Author Topic: What did you do today?  (Read 1423200 times)

Offline Vibex

• Love y'all
Re: What did you do today?
« Reply #700 on: Sat, 05 April 2014, 17:55:33 »
Changed up my computers colour scheme again. Still need to find a suitable purple to use.

Offline Novus

• Formerly the1onewolf
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Mondai nothing~
« Reply #701 on: Sat, 05 April 2014, 19:52:23 »
No salt water toffee. :/

Oh well time to go on a sugar rush

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #702 on: Sat, 05 April 2014, 20:56:27 »
Hacked apart a wey banking board and am working on assembling another board.

Offline Novus

• Formerly the1onewolf
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Mondai nothing~
« Reply #703 on: Sat, 05 April 2014, 21:18:13 »

Take videos!!!

Offline HipsterPunks

• Gangmember
  • * Maker
« Reply #704 on: Sat, 05 April 2014, 21:42:02 »

Ray you seem to be always working on cool projects, i would love to see pics of some of the finished projects or works in progress of your builds
sell out and eat ass

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #705 on: Sat, 05 April 2014, 22:53:49 »
Put my Nordic Ducky Mini in a Pure Limited Aluminum case. B, E, A, Utiful.  :p

Offline Melvang

• Exquisite Lord of Bumfluff
  • * Maker
  • Melvang's Desktop Customs
« Reply #706 on: Sat, 05 April 2014, 22:55:13 »
Failed again at trying to compile a firmware for a small test bed.
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #707 on: Sat, 05 April 2014, 23:02:16 »

Ray you seem to be always working on cool projects, i would love to see pics of some of the finished projects or works in progress of your builds

All I really have is my cell phone camera and its pretty bad most of the time :D

And so far a lot of what I've done is just take stuff apart!! But a lot of that stuff does look cool.

I soldered up a board but somethings messed up somewhere...doh! Guess its troubleshooting time. :/

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #708 on: Sat, 05 April 2014, 23:05:19 »
Tournament, then ate burger now full as **** want to sleep but can't
I love Elzy

Offline iri

« Reply #709 on: Sun, 06 April 2014, 03:24:50 »
bought a new bed and a new mattress. and a ton of complementary ****.
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #710 on: Sun, 06 April 2014, 03:59:06 »
Bought an A4 cutting mat in an arty farty shop for $9 to replace the previous one that experienced a heat-related adventure.

Then called into The Reject Shop and found that they sell A3 cutting mats for $4.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline iri

« Reply #711 on: Sun, 06 April 2014, 04:03:16 »
and they say everything is expensive in 'straya!
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline Beca

• what am i doing with my life
« Reply #712 on: Sun, 06 April 2014, 04:26:44 »
There's a children's knitwear photoshoot happening in my house

So many small children...

this is my nightmare.

i hate children. a lot of children in the same place... sheesh, can't even imagine it.
so no demik jr. in the future? :(

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #713 on: Sun, 06 April 2014, 04:39:36 »
and they say everything is expensive in 'straya!

Depends where you shop :p
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #714 on: Sun, 06 April 2014, 12:05:56 »
Dear diary,

Yesterday was an interesting day.

Offline HipsterPunks

• Gangmember
  • * Maker
« Reply #715 on: Sun, 06 April 2014, 12:07:51 »
Dear diary,

Show Image

Oh my! I hope everyone was ok, i bet that was terrifying  :-X
sell out and eat ass

Offline Vibex

• Love y'all
« Reply #716 on: Sun, 06 April 2014, 12:11:36 »
Dear diary,

Show Image

Damn, are you alright? What happened?

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #717 on: Sun, 06 April 2014, 12:21:48 »
Dear diary,

Show Image

Damn, are you alright? What happened?

