Author Topic: What did you do today?  (Read 1423238 times)

Offline Novus

• Formerly the1onewolf
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Mondai nothing~
Re: What did you do today?
« Reply #500 on: Mon, 24 February 2014, 00:42:15 »
Walked in to work to relieve my coworker.  Saw him watching the OKC game laid back and relaxed.  I knew it would be a good day.

LOL.
That statement may possibly be misconstrued out of context.

Offline iri

« Reply #501 on: Mon, 24 February 2014, 05:31:44 »
seen a very beautiful black girl in the subway. was mad that i have a girlfriend.
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
    • My Youtube channel with some keyboard videos
« Reply #502 on: Mon, 24 February 2014, 05:49:59 »
seen a very beautiful black girl in the subway. was mad that i have a girlfriend.

lolwut

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #503 on: Mon, 24 February 2014, 06:10:08 »

Did you propose a threesome here?  Don't forget to get some condoms buddy  :thumb: .

Offline iri

« Reply #504 on: Mon, 24 February 2014, 06:23:54 »
i'm too monogamic
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline Novus

• Formerly the1onewolf
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Mondai nothing~
« Reply #505 on: Mon, 24 February 2014, 12:46:06 »

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #506 on: Mon, 24 February 2014, 12:51:42 »
i'm too monogamic

Sologamy is where it's at

....oh god, I'm so lonely.

Offline iri

« Reply #507 on: Mon, 24 February 2014, 13:02:54 »
i'm too monogamic

Well, you can find a date much faster than it took you to find a job.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #508 on: Mon, 24 February 2014, 13:12:46 »
i'm too monogamic

Well, you can find a date much faster than it took you to find a job.

Damn that's cold.  True, but cold.

Offline admiralvorian

• DIY
« Reply #509 on: Mon, 24 February 2014, 23:38:00 »
called out from work and played video games all day! really needed a 'mental health day' ya dig?
Darude Status:
☐ Not Sandstorm
☑ Sandstorm                                               wts wtt wtb

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #510 on: Tue, 25 February 2014, 15:10:05 »
Finished animating all 387 of the moving 2D character and background sprites and finally put in particle effects and sound on my game team's senior project. We are a month ahead of schedule, prepped for the alpha proof on Friday, and everything is going better than planned. I am not sure this has ever happen in the entire history of game development.

This is the least stressed out I've felt in the past 5 years  :thumb:

Offline Computer-Lab in Basement

• The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #511 on: Tue, 25 February 2014, 15:31:28 »
Finished animating all 387 of the moving 2D character and background sprites and finally put in particle effects and sound on my game team's senior project. We are a month ahead of schedule, prepped for the alpha proof on Friday, and everything is going better than planned. I am not sure this has ever happen in the entire history of game development.

That is good to hear! Glad it's going good for you!

I'm a boring person. Today, I went to work. And now, I'll be going home. To play CoD. And watch Netflix...
tp thread is tp thread
Sometimes it's like he accidentally makes a thread instead of a google search.

IBM Model M SSK | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model F 122 | IBM Model M 122 | Ducky YOTD 2012 w/ blue switches | Poker II w/ Blue switches | Royal Kludge RK61 w/ Blue switches

Offline iri

« Reply #512 on: Wed, 26 February 2014, 01:54:54 »

Everything will be ruined on the demo, trust me.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #513 on: Wed, 26 February 2014, 15:24:35 »
Cut an exhaust in half and replace a CV axle. Right now making some music ^_^
I love Elzy

Offline Melvang

• Exquisite Lord of Bumfluff
  • * Maker
  • Melvang's Desktop Customs
« Reply #514 on: Wed, 26 February 2014, 16:31:33 »
Finalized the CAD work on my plate for my brushed behemoth.
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #515 on: Fri, 28 February 2014, 12:25:25 »
Ate fried chicken at my keyboard...

55892-0

*for fohat  ;D

Offline snoopy

• The Flying Ace
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Gone with the Wind
« Reply #516 on: Fri, 28 February 2014, 12:31:33 »
I cleaned a very dirty g80 pcb today.

Offline Wildcard

• * Esteemed Elder
  • When caffeine isn't enough
« Reply #517 on: Fri, 28 February 2014, 12:32:33 »
Finishing up my first week in my new job today. TGIF

So far I've switched out my keyboard 3 times. HHKB white -> HHKB black -> FC660C. Trying to keep a low profile on it. No flashy boards :)

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #518 on: Fri, 28 February 2014, 14:07:11 »

So far I've switched out my keyboard 3 times. HHKB white -> HHKB black -> FC660C. Trying to keep a low profile on it. No flashy boards :)

I'll send you my QFR, see what people think then, lol.

How are you liking the new job so far?
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline iri

« Reply #519 on: Fri, 28 February 2014, 15:29:35 »
Ate fried chicken at my keyboard...

