Author Topic: What did you do today?  (Read 1423380 times)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
Re: What did you do today?
« Reply #550 on: Sun, 09 March 2014, 03:52:28 »
Today the first batch of résumés went out. It's some scary ****, man.  :'(

Hope it works out :)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline iri

« Reply #551 on: Sun, 09 March 2014, 04:12:18 »
good luck. how fast do you expect them to respond?
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #552 on: Sun, 09 March 2014, 04:17:55 »

Some never respond.  Let's hope some do :)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #553 on: Sun, 09 March 2014, 05:38:41 »

Just depends where you're currently residing.  Some places are just dead-holes no work or any opportunities hence best to leave that place as soon as possible.  Other places you can find work as soon as you get off the plane and pay for a taxi.

Luck of the draw but always position yourself in some city to get prime jobs easily.  If you've got good experience then you've killed off nearly 80% of your competitors.  You are going into battle when it comes to getting a job -  take no prisoners  8) .

Offline iri

« Reply #554 on: Sun, 09 March 2014, 06:03:18 »

Just depends where you're currently residing.  Some places are just dead-holes no work or any opportunities hence best to leave that place as soon as possible.  Other places you can find work as soon as you get off the plane and pay for a taxi.
in my experience, twitter may respond in a day and google in two months. both have their hq in roughly the same place.
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #555 on: Sun, 09 March 2014, 06:38:24 »

Everyone says give them at least a month to respond, and many times they just don't respond at all. Not a big deal, I've got at least 20 more to send out.

Offline paicrai

• Actually a Jane Austen novel
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #556 on: Mon, 10 March 2014, 07:53:33 »
screw homework I've been doing this a bunch
57023-0
57025-1
I shouldn't, but...
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

I will literally **** you raw paicrai, I hope you're legal by the time I meet you.
👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀 good **** go౦ԁ ****👌 thats ✔ some good👌👌**** right👌👌th 👌 ere👌👌👌 right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self 💯  i say so 💯  thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ💯 👌👌 👌НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ👌 👌👌 👌 💯 👌 👀 👀 👀 👌👌Good ****

Offline Computer-Lab in Basement

• The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #557 on: Mon, 10 March 2014, 08:02:27 »
tp thread is tp thread
Sometimes it's like he accidentally makes a thread instead of a google search.

IBM Model M SSK | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model F 122 | IBM Model M 122 | Ducky YOTD 2012 w/ blue switches | Poker II w/ Blue switches | Royal Kludge RK61 w/ Blue switches

Offline iri

« Reply #558 on: Mon, 10 March 2014, 13:29:49 »
broke my leg.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline paicrai

• Actually a Jane Austen novel
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #559 on: Mon, 10 March 2014, 13:58:46 »
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

I will literally **** you raw paicrai, I hope you're legal by the time I meet you.
👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀 good **** go౦ԁ ****👌 thats ✔ some good👌👌**** right👌👌th 👌 ere👌👌👌 right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self 💯  i say so 💯  thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ💯 👌👌 👌НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ👌 👌👌 👌 💯 👌 👀 👀 👀 👌👌Good ****

Offline iri

« Reply #560 on: Mon, 10 March 2014, 14:02:34 »
left.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #561 on: Mon, 10 March 2014, 14:10:05 »
broke my leg.

Where you at least having fun before hand?

For me:

Went to the Dr. and got put on blood pressure medication  ???

Offline Melvang

• Exquisite Lord of Bumfluff
  • * Maker
  • Melvang's Desktop Customs
« Reply #562 on: Mon, 10 March 2014, 14:42:50 »
Finalized some design issues for a single switch PCB both MX and Alps compatible with Moz and sent files to OshPark for a 9 pack.  Already sent to fabricator.  Thread about them in IC section.
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline iri

« Reply #563 on: Mon, 10 March 2014, 15:41:58 »
broke my leg.

Where you at least having fun before hand?
i was going downstairs to meet the missus to help her bring volumous and heavy **** she bought in ikea to our apartment. boring as ****.

p.s. thank you guys, i'm feeling fine, hope to recover soon
/sarcasm

-Ray Bradbury

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #564 on: Mon, 10 March 2014, 17:52:11 »
hope to recover soon
/sarcasm

:confused:

:p

In all seriousness, hope you get better soon.  Broken legs are no fun.  :(

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #565 on: Mon, 10 March 2014, 20:59:36 »
hope to recover soon
/sarcasm

???

