Author Topic: I introduce ungrateful guy "Balanar" to return evil for good.  (Read 182860 times)

Offline chaosstep

• From Hell
Hello,

I had very unfair trade(actually it was his request) with Balanar, So I tell you guys about that now.

Ok, before I write this thread about that dispute(actually now the claim),
I have to tell that I have been through with balanar.

A long time ago, I tell you guys how I came to know balanlar.
He suddenly sent the message via Geekhack when I was new here(I have acted on Keyboard communities in Korea for
4 years, So I know about keyboard very well. I just didn't know about Geekhack and Deskthority especially the worth of CC keycaps),
“I have some rare keycaps do you want to trade with you have got?”
But his items were too expensive, one example, he tried to trade 1 or 2 rare Click Clack skull or skulls to one of KMAC with full-tuned and assembled(Around 400$ or more).
Yeah maybe some people think that’s reasonable trade, but at least for me, that's totally non-sense.
In addition to I hate auction and the over-charge, re-selling. So I just rejected his proposals.

Time goes passes, He tried to requested me to get KMAC2 and some stuffs, Actually I was very busy that time and He was disreputable in Korea community.
(Because He always try to take advantage from the members who is new here with his CC keycaps)
even Geekhackers. So I didn’t want he involve me in any kind of trouble. I just want to trade with justice.
But He begged me for get something a lot of time, so I started to found out KMAC2 and some stuffs with kindness,
though I was really very busy at that time.
So finally I found and got KMAC2 using my money first in the range of his request.
But He suddenly said “I have to check more, why you bought without my confirm.” But that was too nonsense for me again, Because when we(Korean) request someone to get something, that means we can buy it for a requester as proxy and a request must buy it, a requester agreed and discussed before buying,
Who can hold KMAC2 for him without any kind of paying? Our problem was very started from that time.
Anyway, we admitted our wrong communication due to different our cultures,
so I posted a sale of thread and then sold it to another member. It was resolved by my own.

I start to tell the main problem now,
I found another KMAC2 and I told him all of descriptions. And He agreed and even requested to under-value 100$ as gift. For evade paying tax. That means he accepted there isn’t any kind of insurance and compensation.
In addition to Korea Policy, do not allow Electronic item with insurance.
Yeah so actually I don’t have the responsibility in law.
But suddenly he bringed the price from the first owner in Korea and He started to investigate me about why the price was increased.
But he didn't think carefully about where is Paypal fee? Local shipping fee, Considering transfer rate and Paypal transfer rate(I usually keep the money on paypal so I have to expect in future and prepare to risk about down rate),
the box to pack, a lot of bubble wrap, My efforts, Bring that heavy package to the post office, and everything I can't explain.
That was very annoyed me, because He agreed with the price but suddenly turn out to another person with wrong information.
But I explained him about that well so we agreed with the price I told him. In addition to I didn’t push to him to buy this that price, He totally agreed.
If he wanted to that with the first price, why try to transfer via Bank to me directly by our currency or find it himself?

Anyway, I got it from the previous seller. I always tested keyboards when I ship something to abroad, because if there is any kind of problem, that would bug me and a buyer.
In this time I’m sure I have tested at least 3-4 hours(Actually I can't remember But I had tested a quite long time) and even there is my Korean friend(Soulfree914).
He can also guarantee that was perfect working and has perfect condition.
In addition to I have used Cherry mechanical keyboard for 4 years and I have been through at least 40-50 keyboards
(product keyboard and custom keyboard both), I'm very sensitive and picky.
So if there was a problem he was saying, I defenitely noticed that and then solved it of course.
By the way I decided to it’s ok to ship, the packing was really perfect
(Maybe when you receive something from me, You will know that, I always use a ton of bubble wrap)and then shipped out with EMS. I have trade some stuffs with Geekhackers who live in abroad a lot of time, But there were no accidents.
Korea POST tracking system also shown he got it on 12. June. Here is the capture file.

