Author Topic: TKL PCB Compatibility list  (Read 12595 times)

Offline redbanshee

• actually Dade Murphy
TKL PCB Compatibility list
« on: Mon, 11 June 2018, 13:04:32 »
TKL PCB Compatibility list

Hello Geekhack friends! Myself along with a handful of knowledgeable people have decided to make this list to help people figure out what PCB's will fit in what custom cases, along with photos and relevant information. I believe that I have taken it as far as I can with the knowledge I have and now it’s time to reach out to the general community to get more info.

Please keep in mind that this list is an on-going project and will continue to be updated as time goes by. It is meant to help with custom case compatibility; we do not intend to have every TKL ever made on this list (especially commercial ones).

If you have something to add or know a change that could be made please use the change request form, the link is near the top of the spreadsheet. Or just post it in this thread...

Keep in mind that some of these PCB's are not available anymore and may be irrelevant in the "scene" at this exact moment, they are included for archival purposes and for the sake of completeness. A separate section of the spreadsheet may be added in the future for PCB's that you for sure cant get anymore or are irrelevant.

Link to spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1GpM--fKeDw_tIDZj4m2jmbMavSyXeOu3QHzfTJwz-IM

Here are the definitions of the boxes on the chart:

Tested (light green box) means there is proof this combo can exist. Do not request a change based on hearsay. Case plate stab orientation compatibility and case inner dimension clearance must be determined "fitting" to mark tested!

Theoretical Fit (light yellow box) defined as correct USB port position in relation to switches and correct USB top/bottom orientation. Case plate stab orientation compatibility and case inner dimensions including USB port hole size dictate actual PCB "Tested" fit.

If you would like to become an editor/curator of this list and you have a full grasp on what things like A.87 mean, you are more than welcome to help us edit this form. PM me if you would like to become an editor.

If we have used one of your photos as reference and you dont want us to use it, we will be glad to remove it from the spreadsheet, just let us know with the change request form.
« Last Edit: Mon, 02 July 2018, 11:51:28 by redbanshee »

Offline redbanshee

• actually Dade Murphy
Re: TKL PCB Compatibility list
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 11 June 2018, 13:06:31 »
reserved?
« Last Edit: Mon, 02 July 2018, 11:50:22 by redbanshee »

Offline redbanshee

• actually Dade Murphy
« Reply #2 on: Mon, 02 July 2018, 11:53:14 »
Lots of new stuff added, thank you all for the change requests!

Just when you think you've seen all the TKL's .... you start browsing the Korean forums  :))

:thumb: :thumb:

Offline Giorgio

« Reply #3 on: Tue, 03 July 2018, 17:05:27 »
Thanks again. Super brilliant and helpful.

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #4 on: Tue, 03 July 2018, 17:12:04 »
The Noxary 280 is North spacebar stab wire   :)

Offline redbanshee

• actually Dade Murphy
« Reply #5 on: Mon, 03 June 2019, 10:59:19 »
Hey everyone, we are coming up on the one year anniversary of the TKL PCB Compatibility list and I am seeking TKL savvy people to help me correct and maintain the list, as I have been spending less time in the hobby lately.

You must know what things like a.87 mean, have actual TKL assembly experience and have a keen eye to take assumptions from photos (layout, usb placement, etc) as most of the information that I come across is people selling TKL's on MM. Must also be willing to contact GB runners to collect info about new boards that are coming out.

Current Maintainers include: LifeZone, Yuktsi, Axtran, mike52787

Just PM me on here and we will talk a little about your experience with TKL's and stuff like that

Thanks!

Offline cspirou

« Reply #6 on: Mon, 10 June 2019, 14:47:19 »
Thanks for doing this. Right now I am in the planning stages of a TKL build and I am figuring out which PCB and case to get.

One particular feature I am looking for is dipswitches on the bottom. My primary system is MacOS and I'd like to be able to switch between Mac and PC. Anyone know a DIY PCB like this?

Other info I'd like on the spreadsheet is hot-swap vs soldered PCB

Offline Bahm78

• https://blog.naver.com/hjg7808
« Reply #7 on: Mon, 10 June 2019, 20:20:48 »
Thanks for info

Offline wholypantalones

• text and icon mods plz.
« Reply #8 on: Mon, 10 June 2019, 20:34:01 »
Thanks for doing this. Right now I am in the planning stages of a TKL build and I am figuring out which PCB and case to get.

