Author Topic: What did you do today?  (Read 1423196 times)

Offline iri

Re: What did you do today?
« Reply #1250 on: Sun, 15 June 2014, 08:07:09 »
Today (well yesterday) I went on my first date ever. Was pretty great. ;D Can't wait to go out with her again. ;)
congratulations!
what did you do?
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline Vibex

• Love y'all
« Reply #1251 on: Sun, 15 June 2014, 08:11:46 »
Today (well yesterday) I went on my first date ever. Was pretty great. ;D Can't wait to go out with her again. ;)
congratulations!
what did you do?
We just walked around town and chated about music and anime. Then we went back to my house and played a bunch of video games.

Offline Belfong

« Reply #1252 on: Sun, 15 June 2014, 08:17:57 »
I gave something very dear to someone. I feel very good about it! Yay me!

Offline Pacifist

• Report me *again* if there are gifs in my sig
  • * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #1253 on: Sun, 15 June 2014, 20:55:27 »
went to legoland, saw that they use nixdorf POS systems. Not mechs doe

Offline bexleycorona

« Reply #1254 on: Sun, 15 June 2014, 22:46:02 »
Starting packing for my move. What are things I should consider while moving?

GE Marquette | Rosewill RK-9000 | Rosewill Apollo 9100 | Realforce 87U "EK Edition" 45g Uniform | Unicomp Ultra Classic Black Buckling Spring | Realforce 87U SE07T0 Variable | Dolch PAC65

Offline vinzlr

« Reply #1255 on: Sun, 15 June 2014, 22:59:10 »
Not quite sure, however pack the things that you need last that way when you are getting them out of the truck/van/whatever you can get them out first :D Good luck!

As far as today, video games, hung out with my dad for father's day and I'm getting ready to watch the GoT finale with a friend!

Offline user 18

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #1256 on: Sun, 15 June 2014, 23:01:01 »
Downloaded the 666 Friday the 13th edition of notepad++. Installed using the old, obsolete, monstrous classic icon.
Please PM me if you are waiting on classifieds approval or have a question about the classifieds rules. | geekhack Terms of Service

Max Nighthawk x8 (MX Brown) | CM QFR (MX Blue) | CM QFR (MX Clear) | RK-9000 (MX Red) | Model M 1391401 | Model M SSK 1370475 | CM Novatouch | G80-8113 (MX Clear) | 60% (85g MX Blue) | Whitefox Aria (MX Clear) | CL-LX (MX Clear) | Mira SE (MX Clear)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #1257 on: Mon, 16 June 2014, 01:27:09 »

A lot of removalist web sites have a checklist for moving house.  Even if you are not paying for their service, you can usually download the checklist anyway.

Something like this: http://www.fragileremovals.com.au/moving-house/

But I have seen more comprehensive ones too.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline compgeke

« Reply #1258 on: Wed, 18 June 2014, 00:57:58 »
Worked on cleaning the garage.

Offline Pacifist

• Report me *again* if there are gifs in my sig
  • * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #1259 on: Wed, 18 June 2014, 00:58:52 »
went to friends house. showed him mechs. he preferred his apple scissor switch to cherry blacks for gaming.

Offline Beca

• what am i doing with my life
« Reply #1260 on: Wed, 18 June 2014, 01:02:09 »
congratulations!
what did you do?
We just walked around town and chated about music and anime. Then we went back to my house and played a bunch of video games.
cuteee ;D

Offline compgeke

« Reply #1261 on: Wed, 18 June 2014, 10:44:47 »
went to friends house. showed him mechs. he preferred his apple scissor switch to cherry blacks for gaming.

Ever tried Stepmania on a mechanical board? Apple keyboards are great for that game as almost no key travel seems to be the most effective. Other than that he must have no sensitivity in his fingers from all that bottoming out anymore and can't feel the difference anymore.

Offline Melvang

• Exquisite Lord of Bumfluff
  • * Maker
  • Melvang's Desktop Customs
« Reply #1262 on: Wed, 18 June 2014, 13:09:32 »
Drank ten 20 oz bottles of diluted gatorade at work and didn't have to visit the little mechanics room until 11 and a half hours into my shift.
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #1263 on: Wed, 18 June 2014, 19:47:51 »
Show Image

Still looks better than (okay, the same as) my parent's garage.  Can barely walk in there, and it's a double.   :))

Drank ten 20 oz bottles of diluted gatorade at work and didn't have to visit the little mechanics room until 11 and a half hours into my shift.

