Author Topic: What did you do today?  (Read 1423223 times)

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
Re: What did you do today?
« Reply #1000 on: Sun, 25 May 2014, 19:15:15 »

Cooked some ribs.

« Reply #1001 on: Sun, 25 May 2014, 19:59:40 »
Show Image

Cooked some ribs.

Tasty.

Offline D01

« Reply #1002 on: Sun, 25 May 2014, 20:03:57 »
Went fly fishing this morning, watched the Monaco GP this afternoon.

Offline riotonthebay

• Cherry Peasant
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • keycult.com
« Reply #1003 on: Sun, 25 May 2014, 20:47:04 »
to fry or not to fry

that is the chicken

but seriously, I haven't done it yet, but I'm thinking of frying some chicken. Ray, what do you think? Your avatar suggests that you're something of an expert.

Offline riotonthebay

• Cherry Peasant
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • keycult.com
« Reply #1004 on: Sun, 25 May 2014, 21:17:21 »
#yolo

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #1005 on: Sun, 25 May 2014, 21:18:31 »
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #1006 on: Sun, 25 May 2014, 21:35:41 »

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #1007 on: Sun, 25 May 2014, 23:21:21 »
Beat Super Mario 2 :)

Offline Melvang

• Exquisite Lord of Bumfluff
  • * Maker
  • Melvang's Desktop Customs
« Reply #1008 on: Mon, 26 May 2014, 03:08:41 »
12 hours of welding.
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline iri

« Reply #1009 on: Mon, 26 May 2014, 03:33:34 »
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #1010 on: Mon, 26 May 2014, 08:23:43 »
12 hours of welding.

Do you have a mask with air? 

Offline McWilloughby

« Reply #1011 on: Mon, 26 May 2014, 09:59:57 »
Lamented at the way my country voted in the European election.

Offline Dubsgalore

• Banned
  • Location: 75% You have received a warning for attempting to circumvent the classifieds rules
    • Dubs - Sneakers, Keyboards, and Life
« Reply #1012 on: Mon, 26 May 2014, 11:24:16 »

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #1013 on: Mon, 26 May 2014, 20:44:38 »
Tried Topre. Didn't like it
IV KWK Info Thread & KBK Info Thread IV (out of date)

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #1014 on: Mon, 26 May 2014, 20:50:48 »

I bought a topre before I had tried it. My first reaction was that I didn't like it. I had to use though because I had sold my work mech. After working on it for a few months I am liking it more and more. I now enjoy both my MX and my topre.  That was my experience anyway. 

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #1015 on: Mon, 26 May 2014, 20:52:44 »
I saw an owl on the way home.

It was sitting on a street sign looking the other way.

Then it took off and I panicked, but it was only chasing a flying insect, and landed back on the street sign afterwards.

I took some pictures, but it was already dark and the flash lit up the street sign and reflected the crap out of anything else in the picture.

The above happened on Tuesday.

Wednesday night I saw what might have been the same owl perched on the same street sign looking at the same tree.

It flew off again, but didn't fly back this time.

Last night (Thursday) I saw it again, but time time it was perched on the power line crossing the road above the street sign.  Looking around I saw a second one on another nearby power line.

Saw one owl last night.

Sitting on the power line above the road, watching the same tree.

Then it flew off, circled the tree, and came back to the wire.

Probably hunting.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Melvang

• * Maker
« Reply #1016 on: Mon, 26 May 2014, 22:27:53 »
Made some scrambled eggs this morning with sausage, Colby jack, provolone, medium cheddar, and a touch of maple syrup in the eggs.
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline iri

« Reply #1017 on: Tue, 27 May 2014, 01:34:22 »
give it a week.
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline Melvang

• * Maker
« Reply #1018 on: Tue, 27 May 2014, 02:59:48 »
12 hours of welding.

Nope.  Wasn't 12 hours of continuous welding though.  There was other fab work involved with the piece I was beefing up.  Since a mask with supplied/filtered air isn't required for welding except in very enclosed confined spaces, the contractors won't supply them.

Offline paicrai

• Actually a Jane Austen novel
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #1019 on: Tue, 27 May 2014, 03:08:45 »
12 hours of welding.

Nope.  Wasn't 12 hours of continuous welding though.  There was other fab work involved with the piece I was beefing up.  Since a mask with supplied/filtered air isn't required for welding except in very enclosed confined spaces, the contractors won't supply them.
i tried welding once, it's as scary as it is cool
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

I will literally **** you raw paicrai, I hope you're legal by the time I meet you.
👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀 good **** go౦ԁ ****👌 thats ✔ some good👌👌**** right👌👌th 👌 ere👌👌👌 right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self 💯  i say so 💯  thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ💯 👌👌 👌НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ👌 👌👌 👌 💯 👌 👀 👀 👀 👌👌Good ****

Offline Melvang

• * Maker
« Reply #1020 on: Tue, 27 May 2014, 03:21:33 »
12 hours of welding.

