Author Topic: What Keyboard Are You Using Now?  (Read 2763676 times)

Offline shine

• IBM obsessed
Re: What Keyboard Are You Using Now?
« Reply #6600 on: Fri, 20 March 2020, 13:55:22 »
ATM an M122  :))
Looking for: IBM 4978(XD!)
Current collection:
More
B: 3101, 3276, 3277, 3278, 3279, 5251, 5285, 6580
F: F50, F62 OG "kishaver", F104 "Unsaver", F107, F122, XT, AT, 3178 "bluebutton", 5291 "Bigfoot", 5155
M: Mopar, silver badge
Topre: Nissho KB106DE
Alps: blues, whites, green

Offline Maledicted

« Reply #6601 on: Fri, 20 March 2020, 14:45:04 »

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #6602 on: Fri, 20 March 2020, 16:15:18 »
kn2.10^2, cherry mx clear with 3 layers of ro59, 63.5g springs with gpl-105

black blank pbt until gmk alter arrives

might cerakote black to navy

Both boards look great. I especially like the black one, just the way it is. What is all of this about cerakote anyway? I know its properties well, from firearms. I'm very surprised to see it being used on keyboards. Why use it over other finishes in these applications?

easy to mix colors

cheaper than stripping and reanodizing

powder coating is too thick sometimes

the black seen here is electro plated
I love Elzy

Offline Maledicted

« Reply #6603 on: Fri, 20 March 2020, 17:00:06 »
kn2.10^2, cherry mx clear with 3 layers of ro59, 63.5g springs with gpl-105

black blank pbt until gmk alter arrives

might cerakote black to navy

Both boards look great. I especially like the black one, just the way it is. What is all of this about cerakote anyway? I know its properties well, from firearms. I'm very surprised to see it being used on keyboards. Why use it over other finishes in these applications?

easy to mix colors

cheaper than stripping and reanodizing

powder coating is too thick sometimes

the black seen here is electro plated

That makes sense. I never would have thought tolerances would be that tight on keyboards, but maybe with some weird cap sets and/or extremely tight tolerances between the tops and bottoms of cases? Cerakote is a very durable finish too, not the most durable around, but not far off.

That braided usb cable is cool too, by the way. I would have never thought of something like that.

Online fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #6604 on: Sat, 21 March 2020, 11:58:47 »
And for a change, I usually switch to a near-new Northgate Omnikey101 for a few days.
"It turns out that for a decade, whenever Trump wanted to get a loan, or make a deal, he would inflate the value of his real estate. For instance, suggesting that his 11,000-square foot penthouse was a 30,000-square foot penthouse.
And the attorney general of New York knew that Trump's property values were inflated because when it came time to pay taxes, Trump undervalued the very same properties.
It was all part of a very sophisticated real estate practice known as “lying.”
- Jon Stewart 2024-03-28

Offline Blaise170

• * Esteemed Elder
  • ALPS キーボード
    • XYZ
« Reply #6605 on: Sat, 21 March 2020, 13:58:27 »
Does the crystal increase your typing speed?
I proxy anything including keyboards (キーボード / 鍵盤), from both Japan (日本) and China (中國). For more information, you may visit my dedicated webpage here: https://www.keyboards.es/proxying.html

View my current and past keyboards here: https://deskthority.net/wiki/User:Blaise170

Online fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #6606 on: Sat, 21 March 2020, 14:03:08 »
Does the crystal increase your typing speed?

No, it is possible that its calming effect even slows me down, but it is probably worth it.
"It turns out that for a decade, whenever Trump wanted to get a loan, or make a deal, he would inflate the value of his real estate. For instance, suggesting that his 11,000-square foot penthouse was a 30,000-square foot penthouse.
And the attorney general of New York knew that Trump's property values were inflated because when it came time to pay taxes, Trump undervalued the very same properties.
- Jon Stewart 2024-03-28

Offline Maledicted

« Reply #6607 on: Mon, 23 March 2020, 12:25:50 »
And for a change, I usually switch to a near-new Northgate Omnikey101 for a few days.

