

Offline Shadovved

• * Esteemed Elder
  • King of Stickers (and GBs)
« Reply #1468 on: Wed, 25 May 2016, 01:41:40 »

Damn, dude. If you need EnjoyPBT to contact you first, why then did you allow shadovved to sell enjoypbt "arctic" set? you could have asked shadovved to turn it off, and nobody would have buy it from enjoypbt. and then buy it from you...

as I said. It's okay. Just wanted to refresh memory.

You are obviously not okay....why didn't you just say so last time when I asked if you wanted me to do anything (like take it off the GB).

Effective immediately, the US BWB set is off the shelf. All outstanding orders will be fulfilled but no longer accepting new orders for it.

Just for the record, total sales for the BWB set was 14 sets.

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #1469 on: Wed, 25 May 2016, 01:47:41 »

You are obviously not okay....why didn't you just say so last time when I asked if you wanted me to do anything (like take it off the GB).

I was okay until I discovered that they plan to produce more and say that it's their own stuff.

Offline Shadovved

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1470 on: Wed, 25 May 2016, 01:49:00 »

I was okay until I discovered that they plan to produce more and say that it's their own stuff.

Now that.....is something you and MD have to act on. No longer within my control :|

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #1471 on: Wed, 25 May 2016, 01:54:00 »
just to be clear, Shadovved asked me about this set and I told him that it was okay to sell it even though EnjoyPBT didn't ask for permission. That because I'm a nice guy :P and I thought EnjoyPBT was simply trying to remedy a foolish mistake. So no blame to Shadovved here.

Offline WNovizar

« Reply #1472 on: Wed, 25 May 2016, 02:13:29 »
So now where can we get your arctic design keyset? Do we have to buy whitefox in order to get it?

Offline dannrawr

« Reply #1473 on: Wed, 25 May 2016, 03:02:21 »
parcel is shipped. bye poker stock caps

WTF any Bruce, Cosmonauts

Offline Shadovved

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1474 on: Wed, 25 May 2016, 04:41:00 »
just to be clear, Shadovved asked me about this set and I told him that it was okay to sell it even though EnjoyPBT didn't ask for permission. That because I'm a nice guy :P and I thought EnjoyPBT was simply trying to remedy a foolish mistake. So no blame to Shadovved here.

This incident probably stemmed issues between MD and EnjoyPBT. They've told me that MD ran the IC/GB using the samples they provided, hence they started to produce the Arctic caps, but afaik they went for another factory for the final run.

EnjoyPBT also apologises that they did not know the existence of Matt3o as the designer as MD liaised with the factory as their design, and they have a bone with pick with MD. Hence **** happened.

I will be talking to Matt3o regarding the new Whitefox sets privately on behalf of EnjoyPBT as they are willing to talk about that.

Anyway, end of story. Hopefully this thingy ends here....

Offline Happylomo

« Reply #1475 on: Wed, 25 May 2016, 04:57:09 »
Just received my keycaps, Shadovved! Well, actually the caps arrived last week, but didn't have the chance to pick it up from the post office.  ;D

Thanks for organising the GB!

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #1476 on: Wed, 25 May 2016, 06:25:45 »
Just to give closure to the dispute.

Shadovved put me in contact with EnjoyPBT. They weren't aware that the design was mine. Anyway I gave them permission to sell the remaining stock as long as they don't produce more.

Wanted to thank Shadovved for helping me through this.

Offline kokokoy

« Reply #1477 on: Wed, 25 May 2016, 06:28:04 »

This incident probably stemmed issues between MD and EnjoyPBT. They've told me that MD ran the IC/GB using the samples they provided, hence they started to produce the Arctic caps, but afaik they went for another factory for the final run.

EnjoyPBT also apologises that they did not know the existence of Matt3o as the designer as MD liaised with the factory as their design, and they have a bone with pick with MD. Hence **** happened.

I will be talking to Matt3o regarding the new Whitefox sets privately on behalf of EnjoyPBT as they are willing to talk about that.

Anyway, end of story. Hopefully this thingy ends here....

With all the bad things happening lately on GH, this is something nice to read about.

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #1478 on: Wed, 25 May 2016, 07:06:31 »
I'm just flabbergasted that people think they can own a keyset design.  You think you're the first one that put blue and white together?  You think you're the first one to dyesub centered legends?  No, man.  Honestly I'm more than a little disappointed in you, Matt.  There's a reason you can't patent style, and that is because no society has ever considered style something that can be owned.

The Cherry replicas are much more attractive anyway.

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #1479 on: Wed, 25 May 2016, 07:09:32 »
I'm just flabbergasted that people think they can own a keyset design.

you probably didn't get that the legends are not standard but hand designed one by one.

Offline yomammary

« Reply #1480 on: Wed, 25 May 2016, 07:54:05 »
Just to give closure to the dispute.

Shadovved put me in contact with EnjoyPBT. They weren't aware that the design was mine. Anyway I gave them permission to sell the remaining stock as long as they don't produce more.

Wanted to thank Shadovved for helping me through this.
  :thumb:
RF 87u 55g | Leeku 1800

Offline qwack

« Reply #1481 on: Wed, 25 May 2016, 08:13:03 »
Fwiw I held out on ordering it for that reason. It's beautiful but I'd rather wait til I can get it through the channels that support your work. (Just let me know when it's available for purchase in legit fashion haha!)

