Author Topic: [IC] SKB2 - steel, isolation top mount, powder coated / ETA set!  (Read 288663 times)

Offline lz2019

Re: [IC] SKB2 - steel, isolation top mount, powder coated / BEIGE VOTED!
« Reply #1050 on: Tue, 21 April 2020, 12:41:35 »
Really like the many sizes being offered  :thumb: 
Will this be at same price range as the previous round of SKB75 & SKB60?
Thanks.
OP is a fantastic source of information.
It has the following FAQ entry:
Q: How much will it cost?
A: Prices are not set jet. Too many variables. Rough estimate is that the smallest 40% will land slightly under 100€ and the biggest 95% version will be around 150€. That's without the PCB and Shipping.

Thank! Sorry I didn't catch that info in the beginning, was completely absorbed in the features.

Offline lz2019

« Reply #1051 on: Tue, 21 April 2020, 12:48:47 »
Will there be any decoration on the case on where the 95% additional key used to be? It loocks a bit weird on the reserved space...

No, certainly not. You should learn to appreciate the presence of unspoiled, free space. I prefer to let a surface just be what it is, without cramming a logo in.

Exactly!
btw, any estimate about when GB can start? (sorry if this is a repeated question)

Offline Senor Coconut

• FR (ISO or not)
« Reply #1052 on: Tue, 21 April 2020, 12:52:45 »
Plastik wrote "probably" this week…

Offline PlastikSchnittstelle

« Reply #1053 on: Tue, 21 April 2020, 13:02:03 »
Yes, maybe still this week.
I'm currently preparing the last shop related things.
If not this week, it definitely has to be still this month!

Offline lush_bunny

• TBR Prime | 7V | Pandora | Kaze
« Reply #1054 on: Tue, 21 April 2020, 17:19:37 »
Yes, maybe still this week.
I'm currently preparing the last shop related things.
If not this week, it definitely has to be still this month!

Fingers crossed on the GB window being generous. Recovering some money on May.

Offline online

« Reply #1055 on: Wed, 22 April 2020, 06:43:39 »
can the steel version be polished after? (mirror-like finish)
Also, how big is the space between PCB and the bottom case? I'm thinking of using a Bluetooth PCB, so need space for battery(~3mm).

You can do with it whatever you want.

It's an angled case. In the front the PCB almost touches the bottom, at the back there is up to 10mm of space. I think the bluetooth signal will have a hard time getting out of the steel case.

is hotswap compatible? i.e. would the hotswap socket touches the case?

Offline JustinUtherdude

« Reply #1056 on: Wed, 22 April 2020, 15:20:28 »
too bad the early bird closed out. will the keyboard group buy be in euros or USD?

Offline steezkeez

« Reply #1057 on: Wed, 22 April 2020, 15:33:04 »
Glad I got an early bird spot, super excited for this!

Offline FearsomeCubedWarrior

•  Post Reporting Timeout
« Reply #1058 on: Wed, 22 April 2020, 15:36:43 »
~
« Last Edit: Mon, 15 April 2024, 20:58:54 by FearsomeCubedWarrior »

« Reply #1059 on: Wed, 22 April 2020, 15:48:31 »
can the steel version be polished after? (mirror-like finish)
Also, how big is the space between PCB and the bottom case? I'm thinking of using a Bluetooth PCB, so need space for battery(~3mm).

You can do with it whatever you want.

It's an angled case. In the front the PCB almost touches the bottom, at the back there is up to 10mm of space. I think the bluetooth signal will have a hard time getting out of the steel case.

is hotswap compatible? i.e. would the hotswap socket touches the case?

Yes, hotswap PCBs do fit. In fact I had ordered a DZ60RGB from KBDfans just to check. It is in one of the test builds, fits fine. Although the PCB isn't screwed to the plate, switch swapping works. It's also enough clearance for sip sockets.

« Reply #1060 on: Wed, 22 April 2020, 15:51:42 »
too bad the early bird closed out. will the keyboard group buy be in euros or USD?

All prices will be in Euro. At checkout they will be converted to your local currency.

Offline Iamsosmrt

« Reply #1061 on: Wed, 22 April 2020, 16:18:46 »
I'm totally going to get the 1800 layout board. I'm also happy that there isn't the extra key in the top row because it looked out of place.

I really like the bent steel look. I will probably get the yellow version to pair with nautilus v2. The renders of the set on the 75% look really good. I really hope the yellow colors of the board and set will match.