Wow. That's cool. What all did you do to that F122?

Online fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #6608 on: Mon, 23 March 2020, 13:07:57 »

What all did you do to that F122?

Not really all that much. I took it apart and did the ANSI mod (note the 3 brass screws that I always add for supplemental tension in the plates). I painted the plate "Hammered Copper" Rustoleum and cut a new mat out of "Chestnut Brown" art foam. I shaped wooden inserts to fill the voids in the bottom tray on each side, they are just in there loose.

I re-painted everywhere that made sense, just to freshen it up, and there is a fair amount of waffle rubber drawer liner underneath the internals to reduce noise along with my requisite floss mod. At the back I added the handle and cut a piece of black plastic for a shield to keep the brains of the operation out of sight and out of harm's way. The cut glass drawer pull required drilling a hole, and I used rubber washers just in case.

To put the top shell back on, I would have to remove the drawer pull, the plastic shield, and the handle.

If you have a 122-key Model F and are curious, just take the top off for a week. I think that you might like it.
- Jon Stewart 2024-03-28

Offline Maledicted

« Reply #6609 on: Mon, 23 March 2020, 19:35:53 »

What all did you do to that F122?

Not really all that much. I took it apart and did the ANSI mod (note the 3 brass screws that I always add for supplemental tension in the plates). I painted the plate "Hammered Copper" Rustoleum and cut a new mat out of "Chestnut Brown" art foam. I shaped wooden inserts to fill the voids in the bottom tray on each side, they are just in there loose.

I re-painted everywhere that made sense, just to freshen it up, and there is a fair amount of waffle rubber drawer liner underneath the internals to reduce noise along with my requisite floss mod. At the back I added the handle and cut a piece of black plastic for a shield to keep the brains of the operation out of sight and out of harm's way. The cut glass drawer pull required drilling a hole, and I used rubber washers just in case.

To put the top shell back on, I would have to remove the drawer pull, the plastic shield, and the handle.

If you have a 122-key Model F and are curious, just take the top off for a week. I think that you might like it.

Alas, I do not. I don't know if I ever will either, since I have an F XT, 2 F ATs, a new F77 ... and still want an F107. I sure wouldn't mind having one some day though, and that carry handle mod is good enough reason for me to take the guts out and leave them out, hopefully with a board that's already got a trashed case.

Offline melgeek

• MelGeek-Keyboards and Peripherals Manufacture
    • MelGeek
« Reply #6610 on: Tue, 24 March 2020, 02:06:30 »

New coming  :p
MelGeek- aim to bring the joy of using a mechanical keyboard to everyone.

Offline typo

« Reply #6611 on: Tue, 24 March 2020, 03:20:22 »
Maledicted, I am really sorry I let you down. I hope you do not think I was holding out on you. I honestly did not see anything that was remotely fixable or even the right model. As close as you are it would certainly have been no big deal. I just thought, did you call that place and no answer? The guy is a Germaphobe! Also, finally I am just going to pay a semi or two to take all the electronic junk. Could cost a lot but I am tired of it already. It is all either non working or outright destroyed. Everyone else, Sorry for off topic. Right now I am going to go spend some time trying to find the very few Topre key cap sets.  I have not checked in about 6 years so hopefully a little more selection now. My only issue with the stock ones is on the black the font nearly blends in with the cap. I am a touch typist anyhow though. Right now it is 100% black in here.

Offline Maledicted

« Reply #6612 on: Tue, 24 March 2020, 18:10:28 »
Maledicted, I am really sorry I let you down. I hope you do not think I was holding out on you. I honestly did not see anything that was remotely fixable or even the right model. As close as you are it would certainly have been no big deal. I just thought, did you call that place and no answer? The guy is a Germaphobe! Also, finally I am just going to pay a semi or two to take all the electronic junk. Could cost a lot but I am tired of it already. It is all either non working or outright destroyed. Everyone else, Sorry for off topic. Right now I am going to go spend some time trying to find the very few Topre key cap sets.  I have not checked in about 6 years so hopefully a little more selection now. My only issue with the stock ones is on the black the font nearly blends in with the cap. I am a touch typist anyhow though. Right now it is 100% black in here.