Oh my! I hope everyone was ok, i bet that was terrifying  :-X

Yeah, I'm fine, thanks for the concern guys.  :)  Thankfully it hit on the passenger side rather than the driver side.  It was some stupid bird, possibly a turkey vulture (?), that flew right in front of me.  I slammed on the brakes but couldn't react fast enough.  :|  And the windshield repair place happened to be open on Saturday and was able to help me that day, so it ended up not being as bad as it could have been (I was travelling, so getting back home would have been interesting).  But it did still get glass in ****ing everything.   :'(

Offline Vibex

• Love y'all
« Reply #718 on: Sun, 06 April 2014, 12:30:50 »
Yeah, I'm fine, thanks for the concern guys.  :)  Thankfully it hit on the passenger side rather than the driver side.  It was some stupid bird, possibly a turkey vulture (?), that flew right in front of me.  I slammed on the brakes but couldn't react fast enough.  :|  And the windshield repair place happened to be open on Saturday and was able to help me that day, so it ended up not being as bad as it could have been (I was travelling, so getting back home would have been interesting).  But it did still get glass in ****ing everything.   :'(
Glad your alright. :D My Grandma hit a deer a year or so back. It jumped out of nowhere and destroyed the entire front of her car. Fortunately she only got some minor bruises, but the damage to the car was ridiculous.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #719 on: Sun, 06 April 2014, 12:35:00 »
Glad your alright. :D My Grandma hit a deer a year or so back. It jumped out of nowhere and destroyed the entire front of her car. Fortunately she only got some minor bruises, but the damage to the car was ridiculous.

Yeah, I'm really thankful it wasn't a deer.   :-X   This was mostly limited to windshield damage, so it wasn't the worst thing that could happen, by a long shot.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #720 on: Sun, 06 April 2014, 19:02:01 »

Yeah, I'm really thankful it wasn't a deer.   :-X   This was mostly limited to windshield damage, so it wasn't the worst thing that could happen, by a long shot.

It would have been worse in Australia - that is the driver's side of the car! :eek:

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #721 on: Mon, 07 April 2014, 05:44:51 »
But you drive on the other side of the road, don't you? Then there would be more reaction time. And what big & fast animals live in Australia anyway?

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #722 on: Mon, 07 April 2014, 05:59:28 »
But you drive on the other side of the road, don't you? Then there would be more reaction time. And what big & fast animals live in Australia anyway?

Kangaroos.

Wombats.

Crocodiles longer than your car.

Huge bird-eating spiders.

That kind of thing :p

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #723 on: Mon, 07 April 2014, 06:07:29 »
Easy to see in a desert...

Offline iri

« Reply #724 on: Mon, 07 April 2014, 06:40:11 »
...which isn't the whole country. Also forests and bush.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline Belfong

« Reply #725 on: Tue, 08 April 2014, 10:19:19 »
I watched classifieds all day hoping for an orange blanks topre, brobots and clacks for sale. Please smack some sense into me!

Offline Melvang

• * Maker
« Reply #726 on: Tue, 08 April 2014, 10:44:38 »
Between last night and this morning I got the firmware working for my single switch pcb test bed.  Now to trouble shoot why the switches don't seem to work.  Shorting pads on the teensy itself and wires connecting from the teensy to the matrix cause numbers to appear on screen but yet nothing from the switches.

Edit:  I think I am going to just order v2.0 of the single switch PCB's and do another round with that on my test bed.  Soldering wires to through hole is a lot easier to get a good joint than a tiny surface pad.  I also ordered a batch of stuff to bolt mod an M.
« Last Edit: Tue, 08 April 2014, 11:57:17 by Melvang »
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #727 on: Tue, 08 April 2014, 13:00:04 »
I lost a bid on this keyboard: http://www.ebay.de/itm/161265639530

I have the sad :(

Offline Pacifist

• Report me *again* if there are gifs in my sig
  • * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #728 on: Tue, 08 April 2014, 13:01:45 »
nothing

Offline iri

« Reply #729 on: Tue, 08 April 2014, 16:39:53 »
I lost a bid on this keyboard: http://www.ebay.de/itm/161265639530

Show Image

I have the sad :(
don't worry comrade captain, it's ISO anyway.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #730 on: Tue, 08 April 2014, 19:35:58 »

Offline iri

« Reply #731 on: Wed, 09 April 2014, 01:26:48 »
fexxed my sink.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #732 on: Wed, 09 April 2014, 06:42:52 »
I turned 17