Offline JustinUtherdude

« Reply #1062 on: Wed, 22 April 2020, 16:32:46 »
I might be in for one, depending on what the non-early-bird prices look like.

Offline killchain

« Reply #1063 on: Thu, 23 April 2020, 08:51:27 »
For the 96%, I hope the 5 keys in the upper right are still an option.

As for the Eon PCBs, is there anywhere I can see them detailed, or are they going to be made to order for the SKB2? Still interested in split spacebar for the 75% and 96% and I hope at least that the plates will support that if the PCBs won't (the title post only shows the 87% with split spacebar).

Offline depletedvespene

• Old, used-up vespene geyser.
    • Keyboard-related resources.
« Reply #1064 on: Thu, 23 April 2020, 17:53:11 »
Potentially dumb question here: could a 40% be workable as a vertical macropad? Rotate it in 90%, put the keycaps facing "east", program it in QMK to serve as a combined numpad/hexapad/macropad? Or would it, in its lowest angle, still be awkward to use?

Offline teejstroyer

« Reply #1065 on: Thu, 23 April 2020, 17:56:55 »
Potentially dumb question here: could a 40% be workable as a vertical macropad? Rotate it in 90%, put the keycaps facing "east", program it in QMK to serve as a combined numpad/hexapad/macropad? Or would it, in its lowest angle, still be awkward to use?
Surely it’s possible , and I suppose if it’s to your side angled inward it would be quite comfortable really

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline consumer

« Reply #1066 on: Thu, 23 April 2020, 23:23:02 »
Is there a difference between the cases for 60 HHKB and 60 BW B? Looks like I can swap out the plate/PCB between the two cases?

Offline RominRonin

• * Maker
« Reply #1067 on: Thu, 23 April 2020, 23:28:10 »
Surely it’s possible , and I suppose if it’s to your side angled inward it would be quite comfortable really

Possible... yes.

But I imagine the extra height would significantly change many of the variables that Plastik. has already worked out regarding the bending, mounting and alignment of the case, so I would be surprised if he were to add such an option without the need of further prototyping (which costs money).

That’s not to answer for him, I’m just saying I wouldn’t set my hopes too high for this :)

Offline consumer

« Reply #1068 on: Fri, 24 April 2020, 00:50:26 »
Is there a difference between the cases for 60 HHKB and 60 BW B? Are they the same? I expect I can swap the plate/PCB between the two and change from staggered to ortholinear?

Offline Nim

« Reply #1069 on: Fri, 24 April 2020, 03:42:43 »
Is there a difference between the cases for 60 HHKB and 60 BW B? Are they the same? I expect I can swap the plate/PCB between the two and change from staggered to ortholinear?

I think the 60s just have a Blocker/Non Blocker version and everything else is just the plate

« Reply #1070 on: Fri, 24 April 2020, 05:34:05 »

No.
Link to the vote.
Link to the Results.
Btw, I stick to 95% now, not 96.

As for the Eon PCBs, is there anywhere I can see them detailed, or are they going to be made to order for the SKB2? Still interested in split spacebar for the 75% and 96% and I hope at least that the plates will support that if the PCBs won't (the title post only shows the 87% with split spacebar).

Maarten designs the PCBs. I had shown the TKL prototype (Eon87) here. It is the only one with split spacebar support and the plate will support it as well. All of the others do not have split spacebar support, not the PCBs and not the plates. I had mentioned earlier why not.

More PCB prototypes are ordered. More details soon.

« Reply #1071 on: Fri, 24 April 2020, 05:35:49 »

Possible... yes.

But I imagine the extra height would significantly change many of the variables that Plastik. has already worked out regarding the bending, mounting and alignment of the case, so I would be surprised if he were to add such an option without the need of further prototyping (which costs money).

That’s not to answer for him, I’m just saying I wouldn’t set my hopes too high for this :)

Yes, the angle would probably make it awkward to use, i think. In its normal position, as macropad, yeah, I guess that could work.

A Numpad was suggested before but it is way too late in the process to add it. No chance at this point.

