Author Topic: [IC] DSA Mayora マヨラー | update: keyset, deskmat, screw tray, many more...  (Read 17867 times)

Offline CactusSpace

• creating mechanical keyboard goodies & content
    • My Links :)

DSA Mayora マヨラー
ikki68 Aurora - WS Morandi switches recolour

U80 by RAMA Works

Keyset designed by uchu.club

"Mayorā(マヨラー)" is a japanese term made up to describe someone who is addicted to mayonnaise.
It comes from combining "Mayo" with the suffix "-er" (as in runner, player, etc), which essentially means that they are a "Mayonnaiser".
A keyset inspired by the famous condiment, its delectable flavour and one of a kind taste make the best pairing for anything.
Creamy, opulent, heavenly.

IC Form: https://forms.gle/nbfXv26gEc4uAaMw6
Do fill up the form, any feedback is greatly appreciated! ;)

Bigger Images: https://imgur.com/a/p5XKQXS
Check out some behind the scenes here: IG Story Highlights

Details of Keyset:
Keycap Profile: DSA | uniform profile | MX stem
Material: PBT | Dye Sublimated | 1.3 - 1.4mm thickness

Kitting is not finalised yet. Let me know if you want to add or remove any keys.

Metal DSA Artisan

ikki68 Aurora - WS Morandi switches recolour

Planning to make an ikki68 Aurora by Wuque Studios and accompanying WS Morandi switches recoloured to Mayora colourway.
It comes with Mayora themed hotswap badge, colour matched stabilisers, Mayora theme straight techflex cable.

If you're interested definitely let me know in the IC.
Will have to see the response for this to become reality.

I will upload the keyboard back design once I've rendered it.

Renders

Koyu by RAMA works

Moonlight by Misonoworks

Alice by Akko

NK65 by NovelKeys

Candybar by TKC

Rotor by Popsmoke

M6-C by RAMA Works

Timeline
Est. 3 to 8months

Artisan Collabs (A-Z)
Will update more. Kindly DM me on Discord @CactusSpace#7620 or on Instagram
Ahnuiya
Artzeikaps
Asianjoyco
Aumipon
Avocaps
Crustyalien
CYSM
Grundleswab
Jankycaps
Jjocap
Kewpie.Keys
Kiko.caps
Klaykaps
Lavenderbeecaps
Leena.things
Mackcaps
Meedee.key
Meof Studio
MsBoba
n.Na works
Object Garage
Okeydokey
Peachartisans
Peachfetti
Pinktreetops
Reinanii
Sandun.art
Sumcapas
Teeny.snug
Temo Studio
Tulipclay

Thank you to all of you talented artists for collaborating! <3

Merchandise (Designs to be updated)

Deskmat 900x400mm/ 380x160mm

Plushie 45cm/ 15cm

Colour Disclaimer
Please note actual colours may vary. It’s important to note that they may look different on a real product than what you see on your computer monitor. This is due to the fact that every computer monitor has a different capability to display colours and that everyone sees these colours differently.

For updates on this IC:
All Social Links | Instagram | Discord Server Invite

If you want to support this project, please add this signature and spread the word. Thank you! ;)
To add signature go to Profile > Modify Profile > Forum Profile > Signature

Code: [Select]
[url=https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=120027.0][img width=335 height=90]https://i.imgur.com/JS0KLHj.png[/img][/url]
« Last Edit: Sat, 13 January 2024, 19:15:42 by CactusSpace »
Join my Patreon!💌
UCHU.CLUB | Instagram | Patreon | Youtube | Discord | Reddit | Beacons

Offline KiserDesigns

• Kiser Designs Store
Cute! Uniform profile and non-standard icon mods make this easy to use for 40% or other odd layout boards, nice!

The cream/off-white color in the renders is really close to the white, almost makes it look like a mistake. Any chance for a bit more contrast between the alphas and mods?

Offline andromache

Will this be Signature Plastics doubleshot ABS or dyesub PBT? Or a different manu?

Would love this in ABS personally.

I also think lowercase alphas could be a cute option.

Offline KiserDesigns

• Kiser Designs Store
SP has the lowercase legends used in DSA Berry Yogurt, those would look amazing in this set.