But he suddenly talked to me, “A” key has problem, It was still working but not working smoothly”
After 1 weeks later since he received it, that’s kind of strange for me. Because when we get something what is second-hand from the trade, we should try to test ASAP.
Actually who know he mistook to pour some water in to that KMAC2 or drop it, what happend I don't know in that week.

And that’s the fact he’s lying. He said “I picked up it very last night(19. June)” but Korea post tracking system always tell the truth with that proof. (12. June)

The signature was BALA, you don't agree? If you didn't, who was he? It's your doppleganger?
Don't try to lie like "He was my father", if that is that means you didn't pick up it on the post office too.

Though all that unclear situations, I had tried to help him, give him the link of KMAC manual, tell him to find someone to solve it, it had just “A” key problem if he told the truth, it’s very easy to solve. Just desolder "A" key and replaced it.
But he didn’t try anything for his KMAC2, just continue to grumble and annoyed me
so I said “just send it to me, I solve it and return to you. I’ll pay half of returning fee”
Yeah, But he suddenly reacted emotionally, rejected my proposal and dispute it on Paypal.
"I thought at least you pay all of returning fee, blah blah". (He is too talkative, please tell me the truth and main point,
You always make me to waste time.)
Actually since he wanted to declare it as 100$ without insurance, I have no responsibility at all, But I have tried to help to the my best.

So I conclude it was his big plan to screw me at the beginning. Actually I don’t know why he planned.
If he really wanted to use that KMAC2, why request me to find it,
why rejected my proposal, why didn’t try anything??? It is still very mystery for now.

Here is the invoice of shipping,
You guys can see that it declared 100$ without insurance as gift.

Anyway,
We have the claim on Paypal now, because he knows Paypal well, they have good policy for buyer.
He just started to dispute, but I escalated it to the Claim.
Think about that and common sense,
if I acted guilty, why I escalated it to that? I’m not crazy man. I’m honest with that request that's why I did like that.

Actually since Paypal is taking buyer’s side, I’m kind of worry about that though I submitted a lot of proofs.
If Paypal decide he’s right, I’ll meet a very complicated trouble,
 - It was not mine at the beginning I was just as his proxy on his request.
 - If he return it to me but the previous seller never accept it.
 - I also don’t want use to this
 - He might do something to that KMAC2 and return to me, I’m very worry of that.
 - If there is any kind of accident, KMAC2 and my money will be up in the air.

Yeah it’s kind of long story, I had a big headache due to this problem.
If you don’t have time to read carefully, OK In short here,

1. He requested me to get KMAC2 at the beginning(IT”S NOT NORMAL TRADE, HIS REQUEST)
2. I found and he totally agreed with that KMAC2(the price, condition, ETC)
3. He wanted to declare 100$ as gift without insurance. That means he agreed with any kind of accidents, I have no responsibility.
4. He received it on 12. June, But he told me there is a problem on 20. June, and tried to lie “I just opened it last night”
5. The problem is only “A” key, it’s working but in according to his saying, It works not smoothly.
6. Who knows he mistook to pour some water or drop it, though all of unclear situations, I have tried to solve this,
   “I’ll pay half of shipping fee, just send it to me and I resolve it and then back it to you."
7. But He rejected my proposal and start to dispute on Paypal.
8. I don’t want to talk with him, SO I just escalated it to the claim, I submitted at least 14 of proofs and will submit some more.
9. Paypal just start to investigate

He’s really ingrate, ignore all my efforts. I have never seen like him in my life.
If he asked me "Help me, I can't solve on by own" and with kindness I'm sure to help him,
But he was really rude, I'm not seller I just did your request.
In addition to I didn’t try to sell some to him due to his bad reputation, it was all his request.

So I decided to reveal all that situation you guys.
As far as I know it's not first troublesome with him, Some people in here also were victim by him.

Actually I decided to throw away my money if he took money from me and also he might throw away or do something
to that KMAC2
But It's worth to all geekhackers who he is and what he has been.
I would like to that this situation will never happen again on Geekhack.
Yeah, as far as I know he is still trying to troll new members even now,

Actaully I don't know why he is here,
but I'm sure he wants a big profit by re-selling buy something with cheap price and then sell something with extremly high price.