You have what you have. I know how that song and dance works, I have hung out at quite a few recycling facilities. I don't think the 4704 keyboards were made in very significant numbers to begin with. I haven't tried contacting him yet.

Offline menuhin

« Reply #6613 on: Wed, 25 March 2020, 10:59:53 »
NeXT non-ADB keyboard with rejuvenated and powder-lubed Alps SKCM Cream switches.
Wishlist: 1) nice thick Alps caps; 2) Cherry profile POM;
More
Wishful-list: 1) We order from keyboard-layout-editor.com; 2) usable Trackpoint module for all keyboards
IBM M13 black
NeXT non-ADB keyboard (AAE)
HHKB Pro 2 HasuBT
[~90WPM, in love with Emacs, and Lisp]

Offline enrique.aliaga

What Keyboard Are You Using Now?
« Reply #6614 on: Wed, 25 March 2020, 16:27:13 »
Northgate OmniKey Plus with Alps SKCM White, manufactured on December of 1989, acquired NIB on 2017.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Maledicted

« Reply #6615 on: Wed, 25 March 2020, 22:36:23 »
Northgate OmniKey Plus with Alps SKCM White, manufactured on December of 1989, acquired NIB on 2017.

Nice. I really wish I had gotten mine in better shape. It is going to be ... fun ... trying to clean it up.

Offline jacethesaltsculptor

• IBM = I Buy Model-M's
« Reply #6616 on: Wed, 25 March 2020, 23:23:03 »
So My M122 from Unicomp is in on Warranty because it's USB controller fried, I'm quite sad about it, but thankfully it's still on warranty so it wasn't the worst thing.

In the meantime, instead of both that and my F122, I've got that and my GMMK with Kailh Box Jades on them, with DSA Elven on it:

238473-0

I had gotten a few recommendations from people on here to try Jades and Navies, and while I was putting this together, I couldn't get my hands on Navies, and decided to just do Jades, and I'm like incredibly happy with that decision. It's great.

I set the keys to glow green after a press as well, which really fits with the theme. I do love this board.

Unicomp M122 - Unicomp Classic Trackball - IBM Model M13 - IBM Model F122 - IBM Model F Bigfoot - IBM Model F AT - Ducky Shine 3 Yellow

Offline Maledicted

« Reply #6617 on: Wed, 25 March 2020, 23:51:06 »
So My M122 from Unicomp is in on Warranty because it's USB controller fried, I'm quite sad about it, but thankfully it's still on warranty so it wasn't the worst thing.

In the meantime, instead of both that and my F122, I've got that and my GMMK with Kailh Box Jades on them, with DSA Elven on it:

I had gotten a few recommendations from people on here to try Jades and Navies, and while I was putting this together, I couldn't get my hands on Navies, and decided to just do Jades, and I'm like incredibly happy with that decision. It's great.

I set the keys to glow green after a press as well, which really fits with the theme. I do love this board.

That's a really cool cap set. I knew you would like jades. Closest thing I have found to the feel of any good vintage clicky switches.

• IBM = I Buy Model-M's
« Reply #6618 on: Wed, 25 March 2020, 23:53:25 »

That's a really cool cap set. I knew you would like jades. Closest thing I have found to the feel of any good vintage clicky switches.

true story man, you were like 70% of that recommendation pressure. I'm very very glad I listened.

They do have a very vintage feel, I never thought about that.