Holy crap.  That's impressive.  You work 12's, right?  Couldn't quite make it the whole shift, huh?  New goal, I bet!   :p

Offline Melvang

• * Maker
« Reply #1264 on: Wed, 18 June 2014, 20:38:42 »
Show Image

Still looks better than (okay, the same as) my parent's garage.  Can barely walk in there, and it's a double.   :))

Holy crap.  That's impressive.  You work 12's, right?  Couldn't quite make it the whole shift, huh?  New goal, I bet!   :p

Naw, just hovering that line on dehydration.  Tends to get a little warm working in a foundry in the summer.  But yeah working 12's.  I actually don't remember the last scheduled 8 hour day.  That would be like a mini vacation any more.
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #1265 on: Thu, 19 June 2014, 23:47:02 »
Today I decided that having only one scar on each thumb from working on electronics simply wasn't enough, so I added (what may become) a second to my right thumb.   :thumb:

It's not a big one or anything, I just find it amusing that my thumbs get all the abuse.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #1266 on: Thu, 19 June 2014, 23:50:35 »
Today I decided that having only one scar on each thumb from working on electronics simply wasn't enough, so I added (what may become) a second to my right thumb.   :thumb:

Show Image

It's not a big one or anything, I just find it amusing that my thumbs get all the abuse.

Some say it is the opposed thumbs that allowed humans to evolve as they have.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline bexleycorona

« Reply #1267 on: Fri, 20 June 2014, 04:34:50 »
Did more today than I have done all month.

Hung out with friends, ate 5,000+ Kcal of amazing food, watched the latest season of Top Gear and played video games.

This is what the summer is all about.

GE Marquette | Rosewill RK-9000 | Rosewill Apollo 9100 | Realforce 87U "EK Edition" 45g Uniform | Unicomp Ultra Classic Black Buckling Spring | Realforce 87U SE07T0 Variable | Dolch PAC65

Offline iri

« Reply #1268 on: Fri, 20 June 2014, 06:05:26 »
ate 5,000+ Kcal of amazing food
'murica.
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline Melvang

• * Maker
« Reply #1269 on: Fri, 20 June 2014, 07:57:39 »

Show Image

I feel ya there Hoffman.  I got bit by a grinder at work last night.

68472-0

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #1270 on: Fri, 20 June 2014, 14:21:27 »
Today a co-worker told me he didn't want to get his Master's because he needed to spend that time taking care of his new dog.

* CPTBadAss facepalms

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #1271 on: Fri, 20 June 2014, 15:15:26 »
Today a co-worker told me he didn't want to get his Master's because he needed to spend that time taking care of his new dog.

* CPTBadAss facepalms

Education is overrated.  Having skills that are in demand is where its at.  School put me 4 years behind in my career...  (but thats just me...)

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #1272 on: Fri, 20 June 2014, 15:19:25 »
Yes but he's focusing on his dog. I'm pretty sure dog walker isn't an in demand skill.

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #1273 on: Fri, 20 June 2014, 15:22:44 »
Yes but he's focusing on his dog. I'm pretty sure dog walker isn't an in demand skill.

Fair enough.  However, I checked with the local dog walker what his prices were to walk my dog(s).  He charges $20 for 30 minutes and he walks 10 dogs at a time.  I am in the wrong business.  He is making $400/hour...   :eek:

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #1274 on: Fri, 20 June 2014, 16:28:07 »
10 dogs at once? O_o

Anyway, 4 years behind on career? Who cares about the career? Well, except about one half of the world, the one obsessed with work. O_o (A relevant link, although the domain name doesn't look too trustworthy.)

Offline iri

« Reply #1275 on: Fri, 20 June 2014, 17:44:02 »
worked for 11.5 hours.
why? that's one of the many things davkol won't understand.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline fknraiden

« Reply #1276 on: Fri, 20 June 2014, 20:13:24 »
Just departed on an Alaskan cruise, probably going to lose service soon. I'll be stopping in Victoria tomorrow if anyone wants to kick it and get a drink.