:p

In all seriousness, hope you get better soon.  Broken legs are no fun.  :(

But don't forget when they heal, the bone becomes harder and able to take any further pressure without breakage  :thumb: .

Milk as much sympathy out of your mrs because she'll be like putty in your hands for at least a month or two.  Nothing better than bone breakages to harden you up and prepare you for further demolition of jobs/competitors.

Offline iri

« Reply #566 on: Tue, 11 March 2014, 03:35:16 »
ha! i've already put them all on the bottom of the gulf of finland. time to rest!

-Ray Bradbury

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
    • My Youtube channel with some keyboard videos
« Reply #567 on: Sun, 16 March 2014, 00:12:54 »
I had a dead 80GB PS3 that died on me a month ago. Took the entire thing apart today, cleaned, and had to get the solder reflowing through the CPU and GPU. Took a couple hours and organizing hundreds of parts... but it's working now!!! Might be even better than before because of better thermal compound and no dust... we'll see how long it lives... Hopefully it doesn't die with my Dark Souls 2 disc in it...

Offline iri

« Reply #568 on: Sun, 16 March 2014, 02:59:25 »
went to the doctor's office. there is no fracture and my cast will be removed in three days. mein fuhrer! i can walk!

wanted to do a haircut, was advised to go to the gay barber shop haha.

cut some pumpkin for a cream soup.

that's quite a lot for 11:55 in the sunday morning.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline Novus

• Formerly the1onewolf
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Mondai nothing~
« Reply #569 on: Sun, 16 March 2014, 03:21:27 »
Good thing you didn't.
Dem gays would hit on you with a cask on.

Offline infiniti

• I <3 KB
  • * Senior Moderator
  • Bob was here
    • PM me and ask for a custom title!
« Reply #570 on: Sun, 16 March 2014, 03:33:35 »
went to the doctor's office. there is no fracture and my cast will be removed in three days. mein fuhrer! i can walk!

Congrats on your leg! :thumb:

Offline iri

« Reply #571 on: Sun, 16 March 2014, 03:38:08 »

Congrats on your leg! :thumb:
thanks!

Good thing you didn't.
Dem gays would hit on you with a cask on.
actually i'm going to, once i fully recover. i'm used to people hitting on me since i'm irresistible.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #572 on: Sun, 16 March 2014, 04:04:11 »
Titanfall, Dark Souls Mods, Put together a TV stand. Woo!

Offline riotonthebay

• Cherry Peasant
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • keycult.com
« Reply #573 on: Thu, 20 March 2014, 13:23:08 »
I wrote a short story. First time in a long time that I've written something like that. It was a lot of fun. :D

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #574 on: Thu, 20 March 2014, 13:28:34 »
The highlight of my day was a precalculus test so that should show you what an exciting life I live
IV KWK Info Thread & KBK Info Thread IV (out of date)

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #575 on: Thu, 20 March 2014, 13:29:54 »
Yesterday I went through about 2500 sheets of paper (5 reams) making copies, today I'm putting all those into binders, when the boss decides he really wanted twice the number of sets than what he originally asked for  ???

Offline riotonthebay

• Cherry Peasant
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • keycult.com
« Reply #576 on: Thu, 20 March 2014, 13:32:52 »
Yesterday I went through about 2500 sheets of paper (5 reams) making copies, today I'm putting all those into binders, when the boss decides he really wanted twice the number of sets than what he originally asked for  ???

That sounds like a job for machines, not people.

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
    • My Youtube channel with some keyboard videos
« Reply #577 on: Thu, 20 March 2014, 13:35:12 »
Accidentally aggroed Galvan in Dark Souls 2 and now I can't sell anything in the game until I absolve my sins way later in the game... FML.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #578 on: Thu, 20 March 2014, 13:50:03 »

That sounds like a job for machines, not people.

Well I used the copy 'machine' :p

AND I learned how important it is to pick collate  :-\
« Last Edit: Thu, 20 March 2014, 13:52:08 by SpAmRaY »

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #579 on: Thu, 20 March 2014, 16:06:05 »
Had a lightning talk on keyboard layouts and carpalx.

Offline Lastpilot

• Power stance
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #580 on: Fri, 21 March 2014, 12:01:17 »
Very happy the s8 subwoofer came back to massdrop today. Will have it few weeks from now. YESH. BECAUSE TITANFALL NEEDS BETTER AUDIO EXPLOSIONS!