Thanks for reading and beware of him, his ID Balanar.
Here is victim again.

Chaosstep

PS. There are many messages and proofs, If you want I'll show them.

PS2. I'll have a vacation next week, So I can response on 7. July

----------------------------- DONE --------------------------------

And It was sold with crazy down price :|
« Last Edit: Wed, 26 February 2014, 22:40:31 by chaosstep »

Offline funkymeeba

• CRUMPULAR
  • WEST SHINJUKU PLANTING TUNE
Re: I introduce ungrateful guy "Balanar" to return evil for good.
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 28 June 2013, 20:41:05 »
Man, what's with all the scamming lately? I think you're not the only one who is getting ripped off right now. Just the same, that's a pretty huge amount of money to be losing when you were only proxying.

I hope it all works out in your favor, chaosstep!
17:15 < vun> these are the healthiest crisps I've ever come across
17:16 < vun> mostly because I can't get the bag open

meebcats - my bad music

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #2 on: Fri, 28 June 2013, 20:53:09 »
okay sorry for that.

anyway, i had to deal with this guy also (balanar). he bought some stuff for me and he asked me if it was okay to have stuff shipped to me that i can send it all together so he can save on shipping. now, i dont mind helping people out and for the most part he was cool and liked here so why not?

so i start getting stuff and i become busy with work so we continue to miss each other. finally he asks me to ship him his stuff, but i told him that the package was big and the shipping was going to be expensive. he started to moan about the price and after i suggested insurance he said no. so we settled on  cheapest shipping possible, no insurance and marked at 100 value.

he sends me his address, and i go to ship. after i tell him i do, he starts to complain that i never gave him a chance to pick what shipping and what insurance he wanted. i apologize but i told him he told me one thing and then changed his mind.

so time goes by and his package is taking a long time to get to him. we check the status and it says it has a wrong address. he starts to blame me and says that he's going out of his way to track the package. meanwhile, he said that if it gets sent back to me it's MY problem and that i should come out of pocket (which i would have if it indeed was my problem, or if he was nice about it) and ship it back. he finally gets it, he PMs me saying it had the wrong addres.. so i take a screenshot of what he sent me over PM and he still says that's not what it says on the package. luckily, i still had my copy so i told him to take a picture of the label and prove that it's not what he sent me. magically, he's not home. and after multiple times asking him to provide proof he basically brushes me off because he knows he's in the wrong. and still tried to blame me.

so, yeah, i apologize for my prior outburst. but this guy is not to be dealt with. i've warned multiple people about dealing with him because he's shady.
« Last Edit: Fri, 28 June 2013, 21:32:18 by demik »
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline WhiteFireDragon

• youtube
« Reply #3 on: Fri, 28 June 2013, 21:05:37 »
Hmm what a shame. I was friends with him on here before he left, and talked to him quite a lot in PMs. I got 3 kmac2's from him to assemble without problem, but I think it may have been marked up a bit. I also helped him proxy stuff, but luckily I had no problems.

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
I can't say much with balanar, we've had one deal and it went well.

But chaos is an amazing guy. He has helped me out in a similar way and i'll always love him for it. ****ty to hear this has happened to such an upstanding guy who will do so much for people he barely knows.

Offline jcrouse

Hmm what a shame. I was friends with him on here before he left, and talked to him quite a lot in PMs. I got 3 kmac2's from him to assemble without problem, but I think it may have been marked up a bit. I also helped him proxy stuff, but luckily I had no problems.
So you have to ask, "if he got 3 kmac 2's from you why is he looking for more"? He is the ultimate flipper.

