Author Topic: Banned from Geekhack without even creating an account?  (Read 10370 times)

Offline raoul123

Banned from Geekhack without even creating an account?
« on: Thu, 03 October 2019, 08:25:04 »
I've been looking around the internet for guides and information about hand wiring a keyboard, and I've found that I'm banned from geekhack on chrome. I've never created an account, and I thought it might have something to do with my VPN (which isn't even enabled, hasn't ever been). I disabled it, and I'm still unable to view anything on the geekhack site.

I can use geekhack in incognito mode, and in the edge browser. I wanted to sign up for an account, but after three attempts at sending an activation email, I still haven't received one.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
Re: Banned from Geekhack without even creating an account?
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 03 October 2019, 10:14:48 »
I've been looking around the internet for guides and information about hand wiring a keyboard, and I've found that I'm banned from geekhack on chrome. I've never created an account, and I thought it might have something to do with my VPN (which isn't even enabled, hasn't ever been). I disabled it, and I'm still unable to view anything on the geekhack site.

I can use geekhack in incognito mode, and in the edge browser. I wanted to sign up for an account, but after three attempts at sending an activation email, I still haven't received one.

Try clearing your cookies (and cache if unsuccessful); it looks like you got caught by a VPN or other blanket ban.  More info here.  PM me or reply here if you aren't able to fix the issue.