Welding isn't anything compared to air arc, or arc gouging.

Offline paicrai

• * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #1021 on: Tue, 27 May 2014, 03:49:51 »
12 hours of welding.

damn that's nasty!
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

I will literally **** you raw paicrai, I hope you're legal by the time I meet you.
👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀 good **** go౦ԁ ****👌 thats ✔ some good👌👌**** right👌👌th 👌 ere👌👌👌 right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self 💯  i say so 💯  thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ💯 👌👌 👌НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ👌 👌👌 👌 💯 👌 👀 👀 👀 👌👌Good ****

Offline Melvang

• * Maker
« Reply #1022 on: Tue, 27 May 2014, 04:02:36 »
12 hours of welding.

damn that's nasty!

Nothing like moving that much steel with fire.

Offline iri

« Reply #1023 on: Tue, 27 May 2014, 06:42:54 »
Made some scrambled eggs this morning with sausage, Colby jack, provolone, medium cheddar, and a touch of maple syrup in the eggs.
blue collar job, high society breakfasts!

-Ray Bradbury

Offline Melvang

• * Maker
« Reply #1024 on: Tue, 27 May 2014, 06:46:50 »
blue collar job, high society breakfasts!

That was a quick and dirty version.  I call it egg mess.  But when I make it I usually do it a bit different.  First I cook the sausage, then cook the hashbrowns in the grease from the sausage for flavor integration, then add onion, green pepper to sautee down a bit.  Then when all that is down I will add it to the eggs, which will have cheese and a bit of milk.  Sometimes if I am just cooking it for me and some friends (wife isn't eating) I will throw in some black and green olives.

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #1025 on: Tue, 27 May 2014, 07:37:45 »
12 hours of welding.

I have done arc welding, but never tried mig and tig. It's been 20 years since I have done any welding. That makes me seem old, but I was welding very young. We lived on a self sufficient farm in remote canada, so we learned many things very young.

Offline Melvang

• * Maker
« Reply #1026 on: Tue, 27 May 2014, 07:41:06 »
I could probably certify for 3/8" unlimited for arc welding but my overheads still need a little work.  I do suck at MIG but really like TIG though I very rarely do it at work.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #1027 on: Tue, 27 May 2014, 07:42:18 »
I know enough about welding to know that I shouldn't be welding lol. I took a class so I can make super ugly MIG welds :D.

Offline Melvang

• * Maker
« Reply #1028 on: Tue, 27 May 2014, 07:47:55 »
Yeah MIG is very temperamental.  Welder settings need to be just right.  Not like stick where if you are close, most times you can just adjust your speed and be alright.  Hell if a gust of wind comes up when MIG welding it will blow you shield gas away and, BAM, you get to bring out the bad spot.  On the flip side I have done stick welding outside in 35+ mph winds with no issues.

Offline rosslerosa

• MF DOOM
« Reply #1029 on: Wed, 28 May 2014, 10:48:22 »
I bought a Leopold 210tp from hwood34.

Just thought I would log it here for future use, and will update when I get it.

Received the package! Glad to see no damages and working condition from delivery. Props to hwood34 for the buy.66262-0

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #1030 on: Wed, 28 May 2014, 19:52:10 »
Saw an owl again last night.  Or two.  Or maybe three, except it might have been two.

You see, one was sitting on a power line above the road, and another on a power line above the footpath.

The one above the footpath flew off towards, and then behind, the tree, and didn't seem to come out again.

But it might have come out from the other side of the tree that I couldn't see from my position.

As I walked on, I saw the third (or possibly still the second) own sitting on the power line above the footpath a bit further down the street.

Photos still don't turn out very well - it is way too dark, and the owls are too high for a flash to illuminate.

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
    • My Youtube channel with some keyboard videos
« Reply #1031 on: Wed, 28 May 2014, 20:03:34 »
Santa Barbara

« Last Edit: Wed, 28 May 2014, 20:05:56 by VesperSAINT »

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #1032 on: Wed, 28 May 2014, 20:34:56 »
Tasted wine in Sonoma
« Last Edit: Wed, 28 May 2014, 21:15:26 by metalliqaz »

Offline infiniti

• I <3 KB
  • * Senior Moderator
  • Bob was here
    • PM me and ask for a custom title!
« Reply #1033 on: Wed, 28 May 2014, 22:47:14 »
Saw an owl again last night.  Or two.  Or maybe three, except it might have been two.

You see, one was sitting on a power line above the road, and another on a power line above the footpath.

The one above the footpath flew off towards, and then behind, the tree, and didn't seem to come out again.

But it might have come out from the other side of the tree that I couldn't see from my position.

As I walked on, I saw the third (or possibly still the second) own sitting on the power line above the footpath a bit further down the street.

Photos still don't turn out very well - it is way too dark, and the owls are too high for a flash to illuminate.

