Author Topic: Grab Bag Photo  (Read 7387 times)

Offline mrpetrov

Grab Bag Photo
« on: Sun, 02 September 2018, 12:09:43 »
Here is the photo of my grab bag from PMK. All keys turned over - as far as I can tell!

202852-0

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
Re: Grab Bag Photo
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 25 October 2018, 20:57:04 »
Only 1 picture?

There was a time when everyone would post their crap bag key caps sorted into colours, sizes, shapes, rarity and so on, when you might actually get a few good ones in the bag.

Those were the days ...
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline whiffysole

« Reply #2 on: Thu, 22 November 2018, 09:01:48 »
Here is the photo of my grab bag from PMK. All keys turned over - as far as I can tell!

(Attachment Link)

Oh man I love that old Winkey in there as well as that space invader. Those are sweet

Offline Peripheral Prophet

• Lets change the game
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 22 November 2018, 13:15:44 »
What do you have in the row 1 sa Lime flavor, I need a few keycaps to deal with volume keys situation I am having.. Looks stupid with the equals/backspace/tab/esc keys instead of blanks for volume keys...
Check out my live build streams on twitch and join my discord! https://discord.gg/QzeSQj2  https://www.twitch.tv/peripheral_installer

Offline TheGlyph

« Reply #4 on: Mon, 26 November 2018, 00:04:16 »
  :cool:
Instagram @GlennTheBlack
Discord TheGlyph#8458

Offline Pitrek

• deskpads gallery
    • deskpads gallery
« Reply #5 on: Sat, 01 December 2018, 16:54:33 »
Is grab bag from PMK worth anymore?

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #6 on: Sun, 02 December 2018, 19:59:19 »
Is grab bag from PMK worth anymore?

It's worth as much as you want to pay for it.

I stopped because I have to add on postage to Australia, which made it somewhat less cost-effective.

I did get some interesting keycaps in my first bag, second one not so much.  Lately PMK have been putting a few deliberate novelty caps in each bag to make it more worthwhile, however the bags tend to sell out in a matter of minutes these days.

You'd have to be extremely lucky to be quick enough to get one, so this question is probably largely irrelevant.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline mrpetrov

« Reply #7 on: Mon, 03 December 2018, 15:49:24 »
I actually took this grab bag to the last Portland kbd meetup and we all had a fun time going through it and taking whatever anyone wanted (although I did separate out some of the ones I really wanted before doing so). Might do it again or next time all pitch in for a grab bag each meetup (if we can get one).

Offline xeronu

• https://0w.nz
    • xero.nu
« Reply #8 on: Wed, 19 December 2018, 18:29:07 »
Only 1 picture?

There was a time when everyone would post their crap bag key caps sorted into colours, sizes, shapes, rarity and so on, when you might actually get a few good ones in the bag.

Those were the days ...

ok, i'll play. i couldn't bring myself to sort the {white,beige} keys. this is my 1st grabbag, and overall it was pretty underwhelming. i knew they were mostly 2nds, but i'd say half have an obvious defect. but only 7 were completely unusable (upon quick inspection).

i got lots of nice pulse modifiers. a few cool randoms. and and array of multi color blanks.

i made a little key jar for my desk at work. my favorites are at the end. any idea what set is the purple with the golden yellow legends? it's beautiful.

Offline ullr

Offline impaktor

• Blog on emacs & keyboards
« Reply #10 on: Sat, 29 December 2018, 16:16:00 »
If anyone is looking to sell SA keys, I'm interested

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #11 on: Mon, 31 December 2018, 04:42:44 »
If anyone is looking to sell SA keys, I'm interested

It's very unlikely anyone will have a complete set in a crap bag.

Offline impaktor

• Blog on emacs & keyboards
« Reply #12 on: Mon, 31 December 2018, 06:40:35 »
I'm not sure what you mean by "complete"?

I know plenty of people buy multiple grab bags, and some grab bag batches are only SA runs, so I'm thinking there might be someone willing to part from 22 R1, 12 R2, 12 R3, and 12 R4 keycaps.

Offline LevelSteam

« Reply #13 on: Mon, 21 January 2019, 21:42:28 »
Forgot spoo?