Offline mr_foggy

• land of the worst vendor(s)
finally something that's not cherry profile

Offline KiserDesigns

• Kiser Designs Store
Not only is it not cherry, the alphas are darker than the mods! Very different.
I daily DSA and DSS profiles, so seeing unique designs using these profiles is exciting.

Offline CactusSpace

Cute! Uniform profile and non-standard icon mods make this easy to use for 40% or other odd layout boards, nice!

The cream/off-white color in the renders is really close to the white, almost makes it look like a mistake. Any chance for a bit more contrast between the alphas and mods?

Thank you! :)
I tried adding more contrast between alphas and mods in the earlier drafts but then they wont look like mayo anymore :|
Join my Patreon!💌

Offline CactusSpace

Will this be Signature Plastics doubleshot ABS or dyesub PBT? Or a different manu?

Would love this in ABS personally.

I also think lowercase alphas could be a cute option.

I sourced for a manu and it will be PBT Dye Sub. :)
oh! I could do a render for lowercase alphas. might look pretty cute.
Join my Patreon!💌

Offline CactusSpace

SP has the lowercase legends used in DSA Berry Yogurt, those would look amazing in this set.

ah! didn't know SP had stock molds for lowercase legends. I'll take a look into that. :thumb:
« Last Edit: Sat, 08 April 2023, 16:22:20 by CactusSpace »
Join my Patreon!💌

Offline NihonCK

i looked at this set before, and i thought i saw it with hiragana sublegends... or is that a dream?

Offline TyPo.mk

Can you make an alternate version for people who HATE mayonnaise

Offline CactusSpace

i looked at this set before, and i thought i saw it with hiragana sublegends... or is that a dream?

mmm.. will that dream ever come true?  ;)
Join my Patreon!💌

Offline CactusSpace

Can you make an alternate version for people who HATE mayonnaise

yo that's so clever. damn it april fool's over haha
Join my Patreon!💌

Offline CactusSpace

Added a render for metal DSA artisan :)
Join my Patreon!💌

Offline vicxenverse

I also agree that this would look super cute with lowercase alphas!

Offline CactusSpace

I also agree that this would look super cute with lowercase alphas!

I will do a render for lowercase alphas :)
Join my Patreon!💌

Offline iamkenzbee

• Find me on the web
The mayo opening keys are everything! Looking forward to this one hopefully becoming reality!

Offline CactusSpace

Update: Kitting, Colours, Artisan Collabs, Plushies, Q&A

Bigger images: https://imgur.com/a/QueKkXa
IG BTS | I live stream on what I’m working on | Join discord channel for quick updates

Keyset Change Log:
- Changed to new font
- Switched to lowercase
- Adjusted legend font sizes
- Vectored symbols
- Shifted legends, symbols
- Reworked function keys with vectored ‘x’ and new numbers.
- Coloured f1-4, f9-12 to be same colours as alphas
- Flipped numpad colours
- Added & removed keys
- Shifted numpad to the base kit
- Shifted minibars to separate spacebar kit
- Added support for UK ISO, colvrak, ergodox.
- Added homing keys for HUNT.
- Added accent keys.
- Added all white f1-4, f9-12 keys to alt alphas kit to achieve mono look.
- Finalised on WS1 & RAL colours.
- Adjusted 3d render colours to match RAL & WS1.
- Convex spacebars

New Renders
Here is the proposed design for the back of the ikki68 keyboard. I'm not sure if it will be produced yet, so please let me know if you're interested by filling out the form! 🙂

MB-44 by MelonBred

Candybar by TKC

M65-A by RAMA Works

ikki68 Aurora by Wuque Studios

M6-C by RAMA Works

Artisan Collabs
Here are your favourite artists collaborating with DSA Mayora! Honestly really excited for this!
Thank you to all of you talented artists for collaborating! <3
Ahnuiya
Artzeikaps
Asianjoyco
Aumipon
Avocaps
Crustyalien
CYSM
Dot.keyng
Grundleswab
Jankycaps
Jjocap
Justso.things
Kiko.caps
Klaykaps
Lavenderbeecaps
Leena.things
Mackcaps
Meedee.key
Meof Studio
MsBoba
n.Na works
Object Garage
Okeydokey
Peachartisans
Peachfetti
Pinktreetops
Reinanii
Sandun.art
Sumcapas
Teeny.snug
Temo Studio
Tulipclay
Raykey_y

Keyset Packaging
As the MOQ for packaging is quite high, I want to create packaging that offers versatility for future keyset designs. Currently, I'm reaching out to manufacturers to obtain quotes for the packaging.

