Author Topic: Model F with Soarer & Teensy - spurious key strokes  (Read 1404 times)

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
Model F with Soarer & Teensy - spurious key strokes
« on: Fri, 25 October 2013, 16:42:34 »
I folded this into my responses on Soarer's main thread, but I just rebuilt an F-122 with Teensy and Soarer's Converter, and, from time to time, at random, I get random characters.

Sometimes, individually, sometimes loads of them.

I really like the board, but it is unacceptable since they sometimes open or close Windows or other things.

Is this indicative of a bad electrical component, loose connection, or something else that I could troubleshoot?

Thanks for your suggestions.
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline bcg

Re: Model F with Soarer & Teensy - spurious key strokes
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 26 October 2013, 00:37:29 »
Do you have another of the same model that you could test on the converter to see if the problem lies with the converter or the board itself?

or a second converter that you could hook up?

I think checking the components in isolation is your best bet, and then narrowing down the problem

I haven't taken apart an F-122 but if its like the XT you could dismantle the whole thing and try out the PCB in isolation as well if you determine that the problem lies in the board... thinking about that makes me wonder if there is a piece of debris or something inside of there that is jostling around and shorting out the traces
:wq!