« Reply #1072 on: Fri, 24 April 2020, 05:36:25 »

I think the 60s just have a Blocker/Non Blocker version and everything else is just the plate

Exactly, only the plate is different. Yes, plate/PCB swapping totally welcome :)

Offline Vireca

« Reply #1073 on: Fri, 24 April 2020, 07:56:58 »
Is there any sample of the yellow color? Would like to see it and check if it may match KAT Milkshake colors
« Last Edit: Fri, 24 April 2020, 08:14:57 by Vireca »

« Reply #1074 on: Fri, 24 April 2020, 08:14:12 »
What do you mean by samples? One of the many photos I posted?
- Link 1
- Link 2
- Link 3

Or the many renderings I did?
- Yellow and Nautilus
- Yellow and Taro
- Yellow and something close to Lux
- Yellow, first try

Many of these pictures are in the start post as well. It is RAL1023. You can check the RGB equivalent over here.

Offline chris_1865

« Reply #1075 on: Fri, 24 April 2020, 09:14:36 »
Will there be any decoration on the case on where the 95% additional key used to be? It loocks a bit weird on the reserved space...

No, certainly not. You should learn to appreciate the presence of unspoiled, free space. I prefer to let a surface just be what it is, without cramming a logo in.

I don't think letting a surface is ugly, it's just a little bit awkward, like an incomplete line in Tetris. Anyway I'm still interested in this 95% and planning to get 1 or 2 sets.

Btw I would like to ask if the cut files would be shared after the group buy, since I'm willing to buy an extra pcb and build a 96% by modifying the cut files.

Thx for answering!

« Reply #1076 on: Fri, 24 April 2020, 11:51:00 »

I don't think letting a surface is ugly, it's just a little bit awkward, like an incomplete line in Tetris. Anyway I'm still interested in this 95% and planning to get 1 or 2 sets.

Happy that you still like it although you prefer it with the extra key. Well, some would prefer it with the fifth key but even more prefer the cluster to be of four. That's the vote, that's what it is now.

« Reply #1077 on: Fri, 24 April 2020, 11:52:48 »
Btw I would like to ask if the cut files would be shared after the group buy, since I'm willing to buy an extra pcb and build a 96% by modifying the cut files.

Thx for answering!

Design files

People asking for design files really don't seem to have any clue about the time and work that gets put into such a project. Either no clue at all or just totally shameless.
It baffles me how one could ask this.
No, I'm not giving out my design files.
I don't want to be rude, I just feel this needs to be said.

Wait, maybe I had been a bit clueless myself once. A long time ago, before I had done any keyboard related project myself, I wanted to do some keycap renders to help out on some ideas for a GMK GB. I just assumed I had to just ask any person who is in possesion of the CAD files so I could just drop on the materials and start rendering. This is already many years back, I think it was zambumon who I wrote a pm to, asking for the cherry keycap CAD files. Since working with CAD is part of my job, I know this stuff is a lot of work and it already dawned on me that asking for this probably isn't a good idea but I did it anyway. I got a short reply, it wasn't rude but it was clear that I would have to do it myself. It took me a VERY LONG TIME to get the caps right. This helped me to understand why one would not just give the files away. I even felt shame for having asked for it in the first place. In the end I was very happy that I didn't just get the keycap files but instead put in the work myself. All my renderings have the caps that I modeled myself.

I could have just answered your request with a simple no. Now that I took the time to tell you this little story and provide you with some context, I hope you realize that I don't want to be rude, I'm just hoping you understand it a little better now.

Offline hmmmwhatsthis

• no
« Reply #1078 on: Fri, 24 April 2020, 13:36:31 »

Thx for answering!

Design files

People asking for design files really don't seem to have any clue about the time and work that gets put into such a project. Either no clue at all or just totally shameless.

Wait, maybe I had been a bit clueless myself once. A long time ago, before I had done any keyboard related project myself, I wanted to do some keycap renders to help out on some ideas for a GMK GB. I just assumed I had to just ask any person who is in possesion of the CAD files so I could just drop on the materials and start rendering. This is already many years back, I think it was zambumon who I wrote a pm to, asking for the cherry keycap CAD files. Since working with CAD is part of my job, I know this stuff is a lot of work and it already dawned on me that asking for this probably isn't a good idea but I did it anyway. I got a short reply, it wasn't rude but it was clear that I would have to do it myself. It took me a VERY LONG TIME to get the caps right. This helped me to understand why one would not just give the files away. I even felt shame for having asked for it in the first place. In the end I was very happy that I didn't just get the keycap files but instead put in the work myself. All my renderings have the caps that I modeled myself.

I could have just answered your request with a simple no. Now that I took the time to tell you this little story and provide you with some context, I hope you realize that I don't want to be rude, I'm just hoping you understand it a little better now.