Deskmat Design
I love making things with my hands. To give this project a handmade touch, I have chosen to explore the art of linocutting. It’s a technique that involves carving a design into a linoleum block, applying ink, and pressing it onto paper to create a print. Each print will be different depending on how much pressure is applied and other factors. From the prints, one will be chosen as the design for the deskmat. I made an initial sketch and bought the materials from the art supply store. I really enjoy experimenting with different art mediums, and I can’t wait to get started on this!

Plushies
Plushie designs have been sent to the factory for samples to be made. There will be 2 sizes. Currently waiting for them to be made & sent to me for design & quality checking.

Screw tray
After doing a poll on IG & discord, many of you have chosen a custom clay screw tray that matches DSA Mayora.
It will be crafted by my lovely friend, who runs a pottery studio. I will be discussing with them about the design.
Check them out here: WeekendWorker

Q&A - Answering Qns from IC feedback

Kewpie baby as one of the keys?
Unfortunately, I can’t use “Kewpie Baby” as it’s copyrighted. So this is Mayonnaise Baby👀  It’s on the Esc key & novelties!

Can I have white alphas in the base kit instead?
I received a few requests for white alphas in the base kit, but since this set is inspired by mayo, I really want to keep the yellow keys for the alphas to stay true to the theme. That being said, I’ve also created a separate white alphas kit for those who prefer a cleaner look. I hope you find something that suits your style!

What manufacturer are you considering?
I’m currently in the process of sourcing a manufacturer, and I’m excited to say that I’ve found a potential candidate. I’ll be testing some samples to ensure the quality and colour matching meet the standards before moving forward with production. I’ll keep you updated on the progress! :)

Please add banana keys for the Hahas?
Help??

Can some other keys be in a separate child kit?
After doing some research and speaking with the manufacturer about pricing and minimum order quantities, I decided to minimise the number of kits as much as possible. This way, we can avoid the risk of some kits not hitting MOQ and potentially leaving people unable to get the kits they want. Additionally, having separate child kits may increase the overall cost due to separate packaging, etc. Rest assured, I put a lot of thought into the kitting process to make it as convenient and inclusive as possible. As someone who also prefers a simpler approach, I wanted to create a kit that can cover most keyboards so you won't have to spend too much time figuring out which kits to get.

More contrast on the colours! (Red spacebar)
I'm glad to hear you enjoy contrast colours. While I do agree that they can be fun, for this particular set, I'm aiming for a softer, more subtle vibe. The accent keys are designed to provide just a small pop of colour and enhance the overall theme. :)

Can I have regular F1-F12 text & modifiers?
I appreciate your interest in having regular F1-F12 text and mods. However, I made a conscious decision to design the set without them to maintain a playful and whimsical aesthetic. Additionally, these keys can be used as novelties to add some unique flair to your keyboard and aren't restricted to text keys only. Feel free to get creative and use them in different ways!

Hiragana sub legends?
I did consider adding hiragana sub legends during the design process, but ultimately decided against it as it would make the set look too cluttered and take away from the clean and polished aesthetic that I am aiming for.

Hoodie?
I want a hoodie too! However, stocking different sizes can pose quite a challenge. Unfortunately, I don't currently have the capital to offer hoodies, but it's definitely something that's on my bucket list!

15cm plushie in a vinyl figure instead?
That would be really awesome to have. Unfortunately, if we go for mass manufacturing, there's usually a high MOQ involved, making it quite challenging. So, it's unlikely to happen, but I appreciate the thought!

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts & feedback with me! I’m grateful for your involvement every step of the way. As I move forward with the production process, I'll keep you updated on any significant developments, such as when samples arrive, or when the group buy goes live. I appreciate your patience as I navigate through the production process to make sure everything is executed smoothly and according to plan. Once again, thank you for your interest in this project. I hope this keyset brings joy to your keyboard setup, and I can't wait to share the final product with you all!

Colour Disclaimer
Please note actual colours may vary. It’s important to note that they may look different on a real product than what you see on your computer monitor. This is due to the fact that every computer monitor has a different capability to display colours and that everyone sees these colours differently.