Offline iri

« Reply #581 on: Fri, 21 March 2014, 14:06:49 »
notable day. first time i've seen haproxy dying under load.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline HipsterPunks

• Gangmember
  • * Maker
« Reply #582 on: Fri, 21 March 2014, 14:10:53 »
Today i decided to mix my regular cup of black coffee with diet coke. I have never felt so awake and focused in my life
sell out and eat ass

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #583 on: Fri, 21 March 2014, 14:15:22 »
Today i decided to mix my regular cup of black coffee with diet coke. I have never felt so awake and focused in my life

g fuel sir

get g fuel
I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline HipsterPunks

• Gangmember
  • * Maker
« Reply #584 on: Fri, 21 March 2014, 15:08:26 »

g fuel sir

get g fuel

i will check out this g fuel sir, hopefully its available in a trial size for a test day. Dustin told me about melatonin to help keep me feeling normal after working over nights, so i just picked up some of that. This will be the month of vitamin overload  :p
sell out and eat ass

Offline riotonthebay

• Cherry Peasant
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • keycult.com
« Reply #585 on: Fri, 21 March 2014, 15:17:44 »

Congratulations on your traffic, sir.

Offline iri

« Reply #586 on: Fri, 21 March 2014, 15:36:17 »
Congratulations on your traffic, sir.
Big Data™

-Ray Bradbury

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #587 on: Fri, 21 March 2014, 17:29:37 »
I ran a SSBB tournament for school.

We all came up with silly names, like "Prof. Bonghitzzz" and then duked it out.
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #588 on: Sat, 22 March 2014, 00:03:13 »
Road 42 miles on my bike
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline iri

« Reply #589 on: Sat, 22 March 2014, 04:53:03 »
Road 42 miles on my bike
off-road is awesome in california as well.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline pr1me

« Reply #590 on: Sat, 22 March 2014, 15:37:28 »

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #591 on: Sat, 22 March 2014, 16:49:38 »
SHOPPING DAY

5 pairs of socks
3 pairs of chinos
1 sick shirt
1 jacket
1 pair of stan smiths
1 set of burgundy laces

day was good
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #592 on: Sat, 22 March 2014, 17:23:36 »
Road 42 miles on my bike

AW YE. **** JUST GOT REAL.

I ran a SSBB tournament for school.

We all came up with silly names, like "Prof. Bonghitzzz" and then duked it out.

**** I love SSBB. I'm terrible at it but it's so much fun.

Offline iri

« Reply #593 on: Sat, 22 March 2014, 17:48:34 »
walked a little around town. it was a nice spring day, +9C and sunny.

58401-058403-158405-2

also rode the subway train.

Not a valid vimeo URL

-Ray Bradbury

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #594 on: Sat, 22 March 2014, 18:05:40 »
I take cold showers and stuff, but I'd bet the water was colder than that.

Offline iri

« Reply #595 on: Sat, 22 March 2014, 18:10:44 »
for those who find it too warm, the ice-floes provide refreshing experience.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline 1pq

• Hipster Doofus
« Reply #596 on: Sat, 22 March 2014, 18:52:20 »

g fuel sir

get g fuel

Does this stuff actually work, in your experience? It's a very good concept. I'm tempted to try it out if you've had a good experience with it.
main kbs:  87UB (55g)  Custom Filco TKL (62g clears)

WTS JD40, Custom Ergoclear Filco

WTB ROHS Red BBv2 (Topre), OG EK Tri-Color Skull (TOPRE)

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #597 on: Sat, 22 March 2014, 19:26:32 »
Road 42 miles on my bike
off-road is awesome in california as well.

Dont own a mountain bike :(
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline Krysune

« Reply #598 on: Sat, 22 March 2014, 22:48:15 »
Let's see, I got up, went out for breakfast before I headed to work from 11:00 AM to 7:00 PM, went to starbucks for a strawberries and creme frappuccino then went home to eat left over beef stew. Haha
I'd rather be HATED for who I am than LOVED for who I am NOT

Offline Computer-Lab in Basement

• The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #599 on: Sat, 22 March 2014, 22:54:34 »
Went to my company's 100 year anniversary party.  Open bar.  Had a great time...
tp thread is tp thread
Sometimes it's like he accidentally makes a thread instead of a google search.

IBM Model M SSK | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model F 122 | IBM Model M 122 | Ducky YOTD 2012 w/ blue switches | Poker II w/ Blue switches | Royal Kludge RK61 w/ Blue switches