IBM SSK 87'     ReAlForce 55g Silent 10AE

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #1277 on: Fri, 20 June 2014, 22:08:29 »
Just departed on an Alaskan cruise, probably going to lose service soon. I'll be stopping in Victoria tomorrow if anyone wants to kick it and get a drink.

You will be headed past my old neck of the woods.  Say hi to the wilderness for me.  I miss it.  The mountains especially...

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #1278 on: Fri, 20 June 2014, 22:10:54 »
i made like 50 posts today

it was awesome
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #1279 on: Sat, 21 June 2014, 00:05:59 »
I tapped some acrylic as part of my prototyping for my minimal case.  Really happy with the results.  It worked way better than I was expecting.

Full details here...

Here is a cross post pic.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #1280 on: Sat, 21 June 2014, 02:40:22 »
i made like 50 posts today

it was awesome

Feel the joy ;D

50 total, or 50 in sub-forums that are included in your official post count?

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #1281 on: Sat, 21 June 2014, 02:50:40 »
Had a mini date tonight and have another with her tomorrow.  Totally makes up for missing the surprise bro sale.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #1282 on: Sat, 21 June 2014, 02:54:27 »
Had a mini date tonight and have another with her tomorrow.  Totally makes up for missing the surprise bro sale.

If there's to be a third one, you might be on to something :)

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #1283 on: Sat, 21 June 2014, 03:04:36 »

We're a little past third.  We've had three proper dates and two "hang out" spur of the moment dates.  So tomorrow will be #6. or the fourth "real" date.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #1284 on: Sat, 21 June 2014, 03:12:01 »

We're a little past third.  We've had three proper dates and two "hang out" spur of the moment dates.  So tomorrow will be #6. or the fourth "real" date.

Nice one, sounds like it is more than mutual :D

Offline iri

« Reply #1285 on: Sat, 21 June 2014, 04:15:07 »
Had a mini date tonight and have another with her tomorrow.
that nuthouse girl?

-Ray Bradbury

Offline bexleycorona

« Reply #1286 on: Sat, 21 June 2014, 04:58:06 »

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #1287 on: Sat, 21 June 2014, 11:42:24 »

looks like it's lunch time
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #1288 on: Sat, 21 June 2014, 11:52:10 »
that nuthouse girl?

I'm the one that works with people in mental institutions.  She's a normal, cool person.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #1289 on: Sat, 21 June 2014, 12:06:19 »
that nuthouse girl?

I'm the one that works with people in mental institutions.  She's a normal, cool person.

rekt status: rekt

Offline iri

« Reply #1290 on: Sat, 21 June 2014, 15:58:28 »
that nuthouse girl?
i remember that you told you went to a mental hospital and met a pretty girl who worked there. you wanted to ask her out. the question was about if it is that girl.

but ok, it is nice to hear that you have a normal, cool person in your couple. or whatever your message was.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #1291 on: Sat, 21 June 2014, 17:40:38 »
Oh, the social worker.  No, it's not her.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #1292 on: Sat, 21 June 2014, 17:59:21 »
Partook in the first race of the season in a Gran Turismo racing league I am/was in... not sure about sticking around any longer after someone decided to take me out on purpose on several occasions... I made a little video of his antics and that plus the uploading took up most of the day... other than work ofc

:)

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #1293 on: Sat, 21 June 2014, 19:01:26 »
Put my Hyperfuse ISO set on my Ducky Mini that I just got back from JD! Fresh Lube job. :D Love it!

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #1294 on: Sat, 21 June 2014, 21:08:15 »
Fresh Lube job. :D Love it!

Ok, I'll be that guy. Enjoying JD's fresh lube job huh?  ;)

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #1295 on: Sat, 21 June 2014, 22:28:15 »
i have done nothing but eat shortbread cookies for 3 days

Offline kenmai9

• Unicornforce
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Skrrr
« Reply #1296 on: Sun, 22 June 2014, 02:08:37 »
Spent $100 on key caps

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #1297 on: Sun, 22 June 2014, 02:17:58 »