Unicomp M122 - Unicomp Classic Trackball - IBM Model M13 - IBM Model F122 - IBM Model F Bigfoot - IBM Model F AT - Ducky Shine 3 Yellow

Offline KBDoods

« Reply #6619 on: Wed, 25 March 2020, 23:55:45 »
Corne with polar pandas and guess what keycaps. Case 3d printed from keyhive, this thing sounds like a machine gun

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline typo

« Reply #6620 on: Sat, 28 March 2020, 00:47:36 »
I found out what my keyboard is. A guy I know came over. The Army trained him to be a Translator in the Korean war. When he came back he spent the next 40 years helping S. Korean families settle in America. So he speaks fluent Korean. It is a Rama works Koyu. Tank with back weight. I take it was worth the money then. Since you would be hard pressed to even find one. Now it has Halo Trues And KAT Milkshake. Plus custom cord that can tow a Semi. I prefer Topre anyways. I will not post another picture of it as agreed upon with other members here.

Offline walie

« Reply #6621 on: Sat, 28 March 2020, 01:46:15 »
I found out what my keyboard is. A guy I know came over. The Army trained him to be a Translator in the Korean war. When he came back he spent the next 40 years helping S. Korean families settle in America. So he speaks fluent Korean. It is a Rama works Koyu. Tank with back weight. I take it was worth the money then. Since you would be hard pressed to even find one. Now it has Halo Trues And KAT Milkshake. Plus custom cord that can tow a Semi. I prefer Topre anyways. I will not post another picture of it as agreed upon with other members here.

Pants on fire...

Offline typo

« Reply #6622 on: Sat, 28 March 2020, 03:02:08 »
Nah walie, this time you are really wrong. I wear Firefighter pullups. Just because they last for rough work. However they do not start on fire! HA! I get your joke though. Seriously, I do not understand why sometimes you are helpful to me and usually at odds. At least you have toned it down though. I do not mind cheap insults at all. Just please save really nasty stuff. This is a family forum. Hey, remember you actually tried to help me figure out why QMK would not work on it. That was nice of you at least. Unfortunately it still does not work. Luckily Rama has their own app but it is not nearly as good as Json. I think Rama makes it pretty clear that QMK does not support it Except the toolbox to burn the firmware. It will do. I kind of expect I spend this much, full customization. Plus I have already waited a month+.

Offline walie

« Reply #6623 on: Sat, 28 March 2020, 14:54:16 »
Nah walie, this time you are really wrong. I wear Firefighter pullups. Just because they last for rough work. However they do not start on fire! HA! I get your joke though. Seriously, I do not understand why sometimes you are helpful to me and usually at odds. At least you have toned it down though. I do not mind cheap insults at all. Just please save really nasty stuff. This is a family forum. Hey, remember you actually tried to help me figure out why QMK would not work on it. That was nice of you at least. Unfortunately it still does not work. Luckily Rama has their own app but it is not nearly as good as Json. I think Rama makes it pretty clear that QMK does not support it Except the toolbox to burn the firmware. It will do. I kind of expect I spend this much, full customization. Plus I have already waited a month+.

Rama doesn't state that at all. Surely someone of your intelligence and experience would have known that. Although the room does get hotter when you come in.

Offline typo

« Reply #6624 on: Sat, 28 March 2020, 20:07:10 »
Read between he lines bro. It is listed in there. when yo go to flash, board dead have to reset and your new settings not retained. Use their VIA

Offline walie

« Reply #6625 on: Sat, 28 March 2020, 23:45:19 »
there are so so so many unnecessary lines.

Offline elmo

• Hello I like keyboards
    • Elmo's keyboards
« Reply #6626 on: Tue, 31 March 2020, 16:55:00 »
Luckily Rama has their own app but it is not nearly as good as Json. I think Rama makes it pretty clear that QMK does not support it Except the toolbox to burn the firmware. It will do. I kind of expect I spend this much, full customization. Plus I have already waited a month+.

