Author Topic: Short runs of premium braided cables!  (Read 4303 times)

Offline Keyboardnoobb

Short runs of premium braided cables!
« on: Sat, 01 November 2014, 12:21:48 »
That title is a mouthful. I know. lol, so ya... Hello everyone! I've been really liking this forum and everyone here has been great, so I've been wanting to provide a service here. Needless to say, I've been putting some time and effort into beginning to sell braided cables. Through some friendly advice, I've decided against trying to compete with say Mimic Cables, as there's such a small market, I believe it would hurt both Mimic and me to try and compete price/volume wise.

So instead, I've decided to simply start doing some very short runs of nice, premium and unique cables. For example, I will only be making say 10-20 and once I'm out of that particular one, I'm out, and I'll make another kind/color/etc.

Basically, I'm making this post to let everyone know what I have planned and to see if anyone will be interested. I've already ordered some parts for a run, and I have quite a bit of experience with braiding cables.

My cables will all have gold plated connectors, the original cables I will be sleeving will be very high quality, and I will also use very high quality sleeving. Of course, whether I use paracord, PET etc. will be based on the particular run.

But ya. I hope everyone likes the idea, and I also hope everyone will be on the lookout for my first batch of cables. Thanks so much!

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Old enough to know better
Re: Short runs of premium braided cables!
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 01 November 2014, 12:41:11 »
Cool. Been looking for a new cable.
I'm back.

Espresso machine overhaul: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78261.0

Carbon Fiber keyboard base: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54825

Offline ConscienceDrop

• a-are these pbt?
« Reply #2 on: Sat, 01 November 2014, 12:41:25 »
interested to see what you come up with.

good luck

Offline Keyboardnoobb

« Reply #3 on: Sat, 01 November 2014, 12:46:25 »
I appreciate the replies so far! Right now I'm looking at UV. Nothing too crazy, but a UV green sleeving and green heat shrink, or I'll mix and match. I'm trying to figure out what I'll do with the supplies I ordered.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #4 on: Sat, 01 November 2014, 12:49:46 »
Hey!  This is really an artisan venture, so I'm moving this to the Artisan Services subforum.  It's a place designated for people like yourself who make custom items to sell (in a non-vendor manner).

If you have any questions about this or want to discuss something related to it, please feel free to PM me.  :)

Offline Keyboardnoobb

« Reply #5 on: Sat, 01 November 2014, 12:54:16 »
Hey!  This is really an artisan venture, so I'm moving this to the Artisan Services subforum.  It's a place designated for people like yourself who make custom items to sell (in a non-vendor manner).

If you have any questions about this or want to discuss something related to it, please feel free to PM me.  :)
I apologize for putting this in the wrong subforum. Thank you for moving it.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #6 on: Sat, 01 November 2014, 12:55:05 »

I apologize for putting this in the wrong subforum. Thank you for moving it.

No problem at all!  I was simply letting you know why I was moving it.   :thumb:

Offline billnye

• ability man
« Reply #7 on: Sat, 01 November 2014, 13:10:00 »
I'll look forward to picking one up!

Offline connorelsea

• * Maker
  • Java programming and fancy key caps!
    • Elsea Labs
« Reply #8 on: Tue, 04 November 2014, 21:52:40 »
I'm interested if the price is right.

Elsea Keys - Artisan key caps, keyboards, custom painting - Click any image to purchase or view

Offline Lu_e

« Reply #9 on: Fri, 16 January 2015, 17:49:50 »
I would buy a nice micro usb

Offline reaxas

« Reply #10 on: Fri, 20 February 2015, 07:45:44 »
I'd be interested in some, definitely!