For updates on this IC:
All Social Links | Instagram | Discord Server Invite

If you want to support this project, please add this signature and spread the word. Thank you! ;)

[url=https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=120027.0][img width=335 height=90]https://i.imgur.com/JS0KLHj.png[/img][/url]
« Last Edit: Sat, 23 March 2024, 03:30:36 by CactusSpace »
Join my Patreon!💌

Offline William_S_Jones

• Best Prime Ever!!!
@cactus space , thanks for the update, I'm definitely looking to getting this set!

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Offline CactusSpace

DSA Mayora Update: keyset, deskmat, screw tray, custom cable, plushies, and reusable bag + pouch

Bigger images | IG BTS | Join discord channel for quick updates

Happy new year! Many of you have been eagerly seeking updates, and I've been working to gather all the information before sharing. Given the complexity of the project, providing real-time updates has been challenging.

Additionally, I've just launched my Patreon! If you’re unfamiliar with Patreon, it's a monthly subscription platform where you can support me and my shop! Join to get perks like sneak peeks of new products, behind-the-scenes, sketches, early access to new products, and exclusive live streams. Everyone can join and leave at any time. Regardless of what you choose, I am so grateful for you and your support! I can't express how much joy it brings me to share my creations and connect with you.

Now, here's the latest on the DSA Mayora keyset, deskmat, screw tray, plushies, and reusable bag + pouch!

Regrettably, due to insufficient interest, I won't be proceeding with the ikki68 and ws morandi switches.

Keyset
After an intensive 7-month process involving collaboration with two manufacturers, six rounds of color matching, and three prototypes, we've arrived at the final prototype keyset!

The colors and dye-sub are exceptional, meeting all the requested unit keys from the IC. The only keys absent in this prototype are the 2.25u and 2.75u, as adjustments are needed for their molds. However, they will be included in the GB keyset.

Presenting the actual prototype DSA Mayora on the Zoom75-Milk tea.

Additionally, introducing the DSA aluminium artisan featuring a white e-coat with red enamel filling.

Wondering how I work with a keycap manufacturer? Read more here!

Deskmats

reddish-orange, white

dusty white

yellow mayo

Regarding the Deskmat, besides the original colors(reddish-orange, white), I experimented with two additional options: dusty white and yellow mayo. I'm still undecided on which ones will make it to the GB. However, I've sent the original colors to the manufacturer for a test print.

Receiving the prototype deskmat from the manufacturer and seeing it accurately executed on the first attempt brought me immense joy! It measures 700x400x4mm and has a smooth surface. For practicality, I've chosen to produce only the standard deskmat size (700x400) and forgo the mini keyboard mat (360x160) due to inventory constraints—perhaps in the future?

The custom die-cut shape turned out flawlessly!

The edge stitching is chef's kiss. Also the deskmat showcases the linoprint impressions and the charming imperfections from carving the linoleum.

Furthermore, I've added a label tag on the underside of the deskmat.

Documentation of how I designed the deskmats!

Screw Tray

As previously mentioned, the screw tray is being crafted by @weekendworker, a local ceramics studio in Singapore. After a meticulous process of four rounds and seven prototypes, here's the final result!

Given the constraints of ceramics, this glaze color is the closest approximation to DSA Mayora. While it won't be an exact color match to the keyset, it beautifully complements the Mayora theme. The tray measures 130x70x15mm. Additionally, I've attached a cork bottom piece to provide some cushioning when placing it on a table.

Wanna see how they crafted this ceramic piece? Read more here!

Plushies

It's plushie time, and oh my goodness, they're bursting with an overload of cuteness! Following collaboration with two manufacturers and after eight rounds of prototypes, behold the adorable and incredibly fluffy Mayora bottles!!

The cuddle buddy plushie measures 150x200x450mm, while the desktop buddy is 45x60x150mm.

The fabric is incredibly soft and furry!

Curious about how I worked with a plushie manufacturer? Read more here!

Reusable Bag + Pouch

I conducted an Instagram poll to gather your votes for designs to be printed on the bag. After collecting your responses, I sent the briefs to two manufacturers. Following seven rounds of prototypes, here's the outcome!

The bottle pouch measures 150x80mm, while the reusable bag folds up into a 100x100mm compartment. Additionally, the reusable bag can be neatly folded and stowed inside the bottle pouch.

