Author Topic: Jalapeños  (Read 1215 times)

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
Jalapeños
« on: Fri, 09 September 2022, 21:26:55 »
basically growing a little mine-field.

They don't come out even, some are not spicy, some are super spicy

ne1 know why they come out so uneven.

291225-0

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
Re: Jalapeños
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 10 September 2022, 02:22:39 »
Green with no stress marks = unstressed and younger harvest, the smoother the jalap, the more mild it is
White lines begin to appear due to stress events like sun, lack of water, or simply maturing too long
Soon those white lines stretch out, and the pepper begins to change from green to orange/red. Those will be the spiciest.

So basically, jalapenos that are spoon fed are white glove, but those peppers from the hard streets that seen some **** are spicier for it

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
Re: Jalapeños
« Reply #2 on: Sat, 10 September 2022, 11:26:17 »
Green with no stress marks = unstressed and younger harvest, the smoother the jalap, the more mild it is
White lines begin to appear due to stress events like sun, lack of water, or simply maturing too long
Soon those white lines stretch out, and the pepper begins to change from green to orange/red. Those will be the spiciest.

So basically, jalapenos that are spoon fed are white glove, but those peppers from the hard streets that seen some **** are spicier for it

I must disagree with you completely. You can't predict the heat of a jalapeno by looking at it. Maybe some of the other peppers, but not jalapenos.

These photos depict 3 peppers that I picked off of the same plant in my garden. The red one and the green one are very close in heat, with the red one being very slightly hotter and somewhat sweeter.

However, the center one that has partially turned red is considerably hotter than either of the solid-color ones.

For whatever it's worth, I do have 5 different types of pepper plants within about a 20 foot radius, and they are likely promiscuous with their pollen.
« Last Edit: Sat, 10 September 2022, 14:35:48 by fohat.digs »
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"