Why are you so aggressive about this? Plate files get released all the time.

Offline Bl4ck

« Reply #1079 on: Fri, 24 April 2020, 13:42:50 »
I don't know if he is mentioning the plate files but the case itself.

Edit: And to be honest, after joining the KeycapDesigner discord I think its justified, that **** does give so much work.
« Last Edit: Fri, 24 April 2020, 13:54:10 by Bl4ck »

Offline CrazyAssMonkey

« Reply #1080 on: Fri, 24 April 2020, 13:45:25 »

Thx for answering!

Design files

To add the 5 key cluster I'm assuming you would have to adjust the actual case itself to change the top so that fifth key fits in there.

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #1081 on: Fri, 24 April 2020, 15:01:20 »

You managed to read the post to the point where you felt he was being overly aggressive whilst simultaneously failing to understand what he was actually responding to. That's crazy.

Offline RominRonin

• * Maker
« Reply #1082 on: Fri, 24 April 2020, 22:21:57 »

Plate files get released all the time.

Judging by your post history, it seems you are fairly new to GH, so welcome, stranger!

He’s talking about the CASE files in his response, not PLATE files. They are bent from ‘plates’ of metal, but to call them ‘plate files’ is confusing.

Plate files (as they are known in the community) refers to something else that can be generated online with at least two well known tools made by the community for the community. If a designer didn’t release them, you could make your own in a matter of minutes, so I can understand why his time might have sounded aggressive if that’s what you thought the discussion was about.

But the CASE files for this project not only took several rounds of prototyping to perfect, but was itself a refinement of a whole previous round of a group buy as well. The time invested by plastikschnittstelle to refine and improve the design is enormous, those kind of files do not get released all the time

Just quickly, on the note about aggression; it might have seemed aggressive at first, but as I understood it, he reacted heavily initially, then laid out the reason for this reaction in an anecdotal story. So the answer is in the response.

Offline chris_1865

« Reply #1083 on: Sat, 25 April 2020, 02:33:36 »

Thx for answering!

Design files

That's ok. I totally understand that this is your hard work and not all designer love to release their design files to the public. Sorry for my dump questions, I don't mean to make you angry.
"cut files" I mentioned actually means plate or case or anything related (?). It is my fault to not carefully read the FAQ.

btw I think this relpy could also add into FAQ, otherwise the same question may loop again by others…

« Reply #1084 on: Sat, 25 April 2020, 16:36:43 »
No problem, it's all good now :)

Yes, sharing plate files is common, I spent lots of time making custom DXF files for SKB1 participants. Plate material preferences are very different. I'll offer only steel and brass. Anyone who wants something else can count on my support.

GB will definitely start this month, just a few more days!

Offline rabbbit

« Reply #1085 on: Sat, 25 April 2020, 16:39:51 »
great

通过我的 OXF-AN10 上的 Tapatalk发言

Offline Bl4ck

« Reply #1086 on: Sat, 25 April 2020, 16:56:24 »

Yes, sharing plate files is common, I spent lots of time making custom DXF files for SKB1 participants. Plate material preferences are very different. I'll offer only steel and brass. Anyone who wants something else can count on my support.

True. Would love to try a CF plate :)

Offline Azurewrath

« Reply #1087 on: Sat, 25 April 2020, 17:47:05 »
Would the difference even be noticeable in sound and feel? I'd just go for the steel plate as it's not as flexible as brass...

Offline hmmmwhatsthis

• no
« Reply #1088 on: Sat, 25 April 2020, 17:59:46 »

failing to understand

yes you are

Plate files get released all the time.

Judging by your post history, it seems you are fairly new to GH, so welcome, stranger!

He’s talking about the CASE files in his response, not PLATE files. They are bent from ‘plates’ of metal, but to call them ‘plate files’ is confusing.

Plate files (as they are known in the community) refers to something else that can be generated online with at least two well known tools made by the community for the community. If a designer didn’t release them, you could make your own in a matter of minutes, so I can understand why his time might have sounded aggressive if that’s what you thought the discussion was about.

But the CASE files for this project not only took several rounds of prototyping to perfect, but was itself a refinement of a whole previous round of a group buy as well. The time invested by plastikschnittstelle to refine and improve the design is enormous, those kind of files do not get released all the time

Just quickly, on the note about aggression; it might have seemed aggressive at first, but as I understood it, he reacted heavily initially, then laid out the reason for this reaction in an anecdotal story. So the answer is in the response.

do you patronize everyone you think is new?