One particular feature I am looking for is dipswitches on the bottom. My primary system is MacOS and I'd like to be able to switch between Mac and PC. Anyone know a DIY PCB like this?

Other info I'd like on the spreadsheet is hot-swap vs soldered PCB

Most of your options are going to be LFK-TKL and a Phantom PCB that will fit stuff like Filco and Tex aluminum cases. Neither have dipswitches, but they should work on a Mac or PC regardless.

https://www.lfkeyboards.com/lfk-tkl/

https://mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=536

Most, if not all the PCBs listed are soldered that are meant to go into the more expensive, custom cases. You can use mil-max sockets or holtites if you really want hot swap.
« Last Edit: Mon, 10 June 2019, 20:39:17 by wholypantalones »

Offline cspirou

« Reply #9 on: Tue, 11 June 2019, 03:45:10 »

Most, if not all the PCBs listed are soldered that are meant to go into the more expensive, custom cases. You can use mil-max sockets or holtites if you really want hot swap.

I know the new Rama Works U80-A is hotswap, but it doesn't seem like something widely available in other  PCBs. I have no problem with soldering, but having to deal with a bad switch along with regular lubrication of switches would make desoldering get old real quick.

Offline wholypantalones

« Reply #10 on: Wed, 09 October 2019, 11:26:07 »
Just reminding myself to add that the kin tkl PCB and Hiney pcb verified fits a Kira 80 to the sheet.  :D

Offline Sup

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Doing university was a mistake
« Reply #11 on: Wed, 09 October 2019, 11:28:29 »
Also H87 from hiney definitely fits the A17. Just saying since the status is on theoretical fit.

Edit: Send a change request trough the google form.
« Last Edit: Wed, 09 October 2019, 11:31:36 by Sup »
current
Filco Zero -  NOS Yellow Alps | Canoe R1 Gateron Red | AEK II JP Cream dampend |Filco Majestouch 2 Tex case Gateron Yellow | HHKB Pro 1 2003 Rev AO Serial 000171 | HHKB Pro 1 2003 Rev A1s|DZ60 OG Panda's with Fei spring and stem. | Sentraq S65_Plus OG Invyr Panda's | A17 Gateron Black TX 65G 3204 | Lubrigrante Wildcard Cherry MX silent blacks 3204 58.5G Springs | Rukia Everglide Tourmaline Blue 58.5G Springs | MGA Standard Greetech brown |
Coming soon
Rest in peace Billy Herrington(William Glen Harold Herrington) 1969-2018
Rest in peace Byron Daniel 1989-2020

Offline wholypantalones

« Reply #12 on: Wed, 09 October 2019, 11:49:15 »
Also H87 from hiney definitely fits the A17. Just saying since the status is on theoretical fit.

include some images if you can.

Offline Sup

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Doing university was a mistake
« Reply #13 on: Wed, 09 October 2019, 12:31:41 »

I included the excel file of Full compatibility chart for the h87a that Hiney made. It seems that the A17 is already tested.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1fZ8FtTGDl222hXnomQJgKmwRnWvg2VuoJ-GeAafVTLc/edit#gid=0
current
Filco Zero -  NOS Yellow Alps | Canoe R1 Gateron Red | AEK II JP Cream dampend |Filco Majestouch 2 Tex case Gateron Yellow | HHKB Pro 1 2003 Rev AO Serial 000171 | HHKB Pro 1 2003 Rev A1s|DZ60 OG Panda's with Fei spring and stem. | Sentraq S65_Plus OG Invyr Panda's | A17 Gateron Black TX 65G 3204 | Lubrigrante Wildcard Cherry MX silent blacks 3204 58.5G Springs | Rukia Everglide Tourmaline Blue 58.5G Springs | MGA Standard Greetech brown |
Coming soon
Rest in peace Billy Herrington(William Glen Harold Herrington) 1969-2018
Rest in peace Byron Daniel 1989-2020

Offline wholypantalones

« Reply #14 on: Wed, 09 October 2019, 12:50:35 »

I included the excel file of Full compatibility chart for the h87a that Hiney made. It seems that the A17 is already tested.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1fZ8FtTGDl222hXnomQJgKmwRnWvg2VuoJ-GeAafVTLc/edit#gid=0

Just saw that, should be updated.