1. Koyu is perfectly well supported by QMK
2. VIA is not made by Rama
3. VIA is QMK. It's just a GUI for it and based on a different keymap that has some additional features enabled

4. you are wrong in almost every sentence. stop trolling. thanks.
« Last Edit: Tue, 31 March 2020, 17:40:39 by elmo »

Offline Darthbaggins

• PC Cannibal
« Reply #6627 on: Wed, 01 April 2020, 10:37:19 »
Currently using my iKBC New Poker II that I swapped switches on, I swapped in Gateron Ink Blacks and Gateron Yellows (Lubed w/ 205g0)
IMO a much better experience w/ the board now compared to when it had MX-Browns on it.

bkrownd:"Those damned rubber chiclet keys are the devil's nipples."   >:D

Offline Maledicted

« Reply #6628 on: Wed, 01 April 2020, 10:44:15 »
Currently using my iKBC New Poker II that I swapped switches on, I swapped in Gateron Ink Blacks and Gateron Yellows (Lubed w/ 205g0)
IMO a much better experience w/ the board now compared to when it had MX-Browns on it.

Looking good.  :thumb: I have those same caps on a K65. Not bad at all for the price.

Everything is a better experience than MX browns, sadly.

Offline Darthbaggins

• PC Cannibal
« Reply #6629 on: Wed, 01 April 2020, 12:08:04 »
Thanks,  lol true I do plan on taking apart the browns I pulled to lube them slightly but in all I guess they're just spare switches at this point.

bkrownd:"Those damned rubber chiclet keys are the devil's nipples."   >:D

Offline XCII

« Reply #6630 on: Wed, 01 April 2020, 15:44:41 »
I just purchased a Realforce 88U from KeyboardCo. I am VERY happy with it, and I hope to have it for many years :-D
Realforce 88U (YA7100)

Offline Maledicted

« Reply #6631 on: Wed, 01 April 2020, 15:50:44 »
I just purchased a Realforce 88U from KeyboardCo. I am VERY happy with it, and I hope to have it for many years :-D

Nice. I have had a growing urge to get a topre board, just to see what all of the hubbub is all about myself, but being mostly into very loud clickies, I can't be confident that I would like them.

Offline XCII

« Reply #6632 on: Wed, 01 April 2020, 16:56:32 »

Nice. I have had a growing urge to get a topre board, just to see what all of the hubbub is all about myself, but being mostly into very loud clickies, I can't be confident that I would like them.

There seems to be a consencus (?) that Topre boards holds their value quite well. Going by that, you should be able to resell your keyboard if you aren't happy with it, and get most of your money back :-)
Realforce 88U (YA7100)

Offline Sup

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Doing university was a mistake
« Reply #6633 on: Wed, 01 April 2020, 18:41:13 »

There seems to be a consencus (?) that Topre boards holds their value quite well. Going by that, you should be able to resell your keyboard if you aren't happy with it, and get most of your money back :-)

they used hold value good. I guess now there is a lot in the wild being sold dropping the price hard. You can get a HHKB Pro 2 for 140 dollars these days on mech market. Have seen plenty going for that price.
current
Filco Zero -  NOS Yellow Alps | Canoe R1 Gateron Red | AEK II JP Cream dampend |Filco Majestouch 2 Tex case Gateron Yellow | HHKB Pro 1 2003 Rev AO Serial 000171 | HHKB Pro 1 2003 Rev A1s|DZ60 OG Panda's with Fei spring and stem. | Sentraq S65_Plus OG Invyr Panda's | A17 Gateron Black TX 65G 3204 | Lubrigrante Wildcard Cherry MX silent blacks 3204 58.5G Springs | Rukia Everglide Tourmaline Blue 58.5G Springs | MGA Standard Greetech brown |
Coming soon
Rest in peace Billy Herrington(William Glen Harold Herrington) 1969-2018
Rest in peace Byron Daniel 1989-2020

Offline knightjp

« Reply #6634 on: Fri, 03 April 2020, 06:44:47 »
I'm currently using the Bastron Glass Keyboard.
At first it was frustrating to get tpying fast on it or touchh-typing. It takes a bit of getting used to, but I like using it. Makes me feel like I am using the keyboard from IronMan.
« Last Edit: Fri, 03 April 2020, 06:56:38 by knightjp »

Offline Rob27shred

• Insane in the Membrane! 👻
« Reply #6635 on: Fri, 03 April 2020, 06:55:18 »
239236-0

Finally built my Duck Raven up with some pristine SKCM oranges I linerized, thing types like a dream! I also got a batch of SKCM browns I may swap in later, but I am seriously enjoying these linearized oranges.