Offline squarebox

• In Omnia Paratus
« Reply #6 on: Fri, 28 June 2013, 23:31:04 »
Balanar is a notorious flipper/sca**er in my local forums as well... Balanar is known as pho3nixor in my forum.
Link for reference:http://forums.vr-zone.com/traders-corner/2654179-pho3nixor-trade-experience.html
Filco Yellow Edition  | Filco Brown | Filco 2 Brown TKL | G80-1950 | G80-3494 | G80-11900 | Leopold FC500R | Noppoo Choc Mini

Online tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #7 on: Sat, 29 June 2013, 05:47:42 »
Yea dude, Balanar is just a plain total douchebag... I know him from slickdeals..

Hang that m0therfvcker....

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
I had a issue with him quite a while back. Which was quite large ($400). I found out later that he scammed the guy to get that item he sold me as well on another forum.

I have heard bad things from at least 2 other GHers about him as well after I talked to them about what happened.

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
« Reply #9 on: Sat, 29 June 2013, 06:00:14 »
I had a issue with him quite a while back. Which was quite large ($400). I found out later that he scammed the guy to get that item he sold me as well on another forum.

I have heard bad things from at least 2 other GHers about him as well after I talked to them about what happened.

Oh the irony!
Vendor Status: Sadly, not taking any orders/pre-orders at this time

Vendor Quick Links: | Vendor Forum | Hardwood Wrist Rests | Hardwood 60% Cases | Customer Gallery | Giveaway |

Online tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #10 on: Sat, 29 June 2013, 06:05:47 »

The thing I don't understand most is that it seems Balanar puts alot of effort into scamming people.... for very little money...  so I could only assume what he gets out of it is the satisfaction of scamming??

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #11 on: Sat, 29 June 2013, 06:07:28 »
he has literally just bought a GH t shirt from me
I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Online tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #12 on: Sat, 29 June 2013, 06:43:00 »

why, you think he's gonna try to flip the shirt for +$5 profit??

:))

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #13 on: Sat, 29 June 2013, 07:37:17 »

why, you think he's gonna try to flip the shirt for +$5 profit??

:))

Or file a dispute for the fun of it and freeze Bunny's account :(
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline naokira

• The King in the North
« Reply #14 on: Sat, 29 June 2013, 07:58:21 »
Sorry to hear that man. The Balanar hero in Dota is kinda douche-looking too LOL!
FaceW in LZ-CE

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
  • sorry if i was ever an ******* to you
« Reply #15 on: Sat, 29 June 2013, 08:47:34 »
Sorry to hear that man. The Balanar hero in Dota is kinda douche-looking too LOL!
I was thinking this too..
https://kbdarchive.org/
github
discord: hi mum#5710

Online tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #16 on: Sat, 29 June 2013, 09:19:11 »
Oh NOs... what will all the Ghers wear to work on monday....

edit: wow, need more coffee in the morning, sorry TP.  apparently reply still isn't far enough from modify.

Offline mashby

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • What Up Shoney? (ツ)_/¯
    • Mashby
Re: I introduce ungrateful guy &quot;Balanar&quot; to return evil for good.
« Reply #17 on: Sat, 29 June 2013, 09:38:33 »

Offline alaricljs

• I be WOT'ing all day...
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #18 on: Sat, 29 June 2013, 09:41:06 »
Oh NOs... what will all the Ghers wear to work on monday....

My PJs as always :)
Filco w/ Imsto thick PBT
Ducky 1087XM PCB+Plate, w/ Matias "Quiet Click" spring-swapped w/ XM Greens

Offline ApocalypseMaow

• Kitteh Overlord
  • Say WHAAT...
« Reply #19 on: Sat, 29 June 2013, 09:48:36 »

Show Image

LOL
{WTT}HoffNudes(WTS)BLK LightSaverV2         
"#baby****fangerz" -Vesper 2015

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #20 on: Sat, 29 June 2013, 09:49:35 »

I would refund and cancel the order if I were you.
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline ApocalypseMaow

• Kitteh Overlord
  • Say WHAAT...
« Reply #21 on: Sat, 29 June 2013, 09:51:35 »

Yeah, I just noticed his the one PMing me about my CCnG set...  :eek:
{WTT}HoffNudes(WTS)BLK LightSaverV2         
"#baby****fangerz" -Vesper 2015

Offline mashby

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • What Up Shoney? (ツ)_/¯
    • Mashby
« Reply #22 on: Sat, 29 June 2013, 10:05:34 »
I hate to even say it, but it makes me wish there was a "Wall of Shame". Unfortunately, I think things would get out of hand in a hurry, so it'd have to be moderated and who the hell would want to do that?

