Author Topic: Keycool's catalog  (Read 6241 times)

Offline dante

Keycool's catalog
« on: Wed, 22 October 2014, 12:38:37 »
Someone from MK once wrote that Keycool's catalog is huge and thus you can't carry everything.  Since you have more boards inbound I suspect you've been very satisfied with the sales/new Kailhs (FWIW: going off a Razer board I much prefer the Orange/Brown Kailh to Cherry MX Browns.)

That being said, I'm sure the goal is move stuff out of the warehouse as fast as it comes in.

Would it be possible to:

1.) Post the Keycool catalog online for everyone to see.
2.) Some how allow boards to be preordered or allow a vote to take place to see what would come in?

Yes, I could go through a TaoBao agent but I'd much rather do business with you.

Offline 00zeRO

• mechanicalkeyboards.com
  • The 00verseer of Vault 77
    • Mechanical Keyboards
Re: Keycool's catalog
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 22 October 2014, 12:50:23 »
Someone from MK once wrote that Keycool's catalog is huge and thus you can't carry everything.  Since you have more boards inbound I suspect you've been very satisfied with the sales/new Kailhs (FWIW: going off a Razer board I much prefer the Orange/Brown Kailh to Cherry MX Browns.)

That being said, I'm sure the goal is move stuff out of the warehouse as fast as it comes in.

Would it be possible to:

1.) Post the Keycool catalog online for everyone to see.
2.) Some how allow boards to be preordered or allow a vote to take place to see what would come in?

Yes, I could go through a TaoBao agent but I'd much rather do business with you.

Certainly a good idea...not sure on the execution. Most of their old keyboards are no longer in production. The link below is our current keycool 'catalog:'

http://mechanicalkeyboards.com/search.php?keyword=&switch_id=ALL&size=ALL&man=30&key_plastic=ALL&interface=ALL&cord_length=ALL&usb_kro=ALL&ps2_kro=ALL&x=72&y=10&in_stock=on
Daily Driver: Typist A w/Midnight Dawn | Kailh BOX Clicks

Junktown 2: Now on eBay!

Offline JoshMK

• * Commercial Vendor
  • MechanicalKeyboards.com
    • MechanicalKeyboards
« Reply #2 on: Wed, 22 October 2014, 12:56:47 »
Hey Dante!

The "English version" can be seen here : http://www.kc-keycool.com/en/product.php?mod=list&cid=1

The "Chinese version" can be seen here : http://www.kc-keycool.com/product.php?mod=list&cid=1

As 00zeRO pointed out, some products (on both sites) are simply out of production without any indication of if/when they'll be produced again. If you like something you see, let us know and we'll see if it's available. If 1 person is interested, we don't mind getting 5-10 to make it worth our while. If 20 people want the same thing, we'll order 50ish.

And, yes, Keycools are selling well. Nowhere near Ducky's numbers, but the Kailhs don't seem to deter many buyers. Of course there are the "I only like Cherry switches even though I haven't tried Kailhs" people... but they're not too numerous. I didn't like cauliflower until I tried some of 00zeRO's. I didn't like Kailhs until I tried them.
Josh McConnell
MechanicalKeyboards.com
Josh@mechanicalkeyboards.com
615.266.1420 ext303

Offline dante

« Reply #3 on: Wed, 22 October 2014, 12:58:58 »
Ideally if it were available I'd buy this:

(Black or Gray) Keycool (84 or 87 - preferably the 84)
Non-Backlit POM Side Printed Keycaps (They _do_ make these)
Black Kailh switches (Keycool _might_ be able to do MX Clear - can you check?)

Offline 00zeRO

• mechanicalkeyboards.com
  • The 00verseer of Vault 77
    • Mechanical Keyboards
« Reply #4 on: Wed, 22 October 2014, 13:04:20 »
Hey Dante!

The "English version" can be seen here : http://www.kc-keycool.com/en/product.php?mod=list&cid=1

The "Chinese version" can be seen here : http://www.kc-keycool.com/product.php?mod=list&cid=1

As 00zeRO pointed out, some products (on both sites) are simply out of production without any indication of if/when they'll be produced again. If you like something you see, let us know and we'll see if it's available. If 1 person is interested, we don't mind getting 5-10 to make it worth our while. If 20 people want the same thing, we'll order 50ish.

And, yes, Keycools are selling well. Nowhere near Ducky's numbers, but the Kailhs don't seem to deter many buyers. Of course there are the "I only like Cherry switches even though I haven't tried Kailhs" people... but they're not too numerous. I didn't like cauliflower until I tried some of 00zeRO's. I didn't like Kailhs until I tried them.

Kailh Ergo Blues forever!
Daily Driver: Typist A w/Midnight Dawn | Kailh BOX Clicks

Junktown 2: Now on eBay!

Offline JoshMK

• * Commercial Vendor
    • MechanicalKeyboards
« Reply #5 on: Wed, 22 October 2014, 13:10:07 »
Ideally if it were available I'd buy this:

(Black or Gray) Keycool (84 or 87 - preferably the 84)
Non-Backlit POM Side Printed Keycaps (They _do_ make these)
Black Kailh switches (Keycool _might_ be able to do MX Clear - can you check?)
Emailed.
Josh McConnell
MechanicalKeyboards.com
615.266.1420 ext303

Offline JoshMK

• * Commercial Vendor
    • MechanicalKeyboards
« Reply #6 on: Thu, 23 October 2014, 10:00:41 »
No POM keycaps, no clear MX.
Josh McConnell
MechanicalKeyboards.com
615.266.1420 ext303

Offline dante

« Reply #7 on: Thu, 23 October 2014, 10:29:29 »
No POM keycaps, no clear MX.

No POM, No MX Clear, No Glove, No Love.  Thanks for checking :(

Offline dante

« Reply #8 on: Fri, 24 October 2014, 20:04:39 »
Okok - in the next shipment can you get some 84 _or_ 87 _or_ 108 w/ White LED's and Black Kailh switches?

All the Black Kailh switch boards you have are PBT only.

Looks like the Red Kailh is 15g stiffer than MX Reds?  I'll try those instead.
« Last Edit: Sat, 25 October 2014, 09:23:33 by dante »