(Attachment Link)

*for fohat  ;D
a ducky with stock keycaps. no importa.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline Wildcard

• * Esteemed Elder
  • When caffeine isn't enough
« Reply #520 on: Fri, 28 February 2014, 17:32:56 »

I'll send you my QFR, see what people think then, lol.

How are you liking the new job so far?

Love it. Way less stress then what I was doing before. I should have done this sooner :)

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #521 on: Fri, 28 February 2014, 17:58:18 »

Yeah, my new work keyboard has blue/white caps. Not sure if it's going to go down too well in the office. I work for a water company though, so maybe they will look at it like that.

Otherwise I will have to get some black PBTs from somewhere.
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #522 on: Sat, 01 March 2014, 21:01:31 »
Bought a new desk! So stoked to set it up tonight.  ;D

Offline ApocalypseMaow

• Kitteh Overlord
  • Say WHAAT...
« Reply #523 on: Sat, 01 March 2014, 22:03:11 »
Won back to back solo queue matches in CSGO!!!
{WTT}HoffNudes(WTS)BLK LightSaverV2         
"#baby****fangerz" -Vesper 2015

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #524 on: Sat, 01 March 2014, 22:05:38 »
I got a haircut and all the cute ladies fawned over it at the salon.  Of course, it should have taken 1.5 hours to do and the bloody thing took 4 hours. 

Also managed to drop almost all of the remaining UV group buy caps and a little package for digi off in the mail.  Good riddance to the UV GB.  I'll be so happy once AlexJP and RabRhee get their correct caps.

Offline Pacifist

• Report me *again* if there are gifs in my sig
  • * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #525 on: Sat, 01 March 2014, 22:05:55 »

So you won't be keeping your boards on your chair now? :))

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #526 on: Sat, 01 March 2014, 22:15:54 »
I got a haircut and all the cute ladies fawned over it at the salon.  Of course, it should have taken 1.5 hours to do and the bloody thing took 4 hours. 

Also managed to drop almost all of the remaining UV group buy caps and a little package for digi off in the mail.  Good riddance to the UV GB.  I'll be so happy once AlexJP and RabRhee get their correct caps.

A 4 hour haircut?? :eek:

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #527 on: Sat, 01 March 2014, 22:19:59 »

Probably dyes his hair. Nothing wrong with that, my mom does it because she loves my hair color so much lol.

could be totally wrong tho
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #528 on: Sat, 01 March 2014, 22:32:07 »

Probably dyes his hair. Nothing wrong with that, my mom does it because she loves my hair color so much lol.

could be totally wrong tho

No dyeing.  I haven't dyed my hair since high school I think.  If I had a corporate job, I would probably do some dying to emphasize the auburn lowlights and blond highlights in my hair, but I literally work with crazy people.  So the only people I really try and look good for are some of the cute social workers my age.

But yeah, this time it was 4 hours.  I was in hell.  Normally when I go to a salon it only takes 1-2 hours, with 2 hours being on the extreme long end.  It's a teaching salon though, and they took forever on my hair.  I think she spent an hour or two just on the back of the hair.  It looks good, but it was no fun.  At least there were some hot women to admire and converse with.  That made things better.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #529 on: Sat, 01 March 2014, 22:39:08 »
nubs gets frost tips with his haircuts. he's trying to bring nsync style back
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #530 on: Sat, 01 March 2014, 22:45:57 »
**** yes, demik.  You know JT still pulls all that tail because of the frosted tips he rocked back in the day.  Hell, I talked to him recently, because everyone in LA/Orange County knows a **** ton of celebrities, and he said he's trying to bring it back.

On the other hand, the Chris Kirkpatric chinstrap goatee you're sporting gives off a pedo vibe. We can change that though.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #531 on: Sat, 01 March 2014, 22:47:45 »
whoa whoa whoa, sexy can only be brought back once a century
On the other hand, the Chris Kirkpatric chinstrap goatee you're sporting gives off a pedo vibe. We can change that though.

ah ****, need to get rid of it. it's girl scout cookie season!
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #532 on: Sun, 02 March 2014, 00:13:50 »

So you won't be keeping your boards on your chair now? :))

Yeah finally a nice dark colored desk to go with my chair! :P

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #533 on: Sun, 02 March 2014, 00:41:50 »
Seriously though, what do you get done to your hair that it takes 90 minutes normally? How long is it?

Mine usually only takes like 20 minutes tops. But then I have the hair line of a 50 year old at 24.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #534 on: Sun, 02 March 2014, 00:46:11 »
It's a place where students cut your hair, so take a normal haircut (1-1.5 hours for wash, cut, and styling) and multiply that by 2-3 since they're still learning, have to get their teachers to sign off on things from time to time, and may have questions for their teachers.  Normally I'm in and out in under two hours.  No clue what happened this time.