It's only when posts like these pop up that a lot of this information comes to light. But in six months this thread will be buried.  :(

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
« Reply #23 on: Sat, 29 June 2013, 10:36:58 »
I hate to even say it, but it makes me wish there was a "Wall of Shame". Unfortunately, I think things would get out of hand in a hurry, so it'd have to be moderated and who the hell would want to do that?

It's only when posts like these pop up that a lot of this information comes to light. But in six months this thread will be buried.  :(

Start a blacklist of people who to won't trade with.

Vendor Quick Links: | Vendor Forum | Hardwood Wrist Rests | Hardwood 60% Cases | Customer Gallery | Giveaway |

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #24 on: Sat, 29 June 2013, 10:39:24 »

There is this one guy...,who offers toast and never delivers.

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
« Reply #25 on: Sat, 29 June 2013, 10:42:52 »

There is this one guy...,who offers toast and never delivers.

huehuehue

(send my godamn toast!!!!!!!)

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #26 on: Sat, 29 June 2013, 12:09:19 »

its already gone out, im sure its all fine but fingers crossed
I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline WhiteFireDragon

• youtube
« Reply #27 on: Sat, 29 June 2013, 14:47:43 »

Interesting that you would come in here and share your story about a scammer.

Well look in the mirror.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #28 on: Sat, 29 June 2013, 15:00:25 »

Well look in the mirror.

Given all the replies TheProf has... I think you should have really worked on your burn, just a little more lol

Offline longweight

• philanthropist
« Reply #29 on: Sat, 29 June 2013, 15:06:10 »

Oh the irony!

LOL this made me laugh!

Online tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #30 on: Sat, 29 June 2013, 16:01:14 »

Well look in the mirror.

the profosist is a scammer?  I thought he was just overbooked...

Offline longweight

• philanthropist
« Reply #31 on: Sat, 29 June 2013, 16:02:04 »

Well look in the mirror.

Well he has taken the money and only offered poor excuses and keeps stalling.

Online tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #32 on: Sat, 29 June 2013, 16:05:22 »

Well look in the mirror.

well yea, I've heard of that part, but that's why I thought he's overbooked..  Is every one in accord that he's full on scamming?

Offline longweight

• philanthropist
« Reply #33 on: Sat, 29 June 2013, 16:06:54 »

Well look in the mirror.

well yea, I've heard of that part, but that's why I thought he's overbooked..  Is every one in accord that he's full on scamming?

I don't think that it is intentional but he has royally ****ed up and doesn't have the capability to deal with it.

Online tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #34 on: Sat, 29 June 2013, 16:10:25 »

Well look in the mirror.

I don't think that it is intentional but he has royally ****ed up and doesn't have the capability to deal with it.

Where does he live, I can get some minimum wage labor together and finish all the keyboards if you guys transfer the stuff to me.

Offline longweight

• philanthropist
« Reply #35 on: Sat, 29 June 2013, 16:12:21 »
He hasn't ordered the stuff but cannot refund the money....

Offline longweight

• philanthropist
« Reply #37 on: Sat, 29 June 2013, 16:15:37 »
I believe so.

Offline longweight

• philanthropist
« Reply #39 on: Sat, 29 June 2013, 16:20:27 »
I'm not sure, luckily I cancelled at invoice stage.

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
« Reply #40 on: Sat, 29 June 2013, 17:34:19 »
Guys if u want to talk about the issues with my gb start another thread as this is about balamar.

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
  • King of All Klaxon Sciences and Cable Makery
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #41 on: Sat, 29 June 2013, 17:55:02 »
Guys if u want to talk about the issues with my gb start another thread as this is about balamar.

Maybe if you answered the posed questions in the existing threads, it wouldn't leak into here.  You're such a ****in' joke.