"Design files"

moving on

appreciate this response, looking forward to the board

Offline bibobim

« Reply #1089 on: Sat, 25 April 2020, 19:29:16 »
I hope the GB running soon. I am 90% going for a 60 STD kit and an additional AEK60 plate :p

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #1090 on: Sat, 25 April 2020, 19:45:47 »

failing to understand

yes you are

Damn bro GOTTEM, expertly deflected

Offline killchain

« Reply #1091 on: Sun, 26 April 2020, 05:44:16 »

No.
Link to the vote.
Link to the Results.
Btw, I stick to 95% now, not 96.

Maarten designs the PCBs. I had shown the TKL prototype (Eon87) here. It is the only one with split spacebar support and the plate will support it as well. All of the others do not have split spacebar support, not the PCBs and not the plates. I had mentioned earlier why not.

More PCB prototypes are ordered. More details soon.

Okay, fair enough. Not a deal breaker, but I still would've liked to see the 5 keys as an option. I'm mostly sure I voted in the poll. I guess I'll roll with it this way and find a place for Del, because I'd most likely go Del/PgUp/PgDn/Home/End as dedicated keys (aside from them being on a layer somewhere), so either Num Lock will have to go, Num Plus is going 1U or I'll have to find a spot on the bottom row. Can't wait to actually be able to play around with that.

As for the split space bar, what are the considerations if it's not a secret? I guess only the TKL has it because it's the only layout with a full bottom row (although I can't see how this would affect things since the spacebar itself is still the same length)?

One thing I haven't seen mentioned: what are your views on indicator LEDs with this board? What would be a good place to put 2 or 3 if I won't be using translucent keycaps? I'd want to have some layer indication. Probably in the front, on the bottom, pointing towards the desk?

Offline konstantin

• Formerly constexpr
Re: [IC] SKB2 - steel case, isolation top mount, powder coated or stainless
« Reply #1092 on: Sun, 26 April 2020, 07:24:50 »
One thing I haven't seen mentioned: what are your views on indicator LEDs with this board? What would be a good place to put 2 or 3 if I won't be using translucent keycaps? I'd want to have some layer indication. Probably in the front, on the bottom, pointing towards the desk?

Chances are that everything's been mentioned in this thread by now :P See below:

Plastik, this is so dope news! :p both the 75% and now a 1800 compact in on the gb now! <3

ALL my votes goes to layout nr2, having the extra key on layout nr1 looks pretty weird imo,
if you added a breakout for powering rgb leds or just 2 pin leds around the NCS area we could help our self later on with some additional holes for just something regular like this
(Attachment Link)

Edit.
Something like this would be cool, then it wouldn't hurt with or without indicators, just a quick mockup to get a idea, would be cool imo :)
(Attachment Link)

yes, assuming it will be nr2, that free spot would be a familiar place for indicator leds. your cutout proposals are quite nice. the thing is that the pcb is already done and does not have leds there. even if, the nature of the case would make it difficult for pcb surface leds to clearly shine through the wholes. you would not be able to tell the three leds apart from each other. you would need some kind of guide chanel, or mount the leds directly on the inside of the case behind the small cutout position. there are probably many more ways to do it, but the point is that I think these indicator leds shouldn't be added as an afterthought. if so, it should be consider in the beginning of the design process. the way it is now is clean and simple. it should stay that way. some keys have through hole led support, there it is possible to use windowed caps.

Offline killchain

Re: [IC] SKB2 - steel case, isolation top mount, powder coated or stainless
« Reply #1093 on: Sun, 26 April 2020, 11:16:20 »

Chances are that everything's been mentioned in this thread by now :P See below:

Plastik, this is so dope news! :p both the 75% and now a 1800 compact in on the gb now! <3

ALL my votes goes to layout nr2, having the extra key on layout nr1 looks pretty weird imo,
if you added a breakout for powering rgb leds or just 2 pin leds around the NCS area we could help our self later on with some additional holes for just something regular like this
(Attachment Link)

Edit.
Something like this would be cool, then it wouldn't hurt with or without indicators, just a quick mockup to get a idea, would be cool imo :)
(Attachment Link)

yes, assuming it will be nr2, that free spot would be a familiar place for indicator leds. your cutout proposals are quite nice. the thing is that the pcb is already done and does not have leds there. even if, the nature of the case would make it difficult for pcb surface leds to clearly shine through the wholes. you would not be able to tell the three leds apart from each other. you would need some kind of guide chanel, or mount the leds directly on the inside of the case behind the small cutout position. there are probably many more ways to do it, but the point is that I think these indicator leds shouldn't be added as an afterthought. if so, it should be consider in the beginning of the design process. the way it is now is clean and simple. it should stay that way. some keys have through hole led support, there it is possible to use windowed caps.