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #535 on: Sun, 02 March 2014, 00:49:14 »
OHhhh, ok. I take it you don't get it cut there that often? Or does it not cost you that much?

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #536 on: Sun, 02 March 2014, 00:51:52 »
I go from time to time because it's cheap.  $18 and a better haircut than salons I've tried that cost twice as much and much much better than a barber cut or Supercuts or other ****ty chain cut.

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #537 on: Sun, 02 March 2014, 00:55:37 »
Huh. That's pretty good.

I pay like £7 for short back and sides, but like I say, I have almost no hair so there isn't much to do with it. I had a number 1 all over for my 4 year army career, so I don't really know what to do with it now I'm out and growing it.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #538 on: Sun, 02 March 2014, 10:09:31 »
Huh. That's pretty good.

I pay like £7 for short back and sides, but like I say, I have almost no hair so there isn't much to do with it. I had a number 1 all over for my 4 year army career, so I don't really know what to do with it now I'm out and growing it.

I pay $20 for that (well, a number 2 instead).

It costs $15, but the guys are cool af so I tip them well.

It's a really easy hairstyle to take care of, and it looks good on most guys.

Offline iri

« Reply #539 on: Sun, 02 March 2014, 13:25:07 »
Got back from Finland.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #540 on: Sun, 02 March 2014, 16:22:56 »
lol, the most I've spent at the hairdressers was... about three teuros. But I don't look like this...

Anyway, I had a talk about alternative pointing devices and user interfaces; things got out of hand, we had a discussion about lubing balls in the end.

Offline Lanx

« Reply #541 on: Sun, 02 March 2014, 17:45:17 »
found out i live near a microcenter now, bought a 8core amd black edition for 100bucks, bought mb and ram. (270 total) swapped with my main rig, apparently i forgot it was only limited to sata 2, now my ssd is even faster, oh and asus apparently has easy mode oc now, just click a button and it does it all for you.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #542 on: Sun, 02 March 2014, 18:09:43 »
I have been watching twitch plays pokemon for 5 hours now

please help me

Offline HipsterPunks

• Gangmember
  • * Maker
« Reply #543 on: Sun, 02 March 2014, 19:06:37 »

please help me

i stopped watching after they were stuck getting to Giovanni for a day and a half than that whole democracy anarchy vote system happened. I actually forgot this was still going on until i saw your post so im curious to see where they are now  :p
sell out and eat ass

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #544 on: Sun, 02 March 2014, 19:57:29 »

please help me

i stopped watching after they were stuck getting to Giovanni for a day and a half than that whole democracy anarchy vote system happened. I actually forgot this was still going on until i saw your post so im curious to see where they are now  :p

Well, "we" (if you could say that) actually beat Pokemon Red.  "We" are playing Pokemon Crystal now.  So take that, all you doubters.  Beat a Pokemon game in ~17 days as a mob of 60,000 people.

Offline Melvang

• Exquisite Lord of Bumfluff
  • * Maker
  • Melvang's Desktop Customs
« Reply #545 on: Sun, 02 March 2014, 23:57:24 »
Between yesterday and today my coworkers and I took a 5 day job that we did twice with a previous contractor and did it in 2 days without any night shift support.  Not a fault of the other shift because they still had other stuff they had to get done.  The contractor that we are working for right now didn't realize how much work was actually involved in the task plus they were short 5 guys Sat night.  Ohh well I got 26.5 hours on the clock in 2 days.  We got 12.5 of time and a half and 14 hours of double time.  So I actually get a bit better than a 40 hour check (works out to 46.75 hours worth of straight time) in 2 days.
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline epzy

• HHKB Fiend
  • ded
« Reply #546 on: Fri, 07 March 2014, 07:02:45 »
nvm
FaceW ~ Duck Viper ~ Kishsaver ~ HHKB Pro 2 Cherry G81-3000SAU ~ Filco Majestouch 2 ~ GON NS NerD 60 HHKB ~ 360 Corsa (jk skam) ~ KMAC Happy (jk skam) ~ JD40 (jk skam)

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #547 on: Sat, 08 March 2014, 02:17:18 »
Just got done dental banding my sliders and lubing my slider housings and stabilizers in my Leopold FC 660C All 45G.

It sounds amazing now! I can finally go to sleep now. Woo hoo!
(Also watched 300) Seeing Pompe tomorrow, then the 300 Sequel Sunday!

Offline eddie

• ¥¥¥¥
« Reply #548 on: Sun, 09 March 2014, 00:40:22 »
I woke up and ate some nachos then went to try to play pokemon x and y and do some battles but the wifi on my 3ds system disconnects every 3 minutes and it pissed me off so I went back to sleep then I woke back up and talked to my friend for about an hour.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #549 on: Sun, 09 March 2014, 01:03:08 »
Today the first batch of résumés went out. It's some scary ****, man.  :'(