Online tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #42 on: Sat, 29 June 2013, 18:42:27 »

Maybe if you answered the posed questions in the existing threads, it wouldn't leak into here.  You're such a ****in' joke.

chill, he may be doing his best.. if the profosist straight up scamming you guys, why would he still be here. because it's not like you guys can't find out his address... this is the internet afterall.

Offline balanar

« Reply #43 on: Sat, 29 June 2013, 19:23:40 »

Ok wow so many wonderful comments here but I have to at least share abit more so you can get a better impression of what has happened. Let me try and address these issues one by one.

@ Chaosstep/Chul: Like I have mentioned to you before, there are several other Korean Geekhackers on here and I have had friendly dealings with them. No issues whatsoever.

About our first transaction that fell through, I was very clear that I wanted to be informed before something, especially a $4xx USD keyboard was purchased. Is wanting to be asked before you spend my money wrong?? That did worry me but after that I clearly stated what item with specific configurations would be ok to purchase first and tell me later.

Another reason why I was so wary of you was because of the whole debacle where a respected Korean member ( I'm gonna respect his privacy) came right out and warned me about purchasing from you. Not to mention that whole series of shady messages from you.

Anyways, a few things came to light after talking with the other Korean member because he apparently hadn't even heard of Chaossstep/Chul. Also, the repeated declarations of Chul claiming to have sold the board at cost etc came under fire when a sizable mark up was noticed.

*NOTE*: I did not complain about the markup in any way. Merely the hypocrisy of someone who continually claimed that he was doing this out of goodwill etc to be in this position. I have always had the stand that the value of an item is determined by the willingness of a buyer.

So after all this, when I finally collect it from the post office and am able to plug it in and try it out, I am shocked to find the A key registers only sometimes. I know the packaging was not damaged and that the physical keyboard arrived safely so this problem must have been present prior to shipping. I am definitely angry because Chul has been assuring me it is perfect all the way only to find this. I contact him telling him about this and the first thing he accuses me of is that I might have done something with the board. Also accuses me of pouring water onto it (WTF). After so much time handling such keyboards etc, to find that a seller is so ready to accuse me of this without due cause is ridiculous. The alternative he proposed of shipping it back to him and then to me would set me back a lot of money for no apparent fault of mine. Also, quite frankly I was paranoid about sending it back to him. So to have him rant on and on about me even having to pay his medical bills for his headaches just made me realise no solution was going to come out of this.

@ demik: First off, I did check my end of things after the last PM exchange we had and I did indeed send you an incomplete address. I also did PM you about that apologizing but if you did not read/receive it, you can take this as an official apology for that. However, you should also share the duration ( ~4 months) over which the entire 'deal' lasted. I know you were doing me a favour and I was grateful throughout the entire process but like I stated in pms that time, not receiving a reply for long periods of time didn't help. You said you were busy but that doesn't make sense because you were online and posting etc. Anyways, did I not pay you for the shipping? I believe I stated I was waiting for funds to transfer from my bank and when it did I paid you. So again, I don't think I was acting shady because throughout the entire exchange my items were with you and you were the one lacking in communication. This especially compounded with how you magically were hyper enthused about pms when asking for your shipping fee and why I didn't reply after a single day was quite frankly hilarious when compared to the many many days I waited patiently for your replies.

@TheProfosist: I think your involvement in this is peripheral at best and I know ordway has settled everything with you so frankly I don't see what you're trying to achieve here. Anyways, I think you have your own ****storm to fight so maybe you should settle that before flinging it at others?

@BunnyLake: Lol I wonder why I willingly made a donation to your  cause if I were going to make a PayPal claim?

I’ve made no secret of my habits when it comes to keyboards/keycaps. There are so many things out there that I want to try but obviously cannot keep them all. So I buy, try, sell and move on. I’ve had huge sales with big ticket items go smoothly and many members have had trades with me free of issues. I've taken hits on several trades/sales with members but don't see the need to advertise it etc.I’ve bought so much damn stuff here and have not chargebacked anything at all.
This incident with Chul is my first and hopefully my last.