I knew it :D
I understand that the PCB is too late in the process to add something like this, but I like the idea for the holes in the empty space on the 95% and I'd be totally fine to do something myself if I need to (i.e. handwiring a bunch of diodes and gluing them in place - assuming there is space for that).

Offline Vireca

« Reply #1094 on: Sun, 26 April 2020, 12:50:11 »
2 questions, because I didnt see them in the FAQ or in any page

- Will the GB be unlimited pieces?
- Finally we'll get the brass option for the plate? That increase the base price right?

« Reply #1095 on: Sun, 26 April 2020, 16:17:55 »
Unlimited?

Well, it's like that:
A lot have filled out the IC form but it's hard for me to tell how many of those actually mean it. I am prepared to deal with a high amount of orders. If really all who filled out the IC form will actually order - that would be too much and I would have to close it earlier. I'm pretty sure though that it will start slowly and won't get anywhere near the IC amount. It's hard to tell.

Brass plate option?

Yes, brass will be offered. Whenever there are more different parts made, less of the same get made. That will always raise the cost. Anyway, nothing regarding the range I mentioned has changed.
The brass plates will be quite expensive though. It's much more expensive than steel or stainless steel. It is not just the brass itself, the surface treatment (remember I'm not a fan of the shiny look) for the brass plate is bead blasting first and then black zink.
You don't have to go for brass, steel is almost as dense, also gets the black zink finish, but no bead blasting. That's a very affordable option.

Btw.

Oh and one more thing I'd like to mention, not sure if I did already. I had always stated that the PCBs will be optional for you to add. I reconsidered, want to do it like most other GBs now. It will always be kits containing of CASE+PLATE+PCB. That lowers the base price a bit.

Offline alphabirth

« Reply #1096 on: Sun, 26 April 2020, 17:22:05 »
Oh and one more thing I'd like to mention, not sure if I did already. I had always stated that the PCBs will be optional for you to add. I reconsidered, want to do it like most other GBs now. It will always be kits containing of CASE+PLATE+PCB. That lowers the base price a bit.

How will this work for the Boardwalk option?  Is that still going to be available without the PCB, or will we have to choose to have the normal 60% PCB and then just not use it?

Offline hmmmwhatsthis

• no
« Reply #1097 on: Sun, 26 April 2020, 21:52:53 »
Think I'll definitely be in for a 65%.

Offline honoka

« Reply #1098 on: Mon, 27 April 2020, 01:28:52 »
Think I'll definitely be in for a 65%.
A level of certainty, but then again maybe not

Offline Vireca

« Reply #1099 on: Mon, 27 April 2020, 05:53:54 »
Unlimited?

Well, it's like that:
A lot have filled out the IC form but it's hard for me to tell how many of those actually mean it. I am prepared to deal with a high amount of orders. If really all who filled out the IC form will actually order - that would be too much and I would have to close it earlier. I'm pretty sure though that it will start slowly and won't get anywhere near the IC amount. It's hard to tell.

Brass plate option?

Yes, brass will be offered. Whenever there are more different parts made, less of the same get made. That will always raise the cost. Anyway, nothing regarding the range I mentioned has changed.
The brass plates will be quite expensive though. It's much more expensive than steel or stainless steel. It is not just the brass itself, the surface treatment (remember I'm not a fan of the shiny look) for the brass plate is bead blasting first and then black zink.
You don't have to go for brass, steel is almost as dense, also gets the black zink finish, but no bead blasting. That's a very affordable option.

Btw.

With unlimited I mean if you are going to offer just a few keebs of each type, so you dont have to deal with 200 keyboards yourself like you did with SKB1.

About the brass. Its going to look black then?
Maybe is more expensive, I'll decide later, but would like to try brass and with those amazing cut relief you did for the plate could be a cool plate.

If you offer the case+plate+pcb kit and that means that lower the price Im in. Anyways, I think most of the orders are going to be a complete kit with PCB