I'm legal in 38 states now!
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline pexon

• * Maker
  • El Jefe of Sleeving
    • Pexon PCs
« Reply #733 on: Wed, 09 April 2014, 06:57:31 »
I turned 17

Happy birthday!  :thumb:

Offline iri

« Reply #734 on: Wed, 09 April 2014, 07:01:52 »
I turned 17

congratulations!!! happy bumming! =D

-Ray Bradbury

Offline Zombly

• Zombie Enthusiast
« Reply #735 on: Wed, 09 April 2014, 09:25:37 »
Been looking at condos, hoping to buy my first place soon.
In the process of my custom Zombie board
[WTB MX Zombro's]

Offline iri

« Reply #736 on: Wed, 09 April 2014, 09:35:40 »
buy a house in alberta!

-Ray Bradbury

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #737 on: Wed, 09 April 2014, 10:01:45 »
Today's come up? Got a mint condition holographic Clefairy. My deck now has it's anchor.
« Last Edit: Wed, 09 April 2014, 10:03:42 by CPTBadAss »

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #738 on: Wed, 09 April 2014, 15:53:18 »
Giving a 15 minute demo and presentation at 6pm on mechanical keyboards, switch types, and artisan keycaps for my comparative media studies and pop culture class. Hopefully I make a convert or two.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #739 on: Wed, 09 April 2014, 15:54:11 »
Giving a 15 minute demo and presentation at 6pm on mechanical keyboards, switch types, and artisan keycaps for my comparative media studies and pop culture class. Hopefully I make a convert or two.

tell them how much the OG is worth!

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #740 on: Wed, 09 April 2014, 15:59:33 »

That's already in there. Gonna give someone a handful of clacks nonchalantly then be like "The value of my car is in the palm of you hand right now." Then talk about how the GH market place compares to Marxism and Freud's principles of utility vs experience, or some ****.  :rolleyes:

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #741 on: Wed, 09 April 2014, 16:03:06 »

That's already in there. Gonna give someone a handful of clacks nonchalantly then be like "The value of my car is in the palm of you hand right now." Then talk about how the GH market place compares to Marxism and Freud's principles of utility vs experience, or some ****.  :rolleyes:

Make sure someone walks you to your car, you might get mugged :eek:

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #742 on: Wed, 09 April 2014, 16:11:42 »

I hope you have a kustom to show them too.   :cool:

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #743 on: Wed, 09 April 2014, 16:37:50 »

I hope you have a kustom to show them too.   :cool:

Well... a mostly custom Filco :P not from Korea though

Offline iri

« Reply #744 on: Thu, 10 April 2014, 11:40:17 »
A parked car driver opened her door right into me passing by on my bike. Flew beautifully over the handlebars. A few bruises and badly functioning right palm.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline pexon

• * Maker
  • El Jefe of Sleeving
    • Pexon PCs
« Reply #745 on: Thu, 10 April 2014, 14:51:12 »
Sleeved 2 PSUs, made a set of extensions, cut and sleeved USB cables ready for soldering tomorrow. I'm zonked :yawn:  :))

Offline Computer-Lab in Basement

• The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #746 on: Thu, 10 April 2014, 14:52:35 »
A parked car driver opened her door right into me passing by on my bike. Flew beautifully over the handlebars. A few bruises and badly functioning right palm.

ouch

you ok?
tp thread is tp thread
Sometimes it's like he accidentally makes a thread instead of a google search.

IBM Model M SSK | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model F 122 | IBM Model M 122 | Ducky YOTD 2012 w/ blue switches | Poker II w/ Blue switches | Royal Kludge RK61 w/ Blue switches

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #747 on: Thu, 10 April 2014, 15:02:20 »
Started the mortgage loan process bleh....:/

Offline Melvang

• * Maker
« Reply #748 on: Thu, 10 April 2014, 20:54:10 »
Worked 13 hours.  Had 2 breakdowns that we had to get fixed.  The one line was down for 3+ hours at a cost of $8,000 to $10,000 per minute of lost production.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #749 on: Thu, 10 April 2014, 23:40:56 »
rode 40 miles
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.