Edit: Just want to add that this is the internet so some might say that the person who posts most has the best chance of 'winning' and I am definitely not one of those. So please don't expect to continually waste so much time on replies like this. If this is indirectly an encouragement for people to continually flame me, so be it.
« Last Edit: Sat, 29 June 2013, 19:25:54 by balanar »

Offline balanar

« Reply #44 on: Sat, 29 June 2013, 19:30:26 »
Oh and I'm not going to go into detail about the local incident but again, very obvious if you read the whole thing that I didn't scam anyone.

Long story short:  An arrogant prick lost his head and made a dumb mistake and I simply am not big enough a person to take so much **** from him and still save him from his own stupidity.

Offline pasph

« Reply #45 on: Sat, 29 June 2013, 19:43:13 »

Be ashamed
"There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life"

Offline chaosstep

• From Hell
« Reply #46 on: Sat, 29 June 2013, 20:06:30 »
Oh I'm on the train to vacation now and just saw your post.
Welcom fianally the ultimate ungrateful flipper comes here, lol.

I don't know who was talking about me but
I'm very known as Venom on korea's community even more famous than that members who told
me in korea. If you're confident, why don't you tell his name?
In addition to if he warned you to buy that kmac, why didn't you cancel the request huh because you wanted to resell this although you had at least 3 of KMAC2s ?
Repeat if you didn't request me to get it, I never go to buy Kmac2
You don't undertand? And I even didn't know that kmac was his before you request.

So you're still lying everyone though there are all clear those proofs.
Why i accused? I didn't, just tell you the truth. Why you did't tell me about if there is problem when you received it?
Why after 1 weeks later you told me? You even don't try to explain those proofs now.
in addition to you have a ton of troubles with GH members and
Very bad reputation. You don't have eyes? If you're not just look at the replies about you.

Ok, if you can't admit those proofs I don't want to talk with you anymore,
It's just waste time.
Just talk here on yourself but it seems nobody will be your side yeah read member's response. lol

By the way,
You misunderstand Korean, that was not fair trade.
They very regreted to buy something with extremly price from you.
Me? I'll let them know your ID(actually already)and all Korean community.
You understimate my effective on korea's community.
Good luck with reselling with our Koreans in future.

Anyway,
I'll just follow Paypal's decision no matter how it may turn out.

But if you win, you shoudn't do somthing to That Kmac2 ;)
I warn you.
« Last Edit: Sat, 29 June 2013, 20:44:48 by chaosstep »

Offline Techno Trousers

• ʘ_ಠ
« Reply #47 on: Sat, 29 June 2013, 20:08:30 »
Wow this thread did a full on  pirouette. Isn't heatware supposed to prevent these sort of things from happening? I haven't bought /sold anything here yet, so forgive my ignorance.

Offline balanar

« Reply #48 on: Sat, 29 June 2013, 20:30:03 »
Erm, Chul I did mention that I wanted to protect his privacy. I could ask the same of you; since we were talking about it, go ahead and state the name if you want to lol. I don't really believe in this kinds of threads because they will always balloon up into flaming each other. Not to mention people thread crapping etc. So forgive me if I don't want to be the one to drag anyone else into this.

I never told anyone I bought 3. I think you can ask WFD about that because I had 3 KMACs sent to him for assembly. Not all 3 were mine, I was helping friends as well. Besides even if I did, is having more than 1 KMAC a crime on a KEYBOARD forum rofl??

What exactly am I lying about? The keyboard arrived in Singapore and was at the post office. I was staying in hall/hostel and picked it up on the way back home. Opened it that night, discovered the issue and contacted you. What should I explain?

Oh for the record, I don't give a crap about who posts on whose side etc. This isn't a popularity contest . The facts are there. Didn't you get lambasted on this very forum for profiteering?

Online tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #49 on: Sat, 29 June 2013, 20:58:49 »
ah... you 2 should just kiss and make up.... it's just a freaking keyboard.