Offline Maledicted

« Reply #6636 on: Fri, 03 April 2020, 08:11:49 »
At first it was frustrating to get tpying fast on it or touchh-typing. It takes a bit of getting used to, but I like using it. Makes me feel like I am using the keyboard from IronMan.

Seriously? Ha. I never thought I would see that board on here until/if I ever ended up sending mine out for review. I found one for cheap and snatched it up just to see how horrible it was for myself. It does definitely seem like something out of a sci-fi movie though.

Finally built my Duck Raven up with some pristine SKCM oranges I linerized, thing types like a dream! I also got a batch of SKCM browns I may swap in later, but I am seriously enjoying these linearized oranges.

I bet. I almost want a modern alps board, maybe eventually. Nice subdued look to that board.

Offline knightjp

« Reply #6637 on: Fri, 03 April 2020, 14:21:11 »
Seriously? Ha. I never thought I would see that board on here until/if I ever ended up sending mine out for review. I found one for cheap and snatched it up just to see how horrible it was for myself. It does definitely seem like something out of a sci-fi movie though.

:)) :)) :)) :))

It is a sort of "Marmite" keyboard.

Offline flurryvelvet

« Reply #6638 on: Sat, 04 April 2020, 05:25:32 »
A Logitech K100.

Online fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #6639 on: Sat, 04 April 2020, 07:44:47 »

It is a sort of "Marmite" keyboard.

OK, I'll bite. Are you saying that it is safe to eat messy foods while using it?
- Jon Stewart 2024-03-28

Offline Rob27shred

• Insane in the Membrane! 👻
« Reply #6640 on: Sat, 04 April 2020, 07:51:52 »

I bet. I almost want a modern alps board, maybe eventually. Nice subdued look to that board.

Thanks man, I am really happy with how it turned out! I was on the fence between getting this silver case or the grey one, I think the silver makes the caps pop a bit more. Check out the ALPS64 thread on here, Hasu sells really affordable ALPS footprint PCBs & FR4 plates for 60% AEK builds. Also if you ever do decide to jump down the ALPS rabbit hole feel free to PM me if you need any advice.

Offline knightjp

« Reply #6641 on: Sat, 04 April 2020, 13:12:29 »
OK, I'll bite. Are you saying that it is safe to eat messy foods while using it?

:)) :)) :))

Well, I would say that you will be able to... It cleans up easily. I use window cleaner.

Of course I should explain my phrase. I'm sure a British person will understand it.
Marmite is something that is sold in stores in England and its colonies. It is an extremely sour paste that can be used to make sandwiches, a broth, etc. It has an acquired taste. So some people like it and others don't.

So I was using it as a metaphor to describe the Bastron Glass Keyboard. Some people who like it and there are those who don't.

Offline _rubik

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Typing on: Brutal60, Lavenders Linears, GMK Jamon
« Reply #6642 on: Sat, 04 April 2020, 13:16:16 »

Do you actually prefer that over a mechanical or even a rubber dome? Is that your go-to, or are you just using it for the novelty.
ai03 Meridian ¤ Mech 27 ¤ E8.5 ¤ Brutal60 ¤ SSK White Label ¤ HHKB Pro JP ¤ vAEK68 Alps Blues ¤ RF87u

Online fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #6643 on: Sat, 04 April 2020, 13:30:11 »

Some people who like it and there are those who don't.

Oh. I know perfectly well what Marmite and Vegemite are and I like them (slightly preferring Vegemite) but I am one of those people who like a lot of weird things (eg I love anchovies) but it looks to me like that keyboard is more of the Riccota than the Parmesan of the keyboard world.
- Jon Stewart 2024-03-28

Offline Maledicted

« Reply #6644 on: Sat, 04 April 2020, 18:59:06 »

Thanks man, I am really happy with how it turned out! I was on the fence between getting this silver case or the grey one, I think the silver makes the caps pop a bit more. Check out the ALPS64 thread on here, Hasu sells really affordable ALPS footprint PCBs & FR4 plates for 60% AEK builds. Also if you ever do decide to jump down the ALPS rabbit hole feel free to PM me if you need any advice.

