Author Topic: Ortholinear BSP Pastel Accent Blanks  (Read 2368 times)

Offline Gower

Ortholinear BSP Pastel Accent Blanks
« on: Sun, 02 August 2020, 02:44:45 »
Very interested in this DSA set for my upcoming ortho build, has anyone tried them?
I love the tones and the way the texture looks, and DSA fits my style perfectly! Just want to know if theres anything I should know before I get these.

http://www.ukkeycaps.co.uk/product/bsp-pastel-accents

Thanks!  :D

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
Re: Ortholinear BSP Pastel Accent Blanks
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 02 August 2020, 04:05:25 »
BSP caps are thick and their doubleshotting was as good as the big boys, they just didn't want to invest in new molds so community interest died.  Then they stopped production.

I have a sample pack here so can confirm they don't hit 3mm round LEDs if that matters, the texture is smoother than DSA and they have larger top surface.

If I liked the colours and wanted ortho I would happily buy the set.

The linked set is sold as Cherry profile not DSA - I have no experiece with BSP's Cherry profile but expect it's lovely.  Cherry profile means different row heights/slopes so if you want flat DSA style they may not be for you.
« Last Edit: Sun, 02 August 2020, 04:10:53 by suicidal_orange »
120/100g linear Zealio R1  
GMK Hyperfuse
'Split everything' perfection  
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline Gower

Re: Ortholinear BSP Pastel Accent Blanks
« Reply #2 on: Sun, 02 August 2020, 13:32:33 »
BSP caps are thick and their doubleshotting was as good as the big boys, they just didn't want to invest in new molds so community interest died.  Then they stopped production.

I have a sample pack here so can confirm they don't hit 3mm round LEDs if that matters, the texture is smoother than DSA and they have larger top surface.

If I liked the colours and wanted ortho I would happily buy the set.

The linked set is sold as Cherry profile not DSA - I have no experiece with BSP's Cherry profile but expect it's lovely.  Cherry profile means different row heights/slopes so if you want flat DSA style they may not be for you.

Oh! I honestly didnt notice it was Cherry, but that doesnt really affect my decision much I think. Glad to hear good things about them!