You're a wizard Ha...err...rowdy :thumb:

Offline Lain1911

• God of the Wired
« Reply #1034 on: Wed, 28 May 2014, 22:50:18 »
I mowed and raked the yard and I was grateful, and I liked it!

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #1035 on: Thu, 29 May 2014, 00:49:29 »

You're a wizard Ha...err...rowdy :thumb:

:))

Not sure what my chances would be it I tried to get one of them to deliver a letter for me!

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #1036 on: Thu, 29 May 2014, 06:20:05 »
Beat Arkham Asylum and Postal 2

Offline paicrai

• * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #1037 on: Thu, 29 May 2014, 06:21:16 »
Postal 2
wow if you don't **** around all the time isn't that super short?
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

Offline Melvang

• * Maker
« Reply #1038 on: Thu, 29 May 2014, 08:06:20 »
Changed out a 4300 pound magnetic head pulley on a belt conveyor at work last night.  Good news it my debit cards still work.

On a side note, my wife shouldn't send me shopping without her after work at 3 in the morning.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #1039 on: Thu, 29 May 2014, 08:12:31 »
Postal 2
wow if you don't **** around all the time isn't that super short?

Well half the fun is.. no wait, 3/4 of the fun is... damn, that's still not right.... hmmm let's see here, ah, 92.0920194% of the games' fun is ****ing around.

The last boss was kinda tough too.  :-X

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #1040 on: Thu, 29 May 2014, 08:13:38 »
On a side note, my wife shouldn't send me shopping without her after work at 3 in the morning.

What did you buy?

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #1041 on: Thu, 29 May 2014, 08:14:57 »

What did you buy?

I hope it's something sexy!! :-*!

Offline Melvang

• * Maker
« Reply #1042 on: Thu, 29 May 2014, 08:34:18 »
Well, the wife wanted me to pick up another USB thumb drive, well I ended up getting 3 different sizes of Channel Locks for work, 2 boxes of Cheese Its (smoked provolone, and baby swiss), can of smoked oysters, box of garlic club crackers, and a brick of cheese.

The magnets in that head pulley were damn strong.  It pulled my tape measure off my pocket several times, pulled a wrench out of my pocket (none of the wrench was sticking out).  But out of the 4300 pounds for the entire deal (pulley, shaft, and bearings) 600 was in the bearings, and ~500 was in the shaft, so roughly 3200 was in the pulley itself and the housing for it all was cast aluminum so I am guessing there is probably 2000 pounds of magnets in this thing.  And people worry about magnets in money clips killing debit/credit cards.
« Last Edit: Thu, 29 May 2014, 08:39:35 by Melvang »

Offline iri

« Reply #1043 on: Thu, 29 May 2014, 09:55:13 »
Why just don't switch off the magnets while you were around?

-Ray Bradbury

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
    • My Youtube channel with some keyboard videos
« Reply #1044 on: Thu, 29 May 2014, 12:07:24 »
Well, the wife wanted me to pick up another USB thumb drive, well I ended up getting 3 different sizes of Channel Locks for work, 2 boxes of Cheese Its (smoked provolone, and baby swiss), can of smoked oysters, box of garlic club crackers, and a brick of cheese.

The magnets in that head pulley were damn strong.  It pulled my tape measure off my pocket several times, pulled a wrench out of my pocket (none of the wrench was sticking out).  But out of the 4300 pounds for the entire deal (pulley, shaft, and bearings) 600 was in the bearings, and ~500 was in the shaft, so roughly 3200 was in the pulley itself and the housing for it all was cast aluminum so I am guessing there is probably 2000 pounds of magnets in this thing.  And people worry about magnets in money clips killing debit/credit cards.

The provolone Cheez Its are life changing.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #1045 on: Thu, 29 May 2014, 17:47:07 »

The provolone Cheez Its are life changing.

Now this is all I want in my life.  :(

Offline KangarooZombies

• HHKB Pro
  • ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
« Reply #1046 on: Thu, 29 May 2014, 20:35:22 »

I went to da beach again with da lady.
Having a bad day?
QFR/Pure/FC660C(45G)/HHKB Pro 2(45G)/RF 87U (55G)

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #1047 on: Thu, 29 May 2014, 23:30:49 »
Show Image

Dats one ugly lady

Offline ApocalypseMaow

• Kitteh Overlord
  • Say WHAAT...
« Reply #1048 on: Fri, 30 May 2014, 00:27:27 »
Show Image

Dats one ugly lady
OUCH!  :))
{WTT}HoffNudes(WTS)BLK LightSaverV2         
"#baby****fangerz" -Vesper 2015

Offline bexleycorona

« Reply #1049 on: Fri, 30 May 2014, 00:30:17 »
Spent the day trying to get the A/C on my car fixed.

GE Marquette | Rosewill RK-9000 | Rosewill Apollo 9100 | Realforce 87U "EK Edition" 45g Uniform | Unicomp Ultra Classic Black Buckling Spring | Realforce 87U SE07T0 Variable | Dolch PAC65