I agree on the color of the case. It would probably be just a bit too subdued in grey. I may look at that thread, I'll need some SKCM blue switches then though, and I'm not ripping apart my DC-2014s for them. lol

• IBM = I Buy Model-M's
« Reply #6645 on: Wed, 08 April 2020, 14:39:42 »
they used hold value good. I guess now there is a lot in the wild being sold dropping the price hard. You can get a HHKB Pro 2 for 140 dollars these days on mech market. Have seen plenty going for that price.

140?! For a Topre? I didn't realize they'd fallen so far. I might pick myself one up, I've really been curious to them myself for a longtime.

Me too man, I've been curious, since I'm considering other options for my work keyboard that are quiet, besides it's a fun aside in my office to talk about the new keyboard someone has brought in, it just has to be quiet.

And I get my way of talking about Keyboards more at work.  ;)

Dude, that is a good looking keyboard, I love the old school Pearl and Pebble look, it's classic, and very much in line with my tastes.

Offline Maledicted

« Reply #6646 on: Wed, 08 April 2020, 14:55:31 »

Me too man, I've been curious, since I'm considering other options for my work keyboard that are quiet, besides it's a fun aside in my office to talk about the new keyboard someone has brought in, it just has to be quiet.

Kaihua literally just released silent red box and brown switches, if you wanted to wait until somebody tested them out and gave their input. I ordered some, though who knows when they'll even leave China at this point. That switch tester that's been in purgatory since early January hasn't had a shipping update since March 18th ... and it was still in China then.

• IBM = I Buy Model-M's
« Reply #6647 on: Wed, 08 April 2020, 15:29:38 »

Kaihua literally just released silent red box and brown switches, if you wanted to wait until somebody tested them out and gave their input. I ordered some, though who knows when they'll even leave China at this point. That switch tester that's been in purgatory since early January hasn't had a shipping update since March 18th ... and it was still in China then.

oooooooh, I especially wanna hear from you, since you share my tastes in keyboards.

I feel the pain with switch testers. I got one for Outemu switches in early January and it's tracking code hasn't budged in months. I'm tempted to ask KBDfans just to confirm, but it's not like it'd speed it up I don't think.  :(

Offline clankgy1

• Formerly digifiend
« Reply #6648 on: Sat, 11 April 2020, 16:25:03 »
Tokyo60, MT3 Serika, 205g0 lubed Everglide Stabs, 205g0 lubed creams.

I can’t really tell the difference between using 205g0 and dialectic on the stabs, so I will probably go back to dialectic for stabs in future builds. Tell me why I am wrong.

Not a bad experience here except for the space bar sounding very hollow. I may try to foam the inside of it, but I dont want to cause any issue with weight stressning the switch ability to return it properly.

RF87U 55g (damaged)  |  AV3 w/POM Plate  |  Thermal (to be built)  |  ID80v1 (to be rebuilt)  |  Tokyo60

Offline jacobalbertus1

« Reply #6649 on: Sat, 11 April 2020, 20:18:37 »
I am using IBM's electrocapacitive buckling springs, in ANSI 122 20 key numpad flavor, and f77 industrial grey modelfkeyboards.com  the battleship is my home and the f77 is my on the road board for when I can use it usually at home I have the amp on so no need to worry about model f clicks
Model f 122 USB industrial paint (daily), model f xt inbox almost nos Ellipse approved, NOS model m ssk , Model F 77 for class (special needs I was told I had to use a mech or a key beeper by the school) model m 1391401 silver label ( this was a factory messup where they stuck a 139101 sticker on it and sent it with a ps/2) model m 1390131 model m unicomp industrial case modded  and a model f at