Upon inspection in person, I noticed that the label tag on the bottle pouch seems slightly oversized. The label tag on the left is from the 15cm plushie, which is smaller. Please note that this final prototype features the larger label, but the production pieces will have the smaller label tag.

Here's a preview of how the bag looks alongside the other products! I'm thrilled that everything has materialized as I envisioned, creating a cohesive collection.

Here's how I worked with a manufacturer to make these adorable bag & pouch! Read more here!

Custom cables
Will be collaborating with @chewyie to make custom cables!
Based out of Australia.

If you've made it this far, a big thank you for reading through! I sincerely hope you found this update as enjoyable as I did while working through the process. Details regarding GB dates and prices will be disclosed in the next announcement. Stay tuned to my social media channels for the latest updates!

All Social Links
Patreon
Instagram
Youtoob
Discord Server Invite

Colour Disclaimer
Please note actual colours may vary. It’s important to note that they may look different on a real product than what you see on your computer monitor. This is because every computer monitor has a different capability to display colours and everyone sees these colours differently.

« Last Edit: Mon, 15 January 2024, 10:49:47 by CactusSpace »
Join my Patreon!💌

Offline itsazly

• website place
Yeah. Absolutely. I'm in. Now I just need to purchase one of those industrial tubs of kewpie to celebrate.

Offline konstantin

• Formerly constexpr
This is a well put together IC, and the keyset and extras look great. Kudos!

Offline sauvieng

this set is super cute. i'm in.

Offline CactusSpace

"sameki - mayo" by kiko.caps

Here's the first artisan collab!
Kiko.caps made Sameki hold tiny mayo bottles is the cutest!!! I wanna pinch it's cheek!
*raffle sale is held by kiko.caps

Raffle form | check them out

Colour Disclaimer
Please note actual colours may vary. It’s important to note that they may look different on a real product than what you see on your computer monitor. This is because every computer monitor has a different capability to display colours and everyone sees these colours differently.

If you want to support DSA Mayora, please add this signature and spread the word. Thank you! ;)

« Last Edit: Thu, 07 March 2024, 08:14:16 by CactusSpace »
Join my Patreon!💌

Offline CactusSpace

"Mayora Pipipi & DOT" by DOT.KEYng

OMG a mayo bottle that actually opens!
*FCFS sale is held by DOT.KEYng

FCFS form | check them out

"MooMani, Jammy, BanBani - Mayo" by SandunArt

Made by the lovely SandunArt.
Huuhuu they're so adorable!! They even have Mayora's face on them!
*raffle sale is held by SandunArt

Raffle form | check them out

Colour Disclaimer

If you want to support DSA Mayora, please add this signature and spread the word. Thank you! ;)

« Last Edit: Thu, 07 March 2024, 08:14:06 by CactusSpace »
Join my Patreon!💌

Offline CactusSpace

"Kewtie - the mayo-themed kitty" by teeny.snug

This is the cutest OMG *screams* :eek:
*Fulfilment sale is held by teeny.snug

Adopt Kewtie HERE | check them out

Colour Disclaimer

« Last Edit: Tue, 12 March 2024, 05:54:58 by CactusSpace »
Join my Patreon!💌

Offline CactusSpace

"BITE & Keyby - Mayo" by CYSM

Delicious :p
*Raffle sale was held by CYSM

Raffle Form | check them out

Colour Disclaimer

Join my Patreon!💌

Offline Mr Chrome

The continuity of the design is AMAZING here. Fantastic work, love Morandi switches too if that's still happening.
“This plastic rectangle is alright. The plastic rectangles on top of it, though...”

Offline CactusSpace

"Spook, Stripes, Rex, Bok - Mayo" by Okeydokey.studio

MAYO SQUAD POPS OUT :eek:
*Raffle sale held by OKDK

Colour Disclaimer

« Last Edit: Tue, 26 March 2024, 23:31:56 by CactusSpace »
Join my Patreon!💌

Offline CactusSpace

"Drip-cake Friends, Tunia & Ernie" by Meedee.key

Look at these cutie kapooties :p
*Raffle sale held by meedee.key

Colour Disclaimer

« Last Edit: Sun, 14 April 2024, 23:19:09 by CactusSpace »
Join my Patreon!💌

Offline CactusSpace

"Nero" by Raykey

it's holding a mayo bottle :p
*Raffle sale held by Raykey

Colour Disclaimer

Join my Patreon!💌