Same for me. Part of the appeal of Arctic was the number of extra keys/legends for special layouts anyway, so it made little sense to get it as a standard Gateron set.

edit: saw the rest of the discussion, nice to see a solution could be found.
« Last Edit: Wed, 25 May 2016, 08:17:30 by qwack »

Pure Pro w/MX Red - [review]

Offline tintoret

« Reply #1482 on: Wed, 25 May 2016, 10:25:05 »
No package today either
Last tracking info says they got to the US on the 17th.

I feel you. I'm masochistically checking this thread, sitting in front of my mailbox like

Show Image

After some detective work, I found out the package got dropped off at the wrong room and my CMY mods have been two floors below me for who knows how long. Too happy with the caps to have any room for rage at Mail Services. The colors are crazy vivid.

Offline kawasaki161

« Reply #1483 on: Wed, 25 May 2016, 11:18:07 »
Does really no one have a picture of ghost white and normal white keys next to each other?
Might just be that my previous comment was overlooked because of the slight drama going on here :)

Offline kenmai9

• Unicornforce
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Skrrr
« Reply #1484 on: Wed, 25 May 2016, 11:21:30 »
Does really no one have a picture of ghost white and normal white keys next to each other?
Might just be that my previous comment was overlooked because of the slight drama going on here :)

Look at the OP...

Offline kawasaki161

« Reply #1485 on: Wed, 25 May 2016, 11:30:27 »
Look at the OP...

I already did, at least 3 times. Am I blind? I can only find this comparison:

From left to right: Dark Gray, Light Gray, Beige, and White.  Included also in the photo are pebble (F8) and pearl (F9) key caps from a Model M for color comparison.

Show Image

which does not inlude ghost white.

Offline Shadovved

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1486 on: Wed, 25 May 2016, 11:31:41 »
Look at the OP...

From left to right: Dark Gray, Light Gray, Beige, and White.  Included also in the photo are pebble (F8) and pearl (F9) key caps from a Model M for color comparison.

Show Image

Have you ever seen a Hardcore White CC Skull?

It's that colour.

Offline 27

• The Maple Man
« Reply #1487 on: Wed, 25 May 2016, 11:38:46 »
Just got the shipping notification, thanks shadovved
IG: https://www.instagram.com/27mechs/                                        Website: http://www.mech27.com/

Offline kawasaki161

« Reply #1488 on: Wed, 25 May 2016, 11:46:11 »

Have you ever seen a Hardcore White CC Skull?

It's that colour.

Not irl, but that info makes searching for reference pictures easier. Thank you.

Offline fublamchu

• ㅋㅋㅋ
« Reply #1489 on: Wed, 25 May 2016, 12:25:27 »
Just got the shipping note!  :D
LZ-CE VBlacks
910-CE

Offline kenmai9

• Unicornforce
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Skrrr
« Reply #1490 on: Wed, 25 May 2016, 12:40:56 »
Look at the OP...

Show Image

My bad mate I didn't know ghost white and white were different! :x

Offline fendent

• * Maker
« Reply #1491 on: Wed, 25 May 2016, 14:02:01 »
I'm just flabbergasted that people think they can own a keyset design.  You think you're the first one that put blue and white together?  You think you're the first one to dyesub centered legends?  No, man.  Honestly I'm more than a little disappointed in you, Matt.  There's a reason you can't patent style, and that is because no society has ever considered style something that can be owned.

The Cherry replicas are much more attractive anyway.

You better let Pantone or Hoefler & Frere-Jones know about that. :))
« Last Edit: Wed, 25 May 2016, 14:09:29 by fendent »

Offline kenmai9

• Unicornforce
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Skrrr
« Reply #1492 on: Wed, 25 May 2016, 14:33:26 »
Paid invoice ^^

Offline rundeploy

« Reply #1493 on: Thu, 26 May 2016, 06:26:04 »
every kit come with this caps ?

Offline nyunyu

« Reply #1494 on: Thu, 26 May 2016, 06:29:42 »
every kit come with this caps ?
Show Image

They are not included, You have to order them as extra:
Win95 Keycaps (1x, 1.25x, 1.5x) --- USD$8/pc shipped worldwide via normal airmail

Offline WNovizar

« Reply #1495 on: Thu, 26 May 2016, 08:07:12 »
Win caps arrived. Thanks shadovved.

Offline Amarok

« Reply #1496 on: Thu, 26 May 2016, 09:00:10 »
How long did it take you guys to get your caps in the USA once it shipped? Mine shipped yesterday and I've got a brand new V2 with clears sitting on my desk waiting!  :eek:
Realforce 87u 55g

Offline nickheller

• Cherry ML life
  • * Destiny Supporter
    • hickneller.com
« Reply #1497 on: Thu, 26 May 2016, 09:08:09 »
I was in the original buy and got my caps this week. Some have been faster though.

Offline SJHL

« Reply #1498 on: Thu, 26 May 2016, 09:22:18 »
How long did it take you guys to get your caps in the USA once it shipped? Mine shipped yesterday and I've got a brand new V2 with clears sitting on my desk waiting!  :eek:

I would say give or take 2-3weeks.

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #1499 on: Thu, 26 May 2016, 10:59:24 »

I think mine was 16 days.